|Date of birth:||October 18, 1945|
|Place of birth:||Shimonoseki, Yamaguchi, Japan|
|Location:||Osaka Prefecture, Japan|
|Voice of:||Goro Otaki|
Norio Wakamoto (若本 規夫 Wakamoto Norio), born October 18 1945 in Shimonoseki, Yamaguchi Prefecture, is a Japanese voice actor and narrator affiliated with the Sigma Seven talent agency. He is also sometimes credited as Kyonosuke Hiruma (比留間 京之介 Hiruma Kyōnosuke).
Wakamoto was born in Yamaguchi Prefecture, but grew up in Sakai, Osaka Prefecture, where he also picked up the Kansai accent. His birth name was also Norio Wakamoto, but with a different kanji for the "nori" character (若本 紀夫). After graduating from Waseda University, he was recruited by the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department's anti-riot squad as a police officer. He officially started his voice acting career in 1972 and quickly gained famed for his sharp and astringent voice, earning him roles as villains in many famous shows including Charles zi Britannia in Code Geass, Cell in Dragon Ball Z or DIO from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure drama CD's.
He is 5 foot 6 inches tall and is of blood type B.
Other roles in Detective Conan
- The Twenty Year Old Murderous Intent: The Symphony Serial Murder Case: Korehisa Kanie
- TV Station Murder Case: Michihiko Suwa
- The Kidnapping of a Popular Artist Case: Satoshi Miyahara
Other notable roles
- Astro Boy: Deathcross
- Berserk: Gambino
- Chrono Crusade: Duke Duffau
- A Certain Magical Index: Biagio Busoni
- Code Geass: Charles Zi Britannia
- Cowboy Bebop: Vicious
- Digimon Frontier: IceDevimon
- Dog Days: Makoto Allen Takemura, General Godwin
- Many other roles including Cell in Dragon Ball Z, Spirit King in Fairy Tail, Katakuriko Matsudaira in Gintama, etc.