Munch's Missing Scream (消えたムンクの叫び Kieta Munku no Sakebi) is the 774th episode of the Detective Conan anime. This episode is a pre-story for Sunflowers of Inferno.
Ran and Conan accompany Jirokichi Suzuki to Narita Airport to wait for the arrival of Edward Munch's Anxiety and Despair (1894). These two paintings were checked to have no defects, so they were packed and transferred to Suzuki Art Museum by a truck. The three of them get in a car and follow the truck.
Meanwhile, Munch's Scream arrived at Haneda Airport, and after it was checked to have no problems, it was sent to the museum by another truck. However, Hiroshi Numajiri tells Jirokichi that the truck carrying 'Scream' drove off course and disappeared without leaving traces.
||Suzuki Art Museum
||Hiroshi Numajiri, Keiji Shimamura, and Munenori Kato
|During the transfer from Haneda Airport to Suzuki Art Museum, the truck carrying Scream drove off course and disappeared without leaving traces.
At the museum there are also Sonoko, Haibara, and the Detective Boys. Ran can't contact Shinichi to solve this case, because the boy is reflecting on the situation with Haibara and can't hear his phone vibrates in his jacket pocket, so she does to intervene his father. Before contacting the police for theft, they discover that the painting was only delivered late because of a traffic jam, but Conan is not entirely convinced and continues to investigate.
- This is the first TV original episode to feature Jirokichi Suzuki without his enemy Kaitou Kid.
- The Cheetah delivery company reappeared in this episode.
- The Scream created by Edvard Munch pastel on cardboard was in fact sold for nearly US$120 million, at Sotheby's, in 2012 and is now in the private collection of Leon Black.
- Three Sunflowers in a Vase, the first painting on sunflowers created by Vincent Van Gogh in Arles, invisible to the public since the Cleveland view in 1948, is now in the private collection of an unknown millionaire in the US, revealed only to his close friends, who bought it from a New York dealer in 1996 for an undisclosed sum.
- Jirokichi Suzuki's car is a Black Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit Stretched Limousine. The license plate number is 新宿 831, と 36-24 (Shinjuku 831, To 36-24).
- Shimamura Shipping trucks are 1999 Nissan Diesel Condor. Instead of "Shimamura", the trucks are marked "Simamura".
- A Suzuki Art Museum painting appeared in The Ventriloquist's Illusion.
In other languages
| Catalan (Catalan dub)
||"El crit" de Munch desapareix
||Munch's "Scream" disappears
||The Missing Scream Of Munch