Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

What's on Your Mind?

52 minutes ago, Kjeldahl said:

Facebook still sucks, I only use it to save my game progress on android :3

Nah. It's cool. I wish they add dislike button tho like seriously. Some people/post deserves dislikes and they need to know that.

===

On My Mind #1: Man, gotta love Troy Baker. Such a phenomenal voice actor. He is like casted in every big video game out there. Looks like he'll be the next voice for the Joker after Mark Hamill. :3

On My Mind #2: Geez. Our next President elect here :V I wanted him to be the president but I'm starting to get annoyed with him. He just makes too many controversial statements now and is way too defensive if criticized. Election is done man. Act like a freaking president.

I haven't been to this site for so long! The forum was down for a while, but I'm glad it's up and running again. I love the fresh, new look on mobile. Totally rad and easier to navigate. Awesome work!

OMM 1: I really want to play an mmorpg, but I'm having trouble finding any that interest me, don't require really powerful computer specs, have positive/mostly positive reviews, and are free or are at least somewhat enjoyable for f2p players 

OMM 2: tfw anhedonic tumblr_m42quperIZ1r58lid.jpg

OMM 3: I think this is most active DCW's ever been since I joined last year :blink:

24 minutes ago, machine said:

OMM 3: I think this is most active DCW's ever been since I joined last year :blink:

Right! new layout may have been the trigger haha 

On 6/2/2016 at 9:53 AM, .MK. said:

I don't have money man. *sigh* I wish you would recommend me something free. But I'll definitely try the first game.

Hmm, if money is an issue, then technically speaking you could always just find a way to get a Nintendo DS emulator on your iPhone and just run the game ROMs.  I know for Android phones this process isn't too difficult; not sure what the process is like for an iPhone.  I'm not much of a mobile gamer, so I don't have any recommendations that are officially and legally free.  And do note that the first game isn't entirely free, only the first two cases of the first game are playable free of charge.

--

OMM: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 8:43 PM, machine said:
On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 9:08 PM, Ryo said:

*cackles*

Now all that's left is devising a plan that will ensnare those lurkers so they don't leave again >:'D

You have to realize though that the number of people who took note of the change and popped a post = number of people who lurk but don't post = number of people who we need to kick

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 7:25 PM, .MK. said:

Hey. Goodluck. I mean it.

Thanks fam :D

The new SAT was actually pretty easy compared to the old one I took in December. There were no obscure vocabulary words and having 50 minutes to analyze an article made for an essay that I could actually be pretty satisfied with (I'm used to writing book reviews, so analyzing isn't as hard as developing a flimsy moral-oriented thesis in 25 minutes). I did better on the math sections too, but I think it's more in part of me having actually completed Algebra II instead of the test getting easier. Reading was pretty easy, though there was this one question I was iffy on.

Overall, I think I did pretty good for someone on 4 hours of sleep and didn't even bother to do the practice sets on the website hehe-onion-head-emoticon.gif

On 6/2/2016 at 10:43 PM, Aadikudo said:

OMM: there is no Bio page now..? D: that's sad... 

weirdly enough, I can see my old bio when I click on "Edit Profile" but it doesn't show up anywhere else

it could be a bug or maybe I just haven't looked hard enough

On 6/3/2016 at 9:37 AM, .MK. said:

Nah. It's cool. I wish they add dislike button tho like seriously. Some people/post deserves dislikes and they need to know that.

well, if you want all hell to break loose, then yeah, why not add a dislike button :^)

if you want my honest opinion, a dislike button would only polarize the Facebook community

of course, you could argue that YouTube has been doing fine with the like/dislike system, but in all fairness, it's mainly used to gauge the quality of the video rather than to flame someone for their controversial ideas (though that can happen as well)

Facebook isn't a platform for videos like YouTube is since it has much more personal use, so the reaction button seems much more suitable, and I think the angry-face reaction button is a fair substitute for the dislike button

just my two cents though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

--

OMM: hm, it hasn't rained this hard in a while

this is kinda nice

8 minutes ago, Kenzi said:

weirdly enough, I can see my old bio when I click on "Edit Profile" but it doesn't show up anywhere else

it could be a bug or maybe I just haven't looked hard enough

I see the same thing. It's pretty weird that our birthday/gender info comes up, but not our bio.

8 hours ago, Kirsch said:

*cackles*

Now all that's left is devising a plan that will ensnare those lurkers so they don't leave again >:'D

You have to realize though that the number of people who took note of the change and popped a post = number of people who lurk but don't post = number of people who we need to kick

Thanks fam :D

The new SAT was actually pretty easy compared to the old one I took in December. There were no obscure vocabulary words and having 50 minutes to analyze an article made for an essay that I could actually be pretty satisfied with (I'm used to writing book reviews, so analyzing isn't as hard as developing a flimsy moral-oriented thesis in 25 minutes). I did better on the math sections too, but I think it's more in part of me having actually completed Algebra II instead of the test getting easier. Reading was pretty easy, though there was this one question I was iffy on.

Overall, I think I did pretty good for someone on 4 hours of sleep and didn't even bother to do the practice sets on the website hehe-onion-head-emoticon.gif

I admit. I'm one of those lurkers. (Heh. You know that already. :V) D: But, nah, I'll probably stop posting again after this last posting streak. :3

===

Coolio :D Lol, a piece of cake, is it? That's the Kirsch that I know xD

I actually don't know what the freak a SAT test is. We don't have any SAT test here so better educate me about this :P

8 hours ago, Kenzi said:

if you want my honest opinion, a dislike button would only polarize the Facebook community

of course, you could argue that YouTube has been doing fine with the like/dislike system, but in all fairness, it's mainly used to gauge the quality of the video rather than to flame someone for their controversial ideas (though that can happen as well)

Facebook isn't a platform for videos like YouTube is since it has much more personal use, so the reaction button seems much more suitable, and I think the angry-face reaction button is a fair substitute for the dislike button

just my two cents though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Meh, I think it would reduce the flaming. People might stop spamming the freaking comment system with their "I disagree coz blah blah" (and plus those people who disagree would not get flamed too) since they have the choice to just silently dislike the content if they don't like it.

Also, I'm pretty sure the like/dislike system in youtube is used to gauge the amount of people who likes or dislikes the actual content or quality in/of the video, the youtuber and whatever. It's not just solely about the quality of the video.

And yeah, Facebook isn't a platform for videos. But I'm talking about those pages who promote opinions and ideas and you want to disagree with but you don't want to comment on. I would always see a post on Facebook that I eagerly want to dislike but I don't want to comment on (I'm more like the person in Facebook who just likes posts but never comments) there's no button for it so I'm just left to ignore it.

Plus, it'll be a great way to tell some people in that social media that are already big headed/narcisstic because of the amounts of like that they get that there are also people who dislikes or disagrees with them/their content. Thus, it might end up humbling them down. (Also, great way to train those people who are too sensitive of criticism. :P)

I know that the angry reaction button (which is more like the toned down version of dislike) exists but it's something that isn't widely used which I think is because it is unlike the like button where it's out there and visible and easy to click. Probably, they should put a place holder button beside the like button which would be whatever reaction button you set it to be so you can fast pace click it. (Also, do you also notice that some posts don't have the reaction thingy? I mean you can only like them?)

===

On My Mind: Overall this has been a great week :) It almost ended up being a nightmare. Don't scare me like that :V

OMM 1: I found the first season, and parts of the second and third seasons of The Office on dailymotion yesterday. ...I may or may not be nearly done season 2. 
Jim's my favorite character

OMM 2: do middle schoolers still do the dance from Crank That by Soulja Boy

On 6/3/2016 at 9:48 PM, Traxex said:

@machine Try to play DoTA 2.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm not really into MOBA's and games that have a top down POV though

On 6/3/2016 at 9:08 PM, Ryo said:

It most certainly is at least part of the reason for the increase in activity. 

On 4 June 2016 at 11:09 AM, Akazora said:

Hmm, if money is an issue, then technically speaking you could always just find a way to get a Nintendo DS emulator on your iPhone and just run the game ROMs.  I know for Android phones this process isn't too difficult; not sure what the process is like for an iPhone.  I'm not much of a mobile gamer, so I don't have any recommendations that are officially and legally free.  And do note that the first game isn't entirely free, only the first two cases of the first game are playable free of charge.

--

OMM: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Just saw this now.

Having an emulator on my phone (GBA/DS) was actually my first choice of doing things but you know, compared to Android, iOS is just this platform where you just can't install this kind of stuffs without jailbreaking. Just too risky for me.

I can go on and rant about how limiting and awful iOS is for non-casual users.

---

On My Mind: Man I completely miss the boat on the Uncharted series and I only found out about it until now. It's like the best game for people who loves realistic adventure in the form of a video game.

4 hours ago, The Banana Paladin said:

My mood is DCW: IRLy but if I make one it will be too Persona-like. *sigh*

Do it. I triple dog dare you.