Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

What's on Your Mind?

On 01/06/2017 at 5:19 AM, Kenzi said:

Even if I lack the time to really sit down, I don't think I can ever abandon DCW entirely. I've spent a good chunk of time derping around here these past couple years, and I'll always be grateful for how much I've grown from interacting with you guys. I look back on my history here quite fondly, so I'll always have a soft spot for DCW, haha.

you rite tho

the absence of activity here does make DCW feel like a wasteland, lol

I have the same sentiment :) Like phantomlady1101 is not just an username or my online persona, it's a part of the real me.

OMM: I planned to be on a school trip to the UK at the end of this year, but it was cancelled right after Manchester bombing. The London attack reaffirmed that the decision was a correct one.

^For better or worse, I've been lurking sort of regularly for the past few months and just never said anything. Nice to know other users still check in on the place c:

OMM 1: tumblr_m42qubKWBD1r58lid.gif

I beat Persona 5 back in April, but I'm still excited about it! Out of P3, P4, and now P5, P4's still my favorite, but P5 was really enjoyable nonetheless and hands down has the most fun gameplay of the three. And that's not even to mention how great the OST is (The Whims of Fate (6th Palace spoilers) and Price (possible 3rd Palace spoilers) are my probably my favorites, but most of the OST is pretty gr8) or how nice and stylized the game looks in general

I'm just about done with my new game+/2nd playthrough and have things mostly wrapped up. All I have left is the last free week in December and then the final dungeon. I abused the flu day Reaper trick, so I'm incredibly overleveled, and what I have left should only take maybe 3hrs.
I'm going to have to do a new game++ run to get all the trophies though. I don't really mind since P5's protagonist has yet to grow on me in the way that P3's and P4's protags did, and I've been meaning to try out merciless difficulty too  so.......... I might as well play it a 3rd time. . . . . .. .. . not immediately, but maybe in like a month or two.

OMM 2: I know I'm the only person who cares, but I got into gunpla a few weeks and it's actually really enjoyable! The two HG 1/144s that I've done so far were just straight out of box builds, but I bought a cheap kit to practice panel lining and maybe basic weathering on and I'm very much looking forward to fully realizing just how unsteady my hands are when I go to panel line to having another non-video game thing to sink time into

i'm finaly a reel gandum fan hooorayyy

On 4/29/2017 at 1:51 PM, The Banana Paladin said:

Had to unfollow someone because of too many persona spoilers. :3

How much of it was spoiled for you? :T

On my m-m-m-mind!: New Monster Hunter game coming out for PC eventually :D And a new Metroid Prime game as well!! Exciting.

Been inactive for a while, though I'm done studying for now, so I will hopefully find more time to visit DCW (:

Whoever is here, have a nice day!

On 7/1/2017 at 11:37 AM, Kid the Phantom Thief said:

On my m-m-m-mind!: New Monster Hunter game coming out for PC eventually :D And a new Metroid Prime game as well!! Exciting.

Been inactive for a while, though I'm done studying for now, so I will hopefully find more time to visit DCW (:

Whoever is here, have a nice day!

Metroid hype train!! 

I have more free time to be on here, too bad others don't :( 

On 7/7/2017 at 5:21 AM, machine said:

other than that though,, , here's some pictures of my cat i guess

I aspire to be that relaxed.

On 7/21/2017 at 2:38 PM, DConanSyndicate said:

Wondering why haven't I seen the last DC movie yet

Are you from one of the countries that had it in theatres?

On 5/21/2017 at 10:51 PM, Kenzi said:

ahhh, it feels so good to be on break :')

lol where did the time go

OMM: solar eclipse hype

I'm actually really excited.

4 hours ago, Kenzi said:

lol where did the time go

OMM: solar eclipse hype

I'm actually really excited.

Monday hype! and Kenzi is back :D

On 8/15/2017 at 7:12 PM, Ryo said:

Monday hype! and Kenzi is back :D

for now
at least until school starts back up again, lol
it’s nice to see that some of you guys are still around

also, can I just take a moment to mention how stupidly difficult it was to get my hands on eclipse glasses
if not already sold out, those glasses were either on the other side of the world or being sold at a ludicrous price

On 8/18/2017 at 11:16 AM, Kenzi said:

for now
at least until school starts back up again, lol
it’s nice to see that some of you guys are still around

also, can I just take a moment to mention how stupidly difficult it was to get my hands on eclipse glasses
if not already sold out, those glasses were either on the other side of the world or being sold at a ludicrous price

I hear ya, it's my last year of school, so I'll be busy myself. Those glasses went out pretty damn fast. A few stores had some, but people snatched those up quick. 

OMM 1:

8IQ449MM5gTmFHyUcLAUbwStQyn-qpD684m-3IoQ

my summer can be summarized as Dark Souls, Stardew Valley, the first 4 seasons of Rupaul's Drag Race, and podcasts

I'd say it was time well spent

OMM 2: tfw Sonic Mania looks really fun but you don't have a Switch, PS4, or XB1 tumblr_nqi1hfoDCM1qivk0so3_75sq.gif

On 8/5/2017 at 1:05 PM, Ryo said:

I aspire to be that relaxed.

do you aspire to be this relaxed too though?

On 8/18/2017 at 11:16 AM, Kenzi said:

Yeah it's surprisingly hard to track down those things. No stores are carrying them where I live, and while one of the local libraries ordered like 2000 pairs, they aren't going to be handing out any of them out since they're not sure if they bought ones that are protective enough. At least it's easy to find tutorials on how to make your own eclipse viewer :/

On 8/21/2017 at 0:08 PM, Magic Kaito. said:

I wonder how it will be the appearance of "Big Ben" after four years of maintenance and renovation. 

probably not all that much different (aside from the general polishing and gear replacement) if they plan on preserving its historical integrity

On 8/19/2017 at 0:44 PM, Ryo said:

I hear ya, it's my last year of school, so I'll be busy myself. Those glasses went out pretty damn fast. A few stores had some, but people snatched those up quick. 

On 8/20/2017 at 5:43 PM, machine said:

Yeah it's surprisingly hard to track down those things. No stores are carrying them where I live, and while one of the local libraries ordered like 2000 pairs, they aren't going to be handing out any of them out since they're not sure if they bought ones that are protective enough. At least it's easy to find tutorials on how to make your own eclipse viewer :/

ironically enough, it was easier to track down places that were handing them out for free than it was to hunt for stores that had them in-stock (or even online at a reasonable price, for that matter)

--

a cloud blocked the view during the peak of the eclipse yesterday ._.

granted, I wasn’t in the path of totality, so it wasn’t that big of a deal, but it still annoyed me a good amount, lol

the next eclipse is happening in 2024, and I live close enough to the path of totality, so that’ll be pretty hype at least (honestly though, who knows where I’ll end up in seven years, haha)

I was at work and a whole bunch of people came in to pickup their order of those glasses! One lady actually gave me a free pair, but I was stuck at work :angry:

On 8/22/2017 at 7:38 PM, Ryo said:

I was at work and a whole bunch of people came in to pickup their order of those glasses! One lady actually gave me a free pair, but I was stuck at work :angry:

OH MAN, a similar thing actually happened to me as well.

Our building’s alarm went off so everyone had to evacuate. I figured we would be outside for a while, and what better time to grab a few pairs of eclipse glasses?

Except the place that was handing them out was all the way across campus, so my mentor dissuaded me from going, and I never had another opportunity to grab eclipse glasses from my workplace since then. It caused me a lot of stress when I was trying to track down places that were handing them out weeks later, lol.

--

OMM: why is textbook hunting such a pain

On 8/25/2017 at 0:27 PM, Kenzi said:

OH MAN, a similar thing actually happened to me as well.

Our building’s alarm went off so everyone had to evacuate. I figured we would be outside for a while, and what better time to grab a few pairs of eclipse glasses?

Except the place that was handing them out was all the way across campus, so my mentor dissuaded me from going, and I never had another opportunity to grab eclipse glasses from my workplace since then. It caused me a lot of stress when I was trying to track down places that were handing them out weeks later, lol.

Lol man that sucks. It was hard seeing a bunch of people watching the eclipse right outside of my job I never felt like that kermit looking out the window picture more in my life. I guess I have to wait 7 years to catch the next one :ph34r: