Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

What's on Your Mind?

6 hours ago, Aadikudo said:

Lucky enough you get them atleast.. xD xP

Haha... I guess. But actually I personally think love letters should be only for lovers. We should not write confession letters. If you want to confess your love, you should say it face-to-face :)

OMM: I feel like being the second mother why nagging at my little bro -.-"

OMM: This is horrific... I've been following the mass shooting in Orlando since about 4am, and for the next few hours, the estimated death count remained at ~20. Went to the store for an hour, and got home around 11:30am only to find out the death count had jumped up to 50, and it's too early to say that number won't go up again. Though there's no confirmed motive yet, at least not as far as I know, the shooting occurred at a gay nightclub, and it's Pride month..... It's so hard to believe that this time last year we were unknowingly days away from same sex marriage getting legalized in the US. I hope everyone who was personally affected by this will be able to recover

OMM: Just finished playing Majora's Mask 3D in time for Nintendo's Zelda Wii U/NX focused E3 presentation on Tuesday.  Time to get hype!

(would have liked a C'mon 'n Ride It mashup, but this will have to do for now)

23 hours ago, machine said:

OMM: This is horrific... I've been following the mass shooting in Orlando since about 4am, and for the next few hours, the estimated death count remained at ~20. Went to the store for an hour, and got home around 11:30am only to find out the death count had jumped up to 50, and it's too early to say that number won't go up again. Though there's no confirmed motive yet, at least not as far as I know, the shooting occurred at a gay nightclub, and it's Pride month..... It's so hard to believe that this time last year we were unknowingly days away from same sex marriage getting legalized in the US. I hope everyone who was personally affected by this will be able to recover

I woke up to that news, and couldn't believe what I had heard. Not to mention the guy who was heading to pride parade with explosives in LA. Just madness. 

On 10 June 2016 at 0:17 PM, Aadikudo said:

Lucky enough you get them atleast.. xD xP

Uhmm... You really won't normally receive these stuffs coz you are a guy :P 

On My Mind: I hope you guys never go through the pain of getting your wisdom tooth extracted

28 minutes ago, .MK. said:

D: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...! 

Iwon't receive a love letter... Ever..? (╥﹏╥)

On 6/8/2016 at 9:36 PM, Nara-chan said:

OMM: My God, I'm obsessed with Yandere Sim now.

maxresdefault.jpg

That game is basically the "Notice me Senpai" simulator :P

2 hours ago, Aadikudo said:

D: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...! 

Iwon't receive a love letter... Ever..? (╥﹏╥)

*sends love letter*

Happy now? :P

OMM 1: ohhh my god the NieR: Automata trailer makes me feel so many things. On the one hand, it looks like something I'd love, and, assuming the reviews won't be horrible, would buy on release day if I had a ps4. But on the other hand, I'm perfectly content with my ps3 in every single way, and want it to be my main console for another 3 years at the very least. But ohmgody the main enemies are sentient(?) machines and the character models for the protagonists look really nice and the boss they showed-- tumblr_m42quycKpl1r58lid.gif

OMM 2: I got Ocarina of Time for my birthday, and I haven't the slightest clue as to what I'm supposed to be doing half the time, but the music's so pleasant and delightful it's hard to get frustrated at my incompetence and unfamiliarity with how LoZ gameplay's supposed to work. tumblr_m42rkciWcq1r58lid.png And even though I don't have all the songs yet, Minuet of Forest's probably gonna be my favorite 

On 6/14/2016 at 0:32 AM, .MK. said:

On My Mind: I hope you guys never go through the pain of getting your wisdom tooth extracted

...why? did something happen? 

On 6/13/2016 at 1:24 PM, Ryo said:

I woke up to that news, and couldn't believe what I had heard. Not to mention the guy who was heading to pride parade with explosives in LA. Just madness. 

I heard about that. The guy arrested in California has had other run ins with the law here in Indiana, and it sounds like he is/was a ticking a time bomb. Hopefully now that he's in police custody he'll be dealt with properly. Even though we don't know his exact intentions, it's gut-wrenching to think about what could have happened had he not been arrested.

4 hours ago, machine said:

...why? did something happen?

Well nothing to be exact since the tooth that got extracted from mine was the Molar tooth (it was really hurting which is prob because of the impacted wisdom tooth), but I heard that the Wisdom tooth for most cases, gets impacted and you have to get it removed and getting it removed normally requires an actual surgery which is quite a pain and even after the surgery, you might have to deal with a really excruciating pain for awhile and eating is gonna be hard. So I just hope it doesnt happen to anyone of us here. I here just decided to get my molar tooth removed , since it was also rotting anyways, to make way for my wisdom tooth.

On My Mind: Can't wait for Outlast 2 and Resident Evil 7 and be played by youtubers coz I'm a wuss when it comes to playing Horror games on my own sitting alone in my room but I really love the Horror genre of Movies and Games.

whoops, late reply is late

sorry about that; I've been pretty busy these past few weeks

On 6/5/2016 at 7:23 AM, .MK. said:

Meh, I think it would reduce the flaming. People might stop spamming the freaking comment system with their "I disagree coz blah blah" (and plus those people who disagree would not get flamed too) since they have the choice to just silently dislike the content if they don't like it.

I actually completely disagree with this. Facilitating discussion in the comments is what promotes different viewpoints and constructive criticism. Of course, you don't have to agree with those viewpoints, but it helps to break down the false consensus effect. Also, the dislike button is subject to troll abuse. You see those videos on YouTube with thousands of likes but just a couple of dislikes? Wouldn't it be helpful if those dislikers also commented on why they disliked the video rather than only passive-aggressively pushing a dislike button to express discontent?

Also, I'm pretty sure the like/dislike system in youtube is used to gauge the amount of people who likes or dislikes the actual content or quality in/of the video, the youtuber and whatever. It's not just solely about the quality of the video.

I thought this was implied. I only mentioned that to discredit any counterargument since it doesn't really add anything else to the discussion.

And yeah, Facebook isn't a platform for videos. But I'm talking about those pages who promote opinions and ideas and you want to disagree with but you don't want to comment on. I would always see a post on Facebook that I eagerly want to dislike but I don't want to comment on (I'm more like the person in Facebook who just likes posts but never comments) there's no button for it so I'm just left to ignore it.

I was referring to the personal aspect of Facebook rather than the public pages, but again, the angry-face reaction button is there for a reason. It doesn't have the same connotation as a dislike button, but it still has the same functionality. It's just a more constructive version of the dislike button. Worst comes to worst, if you're too lazy to comment on something yourself, just "like" comments that oppose OP to express mutual disagreement or use the reaction button.

Plus, it'll be a great way to tell some people in that social media that are already big headed/narcisstic because of the amounts of like that they get that there are also people who dislikes or disagrees with them/their content. Thus, it might end up humbling them down. (Also, great way to train those people who are too sensitive of criticism. :P)

"You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches." You could have a following of one million people, but you can't expect to meet every single one of these people's needs, now can you? The bigger you are, the easier it is to come to this realization. You don't need a dislike count to tell you that. And constantly having someone (narcissist or not) getting bombarded by dislikes would only desensitize them. Take YouTubers who persistently crank out videos with an abnormally large dislike ratio, for example. Now why do you think those YouTubers only continue to post videos of comparable quality despite the amount of hate they receive? If anything, this is the complete opposite of "humbling them down" since these people only revel in the attention they receive, regardless of whether it's positive or negative.

I know that the angry reaction button (which is more like the toned down version of dislike) exists but it's something that isn't widely used which I think is because it is unlike the like button where it's out there and visible and easy to click. Probably, they should put a place holder button beside the like button which would be whatever reaction button you set it to be so you can fast pace click it. (Also, do you also notice that some posts don't have the reaction thingy? I mean you can only like them?)

Oh, and the angry-face reaction button isn't hard to access at all. Just hover your mouse over the Like button until you see a string of reaction faces pop up. I'm fairly confident that this is universal to all Facebook posts. 

On 6/14/2016 at 0:32 AM, .MK. said:

._.

I was actually planning to pull out my wisdom teeth out this summer

rip my life

--

OMM: TIL how cutthroat our student body can be, damn

On 6/15/2016 at 7:37 PM, machine said:

OMM 2: I got Ocarina of Time for my birthday, and I haven't the slightest clue as to what I'm supposed to be doing half the time, but the music's so pleasant and delightful it's hard to get frustrated at my incompetence and unfamiliarity with how LoZ gameplay's supposed to work. tumblr_m42rkciWcq1r58lid.png And even though I don't have all the songs yet, Minuet of Forest's probably gonna be my favorite 

If you've already gotten Minuet of Forest, then you're actually pretty far into the game!  It's good to see that you're enjoying it so far; let me know what you think of it once you beat it!

7 hours ago, Kenzi said:

._.

I was actually planning to pull out my wisdom teeth out this summer

rip my life

If you're going to get all four of them removed and they're all impacted, it's going to be quite an ordeal.  It's what I went through earlier this summer break, and I was incapacitated for about two weeks.  Make sure you give yourself at least that much time to recover (no traveling or big public appearances, since your face will likely be swollen), and be sure to stock up on soft foods like yogurt and creamy soup, since it will be extremely difficult to eat solids during that time unless you find a way to efficiently chew with your front teeth.  The good thing is, you can use your recovery period as an excuse to binge on anime and video games, huehuehue.  I don't want to scare you or anything, because it really isn't too bad, but it's also an experience I would not want to relive.

--

OMM: This year's E3 was fantastic!  I don't usually follow any company's announcements aside from Nintendo's, but Sony, Microsoft, and the rest of the gang all had really interesting things to show.  Battlefield 1, Detroit Become Human, We Happy Few, Resident Evil 7, and Death Stranding all seem like cool games, and the Kingsglaive movie looks better than ever.  With Microsoft's Project Scorpio's crazy specs and the inevitable future reveal of Sony's PS4 Neo and Nintendo's NX, the next gen console wars look like they'll be starting soon as well.

Of course, what I'm still most excited about is The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.  It's a massive sandbox-esque open world game, a first for the series, and seems to incorporate a lot of similar features from other games like Skyrim and Dark Souls.  It was good that Nintendo announced E3 would focus almost exclusively on this game in advance, so as to prevent us from overhyping this year's presentation and receiving bad press like last time.  As a result, the praise and love this game has received is staggering, and I cannot wait to play it.

Oh yes, and there was that new Pokemon that looks like Trump.

Ck7M9TwWsAAjUHN.png

Dank memes outta 10, best E3 ever.

13 hours ago, Kenzi said:

I actually completely disagree with this. Facilitating discussion in the comments is what promotes different viewpoints and constructive criticism. Of course, you don't have to agree with those viewpoints, but it helps to break down the false consensus effect. Also, the dislike button is subject to troll abuse. You see those videos on YouTube with thousands of likes but just a couple of dislikes? Wouldn't it be helpful if those dislikers also commented on why they disliked the video rather than only passive-aggressively pushing a dislike button to express discontent?

I don't mind the Discussion thingy in the Comment System of whatever. I was talking about those people who just flames other people instead of actually providing a real criticism to the person. And yeah, I know about those trolls who dislikes a video for no reason at all but every system has its own flaw like just as I was saying, the Comment System can also become a harbor for trolls. But just to me, adding a system where people could dislike the content allows not just those content owner to gauge how many people dislikes their content but also, allows those newsfeed scrollers who don't have time to comment (and/or argue) to just dislike the content. I mean before there was this reaction buttons the only way for people to express their disagreement is by commenting that they dislike/disagree with the content (which you cannot count) and you know that some trolls will try to evoke argument with random people, even if the random people only wrote a simple "I disagree with your content".

But anyways, the Reaction system was added. I still personally prefer having a dislike button over the angry face button coz I just like being more "blunt" and the angry face button, to me, always felt like a watered-down version of the Dislike button.

I was referring to the personal aspect of Facebook rather than the public pages, but again, the angry-face reaction button is there for a reason. It doesn't have the same connotation as a dislike button, but it still has the same functionality. It's just a more constructive version of the dislike button. Worst comes to worst, if you're too lazy to comment on something yourself, just "like" comments that oppose OP to express mutual disagreement or use the reaction button.

I just have this itch to show my agreement or disagreement with people. :P There are times where I don't feel like looking at the Comments so just to me, pressing a button on the actual post is much more preferable.

"You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches." You could have a following of one million people, but you can't expect to meet every single one of these people's needs, now can you? The bigger you are, the easier it is to come to this realization. You don't need a dislike count to tell you that. And constantly having someone (narcissist or not) getting bombarded by dislikes would only desensitize them. Take YouTubers who persistently crank out videos with an abnormally large dislike ratio, for example. Now why do you think those YouTubers only continue to post videos of comparable quality despite the amount of hate they receive? If anything, this is the complete opposite of "humbling them down" since these people only revel in the attention they receive, regardless of whether it's positive or negative.

I know that you would always have a hater no matter what you do (especially if you are famous) :P

And yeah, alot of people would probably not get desensitized but I mean not all of them are completely insensitive to Criticism.

Btw, those "narcissistic people" who I am talking about are those people who like posts a lot of selfies  (esp. revealing ones) of themselves and writes "I'm sexy as hell" or some unrelated quote that garners helluva likes (basically attention seeking) and I don't wanna be a Sexist here but it's mostly girls who does this. My problem is I just can't comment down there that "Oh you're just being an attention w**** (seeker)" coz I would definitely get flamed by the minion likers that the person has so I would just prefer to dislike the content (anonymously, if possible) in hopes that the person might get humbled down and realize that she/he ain't that awesome as he/she think he/she is. But again, as you said, it could go the otherway and the person might " revel in the attention they receive".

Just sad to see that Facebook has become a place for attention seekering and showoffs..

Anyways, just my opinion too :3 If you really think the otherway, then, it can't really be argued since again, this is an Opinionated Debate.

Oh, and the angry-face reaction button isn't hard to access at all. Just hover your mouse over the Like button until you see a string of reaction faces pop up. I'm fairly confident that this is universal to all Facebook posts.

Eh. If there's me who think it's harder to access the reaction buttons than the Like button then I'm pretty sure that there are thousands of FB users out there who thinks the same way.

On the non-universality of the Reactions on Posts, I'm using Mobile btw to access my FB so it might be just the problem of Facebook Mobile. I swear I can't react to some posts.

12 hours ago, Neo Balthazar said:

Is MK against spaming

Thats ...odd

Never said that I was against Spamming :P

===
On My Mind #1:

Youtuber: "42 divided by 0 is zero right? Oh wait it's undefined"

*looks at Youtube Comments*

Person 1: "42 divided by 0 is zero, *inserts youtuber's name*. I'm pretty sure"

Person 2: "No, 42 divided 0 is undefined coz blah blah"

Person 3: "It's zero, You dumbass coz blah blah blah."

*facepalms*

On My Mind #2: Just heard my sis talking about Taylor Swift dating another guy. I'm not the one to care about celebs but the Saga about Taylor Swift's relationships is so fun to watch. 7 guys, none of them lasted a year. *eats popcorn* Will she realize that she is actually the problem? We will find out... in the next episode.

longform-original-17559-1410463894-23.jp

OMM: My parents bought a smart tv not too long after we moved into our new house, and until recently I had no problem with it, but these past two weeks I've accidentally hit the "connect to smart tv" button on my youtube app multiple times, and this time it happened while I was watching this vine and ohhh  noo
Until today it'd just been music, which I could easily pass off without much explanation, but one of these times it's gonna be something worse and why can't I disable this button tumblr_m42qykugn91r58lid.gif 

On 6/16/2016 at 0:22 AM, .MK. said:

Well nothing to be exact since the tooth that got extracted from mine was the Molar tooth (it was really hurting which is prob because of the impacted wisdom tooth), but I heard that the Wisdom tooth for most cases, gets impacted and you have to get it removed and getting it removed normally requires an actual surgery which is quite a pain and even after the surgery, you might have to deal with a really excruciating pain for awhile and eating is gonna be hard. So I just hope it doesnt happen to anyone of us here. I here just decided to get my molar tooth removed , since it was also rotting anyways, to make way for my wisdom tooth.

If I'm not mistaken, most people get some, if not all, of their wisdom teeth taken out at some point :/ At least how common of a procedure it is means the oral surgeon working on you will probably be pretty experienced though. 
I know I'll need mine out soon, and while I'm not particularly looking forward to it, I'm only really dreading it because I'm fairly certain I'll puke. I'm just worried I'll wake up with my mouth all swollen before I bite the bullet and go and get them taken out. 
Hopefully because you had one tooth removed, you won't need that wisdom tooth ever removed, even if the other ones start giving you problems!

21 hours ago, Akazora said:

If you've already gotten Minuet of Forest, then you're actually pretty far into the game!  It's good to see that you're enjoying it so far; let me know what you think of it once you beat it!

I'm in the Fire Temple currently. All I have left to do is fight the boss, but I want to see if I can get enough pieces for another heart and get more lon lon milk before doing that. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do once I've beat him though. I'm guessing the water temple's next, but I've heard people talk about an infamous water temple from the Zelda series, whether that was a general statement, or a reference to Ocarina of Time in particular, I don't know, but I'm hesitant to start it because of that. And if it's anything like the Jabu Jabu's belly, I'm gonna be really salty
And can do! Just a heads up that I don't finish 95% of the games I start though. I put Skyrim on hold for OoT, and I'm starting to get that itch back for being able to shoot random enemies and then just run away and go exploring for hours, so if I do finish it, it might not be for a whiletumblr_m42quperIZ1r58lid.jpg

On 14/06/2016 at 9:32 AM, .MK. said:

I had a root canal. Funn.

On 6/16/2016 at 10:39 PM, Akazora said:

If you're going to get all four of them removed and they're all impacted, it's going to be quite an ordeal.  It's what I went through earlier this summer break, and I was incapacitated for about two weeks.  Make sure you give yourself at least that much time to recover (no traveling or big public appearances, since your face will likely be swollen), and be sure to stock up on soft foods like yogurt and creamy soup, since it will be extremely difficult to eat solids during that time unless you find a way to efficiently chew with your front teeth.  The good thing is, you can use your recovery period as an excuse to binge on anime and video games, huehuehue.  I don't want to scare you or anything, because it really isn't too bad, but it's also an experience I would not want to relive.

...2 weeks...?

5M8ydTW.gif

loljk, still a little nervous though

I actually haven't scheduled anything since I have yet to receive a referral to an oral surgeon, but I still have every intention of getting them pulled out this summer. Thanks for the heads up, ahah.

On 6/16/2016 at 10:39 PM, Akazora said:

Oh yes, and there was that new Pokemon that looks like Trump.

Ck7M9TwWsAAjUHN.png

oh hm, I can see how the Pokemon on the right resembles Trump

but geezus, what on earth is that on the left :^)

On 6/17/2016 at 4:13 AM, .MK. said:

I don't mind the Discussion thingy in the Comment System of whatever. I was talking about those people who just flames other people instead of actually providing a real criticism to the person. And yeah, I know about those trolls who dislikes a video for no reason at all but every system has its own flaw like just as I was saying, the Comment System can also become a harbor for trolls. But just to me, adding a system where people could dislike the content allows not just those content owner to gauge how many people dislikes their content but also, allows those newsfeed scrollers who don't have time to comment (and/or argue) to just dislike the content. I mean before there was this reaction buttons the only way for people to express their disagreement is by commenting that they dislike/disagree with the content (which you cannot count) and you know that some trolls will try to evoke argument with random people, even if the random people only wrote a simple "I disagree with your content".

But anyways, the Reaction system was added. I still personally prefer having a dislike button over the angry face button coz I just like being more "blunt" and the angry face button, to me, always felt like a watered-down version of the Dislike button.

I don't know which part of Facebook you've been browsing because I haven't seen any pure flaming lately. And yes, every system has its flaws, but with comments, you can report those trolls or flag their comments. It's much harder to unearth the motive of someone who just dislikes a post for the sake of disliking.

Again, I would like to bring back the idea that adding a dislike button would only polarize the community. Yes, I know celebrities also use it, but they are the minority. Facebook still has more personal use than anything else, and the purpose of Facebook isn't to brew negativity in everyone's friend circles. Facebook isn't a platform with the purpose of gauging the quality of content either. A dislike on Facebook wouldn't be the same as a dislike on YouTube.

Here, let me put it this way:

Sites like YouTube and Reddit aren't intended for personal use or interaction with your immediate friends and family--they're entirely different platforms from Facebook. The dislike/downvote button serves as a repercussion for posting poor quality content. If you get flamed for putting yourself out there, well, the internet isn't always rainbows and sunshine. But at the same time, you're anonymous, so getting dislikes or downvotes isn't an attack against you personally. 

A dislike on Facebook though? There are just far too many ways to misinterpret a dislike on Facebook. A dislike button may be effective on other sites, but it just isn't constructive enough for a site as personal as Facebook (or even Twitter and Instagram).

I just have this itch to show my agreement or disagreement with people. :P There are times where I don't feel like looking at the Comments so just to me, pressing a button on the actual post is much more preferable.

The angry face reaction button is calling your name.

Btw, those "narcissistic people" who I am talking about are those people who like posts a lot of selfies  (esp. revealing ones) of themselves and writes "I'm sexy as hell" or some unrelated quote that garners helluva likes (basically attention seeking) and I don't wanna be a Sexist here but it's mostly girls who does this. My problem is I just can't comment down there that "Oh you're just being an attention w**** (seeker)" coz I would definitely get flamed by the minion likers that the person has so I would just prefer to dislike the content (anonymously, if possible) in hopes that the person might get humbled down and realize that she/he ain't that awesome as he/she think he/she is. But again, as you said, it could go the otherway and the person might " revel in the attention they receive".

I'm just going to diverge a bit here to address your complaints.

Firstly, I'm in no position to tell strangers how to live their lives. If they want to take their selfies with them to the grave, good for them. If they want to get wasted 24/7, great. I may not agree with them (I certainly won't be adopting these lifestyles), but if this is how they want to live their lives, then so be it. It's just not worth my time to get so engrossed in the lives of strangers I have absolutely no connection with.

That being said, vain people will be vain, and no dislike count will change that. Try not to be too bothered by these people because there's so much more in life than dwelling on or criticizing what strangers on social media are up to, haha.

BT442Xx.gif

Eh. If there's me who think it's harder to access the reaction buttons than the Like button then I'm pretty sure that there are thousands of FB users out there who thinks the same way.

On the non-universality of the Reactions on Posts, I'm using Mobile btw to access my FB so it might be just the problem of Facebook Mobile. I swear I can't react to some posts.

I didn't realize that hovering the mouse above the Like button was so strenuous, oh dear me

Don't worry, I'm kidding. I know what you mean. Anything that's not readily accessible can easily get overlooked, but again, if there's a post out there that really boils your blood, maybe you could pitch in just a little more effort (however miniscule it might be) to press that reaction button and make that difference you've been itching to make.

For mobile, just place your finger on the Like button for a second or two and wait for the string of reaction buttons to appear.

--

OMM: it's hot

the clamminess of your skin fills you with determination

latest?cb=20160125092850

OMM: It's finally the last day of school.... 

Planning on catching up with all the animes that I abandoned over the summer just because :)

16 minutes ago, Kjeldahl said:

I just saw Naruto The Last movie and I almost cried.

It was a pathetic movie but my boy Naruto growing up made me choke a little :''(

Lol, do you plan on watching the Boruto movie next?