Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Adyson Cox van Dhika

Ideas for Bigger Meitantei Conan

Hi guys! First I'm new here, so a little introduction from me: My name is Mr. Adyson Cox van Dhika, you can just call me Adyson, and I'm a really fan of Meitantei  Conan/ Detective Conan, but I'm not an otaku (Anime's lover) neither cartoon's fan.

Now let's to the topic, but before that sorry for probably there's incoherent grammar in my words because English isn't my native language and also there's a words that is wrong and offended you.

Ok, now why I am asking about ideas for bigger Meitantei Conan (Means to become more big and famous)? I know that actually Meitantei/ Detective Conan is already big and famous like:

- Detective Conan comic/ manga is one of the best selling comic around the world which already passed over 140 million sold copies (Fantastic numbers isn’t it?),

- Its series gained many awards like Shogakukan Manga Award (Including the creator, Sensei- Aoyama Goushouàconsidered to be one of the greatest Mangaka ever), Diamond Comic Distributors’s ranking list, in the United States, Case Closed (Detective Conan) received praises from Mania. com's Eduardo M. Chavez and IGN's A. E. Sparrow, or even in France, the series was nominated for the Angoulême Festival Graphic Novel award, and the series also ranked on About.com's top continuing manga series of 2010, under the title "Best Underappreciated Gem: Shonen" category.

- The animated adaptation of the series was also popular in Japan, appearing in the top six of Japanese TV Rankings at various times. And the series received considerable airtime in China; it was the second most broadcast animation there in 2004.

- Got high rating score: 8.5 in IMDb, 8.3 in MyAnimeList.net, 8.8 in TV.com.

- Melissa Sternenberg from THEM Anime Reviews reviewed and praised for its animation and plot. ActiveAnime's reviewers commented on complex character design and the "spirit" that the series has, indicating that fans of serialized mystery shows would rather enjoy it.

- Many Case Closed films/ Detective Conan Movies also always appeared in top box office in Japan every year even some of them received  Japan Academy Prize for Animation of the Year.

- In 2006, the Japanese government used Conan in campaigns to help promote crime awareness among children.Targeting the same audience, Japan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs used Conan and his friends in two pamphlets: one to promote the ministry's mission, the other to introduce the 34th G8 summit held in the country in 2010. (Pretty Amazing right?)

- Even Detective Conan HAS ITS OWN AIRPORT called Tottori Conan Airport (Astonishing achievement for fictional character right?)

- And many others.

So with that, you guys probably think this series is already big and famous right? NOT for me. Even with that achievements, me still thinking that this series is really underrated gem. Why this series is gem for me? Well, let me explain to you:

1.       Storyline is unique, great, complex and complicated and it has so many feelings like humour, sad, romantic, many others. It’s beautifully and smartly done.

2.       Extremely smart creator and characters like Shinichi Kudo, Kaito Kid, Ai Haibara/ Miyano Shiho, Heiji Hattori, Prof. Agasa, Yusaku Kudo, Subaru Okiya/ Shuichi Akai, Member of Black Organization (So smart and also in cool way) and it is inspired me to become more genius like them .

3.       Explaining the case is so detailed and geniusly done.

4.       It has so many themes like when Conan with Ran, it has romantic feelings and themes, when with Kogoro, it’s fun, when Conan with Detective Boys it also have different themes again.

5.       Complex character design (Their social skill and emotional intelligence also behaviour it’s almost like a real life person, and each character has its own unique.)

6.       Meitantei  Conan has taught me to thinking logically, critically, more carefully (Even the smallest thing can change thie condition) and seeing the world in bigger picture, but in fun/ entertaining way.

7.       Even I’m not really like cartoon/ manga style but in Detective Conan dimension, the drawing style is unique, great, and wide (Correct me if I was wrong), you can draw in Semi Cartoon-Manga style like Genta or Detective Chiba or Inspector Megure and (ZenigataàIn Lupin III vs Detective Conan series) or you can draw it just like normal anime/ manga style (I mean in Aoyama Gosho’ manga styleàIn my opinion they are better than most manga’s style) like Edogawa Conan (Shinichi Kudo), Ran Mouri, Heiji Hattori, Detective Sato (most character actually) or even draw in Semi Realistic-Manga Style (I’m more in this/ like DC/ Marvel/ most Franco-Belgian style) like Alan Smithee (From Lupin vs Detective Conan series) or Irish (From Raven Chaser Movie.)

8.       And many others (It is hard to describe it.)

Just a little share to you,before I know Detective Conan (2 years ago and over) basically I’m not really like cartoon/ manga and into CGI/ Animations because for me, it looks strange and ridiculous to me  ( Even including Toy Story or Frozen, it’s only interest me not until really like and love it) The only I like is realistic cartoon like DC/ Marvel/ Franco Belgian comics like Michel Vaillant or Tanguy and Laverdure’s comic even though I’m still not really much like it because of the cartoon storyline (Because I’m really into realism’s style person) Until I know Detective Conan almost 2 years ago because of my friends, ad, and my cousin. Whoa, it’s really change my mind (not totally). It’s masterpiece (not to saying Toy Story and Frozen are not masterpiece, indeed they are masterpiece.) But it is perfect from many aspects, drawing style(For cartoon is quiet perfect, some parts is perfectàmaybe there’s a little bit realistic style :P, detective conan drawing style is idealistic for me. Let me explain, just what I already explained DC it is wide drawing style, and it’s better than most manga/ anime style? I mean... yes! Japanese actually can be look like caucasian, because some Japanese is probably actually have Jewish Ancestry but now is not the time to explain history, what I want to say is that MOST manga draw them too caucasian, and for me DCW is one of the ideal drawing style. The storyline is masterpiece, probably as masterpiece as Sherlock Holmes story by Sir. Arthur Conan Doyle, or Harry Potter by J.K Rowling, the character design is also complex and perfect and it has get so many different feelings, themes, and situation and when solving the case is brilliant! It’s gem masterpiece!

For me it should be as big as Sherlock Holmes, as popular as Sherlock Holmes or even more! (Sorry, but for me FIRST Sherlock Holmes is only story, there’s no drawing style, second Detective Conan has got more themes, feelings, greater and creative story line (Includes Movie) so it is a win for Meitantei.  Even Sherlock is probably still smarter than Shinichi Kudo.) Also, for me it should be well-known and become fugitive like Star Wars, or Superman (I don’t understand why Superman can be soo famous? it’s just too overrated for me and story line sucks compared Meitanteiàdon’t get me wrong, I already watched almost all superman movies), Minions, Jurassic World and Final Fantasy  (Yes, I am also like Final Fantasy actualy, they’re also masterpiece J)

Ok, so above from that this is my ideas for bigger Meitantei  Conan:

1.       Smart Marketing

2.       Make a free  app Detective Conan game for Android and iOS (So, more people known Detective Conan, not just Asians, but also across the world.)

3.       Work with Hollywood :P or get sponsored by big corporation like Sony.  I would love to see Steven Spielberg direct Next-Gen Case Closed Movies :P (still in original style, but cooler)

4.       More international.

New characters like Detective from England or France or Germany or Thailand or Indonesia and people who involved making Case Closed/ Detective Conan not just most of them (sorry) Japanese but also from across the world, so the people will become more  like it because people will know it’s not just a Japanese product, but international product. Probably it will become big hit. I remember once, some DC Series that the producer and director is from America, that’s Justin Cook and Barry Watson.

Well, that’s enough for a while, sorry if there’s a word may offended you and incoherent grammars also for a bad structure. And...

How about you guys? Share your ideas and I would like it to see it J

And please don’t be too passive L, I will respect your ideas and also this is for bigger Detective Conan.

Note:  I actually have goal/ dream (sorry not to be cocky) after I become millionaire(actually must, because my father is also millionaire) and happily married if I can, I want to be a next producer or director whose contribute to next-gen. DC. Even probably the series Shinichi Kudo whose shrunk (Edogawa Conan) is already finished, I have feelings that there will be a new series (still in DCW/ Case Closed world) when Shinichi Kudo back to normal again and a new advanture for Case Closed, and I want contribute in that story and make DCW bigger!