Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

What's on Your Mind?

I'm just happy if people return, even if for but a few short moments.

Maybe it's just me, but I've always felt forum goodbyes are a bad idea for this very reason. When you have announced an official goodbye, it makes you feel guilty when you want to check back in later and maybe say hi. Life moves on, but sometimes it's fun to look back on where you came from.

• Upvote 7

DCW is home, this site and the members, no matter where they go.

DCW makes my life better, I admit.

You can take a DCWer out of DC/DCW but you can never take DC/DCW out of a DCWer - Ari (Limansk)

Well said.

OMM I knew I should've went to Barnes & Noble instead of Rightstufanime for these volumes...two weeks? I could've been finished by now. 

hope that big snow storm caught akazora

he loves them 

But Cleveland isn't on the east coast!

tumblr_nelp5lAUTt1t9kr5po8_500.gif

Why does New Jersey get all the snow after I leave???

Real talk though, anybody caught in the path of the storm should stay inside and wait for everything to blow over.  Stay warm, make some hot cocoa, and watch some anime or something.  You can enjoy your 30+ inches of snow after the skies clear I'm trying not to be salty as I sit here doing my homework...

But Cleveland isn't on the east coast!

tumblr_nelp5lAUTt1t9kr5po8_500.gif

Why does New Jersey get all the snow after I leave???

Real talk though, anybody caught in the path of the storm should stay inside and wait for everything to blow over.  Stay warm, make some hot cocoa, and watch some anime or something.  You can enjoy your 30+ inches of snow after the skies clear I'm trying not to be salty as I sit here doing my homework...

So you, in cleveland, only get the cold but no snow

Kids must hate the winter there

Maybe you should have gone to canada :-), for college

Maybe it's just me, but I've always felt forum goodbyes are a bad idea for this very reason. When you have announced an official goodbye, it makes you feel guilty when you want to check back in later and maybe say hi. Life moves on, but sometimes it's fun to look back on where you came from.

Yeah. I know. Haha.. I'm like thinking in near the future, I might just end up coming back lol but again, I don't feel bad about saying goodbye or anything coz right now at my current state, I feel leaving and I atleast want to respectfully put out a goodbye message. But in the future, can't 100% rule out that I might return  since anything can really happen and I might suddenly just feel the want to check out the forums. So yea, you're right.

maaaaaan

MK had a shot to take down legend

now there is no chance

Nah. I don't think I won't be able to do it anyways since I started to post super rarely already sometime ago :P

Plus, I never planned on beating her anyways. I was just posting for the sake of posting.

(oh dear, I didn't except my post to have ripple effects like this...)

I accidentally had sad music playing in the background while reading through all this and right now I'm just like:

pEJhrsR.gif

@Moho: It's sad to see you leave man.  You arrived here before I did and I've always seen you as someone wiser and more experienced than me, both as far as DCW and real life go.  I'm glad to have met you, and I wish you luck in your future endeavors!  Though you'll never post here again, feel free to stop by and just lurk around if you want.  You're always welcome here!  And don't you worry; I don't think anyone on here could forget you.

@MK: Aw damn, you too?  Y'all are gonna make me cry...  I'm just kidding, if you really feel that now is the time to leave, then so it is.  We're all going to have to move on anyway, though lots of people in the "Wondering, pondering..." thread and the "10 Years Later" thread a while back thought they'd still be active on DCW even in the far future.  Looks like that ended up not being the case, huh?  The Chatroom used to be so full of spam, but hell I loved it.  Your presence here is surely going to be missed.  Before you go though, you don't have to apologize.  I know we may have gotten into disagreements on occasion and argued a bit, but that's equally my fault.  I'll admit, sometimes I can be a bit of a prick with what I say and how I say things, so I'm sorry for those times I snapped at you.  That wasn't in good taste and I failed to take your feelings into consideration.  Life's too short for drama anyway; that's a lesson we can both take to heart.  That out of the way, I wish you the best of luck in the rest of your life!  As I told Moho, you're always welcome to stop by on occasion, if you're ever inclined to do so.

To both of you, farewell!

0b2820e0265c4f03f7ecf037b2790c26fa9d8a2b

Thanks haha, I really do appreciate what you wrote and yeah, looking back... there were people in 10 years later thread for example who are like saying that they're gonna be here till after 10 years and you realized that never happened :P It's kinda sad but I guess no matter what in the end, we'll eventually have to leave sooner than that coz life man. :3 What's sadder tho is that once you/someone else really leave this forum/online community in general, you can never ever or it's almost impossible to get in touch with them again or at least know what happened to them coz you just never knew who they are in person compared to those people who you met, let say, in your highschool. So it kinda sucks especially if those people who leave you like really became close to you or at least to you. (Altho I know some members here had become really like so close that they just eventually fully trusted them and had let them inside there real life personal stuffs)

Anyways, other than that, I guess we don't have to apologize to each other :P As I always say, it's all good now haha

I dont know about heated arguments, but we had a great time. Take care MK, lets not hope this is the last time. Spam one last time for old times sake

Now that i think about it, Chek is the only moderator Left.

Ill be honest, im not leaving. Its not like the old days, but there is still some great things here

Nah. Don't worry, it wasn't about you. But if you ever felt like I offended you or something, I'm sorry. And take care too! I already did spam haha. I'm now worried who will take my place since I'm gonna be gone.

Hate to see members go, but I understand. Hopefully you guys can stop by in the future, even it's just for a brief moment. Good luck with everything and it was cool exchanging convos with you guys while I've been here :blush:  :D

No prob. It's not like we're big people or something lol so nope, the otherway around, it's cool exchanging convos with you :D

Again, I cannot 100% fully say that I'll be gone forever. I might return back in the future and same hopes for moho.

Haha, anyways, I`ll still probably lurk here from time to time (I'll probably keep my noti email on for this forum just to stay updated) and if no one ends up hosting Secret Santa this year lol, I might be forced to comeback and host it :P

Anyways, thanks everyone for everything! Take care everybody! I'll be leaving now. As I promised, I stayed here till today and it's time now to go so thanks everyone again and Goodbye! :)

• Upvote 2

Yeah. I know. Haha.. I'm like thinking in near the future, I might just end up coming back lol but again, I don't feel bad about saying goodbye or anything coz right now at my current state, I feel leaving and I atleast want to respectfully put out a goodbye message. But in the future, can't 100% rule out that I might return  since anything can really happen and I might suddenly just feel the want to check out the forums. So yea, you're right.

Nah. I don't think I won't be able to do it anyways since I started to post super rarely already sometime ago :P

Plus, I never planned on beating her anyways. I was just posting for the sake of posting.

Thanks haha, I really do appreciate what you wrote and yeah, looking back... there were people in 10 years later thread for example who are like saying that they're gonna be here till after 10 years and you realized that never happened :P It's kinda sad but I guess no matter what in the end, we'll eventually have to leave sooner than that coz life man. :3 What's sadder tho is that once you/someone else really leave this forum/online community in general, you can never ever or it's almost impossible to get in touch with them again or at least know what happened to them coz you just never knew who they are in person compared to those people who you met, let say, in your highschool. So it kinda sucks especially if those people who leave you like really became close to you or at least to you. (Altho I know some members here had become really like so close that they just eventually fully trusted them and had let them inside there real life personal stuffs)

Anyways, other than that, I guess we don't have to apologize to each other :P As I always say, it's all good now haha

Nah. Don't worry, it wasn't about you. But if you ever felt like I offended you or something, I'm sorry. And take care too! I already did spam haha. I'm now worried who will take my place since I'm gonna be gone.

No prob. It's not like we're big people or something lol so nope, the otherway around, it's cool exchanging convos with you :D

Again, I cannot 100% fully say that I'll be gone forever. I might return back in the future and same hopes for moho.

Haha, anyways, I`ll still probably lurk here from time to time (I'll probably keep my noti email on for this forum just to stay updated) and if no one ends up hosting Secret Santa this year lol, I might be forced to comeback and host it :P

Anyways, thanks everyone for everything! Take care everybody! I'll be leaving now. As I promised, I stayed here till today and it's time now to go so thanks everyone again and Goodbye! :)

Good bye MK

You will always be a legend.

(Atleast here)

Chkdsk /R

Also everyone reading this, make a backup of all your computer docs. Harddisks fail when you least expect it. The best method is to have an external HD and a cloud/offsite backup so you would be okay if either HD broke or your house caught on fire. Triplicate is the way to go.

Farewell MK! Hope you'll decide to come back and visit at some point!

OMM: I've been getting like 9 - 10 hours of sleep and eating a smidge better than usual and I still managed to get sick somehow. I'm too impressed to be irritated. This constant feeling of needing to sneeze isn't fun though,,,

Chkdsk /R

Also everyone reading this, make a backup of all your computer docs. Harddisks fail when you least expect it. The best method is to have an external HD and a cloud/offsite backup so you would be okay if either HD broke or your house caught on fire. Triplicate is the way to go.

Did your house catch fire? Is everything okay?

Cloud has limited storage and ask for money too :(

tumblr_nsfmv3puBA1uusym1o1_500.gif

Don't be a stranger!

Chkdsk /R

It's certainly rare to see Chekhov post here for non-official purposes.

That's some handy advice, though I hope this doesn't mean something happened to your computer.  If it does, then my condolences.

--

OMM: Can't wait for the Project X Zone 2 demo to come out on the eShop tomorrow.  I know I already have more than enough 3DS games as it is, but if the demo impresses me then I'll consider taking advantage of Amazon's pre-order deal as well as Prime sale and buying it.

That's some handy advice, though I hope this doesn't mean something happened to your computer.  If it does, then my condolences.

Did your house catch fire? Is everything okay?

My home is just fine, albeit covered in white wintery bullshit at the moment. My computer HD decided to become swiss cheese. 1/400 sectors unreadable, files MIA, etc. I had backups though, so I am 100% cool minus the cost of repair.

Cloud has limited storage and ask for money too :(

I don't use this strategy, but you can upload a surprising amount of stuff on mediafire and megaupload for free. You can set it so your links aren't findable without a direct link (I think). Just compress and encrypt it so that it needs your (long and strong) password. Works really well for documents and spreadsheets, less so for pictures.

The cheap non-cloud workaround I use is to leave the third password-protected drive (external HD#2) somewhere reliable like my personal drawer at work. I keep a small thumbdrive of all my most important docs I have changed in the past few months, and only update harddrive #3 every three months or so when I dump my pics off my phone. If my computer and HD#2 were to bite it simultaneously, the third drive and the thumb drive together make a mostly complete set by themselves.

Even if you leave all three HDs in the same place, it's better than only two HDs (comp and external #1). Just putting an HD at the other end of your house out of range of natural hazards and where burglars would not look is reasonable.

If anyone thinks this is obsessive, in high school, I once lost my final English paper that was like 15% of my grade the night before it was due because of a computer overheat. (Back in the days when laptops weighed like 15 pounds and could fry an egg on the underside.) I convinced my teacher not to punish me by handing her a receipt for the emergency data recovery service I rushed my comp to, but it was a close call. I never wanted to experience that stress agony again.

OMM: I hate saying goodbyes. I know exactly how I feel about MK and Moho leaving (like crap and some more abstract, vaguely negative feelings) but the goodbyes really drive it in. So here's my super teary goodbye that's going to guilt-trip you into -- nah, nevermind. Just wish you both have a great time outside of DCW. You guys take care of yourselves and be happy :D

Can you pretty please at  least swing by once in a while? Christmas is mandatory, btw... jk, jk.

​OMM2: Lovely 30+ inches of snow. No school for dayyysss~~~ It's really a winter wonderland out there. The roads are like trenches dug between the mountains. My shoulders are super sore from all the shoveling though, and my driveway and basketball area is still buried under the now melted-and-hardened ice. Gahh....

​OMM3:

​DAMON SALVATORE

​(pls help me)