Difference between revisions of "User talk:Chekhov MacGuffin"
(→Episodes 110-115: new section)
|Line 132:||Line 132:|
[[User:Maxdefolsch|Maxdefolsch]] ([[User talk:Maxdefolsch|talk]]) 02:46, 25 July 2015 (CEST)
[[User:Maxdefolsch|Maxdefolsch]] ([[User talk:Maxdefolsch|talk]]) 02:46, 25 July 2015 (CEST)
Revision as of 08:37, 25 July 2015
|Archives for the Chekhov MacGuffin talk page|
|1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6|
- 1 Sumimasen
- 2 Templates
- 3 Re: Police Organization
- 4 Re: Two minor recurring police officers from Magic Kaito/ Kid movies
- 5 Vermouth
- 6 Magic Kaito
- 7 Ne,Ne (hey hey)
- 8 Magic Kaito organization
- 9 Gif Addition
- 10 Sherry’s Soliloquy
- 11 List of minor Magic Kaito characters
- 12 Detective Conan :the disappearance of Conan Edogawa -the worst two days in the history
- 13 NEW TEMPLATE
- 14 Pandora Box
- 15 Template:Flagicon
- 16 Kaitou Corbeau
- 17 Remaining matters concerning the Anime page
- 18 Pretty much done with the hints
- 19 Oversights in Detective Conan
- 20 User talk:18.104.22.168
- 21 Episodes 110-115
I am sorry about my misunderstand --User:Ali Ismail (talk) 05:10, 29 January 2014 (EST)
Re: Police Organization
The IP has the right of it -- several were my best guesses and I hadn't updated since Movie 13; Uno Tadayoshi's existence in Movie 14 clarified Odagiri's rank and the other changes made. Thanks for the head's up so I could cross-check and clean up a little. Do you think a gallery showing the characters with their rank badges (when possible) would be appropriate for this page? I have a screenshot of Uno and nowhere to put it. Ocianne (talk) 22:17, 6 April 2014 (CEST)
- We have minor law enforcement page, but I think a gallery wouldn't hurt for showing the attire + badge of someone of each rank. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 01:45, 7 April 2014 (CEST)
Re: Two minor recurring police officers from Magic Kaito/ Kid movies
Hello Chekhov, I'm Sally. I came back hopefully to help make the wiki looks better :). Now I was editing Magic Kaito page and found myself adding an image of the logo of the anime show, but before that I went to the Sandbox to see if the formatting of the captioned image is correct as it is my first time to encounter such a situation wherein you add a captioned image that should be minimized and put on right. What happened as a result is that the image now has two versions (they are the same of course), so if you can delete the old version, I would be in gratitude ^_^. Thanks Calia Archer: talk 19:10, 5 July 2014
Ne,Ne (hey hey)
Why the gallery in the episode in The Professor's Video Site hasn't have a screenshot ? i'm sorry that you blocked me, i promised that i'm not an upload a fanart again c-ya !
Magic Kaito organization
- I've understood everything and there are also news for you, see here! --Lombres (talk) 22:12, 27 July 2014 (CEST)
Hello, I've come up with a gif for the episode "The Desperate Revival - Third Choice" in this page and was wondering if gifs are allowed. I've tried uploading it but an error message comes up. Please let me know if it is prohibited.
- I uploaded a gif just fine at prototype antidote. There might be a file size limit though. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 04:56, 31 July 2014 (CEST)
Hey, you uploaded the 09-21 image of the soliloquy to the 09-24 page, but I’ve always uploaded them on the page of the date of when they came out. Maybe you could move the picture to the 09-21 page?--ALAKTORN (talk) 03:17, 25 September 2014 (CEST)
List of minor Magic Kaito characters
In general I agree with having a spin-off article if the main one is becoming too long; however right now Magic Kaito lists 15 characters, while List of minor Magic Kaito characters lists only 11 characters, some of which are already present in Magic Kaito (sometimes in different roles: in the main article Keiko is a protagonist, and in the spin-off article she is a recurring minor manga character).
As for Detective Konno... as I said in both one of the edits that you reverted, and in the discussion linked in my previous message, he appears in chapters 23-24 (The Clocktower Heist where Kaito fights Shinichi). He is unnamed, however, and the name Konno comes from the specials. --22.214.171.124 21:06, 5 October 2014 (CEST)
Detective Conan :the disappearance of Conan Edogawa -the worst two days in the history
I still doesn't know how to put photos into the gallery.By the way is there anyway to put a trailer into it
- We usually don't put trailers on pages unless they are uploaded by the official Detective Conan press office. Unofficial uploaders tend to have their trailers deleted eventually by DMCA, and we also had some users edit war over whose video to link (they wanted extra page views) so we stopped linking unofficial videos altogether. You can upload pictures using the "upload file" option on the left sidebar. Look near the bottom under "Toolbox". Chekhov MacGuffin talk 10:29, 6 October 2014 (CEST)
Can we create a new template which is called "InfoBox Season" and include no. of episode, Start airing date, end airing date and maybe also the introduced characters. So is there an agree for this or not. --Semo44991 (talk) 13:56, 28 October 2014 (CET)
Hi, the reason why I deleted the "Pandora's Box" thing is that I wanted to avoid confusion for readers unfamiliar with Greek mythology: a gem which happens to be named Pandora has nothing to do with Pandora's box, and yet in few websites written in my language some people wrote that Kaito and the Organization from his manga are looking for Pandora's Box (sic)!
On a totally unrelated note, do you know when MK chapters 23-24 were called "First Contact" and when they were called "Black Star"? In my edition of volume 4 (in Italian) the title used is Black Star, while it seems that in 2004's Detective Conan vs Kaitou Kid Perfect Edition the title used is First Contact. What title was used in the original 1999 Shonen Sunday chapters? --126.96.36.199 20:23, 29 October 2014 (CET)
- I see your point that Pandora gem != Pandora's box, but I'm not convinced that confusion between the two in forum posts is a good reason to delete the reference here. This wiki does address notable fan theories on many issues (Akai's death, Vermouth's aging, purpose of APTX, etc), and the theory that Gosho named the Pandora gem after Pandora's box is pretty common among fans because "Pandora" is an unusual name and most often references the myth when used. For the sake of people interested in the theory that Gosho named Pandora after the legend, it is probably relevant to point out that Gosho demonstrates awareness of the myth by referencing it in DC.
- For First contact/Black Star, I would ask Skyechan on her tumblr here: . Chekhov MacGuffin talk 21:24, 29 October 2014 (CET)
How to create/make/edit a flagicon?
- I think what you do is upload the flag with the name "Image:Flag of X.svg" where X is the exact name of the country. I'm going to test with a made up flag real fast and I'll report how it goes. Edit: Yep it works! Just rip the flag you want from Wikipedia in the svg format and name it right. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 19:56, 25 December 2014 (CET)
|Tottori Prefecture||チェコヴ マクグフィン Chekhov MacGuffin||Hello, World!|
- The way the template is set up, it assumes you are using the svg format. It's the way the template is coded. You would have to alter the template to take both svg and png. You can edit it if you want, but personally I'd rather not bother if I can get the svgs easily enough. Which flag are you trying to upload? The best way to get the svg you need is to go to wikipedia, find the flag, click the image of the flag, and then select the download image option (don't just save the picture because you will get a png) once you are on the page of the flag. Here is the tottori flag example: Wikipedia:Tottori_Prefecture#mediaviewer/File:Flag_of_Tottori_Prefecture.svg. The download option is in the lower right.
Hi, what do you think of this file? Since it was implied that the Toichi face was just a mask used as a disguise, and since the image even appears on the page about episode 1, I guess your version or Skyechan's version (which are basically identical) are a better choice. --188.8.131.52 09:45, 1 April 2015 (CEST)
- Yeah, it's spoilery. I'll have to think about the best way to deal with it. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 17:28, 1 April 2015 (CEST)
Remaining matters concerning the Anime page
Pretty much done with the hints
I just wanted to let you know that I was pretty much done with the hints ! There are still a few missing, I asked Skyechan about it here. I also added Time Travel of the Silver Sky to the Anime page, at the very beginning of the year 2004 (between episodes 344 and 345) since we don't have the exact airdate. By the way, don't forget about finding a background color for reruns and specials ! Now, I'm going to create a "Rerun episode" category similar to the "Remastered episode" category, in order to separate the two.
Oh and it's a bit unrelated, but I think I encountered a bug with the SpecialItem template : on the TV Specials page, I wanted to add a "MK Plot" line to Time Travel of the Silver Sky, so I wrote something like "pmk=This is a special about Kid", it did display the Kid icon on the right, but not the small box with "This is a special about Kid" under the summary. I don't really understand why since it seems to work for Magic Kaito Specials (which indicate heists that way) on the same page.
Anyway, I'm glad to see we're almost done with all of this. Thanks for everything !
Oversights in Detective Conan
This page seems very interesting, I didn't know about some facts you included here ! Do you have other ones in mind ? For example, I'm thinking of the fact that Amuro apparently never watched the video of Akai being killed even though he was investigating his death. Would that qualify for your page ?
- I had a small list once, but I need access to DCTP to look for it. About the Akai's death video, I posted a rant on DCTP about how weird that situation was. If you can make a case that he definitely should have been able to see it considering what else he knows, go for it. If anyone wants to disagree, they can use the rebuttals section as intended. Chekhov MacGuffin talk 20:22, 10 July 2015 (CEST)
Ok, Chekhov MacGuffin! I'm very sorry! --184.108.40.206 11:45, 23 July 2015 (CEST)
I see you moved again the files from episodes 110 to 115. I'm not sure I had told you personally about it, but back when I was moving Next Conan's Hints, I discovered that the numbering was wrong from these episodes and deduced the correct numbers from the hints and next episode's previews. From what I'm seeing, this user, Santas20, changed back to the old, wrong numbers, and you moved the files accordingly. I'm going to revert that, but how should I ensure it doesn't happen again ? Should I write an invisible note next to the episode number in each page ?
Thanks in advance,
- From the episodes I have on my computer :
- At the end of episode 109, Detective Club Pursuit Case, there are the hint and preview for The Seven Mysteries of Teitan Elementary School Case (which would then be episode 110, not 112)
- At the end of The Seven Mysteries of Teitan Elementary School Case, there are the hint and preview for Cooking Classroom Murder Case (Part 1) (which would be episode 111, not 110, and part 2 would be 112, not 111)
- At the end of Cooking Classroom Murder Case (Part 2), there are the hint and preview for Scuba Diving Murder Case (Part 1) (which would be episode 113, not 114, and part 2 would be 114, not 115)
- At the end of Scuba Diving Murder Case (Part 2), there are the hint and preview for The White Sandy Beach Murder Case (which would be episode 115, not 113)
- At the end of The White Sandy Beach Murder Case, there are the hint and preview for The Mystery Writer Disappearance Case (Part 1), which is episode 116
That's how I found out about the wrong numbering and deduced the correct one. Would that not be sufficient proof ?