Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
DetectiveSora

Are the reasonings and stuff from this anime true?

It varies. Some of the tricks are realistic. Others are prone to failure and lucky circumstances. Some are pretty bizarre and probably wouldn't work in real life without someone noticing. A lot of the locked room tricks where the door is locked from the outside are possible in real life. I have tried a few of them. There was one involving a hotel room lock bar and scotch tape in the manga which left behind a tiny bit of tape and a sticky residue as evidence, but when I tried it for myself, I left no evidence on the bar at all.

About the tea and the snake venom, there is at least one scientific paper looking at the effectiveness of tea on venom that says there are positive benefits. However, no medical group I have seen recommends doing anything beyond cleaning the affected area with soap and water. The problem is that any liquid you pour on the bite won't penetrate into the bitten tissue, so most pour-X-on-the-snakebite recommendations are more wives tales. I live in a place with many poisonous snakes, and the typical first aid instructions are to make sure the person holds still while waiting for medical attention to arrive. The perosn must stay calm to keep the heart rate down, and the bitten area must be kept immobile with a loose stick splint and well below the level of the heart to keep the venom from spreading and affecting internal organs. If you have a snakebite kit, you use that instead while waiting for medical attention to arrive. Also take off any rings or tight anything because those will get trapped and cause the skin to split open if swelling starts.

• Upvote 1