Detective Conan World
Kyuu Nye

The end of DCTP Anime Fansubs

that’s fine and it’s how you should’ve replied at first, I know I could’ve been wrong on the legal situation as I’m no expert on it; but you went total defensive on the DCTP group which I wasn’t trying to attack, just that

edit: …and I’m no crazy fan, I don’t like how you are addressing me

That is the issue. You act like you are, just like every other fan that has tried to think of a way to get dctp to continue. At this point I'm done being nice and have since started to state it in such a way that is very clear and concise while trying not being rude. Suggesting further illegal action makes you seem like every other crazy fan despite what you claim, and thus I treat you the same. You realize that those that have suggested to buy the episodes, our contracting funi or other sane prospects have not been meet with such hostility. Why? Because they are thinking of legal solutions, not illegal like yourself.

BUT I’M NOT TALKING OF ANY SOLUTION. I AM TALKING OF POSSIBILITIES. DCTP CAN DO WHATEVER IT WANTS, I DON’T OWN IT. STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH, THANK YOU

and I’m out

BUT I’M NOT TALKING OF ANY SOLUTION. I AM TALKING OF POSSIBILITIES. DCTP CAN DO WHATEVER IT WANTS, I DON’T OWN IT. STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH, THANK YOU

and I’m out

And all of your possibilities involve combating a perfectly legal action with more illegal activity. Pardon me if I think that is wrong or crazy.

I would just like to say we(fans) appreciate what all you guys at DCTP has done. Thank you for subbing the episodes so we can understand the episodes until now. I know a lot of people may not say this but DCTP is one of the best things that has ever happened to DC. We all appreciate you.

Although I am sad about the current situation but I am not going to place any blame on FUNimation,they have rights to this is what I understand...But this is really sad.

All of us fans may just have to start learning the language...actually one thing we can do is create a topic just about weeekly episodes and when people watch it and have questions, people who understand the episodes can try to explain some of what other people missed. We fans can try and rely on eachother to understand the current episodes.

I completely agree with Kyuu Nye that we fans cannot just be thinking of ourselves and we should be trying to support their decisions. I am not saying it is wrong to think about ways for the subs to continue(just that no one would take these ideas into account because of legal actions)

One more thing, dont want to sound rude but WE SHOULD NOT BE ARUGING ABOUT IT BUT INSTEAD, WE SHOULD BE THINKING OF WAYS TO WORK WITH THE CURRENT SITUATION!

@Kyee Nye: quick questions, which two episodes are the last ones you guys are subbing? Also do you know if you guys are going to be able to sub the latest DC Movie?

I think this thread is done. DCTP isn't coming back. It's sad, but that's law and life. Nothing important is going to be happening in the anime for six months. Maybe some other group will take over by then. Who knows?

• Upvote 1