The Disappearance of Conan Edogawa: The Worst Two Days in History
The Disappearance of Conan Edogawa: The Worst Two Days in History (江戸川コナン失踪事件 ~史上最悪の二日間~ Edogawa Conan Shissō Jiken ~ Shijō Saiaku no Futsukakan ~) is the fifth TV Special of Detective Conan.
This special is based on the famous case of the disappearance of Agatha Christie in 1926, and the director Kenji Uchida has worked with Gosho Aoyama to achieve a crossover that introduces Conan Edogawa and the various characters in the story of his famous film Kagi Dorobo no Method from 2012.
Because Professor Agasa's bath is broken, Conan, Ran, and Haibara headed for a bath house. In the bath house , Conan notices a suspicious man opening a locker. Conan catches a glimpse of what is inside, and the man closes it quickly.
While thinking about the man, Conan slips and hits his head on the ground. Before he could stand up, the suspicious man walked over to him and covered his mouth with a towel. Conan slowly fell unconscious. Then, the suspicious man and his partner say they're going to take Conan to a hospital and put him in their car.
Just as Conan thought, the suspicious man was a legendary hit man with his accomplice. Hearing that Conan has been taken to the hospital, Ran and Haibara search the nearby hospital but he's no where to be found. Suddenly, a mail saying "My injury wasn't so bad. I'm going to go eat dinner with a man I know." reaches Ran. That email was from Shinichi.
The hit man and his accomplice who kidnapped Conan because they thought he noticed their plan, notices that Conan has amnesia due to the shock of the fall he had before. They use that amnesiac child for their next plan. First, they feed him another sleeping pill. Then, a woman enters and shoots two of the men dead, leaving the third, who she calls Kondo, the legendary hitman.
The second part of the plan is then unveiled. The woman notes that Conan has a ticket in his pocket to the Kamen Yaiba festival and asks Kondo to take him there. Conan is given a backpack full of explosives to wear. The explosives can be remotely detonated...
Key of Life based characters
- Ran keeps her hair rolled while she is in the public baths, whereas in cases at the spa her hair is left loose or gathered in a headset, except in The Case of the Furisode at the Hidden Hot Spring on a Snowy Night.
- Kogoro thinks that as time goes on Ran looks more like her mother, just like in The Murder Floating in the Water Stream Restaurant.
- The Haido old factory is the factory of ZR-Stunt Co. in Conan Disappeared on the Cliff, which its employees are a group of robbers.
- The car that Junitsu Kondo drives is a Silver Chrysler 300c (LX). The license plate number 新宿 320, さ 5 13 (Shinjuku 320, Sa 5 13).
- Kondo's motorbike is a 2013 Ducati Diavel blue stripe. The license plate number 2 新宿, ま 5 31 (2 Shinjuku, Ma 5 31).
- Nana car drive is a 1991 Rover Mini Cooper MkV [ADO20]. The license plate number is 新宿 500, な 8 08 (Shinjuku 500, Na 8 08).
- M's semi-trailer truck (tractor) is a Red Peterbilt 359. The license plate number is 新宿 100, い 1 18 (Shinjuku 100, I 1 18).
- The Minister Motorcade Vehicles are Cadillac DTS Stretched Limousine with 2x 2013 Cadillac ATS police cars.
In other languages
|German||Das Verschwinden des Conan Edogawa. Die zwei schlimmsten Tage seines Lebens||The disappearance of Conan Edogawa. The worst two days in his life.|
|Thai||คดีปริศนากับโคนันที่หายไป||A Mystery Case and the Disappearance of Conan|
|Vietnamese||Conan Edogawa mất tích - Hai ngày tồi tệ nhất lịch sử||Conan Edogawa disappeared - The worst two days in history|
- TV Specials
- Sunflowers of Inferno - A promo for this movie was included at the end of the special.
- Key of Life
|Detective Conan TV Specials|
|Time Travel of the Silver Sky • Black History • Lupin III vs. Detective Conan (crossover) • Fugitive: Kogoro Mouri • The Disappearance of Conan Edogawa: The Worst Two Days in History (crossover) • Episode One: The Great Detective Turned Small|