Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

What's on Your Mind?

On 14/8/2016 at 4:28 PM, Akazora said:

gokvsUO.jpg

I presume you're on Team Mystic? q:

On 17/8/2016 at 6:45 PM, Ryo said:

OMM Anyone else been watching the Olympics?

A bunch, in fact! Track cycling and badminton especially! I've also watched various sailing/rowing sports, as well as one wrestling match, some handball and athletics sports as well. Denmark won their first, and only, gold medal in swimming, though I didn't watch that one live as it was happening at night time in Denmark.

9 hours ago, .MK. said:

On My Mind: "I don't think the universe does make bargains". Yes, definitely not.

On My Mind #2: Never interested in the Olympics. Never was.

I think I would be if my country had athletes participating but who even does hard work here :P

15 hours ago, The Banana Paladin said:

I think I would be if my country had athletes participating but who even does hard work here :P

Lol you should go live here instead. It's worst

On My Mind:

why-isnt-it-called-no-womans-sky-bobby-f

*facepalms*

(it's just a joke btw)

But serious topic, reviving the legendary Ghost Busters and gender bending the lead characters because "equality". *facepalms 100x* 

EDIT: Just wanna clear out; It sucks because they're tryna change the important character trait of a lead character in an already done story for agenda-ic sake not because it's part of the story. (which is obvious with the new Ghostbusters) As per vice versa view, It's like trying to change Katniss from Hunger Games and making her a guy. 

1 hour ago, Traxex said:

OMM: Wishing Rukia Kurosaki to return to DCW.

I actually originally thought you were a new member. It's only now that I realized that you were (what was your old name again?)

On My Mind: The Edit function of the posts doesn't work properly on mobile view. Bad for me who like always edits his posts :P

On My Mind #2: I already knew and already accepted it. It's just bound to happen.

End is inevitable. It really is, especially on this one.

It's hard to accept but we all have to move on with life, this is no Utopia...

...coz that's just how it is and that's how it is fated to happen.

As we reach the Journey's end...

...or the Parting of Ways, as others call it.

It really feels like the End of Time.

But... Let's end this with a Big Bang...

...towards the final 2 seasons...

Spoiler

...of Doctor Who :P (Utopia, The Parting of Ways, The End of Time, The Journey's End and Big Bang are episodes of the show, btw. Hehe, I'm so clever. JK JK)

Gahd  I'll miss binge watching this show. It's been a month and I'm on the last few episodes of the show. I'll have to wait till next year for a new Season.

On My Mind #3: What should I watch next?

3 hours ago, .MK. said:

I actually originally thought you were a new member. It's only now that I realized that you were (what was your old name again?)

Limansk > Traxex (DoTA 2 ranger, though I mostly play as Offlane Support CK)

7 hours ago, Traxex said:

Limansk > Traxex (DoTA 2 ranger, though I mostly play as Offlane Support CK)

Yeah. I know who Traxex is. :3

On My Mind #1:

a0e0cc0a9f863f06f73c1c2176e66b85.jpg

The problem when you use British Accent and Terminologies.

Also, it's refreshing to see a mainstream Asexual Protagonist (albeit Romantic).

Probably one of the reasons why I really really loved the show coz I can kinda relate to him.

On My Mind #2: Too much Fast Foods lately.

On My Mind: So, I was just watching an interview done with our president (the Philippines). The Interviewer asked about when will the massive swell in extra-judicial criminal killings that happened in the fast few weeks when our new president sat down, will stop. (The Interviewer was an American, btw). Basically, our President just replied that it won't stop cause it was what he promised to do on his platform. But the Interviewer kept on circling the question around and our President just got pissed off, he started talking about how it's so unfair that the U.N./the west is threatening him that if he don't stop with the killings of the Criminals (Heinious crime committers), they might do something coz it doesn't align with the 'international' law, yet on the otherhand, they seem to not be doing much anything about the terrorism that is happening right now.  (He also talked about some killings in US too.)

It really made me smile and made me affirm my choice of me wanting him as the president coz he's really on point with it. It also pisses me off that not much seems to bat that much eye when innocent people gets killed yet when someone kills a criminal extra-judicially (albeit out of self defense and the criminal evading arrest), the Human Rights Activists loses their minds. It also really really pisses me off that the big countries, who have like really high-tech arsenal of weapons compared to the terrorists, doesn't seem want to get involved too much in the war with the terrorists. IMO, alot of our world leaders are a bunch of wusses. They can't make the 'impossible' choices and they make up some sort of reason for not doing so but truth is, they're just really scared of the critics and the media pressure mounted on them who tells them to do otherwise.

And what pisses me off to the highest extent is how wrong most people's thinking has become. Alot of people would normally be against executions even if the crime committed is heinious yet the killing of an unborn innocent child should be allowed for purely selfish intent. (Having unprotected youknowwhat without consequences :V). Just WTF. (Just wanna clear out that, I support abortion on some occasions like when childbirth would be a life threatening situation or when the resulting child is caused by rape altho, in the latter's case, it's better just to send off the child on orphanage.)

Sometimes, I really just want to be abducted by an alien coz...

3cd8a33a.png

Sometimes... just really sometimes... The more you know the more faith you lose in humanity and the more depressed you get.

I loved the trailer for what Tokyo will have in store for us come the 2020 Olympic games. Did anyone else stay up late last night to see it during the Closing Ceremony? I'm soo hyped! It was absolutely awesome. I'm a bit upset with myself that I missed the last round for Swimming, since that's one of my most favorite sports to watch during the Olympics, but I'm at least glad I got to see some of both the Women's and Men's swimming sets. The gymnastics were pretty good too, as well as the Track and Field. 

Also, this is going to be kinda random, but did anyone else watch the Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney anime that came out not too long ago? I mean, I expected more from it, but it's all right, and is something to watch when I'm really bored, and the cases somewhat keep me interested and entertained. I think they're still making new episodes for it, but I haven't watched it in a long time, so I'm kinda behind in it. vwv 

On My Mind: My mom and my older sister won't be around for like almost 4 days (since yesterday). Pretty much, I'm in charge of our house right now. Sad news is I'm basically the only one doing the chores T__T but good news is I'm bossing around my younger sister hehehe (and she got a taste of my disciplinarian side :P Ohhh I'm really cruel *smirks*)

OMM: My brother is trying to get me to watch American Crime Story but I just can't seem to do it. I like the show, but I can't get myself to watch it - I don't know why...

He tried to get me to watch Game of Thrones, too, but I kind of drifted away from it after the first season. I want to watch it but I just get so easily distracted...

On 25/8/2016 at 10:44 AM, M.K. said:

On My Mind: My mom and my older sister won't be around for like almost 4 days (since yesterday). Pretty much, I'm in charge of our house right now. Sad news is I'm basically the only one doing the chores T__T but good news is I'm bossing around my younger sister hehehe (and she got a taste of my disciplinarian side :P Ohhh I'm really cruel *smirks*)

Don't go burning your house to the ground now D:

12 hours ago, Raki said:

OMM: My brother is trying to get me to watch American Crime Story but I just can't seem to do it. I like the show, but I can't get myself to watch it - I don't know why...

He tried to get me to watch Game of Thrones, too, but I kind of drifted away from it after the first season. I want to watch it but I just get so easily distracted...

How can you drift away from the Game of Thrones? It's the one unrivaled show out there, with a cast so huge yet so intriguing, it's like you're glued to the screen throughout the seasons. Don't stop at season one.

1 hour ago, Kid the Phantom Thief said:

Don't go burning your house to the ground now D:

How can you drift away from the Game of Thrones? It's the one unrivaled show out there, with a cast so huge yet so intriguing, it's like you're glued to the screen throughout the seasons. Don't stop at season one.

I almost did :P JK

Anyways, I know youre talking to Raki on GoT but I wanna give my own opinion on why I dont wanna watch GoT. In fact, I kinda hate it. 

This may sound like I'm being superficial but my biggest complaint in that show, from what I heard is that; almost every episode there's always a nudity slash sex scene on it which again, may sound silly but to me, I'm okay with those things as long as its kept on bare minimum and is relevant to the genre (e.g romance/semi romance) but too much, its too distracting and it pisses the hell out of me. It just becomes a plot device to attract typical young adults especially guys (I have friends who just watch it for the pleasure of nudity :V)

And, the Incest in the show (Yeah the lannister. Its going rounds in the internet thats why I know it :V) *facepalms* that's where the line is drawn for me. Its what made me hate the show coupled with rape and too much violence. 

Dont care if everyone watches it, I myself will never watch it. Period. Even if the plot is pretty good, its not enough to convince me otherwise.

sorry to those who really love the show. But just my humble opinion. :3

6 hours ago, M.K. said:

I almost did :P JK

Anyways, I know youre talking to Raki on GoT but I wanna give my own opinion on why I dont wanna watch GoT. In fact, I kinda hate it. 

This may sound like I'm being superficial but my biggest complaint in that show, from what I heard is that; almost every episode there's always a nudity slash sex scene on it which again, may sound silly but to me, I'm okay with those things as long as its kept on bare minimum and is relevant to the genre (e.g romance/semi romance) but too much, its too distracting and it pisses the hell out of me. It just becomes a plot device to attract typical young adults especially guys (I have friends who just watch it for the pleasure of nudity :V)

And, the Incest in the show (Yeah the lannister. Its going rounds in the internet thats why I know it :V) *facepalms* that's where the line is drawn for me. Its what made me hate the show coupled with rape and too much violence. 

Dont care if everyone watches it, I myself will never watch it. Period. Even if the plot is pretty good, its not enough to convince me otherwise.

sorry to those who really love the show. But just my humble opinion. :3

The show isn't based on the politically correct modern society we live in, and you can't expect it to run like one. These things happened back then in the medieval and dark ages, and indeed still do to some extend; it only adds to the realism of the show. It might sometimes be a bit exaggerated? I don't know, but if you watch Game of Thrones for the nudity, you're a fool. You've got the whole internet for that kind of stuff.

You know marriages between cousins was a thing back then, as well as similar close-relative marriages, and sibling-relationships was commonplace in at least greek mythologies (just learned about it this week lol, a bunch of gods/titans married their sisters, just like the Targaryens), and no doubt in some societies as well (don't quote me on it).

Anyway, to leave these things out for the sake of a few sensitive souls such as yourself is silly, and it makes for a boring story. We want to watch something that's different from what we know and are used to, and it being historically accurate is a much-needed addition to shows these days. Then there is the fact that you focus only on these few aspects of the series, when in fact there is so much more to it! The different characters, factions, the relations between these and the intrigue and plotting all add together to make one hell of a story/world! The fact that there are dragons, 'zombies' and magical gods, what have you! Come on, don't tell me you wouldn't enjoy it? Best of all, everything feels real, like it could've happened in the real life if our world worked a bit differently.

So yes, it's silly you feel that way about GoT. I'm going to pull the old card of "but you're okay with gory stuff?!" (I know you're probably not alright with that, but take 'you' in the more general form), because frankly, how is that more acceptable than nudity and sex? To put it simply: it's not. They're both realities of life, so why be the fool who hides it away? That's a thing we're good at here in Scandinavia; we don't hide away these sensitive topics for the sake of sparing some innocent eyes and ears, but rather we 'embrace' (for the lack of a better word) it to inform people of the realities of life that is sex, nudity, even rape and gore. It's not that we approve it, or encourage it, but what better way to prevent horrible things from happening than educate people in it? If we stay ignorant, how will we know how to act in these situations?

There is just so much more to it than you think.

Just take Lord of the Rings, for example. That's a nice and cozy family film, right? No nudity, no sex. It's all good, yeah? Except thousands upon thousands of people are killed throughout the movies/books, the Shire is being seized and enslaved (only in the books). The Game of Thrones is similar, only it's on a much more personal and realistic level in the way it's being conveyed, not betraying the fact that these are people too.

• Upvote 3

@M.K. I don’t think it’s fair to dismiss a show solely based on the fact that it incorporates explicit content (or even go so far as to say that you “hate” it), especially when you haven’t even given it a chance.

It’s a shame you generate this much animosity towards nudity and violence, because there are a ton of thought-provoking films and shows out there you’d be missing out on if you continue judging them through the same lens. 

--

OMM: microaggressions :^)

I actually feel kinda bad for the presenters because this term is turning into a running gag. The seminar was just really hard to take seriously, hahahah.

OMM2: I’m really itchy :<

On 21/8/2016 at 8:59 PM, M.K. said:

On My Mind: So, I was just watching an interview done with our president (the Philippines). The Interviewer asked about when will the massive swell in extra-judicial criminal killings that happened in the fast few weeks when our new president sat down, will stop. (The Interviewer was an American, btw). Basically, our President just replied that it won't stop cause it was what he promised to do on his platform. But the Interviewer kept on circling the question around and our President just got pissed off, he started talking about how it's so unfair that the U.N./the west is threatening him that if he don't stop with the killings of the Criminals (Heinious crime committers), they might do something coz it doesn't align with the 'international' law, yet on the otherhand, they seem to not be doing much anything about the terrorism that is happening right now.  (He also talked about some killings in US too.)

It really made me smile and made me affirm my choice of me wanting him as the president coz he's really on point with it. It also pisses me off that not much seems to bat that much eye when innocent people gets killed yet when someone kills a criminal extra-judicially (albeit out of self defense and the criminal evading arrest), the Human Rights Activists loses their minds. It also really really pisses me off that the big countries, who have like really high-tech arsenal of weapons compared to the terrorists, doesn't seem want to get involved too much in the war with the terrorists. IMO, alot of our world leaders are a bunch of wusses. They can't make the 'impossible' choices and they make up some sort of reason for not doing so but truth is, they're just really scared of the critics and the media pressure mounted on them who tells them to do otherwise.

And what pisses me off to the highest extent is how wrong most people's thinking has become. Alot of people would normally be against executions even if the crime committed is heinious yet the killing of an unborn innocent child should be allowed for purely selfish intent. (Having unprotected youknowwhat without consequences :V). Just WTF. (Just wanna clear out that, I support abortion on some occasions like when childbirth would be a life threatening situation or when the resulting child is caused by rape altho, in the latter's case, it's better just to send off the child on orphanage.)

Sometimes, I really just want to be abducted by an alien coz...

3cd8a33a.png

Sometimes... just really sometimes... The more you know the more faith you lose in humanity and the more depressed you get.

Once you do something, you cant bring back what's done and gone.

Not all presidents are scared by media and critics. Some of them even able to made critics and media shut up. I don't like HRW by the way and I favored capital punishments for drugs, terrorism and planned murder. Religion and Human Rights cannot save someone from capital punishment if he/she is guilty.

Drug cartels and terrorists may have high-tech arsenal too.

On 8/26/2016 at 10:33 AM, Kid the Phantom Thief said:

Trust me, I really want to start watching it but I just don't know how to start getting into it... I finished the first season in mid 2015 but never watched anything more. My brother convinced me to start over about two months ago so I rewatched the first two episodes and ended up drifting away again. I watched the two in one sitting and told myself I would continue later but never did. I think I'm going to have to dedicate a whole day just to watch as many episodes as I can to really get myself started.

On 27/8/2016 at 9:35 PM, Raki said:

Trust me, I really want to start watching it but I just don't know how to start getting into it... I finished the first season in mid 2015 but never watched anything more. My brother convinced me to start over about two months ago so I rewatched the first two episodes and ended up drifting away again. I watched the two in one sitting and told myself I would continue later but never did. I think I'm going to have to dedicate a whole day just to watch as many episodes as I can to really get myself started.

What about the show makes you lose interest? Is it boring? Too explicit? Are you unable to relate to the characters? What if you instead watch the show with your brother, then discuss the episodes afterwards to get a better understanding or feel of the show, its world and characters, etc.? By the way, I apologise for all the questions I'm throwing at you, haha.

30 minutes ago, Kid the Phantom Thief said:

What about the show makes you lose interest? Is it boring? Too explicit? Are you unable to relate to the characters? What if you instead watch the show with your brother, then discuss the episodes afterwards to get a better understanding or feel of the show, its world and characters, etc.? By the way, I apologise for all the questions I'm throwing at you, haha.

I think its because there's just a lot going on.....? I honestly don't really know. When I rewatched it I did so with my brother but after a few episodes he told me to finish watching alone and I never got around to it. I think I'm going to watch a few episodes today, we'll see how it goes. Maybe I should watch the episode and read the wiki article for it.

I don't mind the questions lol

-

OMM: I have to pick up my class schedule in a few days and school starts a week later....save me pls 

On 8/27/2016 at 5:16 AM, Kid the Phantom Thief said:

The show isn't based on the politically correct modern society we live in, and you can't expect it to run like one. These things happened back then in the medieval and dark ages, and indeed still do to some extend; it only adds to the realism of the show. It might sometimes be a bit exaggerated? I don't know, but if you watch Game of Thrones for the nudity, you're a fool. You've got the whole internet for that kind of stuff.

You know marriages between cousins was a thing back then, as well as similar close-relative marriages, and sibling-relationships was commonplace in at least greek mythologies (just learned about it this week lol, a bunch of gods/titans married their sisters, just like the Targaryens), and no doubt in some societies as well (don't quote me on it).

Anyway, to leave these things out for the sake of a few sensitive souls such as yourself is silly, and it makes for a boring story. We want to watch something that's different from what we know and are used to, and it being historically accurate is a much-needed addition to shows these days. Then there is the fact that you focus only on these few aspects of the series, when in fact there is so much more to it! The different characters, factions, the relations between these and the intrigue and plotting all add together to make one hell of a story/world! The fact that there are dragons, 'zombies' and magical gods, what have you! Come on, don't tell me you wouldn't enjoy it? Best of all, everything feels real, like it could've happened in the real life if our world worked a bit differently.

So yes, it's silly you feel that way about GoT. I'm going to pull the old card of "but you're okay with gory stuff?!" (I know you're probably not alright with that, but take 'you' in the more general form), because frankly, how is that more acceptable than nudity and sex? To put it simply: it's not. They're both realities of life, so why be the fool who hides it away? That's a thing we're good at here in Scandinavia; we don't hide away these sensitive topics for the sake of sparing some innocent eyes and ears, but rather we 'embrace' (for the lack of a better word) it to inform people of the realities of life that is sex, nudity, even rape and gore. It's not that we approve it, or encourage it, but what better way to prevent horrible things from happening than educate people in it? If we stay ignorant, how will we know how to act in these situations?

There is just so much more to it than you think.

Just take Lord of the Rings, for example. That's a nice and cozy family film, right? No nudity, no sex. It's all good, yeah? Except thousands upon thousands of people are killed throughout the movies/books, the Shire is being seized and enslaved (only in the books). The Game of Thrones is similar, only it's on a much more personal and realistic level in the way it's being conveyed, not betraying the fact that these are people too..

May the Gods, both old and new bless you with many heirs that will bring glory to your house.

On my mind : Naruto anime is gonna end on 8th September. I dont know what to feel :(