Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Rukia Kurosaki

Kudou Shinichi is Challenged part 3

Conan was terrified as the hands covered his eyes, and jerked his head to tear away from the person's grip. Then he heard a lilting, high pitched call of, "Guess who, Conan-kun?" He recognized the voice at once as Ayumi's, and turned to see three children standing behind him. "Mitsuhiko, Ayumi, Genta, were you guys following me the whole time?" he shouted. The detective boys shook their heads vigorously, exclaiming, "Of course not!" in unison. "How could you even suspect us of such a thing?" Mitsuhiko wailed dramatically, his palm on his heart in feigned surprise. Conan frowned, muttering, "Oi, oi," and sighed. "You can't pretend to have just seen me here. The fresh mud on your pants has almost reached your knees, meaning that you were running through muddy puddles and splashed it on your clothes. Also, there are wet spots on your sleeves and the front of your shirts. Evidently, you all ran through someone's sprinklers while following me."

Ayumi shook her head, insisting that he didn't have proof. Conan smirked, "Very well then," and began to explain. "Genta, you have rice on your face, but not your hands. Considering the mud, I'd say you were waiting at the Cafe Poirot for me to return, and either didn't see me enter the agency or decided not to bother me." Considering the Detective Boys' nature, he added, "Or wanted to get in on whatever case you assumed I was working on. Regardless of the reason, you then followed me as I left Mouri-san's agency and made my way through the city to where I am now. Either you feared that I would discover you first, as I had already looked around several times, or you just wanted to surprise me, and so Ayumi came up to me. Did I miss anything?"

His friends shook their heads, and Ayumi proclaimed, "Subarashii, Conan-kun!" The other two hung their heads, sighing. "Well, we got curious when we heard you asking about Ran-neesan," Mitsuhiko admitted. "Eh? But that wasn't until you'd been following me for almost twenty minutes!" Before he got a reply, Conan heard a strange sound, like the fluttering of wings, and swept his gaze up to see a dove flapping away. It was almost out of sight as it rode the breeze past the buildings to their right. He thought about the bird, smiling to himself. Can I count on your help? he thought. Or are you watching me for a different reason?

• Upvote 1