Detective Conan World
Kiel95

Downfall of the Syndicate: Chapter 10

ok, so heres my newest one, i hope ya'll love it!

i think it may have been a bit shorter than normal, but i can find it hard to decide when to cut my story into chapters... i would prefer to just post the whole thing with no chapters... but then i would have to have finished it :P

~Tacticalwolf~

Shiho kept walking and didn’t turn back. She was angry, she admits, and also regretful. She didn’t mean to snap, but he had taken it one step too far as well.

She was walking around aimlessly for hours. Her eyes were glued to the stars as she walked silently through the sleeping park, allowing the wind to ruffle her hair.

Then, before she knew what was happening, she was caught by surprise, due to how deep in thought she was, and was hit on the back of the head.

She collapsed, no sound escaping her lips, no time to react.

She phased in and out as she was carried to the back of a large truck, her vision blurry.

As they neared the track, and the doors swung open, she lost consciousness, blood dripping down her neck at a slow rate.

~Tacticalwolf~

Shinichi finally worked up the courage to go home and face Shiho. He was prepared to apologize, taking hours to mentally prepare himself and figure what to say.

When he openedd the door, something didn’t feel right. Her shoes were missing, and there was no sign of her having been there. Could she really have left?

He hurriedly rushed to her room, throwing open the door in haste, allowing it to hit the wall. The crash echoed around the empty house.

Everything was still in her room. Mind you it was quite bare, only a few things neatly placed around the room.

A computer sat upon her desk, a printer alongside. He shook the mouse, hoping to see what was on the screen.

The whole computer was locked. He quickly clicked a few buttons and found that no data had been erased, but he still couldn’t open her files.

She hadn’t run away, she was missing.

He didn’t know whether something had happened to her, or if she was doing it to get him in trouble, but he sure as hell would find out, one way or another.

He shut her room door and rushed off. His feet pounded down the steps, then slipped into his shoes.

Then with no hesitation, he opened the door and left.

He had a bad feeling in his gut. Something was not right.

~Tacticalwolf~

As her eyes slowly opened, it took time for them to adjust to the dimly lit, large, metal box she was in.

Her hands and feet were tied, and her body ached.

As she tried to sit upright, she flinched in pain, her head injury throbbing endlessly.

From behind her she heard something spoken, and it took her a while to process what had been said.

“Miyano-san, are you alright?”

The voice sounded familiar, so rolling over, she turned to the voice’s owner.

Her eyes widened in surprise. In a group of about 10 girls, two looked familiar.

“Aya-san, Mizuki-san, what happened?”

Aya replied bitterly, though she was trembling from fear, “On our way home, we were shoved into the back of this truck, bound and gagged after being knocked out by some drug.”

Mizuki then spoke up with a trembling voice, “you seem to have gotten the worst. Most girls here passed out due to the drug. Only you were hit over the head.”

“No wonder the back of my neck felt sticky and warm,” she smiled ruefully, “My blood has stopped flowing though, thankfully.” Then with a thoughtful expression she continued, a bitter smile playing on her lips, “Yet again, death has evaded me. Someone up there must really hate me.”

“Wh-what are you talking about?” asked Mizuki worriedly.

Gently shaking her head she replied, “Never mind. Anyways, where are we going? Do you guys know?”

“The man came a while ago. As he placed you in here he mentioned something about a drop off point,” muttered a girl in the back.

Another girl spoke up and said, “I wonder what that means.”

Shiho noticed that all the girls were around her age, and most were still wearing their uniforms.

“We’re being sold,” she replied simply.

All of the girls started to grow even more scared. Even if they had all been guessing that, hearing their fears voiced only heightened the effect.

While they were all whispering and muttering their fears, Shiho curled into a sort of ball, and brought her hands to the front of her body.

“What are you doing?” asked one girl.

“Escaping.”~Tacticalwolf~

She reached under her shirt, and her hands gripped a small piece of metal that had been ‘surgically’ placed in the hem of her bra.

Everyone was looking at her strangely, wondering what the hell she was doing.

When her hands came out of the bottom of her shirt, a small knife appeared in her hands.

Their eyes widened in shock and surprise.

She brought the knife to her mouth, and clasped the handle in her teeth. Then she began to saw away at the ropes that bound her hands together. Afterwards she quickly broke the bonds on her feet.

Before she could release the others, the truck jerked to a stop. Quickly she placed her knife away, and hid behind two girls.

They looked at her strangely. She didn’t seem to be hiding, but she wasn’t exactly pronouncing the fact that she had a plan.

She noticed how they were looking at her and said with a confident smile, “Don’t worry, I’m getting us out of here.”