Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

What's on Your Mind?

OMM: The Humble Bundle for Nintendo games going on right now is absolutely stacked!

For those unfamiliar with Humble Bundle, you basically name the price you pay and you're given games depending on how much you pay.  Even if you drop just a dollar, you get a couple games out of it.  I put in $13, and got Retro City Rampage: DX, Affordable Space Adventures, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, Super Street Fighter IV: 3D, Darksiders II, Freedom Planet, Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's, Treasure, Citizens of Earth, and an exclusive 3DS theme, not to mention a 10% Humble Monthly discount (which I won't use but it's neat anyway).  That's already $179 worth of content, all for only $13.  And as the event continues, more "pay more than the average to unlock" games will be added to the lineup, which I automatically get even if the average price rises.  To make an amazing deal even better, you can choose how much of what you pay goes to Nintendo, charity, or Humble Bundle.  If you have a Wii U and 3DS (the games are for either/or/and) and don't have any or most of the games listed, then it's something you should definitely participate in.  It's an amazing deal, and if you're going to impulse buy anything it might as well be this.

^ That's a lot of things  :blink:

Speaking of Nintendo though, it's really cool how Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing will be getting their own mobile apps this fall! Hopefully they'll be free or at least not horribly expensive. With the Animal Crossing one, I hope there'll be character customization similar to Happy Home Designer's, or have a combination of regular AC games' and HHD's customization. Like if they found the perfect blend of handpicking features like hair and eye color from the start of the game, and answering Rover's questions to decide other features, that'd be really neat. I also kinda hope that when your birthday rolls around, when you open the app, you'll get a message from either the villager you share a birthday wish, or a villager you're close friends with if you don't share a birthday with anyone. 

-----

OMM: so quiet here..

Speaking of Nintendo though, it's really cool how Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing will be getting their own mobile apps this fall! Hopefully they'll be free or at least not horribly expensive. With the Animal Crossing one, I hope there'll be character customization similar to Happy Home Designer's, or have a combination of regular AC games' and HHD's customization. Like if they found the perfect blend of handpicking features like hair and eye color from the start of the game, and answering Rover's questions to decide other features, that'd be really neat. I also kinda hope that when your birthday rolls around, when you open the app, you'll get a message from either the villager you share a birthday wish, or a villager you're close friends with if you don't share a birthday with anyone. 

Yeah, I stayed up late just so I would be there when the investors meeting went down.  We got more news than I expected.  I've never played an Animal Crossing game before, but I'm excited about the prospect of a mobile Fire Emblem game.  It could end up being a bit of letdown, but I have hope that it'll be enjoyable enough, especially since Miitomo has been a lot more fun than I expected it to.

The NX has finally been confirmed for March of 2017, and the new Legend of Zelda has been pushed back and will release simultaneously on both the Wii U and NX.  I know some people are disappointed by this news, but I have such a huge backlog of video games (especially after this Humble Bundle purchase) that this "dry" year of no games probably won't even be enough time for me to catch up.

OMM: so quiet here..

Yeah...

cff7926a9198ade288cbf79af2d2d8b57c6975f7

OMM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0cczw5jbDg

Yeah, I stayed up late just so I would be there when the investors meeting went down.  We got more news than I expected.  I've never played an Animal Crossing game before, but I'm excited about the prospect of a mobile Fire Emblem game.  It could end up being a bit of letdown, but I have hope that it'll be enjoyable enough, especially since Miitomo has been a lot more fun than I expected it to.

The NX has finally been confirmed for March of 2017, and the new Legend of Zelda has been pushed back and will release simultaneously on both the Wii U and NX.  I know some people are disappointed by this news, but I have such a huge backlog of video games (especially after this Humble Bundle purchase) that this "dry" year of no games probably won't even be enough time for me to catch up.

You've never played Animal Crossing!? Considering how popular New Leaf was, and how much you like Nintendo, I'm quite surprised. It's such a relaxing series. Both City Folk and New Leaf are great games, and hopefully the app will be good as well. Happy Home Designer's not bad per se, it's a bit bland in comparison to the other two though, so I'm a bit worried what another not-full AC game will be like.

The Fire Emblem app does sound like it could be pretty cool, but the reasons that make it sounds intriguing are the same reasons to also be a bit hesitant. It'll be interesting to see what the final product is like exactly. Hopefully it'll live up to its expectations too, or, at the very least, not completely suck... and also not be expensive, though I can't imagine either of those would be free unless they go heavily down microtransaction route

Just how much information about the NX is out yet? Aside from that March 2017 window, I haven't seen much about it, but then again, I haven't been looking. I did see a good amount of people unhappy about the new LOZ game coming out on both consoles. Maybe the game will end up being well worth the wait and better suited for the NX though. 

And just how many games are in your backlog? do you plan on beating all of them?

Speaking of video games, E3's not too far now that I think about it. Wonder what sort of news will come out then 

Yeah...

cff7926a9198ade288cbf79af2d2d8b57c6975f7

Maybe it'll liven up once school's out

tumblr_o6f81eeabS1qivk0so1_400.jpg

They didn't say, but considering it was mentioned in a thread where people post about uncomfortable things strangers said to them at conventions, I'm guessing a girl.... 

oh, uh, well...

I hope she realizes she isn't as short as she may think she is

--

OMM: tfw you break your racquet strings right before the match starts 

WTZNwaSs.jpg

OMM2: so I got silver nitrate on my hands and apparently this stuff isn't coming off till hell freezes over _

or until the skin starts to flake off, which I guess might take a few weeks

You've never played Animal Crossing!? Considering how popular New Leaf was, and how much you like Nintendo, I'm quite surprised. It's such a relaxing series. 

Yeah, it's a series that never naturally appealed to me and one that my friends never played, so I haven't gotten a chance to try it out (not to mention I hear it can be a bit of a time sink).  I'll check out the mobile app and if it interests me I'll consider getting a future Animal Crossing game, one that comes out on the next gen home or handheld console.

Just how much information about the NX is out yet? Aside from that March 2017 window, I haven't seen much about it, but then again, I haven't been looking.

That's the only official news we have on the NX.  I believe it was mentioned officially twice prior: once to say it existed (a little over a year ago) and a second time to dispel rumors that it would be featured at 2015's E3.  There's enough speculation on the specs and "gimmick" of the console to fill the Atlantic Ocean, with new "leaks" popping up every week, but none of those rumors have been confirmed true.  You haven't really been missing much unless you're into speculation like that, haha.

And just how many games are in your backlog? do you plan on beating all of them?

Not including the Humble Bundle games, not including the games I'm in the middle of (Fire Emblem Fates, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Fire Emblem Awakening (replay), Pokemon Pearl (long story...)), not including games I've been meaning to replay (Star Fox Adventures), not including old games I'm considering playing (the Mother series, Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3), and not including never ending games (Splatoon, Smash Bros, Mario Kart), these are the games I still need to play: Majora's Mask, Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright, Code Name: STEAM, Shin Megami Tensei IV (and its sequel), and the unreleased games Zero Time Dilemma and Pokemon Sun/Moon.  And everything I've listed I've already purchased, so yeah.  I plan on finishing them all.  Before school starts at the end of August (for everything barring Sun/Moon) would be ideal, but I've also been meaning to watch some anime, sooo.........

OMM1: Getting all my wisdom teeth removed tomorrow morning and I'm unreasonably anxious.

OMM2: I just choked on my water, mother of-

OMM1: Getting all my wisdom teeth removed tomorrow morning and I'm unreasonably anxious.

You'll be fine man. It's not even bad. 

^ I am~

I can't wait for Steven Universe's release next week! <3

OMM: The Humble Bundle for Nintendo games going on right now is absolutely stacked!

For those unfamiliar with Humble Bundle, you basically name the price you pay and you're given games depending on how much you pay.  Even if you drop just a dollar, you get a couple games out of it.  I put in $13, and got Retro City Rampage: DX, Affordable Space Adventures, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, Super Street Fighter IV: 3D, Darksiders II, Freedom Planet, Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's, Treasure, Citizens of Earth, and an exclusive 3DS theme, not to mention a 10% Humble Monthly discount (which I won't use but it's neat anyway).  That's already $179 worth of content, all for only $13.  And as the event continues, more "pay more than the average to unlock" games will be added to the lineup, which I automatically get even if the average price rises.  To make an amazing deal even better, you can choose how much of what you pay goes to Nintendo, charity, or Humble Bundle.  If you have a Wii U and 3DS (the games are for either/or/and) and don't have any or most of the games listed, then it's something you should definitely participate in.  It's an amazing deal, and if you're going to impulse buy anything it might as well be this.

Haven't seen any good games in a while though ):

----------------

On my mind:

Can't wait till I'm done with school or whatever they call it. It's poison of the mind, basically :v

You'll be fine man. It's not even bad. 

Surgery of any kind frightens me.  Even just the talk about blood and flesh can get me queasy, which is why I was feeling anxious.

Though I suppose the whole ordeal isn't so bad.  Not being able to eat solid foods for a few days sucks though, especially since I just got out of school a week ago and finally had a chance to eat something other than the same dining hall food for the first time in a long while (watching Shokugeki no Souma right now certainly isn't helping).  Once I get better I'll be sure to treat myself though. 

anyone here

I'm not

giphy.gif

It's AP exams week, so yah.

DCW's been this slow for the past few months now, so it doesn't really have much to do with AP tests, but I suppose they certainly don't help.

Haven't seen any good games in a while though ):

The 3DS and Wii U are at the end of their lifespans, so naturally all the good games have already been released for those systems (for the most part; I'm still looking forward to three yet-to-be-released games).  Once the NX launches in less than a year (and Sony and Microsoft launch their own next gen consoles) there will be a larger influx of new games to look forward to.

--

OMM1: I just had the craziest Splat Zones match.  I was paired up with three B ranked players and was pitted against four B+ ranked players.  The other team brought their timer down to literally 1 squid second remaining, after which we somehow fought back and knocked them out in an insane comeback.  That victory also launched me to A- ranked.  That was the best and most exhilarating match of Splatoon I have ever played; I was literally screaming by the end of it.

OMM2: Speaking of Splatoon, I realized I forgot to post about these the other day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP3CPiSOBRs

war%2Bflashbacks.jpg

It looks like I'm back in the hunt.  The ride never ends.

I had to change 2 browsers to be able to visit DCW..

My browsers all work, but for whatever reason the reply function doesn't work sometimes. I'd write something, add an image, then it'd tell me I needed to have content in my post.

OMM: I have a concert in a few days and the whole orchestra still sounds like crap. Fingers crossed the director's not going to explode next rehearsal...

OMM: I have a concert in a few days and the whole orchestra still sounds like crap. Fingers crossed the director's not going to explode next rehearsal...

I know I'm overdoing this like I'm always saying Goodluck every single time but Goodluck :P

On My Mind: Will have my choir concert later. Hoping for the best.

On My Mind: Will have my choir concert later. Hoping for the best.

Nice to see you're still posting occasionally.  Good luck with the choir concert and hope you have fun!

AoT delay...

aadd942d0dc8bbe295b5e2f50bf6fc64.jpg

That's technically still a rumor, so there's a chance it'll still air this fall (a very small chance, but a chance nonetheless).

--

OMM: It's finally here!

That's technically still a rumor, so there's a chance it'll still air this fall (a very small chance, but a chance nonetheless).

I doubt it 

Nice to see you're still posting occasionally.  Good luck with the choir concert and hope you have fun!

The concert was actually over when you posted that. But thanks :)

Anyways, I still can't say that I'm not gonna leave someday so it's just right that I already said my goodbyes to you guys way back just in case I never return anymore somewhere in the future. Plus, I don't think I'll ever post spammingly like the way I used to.