Detective Conan World

Detective_Agatha_logo.png?ex=662e8aeb&is

A role-swap alternative universe of Detective Conan.

This is my alternative take on Detective Conan series, where I swap almost every character's role while maintaining some of their personality and creating new ideas for them.

CHARACTER SWAPS (so far):

Role Swapped:

• Shinichi/ConanRan/Agatha
  • Mouri KogoroProf. Agasa
  • SonokoKyogoku
  • MegureMidori
  • TakagiSato
  • HeijiKazuha
  • KobayashiRumi
  • NaekoYumi
  • ChibaShiratori
  • Akai Shuichi/Subaru OkiyaJodie Starling/Jodie Saintemilion
  • VodkaAkemi Miyano (both Shiho and Akemi are gonna be normal BO agents like Vodka, while repurposing the character "Lady in black" from Ep. 129 to take Gin's role)
  • Dr. AraideChris/Vermouth
  • Hidemi Hondou/KirMary Sera
  • Kaito KidAkako Koizumi
  • Masumi SeraEisuke Hondou
  • Rei Furuya/Amuro/BourbonHiromitsu Morofushi/Scotch

Traits Swapped:

• AyumiMitsuhiko
  • MitsuhikoGenta
  • GentaAyumi
  • Miyano Shiho/Sherry/Ai Haibara???/Gin/(haven't think on a name)
  • HakubaKaito & Aoko
  • Eri Kisaki Yukiko Kudo

(These are up to change, there's more character to cover)

CHARACTER DESIGNS:

RAN MOURI

d39d870602ca1cea70c8da119156f90eae897fa3

She shows off as super confident and determinate, wanting to bring justice to the citizens of Beika by exposing the culprits. Like how Shinichi is a fan of Sherlock Holmes, Ran would be a huge fan of Wild Western movies, having some sort of Sheriff persona (the series is known for incorporating western material into the manga).

She's still pretty popular around there, especially in the middle-school. Well, just like her best friend in the original anime, she also shows up as some sort of ego and gets so enthusiastic every time she solves a case, pretty much annoying Shinichi.

I'd imagine that after she solved a counterpart of Roller Coaster Murder Case, Shinichi (instead of crying) would feel really annoyed of Ran for not feeling any sadness and how she just tries to deny her feelings towards these cases and that she's just her daily life of being a detective.

It's like she doesn't really open up her emotions yet Of course, she feel a terrifying aura when Sherry and her sister comes nearby in front of them, planning something suspicious and she goes there to check.

And you know what happens next… She gets knocked by an actual "new" BO character, you'll find out soon who's them…

AGATHA RAMPO

8098ebf816284075da03510be7ae1a0e76f64b52

"I might be little, but my heart is fulled of justice, and remember, bad guys, I'm a detective... and it's the detective's job to BRING THE TRUTH TO THE LIGHT!"

So Ran gets shrinken after taking the mysterious drug...

For Mouri Ran's alter-ego, she goes by the name of "Agatha Rampo" and goes to live at Shinichi's house, where she could hide her secret identity and have to solve daily mystery cases as Agasa (who's the clumsy private detective in this universe) is... not good at his job, so she uses her father's inventions to help him out to become a successful detective, so she can manage to investigate the Black Organization without any suspicion.

SHINICHI KUDO

b5432de9b3cfd2ec3c69b2167674a597ef59c4db

His design is unchanged, so I drew him with soccer outfit.

Taking the Ran's role, he'd be showing more of his Sherlock and soccer nerd side. He'd be the reason why Ran would be interested in solving mystery cases. He's still introvert and kinda rude, but laid-back a bit.

He still lives in his home (without his parents as they went to US) with his neighbor Agasa, but when he meets up with Agatha, he'd let him stay there.

He also had to deal with Agasa's incompetence and clumsyness as a private detective, since he started his own detective agency, so he had to go there to make sure he doesn't screw over (he doesn't have any deduction skills, so he tries to help Agasa's deductions).

AGASA HIROSHI

147298b91876ffab9d40c0b1356a1a5c916db3f6

Basically he's a private detective here. Despite being a intelligent professor, he lacks any critical thinking and he's really clumsy and incompetent at his job. Always liking to make puns and quizzes to make a show of himself, similar to how Kogoro does when trying to explain his deductions.

Shinichi trying to help him wherever he can, so he can make his job right…

Despite that, he's still good-hearted man and does take the job seriously (sometimes)

Btw, he doesn't actually knock at Agatha everytime she intervene at crime scenes, instead he grounds her or try to take her out of crime scene. So basically a responsable parent, unlike Kogoro.

Still thinking what to do with "Sleeping Kogoro" counterpart, if I make Agatha use her voice changing gadget from her father to use him as mouthpiece (Agasa would think it's his sub-conscious speaking to him and use it to speak his deduction) or just her tranquilize him like in the original.

(More characters designs and ideas coming soon...)

NOTES:

Feedback is pretty much appreciated. It is still work-in-progress, but maybe one day I can make more detailed profiles for each character.

Planning to just make it community-based, so you're welcome in having any takes on my swap AU or making fanworks about it. Just please credit me (DavidHolandaOne).

I mean, I'm not planning to rewrite the entire series as a fanfic but with characters swapped lol.

Hope you guys liked it :)

• Like 1

7470d64e55a75ea1fc3213a7b360580b27183f0c

(Detective Agatha logo, since I cannot edit the forum sadly)

KOGORO MOURI

dc2330e0634407c4c34bd2f03049cb1344393688

Taking the role of Agasa, Kogoro is a failed inventor who struggles to keep his inventions business afloat, since he spends everything on drinking and gambling, and also not having a good reputation.

He might not be a good father, but he does help Agatha with necessary gadgets she needs to keep her identity a secret, while he researches ways to make her daughter come back to her original body.

His personality is quite unchanged from the original, still suffering from anger issues and also separated from his wife, Eri Kisaki.