Detective Conan World
Kiel95

Downfall of the Syndicate: Chapter 16

Sorry it took so long! slight writers block and lots of work for school! that mixture is never a good one! anyways, here you go!!!

sorry these are so short as well! >w< i just stop when i think i've found a good point... and right now... i think i stopped at a pretty good point...

05.gif

She stood up with a determined look on her face.

Once she was stable again, she quickly finished getting ready and headed back on set to film the next scene.

Shinichi had left in a depressed mood.

Nothing else of great proportion happened the rest of the day, but in truth, it was only the beginning of their troubles on the trip.

~Tacticalwolf~

The next morning they were to be filming on the beach. Her looks had not yet be chosen. Since in this scene she was supposed to have changed her looks since she was undercover, both her wardrobe and her hairstyle had to change.

At the beach they were doing last minute changes.

“Have we decided on a hairstyle yet?” Keiko asked the director.

“Yeah, Yukiko gave us a great idea,” he replied as he flipped through the script, a small grin on his lips. “Do you mind if we cut and dye your hair?”

Keiko had a sickening feeling in her gut. Yukiko had definitely planned something.

“What hairstyle and what color?” she asked with a sigh, realizing what it was.

“Strawberry blonde with a short perm.”

“You may not dye it.”

“Your contract states that we are allowed to. We were giving you a sort of option, but this is not one of them. We don’t have any wigs like that.”

“Just wash the temporary dye out of my hair and let me use my natural hair color. I don’t mind the haircut.”

“Black isn’t your natural hair color?” he asked, looking up from the script.

She shook her head.

“Then what is it?”

“Strawberry blonde.”

The director was a bit taken aback. He hadn’t been expecting that. “Wait, did Yukiko know this?” he asked, slowly comprehending the other woman’s persistency in him choosing that specific hairstyle.

“Yes. I used to know her. She just loves to play with people. I wanted to forget my past, but she seems to have some ulterior motive going on,” she grumbled.

“W-well then, I’ll tell your hairstylists. Go change into the clothes for the scene.”

“Ok, I got it.”

She walked off grumbling to herself. It surprised everyone that she was in a bad mood; she was never in a bad mood.

After her hairstyle had been changed back, she walked on set in full costume.

She was bare foot, wearing a one-piece backless red swimsuit, and a thin black shirt draped around her shoulders. On her face she wore a pair of small oval glasses which looked somewhat like reading glasses, red rimmed on top, with no rims on the bottom.

Jaws dropped all over as she walked back into the staff crowded area. Both genders were staring at her intently, unable to take their eyes off her curves. This was the first time appearing in a movie where she wasn’t wearing loose clothes.

She stood beside Leah and crossed her arms across her chest.

“There’s a reason I hate bathing suits and water,” she muttered.

“K-Keiko,” Leah stammered, wide-eyed.

“Oh god, please tell me you’re not staring at my body too!”

“No, your hair… what happened to your hair?”

“I put it back to normal.”~Tacticalwolf~

“N-normal?” she asked, confused.

“Before I changed my appearance, this was my hairstyle, and this is my natural hair color. Yukiko really has it out for me. She even got the director to choose this hairstyle.” She kept mumbling to herself and had stopped making her words understandable.

Leah just stood there staring. It was as if she had met Keiko for the first time. No, she wasn’t meeting Keiko for the first time; she was meeting a glimpse of the real person underneath the façade of Keiko Shizuma.

“K-Keiko… with all these changes and since Shinichi Kudo didn’t know you even after he heard your name… Keiko isn’t really you’re name is it?” asked Leah in awe and wonder.

The strawberry blonde had been walking away when she suddenly stopped at her friend’s question. She turned and said, “No, it’s Shiho Miyano.”

Then she turned away and continued towards her position on set.

Before she even reached her spot, there was a sudden shout. She turned to the huge commotion happening in the parking lot. Apparently someone had fainted.

Upon closer inspection, she found out that it was Ran.

The brown haired Japanese girl was mumbling in her shocked state about ghosts. Apparently she saw Shiho.

Leah whispered into Shiho’s ear, “Wow, they really do think you’re dead. You weren’t kidding.”

Shiho remained silent.

Then Shinichi came pushing through the crowd, trying to get to his fainted girlfriend. He had been talking on the phone to his parents so he wasn’t there to see Shiho.

As a detective, as soon as he made it to the center of the circle, he didn’t fail to notice Shiho. He froze on spot when their eyes connected.

Then, in Japanese, so that nobody else could understand, she said, “Looks like you found out. I was really trying to keep it from you.” She had a smirk on her face and her eyes were cold.

It seemed as if that expression was the most natural for her, but it sent shivers down the spine of all her colleagues.

“Shiho,” he whispered. Even though Ran was on the ground, his mind was elsewhere and he couldn’t think straight.

She sighed and said, “I knew you couldn’t take your eyes off me. That’s another reason I wasn’t going to stay in your house anymore,” she grinned wickedly.

His mouth and eyes were still wide open, unchanging, unblinking.

It was awkwardly silent for a few moments, all eyes and ears trying to understand the conversation, but none could understand.

Finally Shiho continued, “Kudo-kun, I’m not a billboard.”

He shut his mouth and turned his attention to Ran while blushing.

Forgetting he was in America he began to only speak in Japanese like Shiho was.

“Can you tell me what happened?”

“From what I know, she fainted because she saw me. According to her ramblings in her sleep, she thinks I’m a ghost. She doesn’t seem to have hit her head either.”

“Ok then, can you show me where I can lay her down? Preferably in the shade.”

“Yeah, follow me.”

Shinichi picked up Ran and followed Shiho on set where she pointed to a towel under an umbrella.~Tacticalwolf~

“Just set her down here.”

Gently Shinichi set her down. Once that was done he turned to Shiho.

“Now, I’d like an explanation,” he said firmly.

The next morning they were to be filming on the beach. Her looks had not yet be chosen.
I think that I've found this mistake ...

Your story, as expected, is wonderful. But if I were Shinichi, I would have ask Shiho first what the hell is happening before going to that self-centered Japanese girl.

think from his shoes huh? ... Getting the girl you have been wanting or killed by an uppercut??? hmmm... owww yeah! BTW, So glad that I can save my 2000th post for my post above :grin:

wooow! great chapter, yukiko always comes up with unbelieveble ideas! Cant wait to read the next part so please!! quick! :D

i can guarantee nothing >w< i have so much other stuff to do at the moment... i don't know if i'll be able to get it out tonight or tomorrow >w< i'm actually working on a few other stories (not DC related) so i can't necessarily get it out soon... and i just found a great book to read so.... i'm kinda swamped :P

i can guarantee nothing >w< i have so much other stuff to do at the moment... i don't know if i'll be able to get it out tonight or tomorrow >w< i'm actually working on a few other stories (not DC related) so i can't necessarily get it out soon... and i just found a great book to read so.... i'm kinda swamped :P

woow! that means ur too busy these days.. anyway i will still be waiting :)

woow! that means ur too busy these days.. anyway i will still be waiting :)

well, it seems that i've got... a bit over half of the next chapter completed... but today i'm planning to go to this meeting after school.... its for this thing called nanawrimo... we have one month, starting on nov 1st to nov 30th to create a story 50,000 words long... it's 200-300 pgs long... i'm going to find out more bout it to see if i'm going to do it... there is one thing i'm worried bout though >w< while working on some other fanfics and such, i was typing non-stop and when i looked at it (all in one day, took a few hours though) the counter said that i had over 70,000 words, but i hadn't even reached 100 pgs... i was only at ... like 68... so i'm worried bout that... anyways, wish me luck! i'll see if i can get the next chapter out soon!

(P.S. but then again i also have a project to do, tests to study for, hw, shoppin... for new glasses, erm PE shorts, cell phone, and i need to study for my drivers permit test which i'm taking next thursday... U can now see what i mean by swamped... that's not really including all the stuff like writing and reading i want to do!)

well, it seems that i've got... a bit over half of the next chapter completed... but today i'm planning to go to this meeting after school.... its for this thing called nanawrimo... we have one month, starting on nov 1st to nov 30th to create a story 50,000 words long... it's 200-300 pgs long... i'm going to find out more bout it to see if i'm going to do it... there is one thing i'm worried bout though >w< while working on some other fanfics and such, i was typing non-stop and when i looked at it (all in one day, took a few hours though) the counter said that i had over 70,000 words, but i hadn't even reached 100 pgs... i was only at ... like 68... so i'm worried bout that... anyways, wish me luck! i'll see if i can get the next chapter out soon!

(P.S. but then again i also have a project to do, tests to study for, hw, shoppin... for new glasses, erm PE shorts, cell phone, and i need to study for my drivers permit test which i'm taking next thursday... U can now see what i mean by swamped... that's not really including all the stuff like writing and reading i want to do!)

seriously O-M-G 30.gif :P business gurl ...

yeah! typing and writing stories are time consuming, yet you discover you havent finished alot. but you are a SHINING STAR in the stories fourm and u have a special writing style i think you will do well in that, to extend the number of pages maybe you have to add more words and discribtive adjectives though its super good the way you usually do it. it makes me imagine the scene in my head while readung your story and u rarely find people like that so u've done a great job so far 07.gif u just need a little bit of focusing and u will successfully do it!

anyway good luck for that and for your shopping and studies

hope to read the next chap. soon btw it got me excited, knowing that ur done with more than half of it.. remmeber i'll be waiting for it

see ya later i have to study 60.gif

seriously O-M-G 30.gif :P business gurl ...

yeah! typing and writing stories are time consuming, yet you discover you havent finished alot. but you are a SHINING STAR in the stories fourm and u have a special writing style i think you will do well in that, to extend the number of pages maybe you have to add more words and discribtive adjectives though its super good the way you usually do it. it makes me imagine the scene in my head while readung your story and u rarely find people like that so u've done a great job so far 07.gif u just need a little bit of focusing and u will successfully do it!

anyway good luck for that and for your shopping and studies

hope to read the next chap. soon btw it got me excited, knowing that ur done with more than half of it.. remmeber i'll be waiting for it

see ya later i have to study 60.gif

haha ^-^ i think i've finished it in school, now i just need to type it up and post it! should be out sometime within the next few hours!06.gif

ah and sorry... but they seem to be getting shorter and shorter! not intentionally though...43.gif

hrm... well whatever it is... now i have to work on chap 18... erg >w< i need a short break, don't know if the next chap will be out this weekend... i have so much stuff to do this weekend... my moms wants help staining the deck, then i have to shop for clothes (i HATE shopping with a deep PASSION) then i need to get a new phone... hrm... oh, do a project.... hw... study for tests and quizzes... do more hw... gonna be a loooooooooong weekend, but not long enough in the aspect of actual free time.... ihave to stay up late till everyone is asleep for any free time!!!

test... quiz.... oww yeah! I have a week full of tests next week! So, don't be surprised if I'm gone for a week as beside studying, I also need to make a video for my english project, a MV for my computer lesson, prepare for teacher's day and won't be online next friday and saturday due to a camp.

bad week ahead... just like me... *sigh* well, i don't know how much i'll be on, but i'll def be on at least once a day.... no matter what lengths i have to go to, to do so... :P