Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

What's on Your Mind?

12 hours ago, Raki said:

On My Mind: The Suicide Squad reviews suck but I'm still very determined to watch it in theaters as soon as I return from my trip

i just want to have silly fun action with them, not depth or politics

tho i did disagreed with a lot of RT reviews this year,  i watch what i want and if i like it that is great

if others don't like it, thats a shame cause it aint cheep

20 hours ago, Raki said:

On My Mind: The Suicide Squad reviews suck but I'm still very determined to watch it in theaters as soon as I return from my trip

8 hours ago, Neo Balthazar said:

i just want to have silly fun action with them, not depth or politics

tho i did disagreed with a lot of RT reviews this year,  i watch what i want and if i like it that is great

if others don't like it, thats a shame cause it aint cheep

Yeah agree here. Reviewers are still human so they form their opinion based on their own mindset. 

I had a handful of movies that I loved that are awful in reviews and vice versa.

===

On My Mind: I feel bad for Markiplier. His so called "friends" (Matt and Ryan) seems to have left him completely like after their own channels got a subscriber boost from collabing with him (since he's wat bigger than them)

8 minutes ago, .MK. said:

Yeah agree here. Reviewers are still human so they form their opinion based on their own mindset. 

I had a handful of movies that I loved that are awful in reviews and vice versa.

Here is something strange from critics. Braveheart had like a 78%RT and 68% meta with an avg.score of 7.2.

To me braveheart is one of the all time greats, it has everything in it. It got 5 oscars out of 10 noms ( to be honest, i dont care for the oscars i think they are the same as reviewers who judge these films. Saying that this movie is the best of this year is stupid. Like how can you tell. But most folks care so its great marketing for whatever movie lands a spot there. ). A lot of films were not praised high but in later years ended up being all time favorites. Like seriously, if you watched indiana jones and the KOTCS, how can tgey give it positive reviews. The first 3 are great. 

The other day i was watching foxcatcher, higly praised, indi film. I dont dislike indi films, i think they are great. But this one was such a snooz fest to me. But the actors gave great performances. You couldnt tell it was them.

Im going to watch it on friday. 

Makes me wonder what wonder women will be like. I would love to see her take on the world already

so I went to the zoo with a friend a few days ago and basically everyone was on their phones playing Pokemon Go (friend and I included, of course)
people of all ages; from kids to adults you never would've guessed
strangers collaborating and congregating near Pokestops and Lures even though it was raining half the time
dozens of people wearing shirts with team insignias
and I just
it was beautiful

I also ran into a few other friends (who were also playing Pokemon Go)
wow, it’s a small world, isn’t it, ahah.

my mom also asked me about the game not too long ago
she, of all people
my parents are the last people I’d think would be interested in this kinda stuff

Pokemon Go is making ripples
this is honestly remarkable

• Upvote 1

On 3/8/2016 at 1:13 AM, .MK. said:

The reboot is on the 9th season (?) right now. As for the number of doctors, if you're asking about all the doctor incarnations since the original show, there's 12 (last 4 of them in the reboot; Peter Capaldi being the current 12th doctor)

I see. Why didn't you continue it? And yeah, I know. The movies are still on another level of course.

===

On My Mind: I'm still clueless... *sigh*

It's an old series, then.

It seemed a bit weird, I guess? Not bad, just strange. I don't know.

OMM1: Pokemon Go is finally out in South America!  Just in time for the Olympics!  Forget about Zika, I'm just looking forward to the spike in cellphone muggings.

Great-Detective-Pikachu_01-29-16_002.jpg

OMM2: Why is Argentina's government so much cooler than the United States's?

OMM3: Just four more chapters and the endgame, and I'll finally be done with Conquest Lunatic.

Almost-There.jpg

OMM 1: I've felt like a stereotypical teenager a lot these past few days and it's simultaneously refreshing and mildly distressing tumblr_m42qwlOnrQ1r58lid.gif

OMM 2: Well it appears I'm back in the market for a new laptop. Arguable worst part is that the laptop that died on me is the one my parents just got me two summers ago. It was refurbished, so it was a few years old when I got it, and while it did come with some problems, it worked pretty alright. Fortunately though, I thought to bring my older laptop back with me to Ohio too, because my google account's on both computers, most of my tabs have been saved, and I copied most of files on to my portable hard drive maybe 2 months ago, so I won't lose much, but this is incredibly inconveniencingtumblr_m42quperIZ1r58lid.jpg 

22 hours ago, Kenzi said:

so I went to the zoo with a friend a few days ago and basically everyone was on their phones playing Pokemon Go (friend and I included, of course)
people of all ages; from kids to adults you never would've guessed
strangers collaborating and congregating near Pokestops and Lures even though it was raining half the time
dozens of people wearing shirts with team insignias
and I just
it was beautiful

I also ran into a few other friends (who were also playing Pokemon Go)
wow, it’s a small world, isn’t it, ahah.

my mom also asked me about the game not too long ago
she, of all people
my parents are the last people I’d think would be interested in this kinda stuff

Pokemon Go is making ripples
this is honestly remarkable

I agree! Though a lot of people have been complaining about Niantic and the recent update a lot, the app's accomplished quite a bit in its short lifespan. It's garnered worldwide attention, broke some records, and is getting large amounts of people to go outside and explore their local communities. The park near my friend's house used to rarely have more than 15 people there at a time, but when we went on Sunday, there were easily over 100 people there, and on Wednesday evening, there were at least 70 people just hanging around, hoping one of the lures would attract something neat. We ran into a few of our old classmates who we haven't seen in 4+ years while there too.
No one would've imagined this a year ago. It's actually a bit sad knowing that the hype will probably die down soon, and the large crowds will dwindle as the new school year kicks into gear. For the time being though, it's a weird/unique feeling being a part of a fad this large.

On 8/1/2016 at 0:31 PM, Kid the Phantom Thief said:

Been with my friends as well. Went with my family to our summer cottage for a week. Currently home, just enjoying my free time. (:

I have three eggs that need 5 km and one with 2 km. I already hatched an egg with 10 km and got Eevee (so now I have four Eevees), and I hatched another with 5 km, giving me a Tangela. I am currently level 6, and progressing further is getting very slow. I hope that as school starts in a week, I'll get more chances at catching Pokémon because I'll be visiting the city far more often.

It's true that Team Mystic would be a better fit, but I've always liked the colour red so I went with Valor, and I assumed most people would join Team Mystic anyway. I considered Team Instinct for the extra challenge of being part of the smallest team, but.. yeah.

That sounds really nice! It's good to hear that you've been enjoying yourself lately too! I'm a bit jealous your family has a summer cottage though haha

Did you manage to hatch any of those eggs? You've gotten some pretty good hatches so far, so hopefully your luck will continue. Do you know which eeveelution you want to get first? Or will you just leave that up to chance?
You'll probably get a bunch of exp when school starts for you though. Cities tend to have a ton of pokestops/gyms (almost an overwhelming amount of them to be honest), and once you start regularly evolving pokemon up, you'll gain a few levels. Hopefully your school's campus will have a pokestop or two so you'll be able to reap the benefits of having one nearby too. And are you more interested in filling out your pokedex or battling gyms? 

That's understandable. Despite Valor's reputation, it's a nice medium between Mystic and Instinct in terms of how likely you are to find fellow team members/friendly gyms. 

OMM1: everyone's talking about pokemon go now... merchandising flying off shelves and all sorts of business ventures involving pokemon go has been picking up... but where is pokemon go in my country? DX Niantic... DX by the time I see release, I'm probably spending time on sun/moon instead...

OMM2: Gonna watch Train to Busan later... hope it's good. 

8 hours ago, Kaitou Kid Legendary Thief said:

OMM1: everyone's talking about pokemon go now... merchandising flying off shelves and all sorts of business ventures involving pokemon go has been picking up... but where is pokemon go in my country? DX Niantic... DX by the time I see release, I'm probably spending time on sun/moon instead...

Haha omg it's the opposite for me. Every single one of my friends is playing but my phone doesn't have enough space to download it lol 

24 minutes ago, Kaitou Kid Legendary Thief said:

That sucks. Maybe get more space with sim card? 

Yeah that's what I was thinking. But by the time I probably get one no one will be playing anymore ;-;

12 hours ago, machine said:

That sounds really nice! It's good to hear that you've been enjoying yourself lately too! I'm a bit jealous your family has a summer cottage though haha

Did you manage to hatch any of those eggs? You've gotten some pretty good hatches so far, so hopefully your luck will continue. Do you know which eeveelution you want to get first? Or will you just leave that up to chance?
You'll probably get a bunch of exp when school starts for you though. Cities tend to have a ton of pokestops/gyms (almost an overwhelming amount of them to be honest), and once you start regularly evolving pokemon up, you'll gain a few levels. Hopefully your school's campus will have a pokestop or two so you'll be able to reap the benefits of having one nearby too. And are you more interested in filling out your pokedex or battling gyms? 

That's understandable. Despite Valor's reputation, it's a nice medium between Mystic and Instinct in terms of how likely you are to find fellow team members/friendly gyms. 

Yeah, it's nice and cosy! The surrounding area would've been perfect to catch Pokémon in, if it weren't because they're all concentrated in the cities.

Besides the two I mentioned? No, though I might just have to take a walk today or tomorrow to hatch some more. I don't know which Eeveelution I will have first. I don't even know how I choose, as I haven't evolved a single Pokémon yet. D:
I guess I am most interested in filling out my Pokédex, but once I get stronger Pokémon battling would be nice too. So? As I'm still just level 6, should I wait until I have more stardust and candy to evolve my Pokémon? When would be the best time to improve them? How about you? What are your goals?

Is it difficult for you, being part of team Instinct? What level are you currently in? Which is your strongest Pokémon? (:

2 hours ago, Kaitou Kid Legendary Thief said:

Doubt it. It's a long term game xD prob at least a few months? At least until the world release is overy I guess xD

Hopefully! What team you gonna be on though? : )

1 hour ago, Kaitou Kid Legendary Thief said:

Yellow =X 

Love Spark. Awesome and cute xD

Nooooo tbh team blueeee

I just like the concept of being cool and collected and calculating.

More of strategy and planning.

Also blue is my favorite color so XD

OMM: Just finished Conquest Lunatic a few minutes ago, and I just...

465458-screenshot785.jpg

That was by far the hardest non action/reaction-based video game I have ever played, hands down.  That was so mentally draining, I'm surprised I managed to even beat it at all.  It doesn't help that I made some of the biggest blunders at some of the most critical moments, which nearly destroyed my motivation to complete it.  My brain is so saturated with Fire Emblem right now, I almost don't even want to play Revelation on Lunatic......... ... ... . . . almost.

OMM: I'm in Bolivia and since Pokemon Go just came out here everyone is asking me about what it's like in the States :S

Some of my cousins have been playing for 4 days and are on level 15 meanwhile I've been playing for almost a month and I'm barely on level 12 T-T (then again I haven't been playing much these days lol)

The common Pokemon here are way different, though. You find Rhydons, Machomps, and Ponytas everywhere. I've never found any of those where I live...

OMM 1: ..I think I like musicals. 

OMM 2: I feel like one of the only people who cares about the equestrian portions of the Olympics. I was watching a recording of the dressage event from earlier today, and the stadium was depressingly empty tumblr_m42quperIZ1r58lid.jpg

On 8/6/2016 at 0:31 AM, Kaitou Kid Legendary Thief said:

Yellow =X 

Love Spark. Awesome and cute xD

Hooray! Another Instinct member! :D

On 8/5/2016 at 3:14 PM, Kid the Phantom Thief said:

Yeah, it's nice and cosy! The surrounding area would've been perfect to catch Pokémon in, if it weren't because they're all concentrated in the cities.

Besides the two I mentioned? No, though I might just have to take a walk today or tomorrow to hatch some more. I don't know which Eeveelution I will have first. I don't even know how I choose, as I haven't evolved a single Pokémon yet. D:
I guess I am most interested in filling out my Pokédex, but once I get stronger Pokémon battling would be nice too. So? As I'm still just level 6, should I wait until I have more stardust and candy to evolve my Pokémon? When would be the best time to improve them? How about you? What are your goals?

Is it difficult for you, being part of team Instinct? What level are you currently in? Which is your strongest Pokémon? (:

It is rather disappointing that pokemon can't really be found in wooded areas. Even if it was mostly common pokemon, it'd be a nice touch if forests and hiking paths had a bunch of bug types and pokemon that are clearly inspired by birds. 

I see; tell me when you get around to hatching them then!
With the eeveelutions, if you want a certain type, you can nickname the eevee (spoilers maybe...?) either Rainer, Sparky, or Pyro to get vaporeon, jolteon, or flareon respectively. If you name it something else or leave the name as is, the evolution will be random. I think you can only use the name trick once per name, so it might be worth saving up until you can capture really high CP eevees. If you have a preference for one type over the others though, it's a nice way to ensure you'll be happy with the outcome at least once. 
Evolving pokemon is a good way to get exp though. You get 500 exp for every pokemon you evolve, and you get an additional 500 exp if the evolution is a pokemon you don't already have. You might want to hold off on evolving any pokemon you have though until you can get a lucky egg. Lucky eggs, when activated, double any exp you earn for 30min iirc, so you could probably level up a few times at once that way if you wanted. You'll get one when you reach level 9. 

As for battling gyms, and powering up pokemon via stardust, I'm not really sure what the best way to go about doing that is. If you plan on taking on gyms, it might be more worthwhile to hold off on evolving strong pokemon, and powering them until you're a higher level. If there are any Valor gyms near you, you could train there in the meantime though. 

I wouldn't say it's difficult being a part of Instinct. I'm not all that interested in battling gyms, but I like knowing that if I change my mind on that, I'll probably have an easy time finding a Valor or Mystic gym to go after. Being a part of the smallest team also makes it feel kinda cool whenever you do come across a friendly gym since Instinct gyms are fairly uncommon. I'm level 11 at the moment though, my strongest pokemon is a CP589 Flareon, and my pokedex is at 52 different species seen/caught. What about you? It's been about a week (sorry about that btw), have you made any more progress?

Also, how do you like the most recent update? I'm glad tracking got fixed and re-implemented, and, though it could be purely coincidental, I feel like pokemon aren't running away as much as they used to, nor are they jumping out of pokeballs as much as they did a couple days ago. The new nearby feature people in San Francisco are testing out looks cool too. I'm really happy about the addition of more trainer customization options as well.