Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

What's on Your Mind?

22 hours ago, Kjeldahl said:

Who is an active admin here currently? I feel like reporting some troublemakers  :3

who are the troublemakers :ph34r:

On 6/20/2019 at 9:24 PM, Ryo said:

who are the troublemakers :ph34r:

Ohh I tell you who the troublemakers are :3

WHEN I ERASE THEIR EXISTENCE FROM THIS WORLD  :3   (with the help of an admin which I still havent found)

*eats a potato chip*

OMM : Someone just told me I have a jawline of a woman and now I am sad :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/26/2019 at 11:43 AM, Kjeldahl said:

Ohh I tell you who the troublemakers are :3

WHEN I ERASE THEIR EXISTENCE FROM THIS WORLD  :3   (with the help of an admin which I still havent found)

*eats a potato chip*

;)

On 6/26/2019 at 11:43 AM, Kjeldahl said:

OMM : Someone just told me I have a jawline of a woman and now I am sad :unsure:

Idk, that's like a compliment if you think about it. 

It's been quite a while since I've been on here but I was overcome with a sudden urge to revisit. I'm slightly embarrassed at such a childish username and past posts I have made. It's midnight and I'm sitting at my desk as I stumble across some videos in my recommended of dc openings. I'd say it's been a good 6 years since I've listened to them but I clicked anyway. Immediately, a wave of nostalgia washed over me. Its fascinating how songs seem to capture a period of time within it, and as one listens to it again they are able to relive every moment of that period. The past few days I have been overwhelmed with stress with upcoming exams, yet this seemed to be the only thing that has gotten me to calm down. I'm undoubtedly much younger than most people on this forum, if still active, and it's crazy to think that such a deserted site used to be the bustling center of many mystery fans. This nostalgia is so painfully bittersweet even as it reminds me of old times; a time where I had so much love for every single character, where I met so many people online. I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but I'm grateful to have stopped by. 

• Like 4

On 6/6/2020 at 3:54 AM, Metantei Kiddo said:

God... I've just been feeling empty as of late. Never felt this before. I dunno why.

I relate. After some reflection I think my feelings of emptiness might be stemming from loneliness.

On 5/14/2020 at 1:06 AM, Kitty Paw said:

It's been quite a while since I've been on here but I was overcome with a sudden urge to revisit. I'm slightly embarrassed at such a childish username and past posts I have made. It's midnight and I'm sitting at my desk as I stumble across some videos in my recommended of dc openings. I'd say it's been a good 6 years since I've listened to them but I clicked anyway. Immediately, a wave of nostalgia washed over me. Its fascinating how songs seem to capture a period of time within it, and as one listens to it again they are able to relive every moment of that period. The past few days I have been overwhelmed with stress with upcoming exams, yet this seemed to be the only thing that has gotten me to calm down. I'm undoubtedly much younger than most people on this forum, if still active, and it's crazy to think that such a deserted site used to be the bustling center of many mystery fans. This nostalgia is so painfully bittersweet even as it reminds me of old times; a time where I had so much love for every single character, where I met so many people online. I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but I'm grateful to have stopped by. 

Kitty Paw pretty much sums up my feelings on the subject, but wow. 

Over the years, I've popped back in a couple of times just to see how the forum's doing. I don't think anybody's particularly proud of their early-teen years, but I had a lot of fun on here. DCW was always a cozy place to be. Like others have said, it's kind of sad to see how slow the traffic is nowadays, but it happens. I just hope our overlord (hello Maurice!) knows that we love our little corner of the world. Servers don't last forever and I'm sure the costs add up, but it's always nice to know my emo Dear Anonymous are currently still preserved on the interwebs!

OMM: @Raki just caught up to all the DC manga today. And now she's updating me on spoilers. Goshoooooooooo

On 6/10/2020 at 6:26 AM, Kirsch said:

Kitty Paw pretty much sums up my feelings on the subject, but wow. 

Over the years, I've popped back in a couple of times just to see how the forum's doing. I don't think anybody's particularly proud of their early-teen years, but I had a lot of fun on here. DCW was always a cozy place to be. Like others have said, it's kind of sad to see how slow the traffic is nowadays, but it happens. I just hope our overlord (hello Maurice!) knows that we love our little corner of the world. Servers don't last forever and I'm sure the costs add up, but it's always nice to know my emo Dear Anonymous are currently still preserved on the interwebs!

OMM: @Raki just caught up to all the DC manga today. And now she's updating me on spoilers. Goshoooooooooo

broskiiiii

• Like 1

I miss the old days when I used to come here a lot and post. I haven't properly watched Conan in a while. I just miss my youth honestly, and how the internet used to be in the 2000s, early 2010s.

On 6/10/2020 at 8:28 PM, Ryo said:

Kirsch?? :o

On 6/11/2020 at 2:20 PM, Balthazar Manfredie said:

broskiiiii

helloooooo! long time no see ^^

OMM: it's always hard to be a book-reader watching book-to-movie adaptations, but the artemis fowl movie kind of upends everything about the story? like book 1 of artemis fowl shows an 12-year-old hunting after myths around the world, kidnapping a fairy (elf), holding that elf for ransom, and earning a huge block of fairy gold in return. and that's just book 1. in the movie trailer, artemis is the typical "chosen one" character, and instead of a criminal mastermind, he's just a kid with spunk. (some reviews called it Spy Kids on a larger budget, and that's pretty fair.) also, instead of casting either a dwarf or CGI-ing an actor in dwarf size, they just decided to make Mulch Diggums "a very large dwarf."

On 6/10/2020 at 12:26 AM, Kirsch said:

YES I FEEL SO ACCOMPLISHED

OMM: I've been casually playing a gacha game (Monster Super League) for maybe 2 years now but I've recently started playing it more seriously (if that's even the right word) to try to actually level up and I've realized just how rigged this game is. They sell benefit packages for over $100 and people actually buy them, holy crap. I have my fair share of expensive hobbies but I can't imagine spending so much money on a mobile game, damnn

On 6/9/2020 at 1:40 AM, Rye said:

I relate. After some reflection I think my feelings of emptiness might be stemming from loneliness.

Mine's the opposite I think. I feel like the reason why I feel so down all the time is due to me not just focusing on my self for now.

On 6/7/2020 at 9:20 PM, Balthazar Manfredie said:

cause you missed me

Maybe...? Lol but hey. How's it going?

@Kirsch Hey how's it going? Long time no see!

OMM: Ahhh... hope I'm overthinking but my fear of abandonment is kicking in again. Are you just really sick as you're saying?

On 6/23/2020 at 8:28 AM, Metantei Kiddo said:

Mine's the opposite I think. I feel like the reason why I feel so down all the time is due to me not just focusing on my self for now.

Maybe...? Lol but hey. How's it going?

@Kirsch Hey how's it going? Long time no see!

OMM: Ahhh... hope I'm overthinking but my fear of abandonment is kicking in again. Are you just really sick as you're saying?

not bad

i manage broski

The topic was deleted by error. I was able to restore a backup.

It is one of the oldest and biggest/most famous topic on the forum after all. A trip down memory lane and through DCW's history. :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1