Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

What's on Your Mind?

Just give me Pokemon Go and I can finally rest in peace ;-;

Pokemon is the only reason I'm going to watch the Super Bowl this year, to be honest.

OMM:

gtQFwjH.png

tumblr_inline_nkxcbdO78J1qc4gqo.png

Dat me??

shame that ordinary people die because of political differences

It's religion. BTW the casualties were low because the perpetrator's plan went sour (Their attack were sporadic).

• Upvote 1

OMM: today certainly happened alright... tumblr_m42quperIZ1r58lid.jpg

I'm not saying I'm salty, but I'm pretty salty

I have cake though, so all in all it's not too bad I guess

--------------

OMM 2: I can 't belie ve --

my cake. . .. . I was eating it because I'd been looking forward to it ever since I woke up a little bit ago and it tasted weird and i looked closer and I think it's moldy tumblr_m42qteUT4z1r58lid.gif

I looked at the other ones and I think they're moldy too and their expiration date's not until tomorrow and i'm in a different state so I can't even go in and get a refund and complain and i've only been up two hours why is this happening

I especially brought these back because there's no bakeries in my new town and because the oven in my house hasn't been reliable I can't make anything in it either but my Monday's just off to a really great start otherwise though tumblr_m42rjxA1qA1r58lid.png

Edited by machine

On my mind: Getting my phone soon.

OMM: today certainly happened alright... tumblr_m42quperIZ1r58lid.jpg

I'm not saying I'm salty, but I'm pretty salty

I have cake though, so all in all it's not too bad I guess

--------------

OMM 2: I can 't belie ve --

my cake. . .. . I was eating it because I'd been looking forward to it ever since I woke up a little bit ago and it tasted weird and i looked closer and I think it's moldy tumblr_m42qteUT4z1r58lid.gif

I looked at the other ones and I think they're moldy too and their expiration date's not until tomorrow and i'm in a different state so I can't even go in and get a refund and complain and i've only been up two hours why is this happening

I especially brought these back because there's no bakeries in my new town and because the oven in my house hasn't been reliable I can't make anything in it either but my Monday's just off to a really great start otherwise though tumblr_m42rjxA1qA1r58lid.png

Oh no I think machine just died - no, malfunctioned! RIP in pieces machine! you have been good so far bye bye and thanks very mucho - sehr very beaucoup de mucho meget!

OK I'm done, and I'll go sleep now, and wake up to yet another mindnumbingly boring school day.

OMM1: This lake effect snow has been so nice and pretty.  There's been a relatively steady flurry for the past few days which has ensured the ground is always blanketed in white.  If it weren't so cold, I wouldn't have minded talking a walk around campus at night to de-stress.

OMM2: Yooooooooooo this 999 fanzine looks amazing!  And it's only $19!  I'll probably end up pre-ordering myself a copy, ufufufufufu...

tumblr_o0kdkgMrdH1qja923o1_1280.png

^The cover art alone has me sold!

OMM3: Well, DCW is deader than a dead doornail.  I have never seen this site so barren.  Yesterday there was literally one post made by one person during the entire 24 hours.  I still remember when "Today's Top 20 Poster" used to be chock full of people with 20+, no 50+ posts a day.  I still remember sh*tposting was so rampant that Maurice had to make Forum Game posts not count toward the total post count anymore.  This place has cleared out so much that it's run by only a single moderator, who isn't even the founder of the site.  We may have won the Wiki War, but DCTP appears to have outdone us in the Forum Feud.  Well met, both sides.  I've had a heck of a time here these past five years, and I suppose I'll stick around for some time more, but with each passing day there's less and less motivation to come back.  Since it's finally come to this, I'll probably show one last bit of support by donating what I can.

2f0.gif

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.
- T.S. Eliot

(I'd really like to be surprised and have activity on the forums increase in the future, but a 5 year downward trend isn't giving me much hope.  I fear the end is nigh.)

You mean I ain't gonna make it to six years, Akazora? I got to say, if this isn't the end, it's definitely at least the dark ages for this community. Our new member retention rate has gone to hell, and only 1 out of 15 of the more notable posters still hang around. I'm not even sure if I count anymore. But I guess everything has to come to an end.

I remember when I clocked the Top 20 Posters with 300+ posts per day. Those were insanely fun days. Basically none of it was quality, but that was how it was back in the day. This topic blew up every day, it was like a chat room in here.

I remember when I decided to leave to focus on my life. But then I came back, because goddammit, this place is a bit too precious to me. There's a bunch of quirky individuals that I bet I wouldn't have gotten to meet otherwise. 

I remember when I joined, that I had no idea how to fit in such a bustling community. I found my place and left my mark, I hope. My only regret now is that there might not be someone to follow after me.

It's been almost six years for me. The forums are even older than that, but for me, it's been an impressive six years. I can say without a doubt that this place has definitely influenced me, changed me for the better. I'm a better man now.

I'll find another place on the interwebs to hang out, but this place will always have a special place in my memories, along with all of you (yes, even those of you that I didn't particularly get along with, all of you). But it's honestly time for me to move on for good, and I hope that at the very least, that anyone I interacted with here will not forget me.

Take care and safe travels, fellow DCWites.

“Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would, I'd never leave.” - A.A. Milne

• Upvote 5

@DCW being quiet. That's pretty much expected. We lost the regular weekly translators for the series which keeps fans interested and coming back. There was a massive falloff in post volume because of that, here and at DCTP. Should a translator team return to regular release schedule, then more people will come out of the woodwork. Also the activity of the forums follows the plot pace. The plot has been quiet, and the novelty of Rum, Shuukichi, and the mystery child have worn off. (Until further changes)

Lastly and perhaps most importantly, the spike in Detective Conan's popularity has worn off. Back around 2009-2011 was peak posting volume here and at DCTP. It's declined steadily since in both places to 10% of what it once was. That's because in 2009-2011, all the people who saw the English dub Case Closed on Cartoon Network in 2003 as kids and middle schoolers became highschoolers and college students which are the most active crowd as far forum posting goes. Now most of the people who watched Case Closed are adults and adult life tends to take you away from hobbies and internet pursuits. The people who remain are those who like the mystery genre and anime in general and found it through Viz Volumes, fansubs, and scanlations rather than English dubs. Many are international, because their local dubs are still airing.

The chatroom gets quiet long before the general and manga subforums do because discussion there can take place at a slower place. The post quality is still very high. People are still discussing case solutions. The wiki edit rate has remained pretty steady, even though most of the major articles are nearing "completion". The site is nowhere near dying, and neither is the series. There is a lot to look forward to. I am sorry to see some of you leave. Detective Conan is a slow and steady series, and the fanbase is going match it.

• Upvote 6

OMM 2: it's still weird to me that some people don't watch the news every day or even at all

there's so many different things constantly happening and changing, yet so many still brush it off as "boring" :huh:

Meh, I don't watch news at all. I read current news online tho every now and then just to see what's currently happening but my reasoning against staying up to date to this stuff is that most news are just purely depressing and repetitive than anything (good news are rare) war here, war there or crimes here and there and it just really demotivates me (I dunno how that correlates) so I just stay away from it as much as possible.

I tend to stay updated though on news about Technological/Gadget or Scientific Advancements/Achievements or etc. etc since those are the good stuffs, IMO.

Ohh man I just saw some beautiful Bromance ;-;

Soooo goood!!!

Duh. Sam and Frodo from LotR are still the best at this :P

a4bc6ec02980312277d94b47061e7925.jpg

You mean I ain't gonna make it to six years, Akazora? I got to say, if this isn't the end, it's definitely at least the dark ages for this community. Our new member retention rate has gone to hell, and only 1 out of 15 of the more notable posters still hang around. I'm not even sure if I count anymore. But I guess everything has to come to an end.

I remember when I clocked the Top 20 Posters with 300+ posts per day. Those were insanely fun days. Basically none of it was quality, but that was how it was back in the day. This topic blew up every day, it was like a chat room in here.

I remember when I decided to leave to focus on my life. But then I came back, because goddammit, this place is a bit too precious to me. There's a bunch of quirky individuals that I bet I wouldn't have gotten to meet otherwise.

I remember when I joined, that I had no idea how to fit in such a bustling community. I found my place and left my mark, I hope. My only regret now is that there might not be someone to follow after me.

It's been almost six years for me. The forums are even older than that, but for me, it's been an impressive six years. I can say without a doubt that this place has definitely influenced me, changed me for the better. I'm a better man now.

I'll find another place on the interwebs to hang out, but this place will always have a special place in my memories, along with all of you (yes, even those of you that I didn't particularly get along with, all of you). But it's honestly time for me to move on for good, and I hope that at the very least, that anyone I interacted with here will not forget me.

Take care and safe travels, fellow DCWites.

“Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would, I'd never leave.” - A.A. Milne

T__T See ya bro. Take care. I think I'm one of those person that you haven't had the chance to get to know but oh well. I'll still remember you tho since you're like the most popular member here on this community and who had seriously left a mark. So yup, goodbye it is.

*sigh* Coincidence is this, but I think I might say goodbye to this community too like for realz this time for some reason.

OMM3: Well, DCW is deader than a dead doornail. I have never seen this site so barren. Yesterday there was literally one post made by one person during the entire 24 hours. I still remember when "Today's Top 20 Poster" used to be chock full of people with 20+, no 50+ posts a day. I still remember sh*tposting was so rampant that Maurice had to make Forum Game posts not count toward the total post count anymore. This place has cleared out so much that it's run by only a single moderator, who isn't even the founder of the site. We may have won the Wiki War, but DCTP appears to have outdone us in the Forum Feud. Well met, both sides. I've had a heck of a time here these past five years, and I suppose I'll stick around for some time more, but with each passing day there's less and less motivation to come back. Since it's finally come to this, I'll probably show one last bit of support by donating what I can.

Yeah. Looks like we old fellas are gonna be gone too from this forum. Same here, my motivation to stay here in this site is getting lesser and lesser. Actually, I don't have any intentions on staying in this forum anyways a year ago (2014) but for some reason I did. I think it's all over now for me so I might leave this place this time around so if I leave then... (To be talked later on). And this time around again, after I leave, I have no intentions to come back anymore, and on top of that, I have also reasons on why I won't comeback anyways.

I agree with the Wiki War thing. Altho, the DCW forum community is almost dead, our Wiki community is pretty much alive. I just checked it out like some time ago and there are still alot of people who do edits on wikis.

Haha, the good ol' times. I still remember when this community was very welcoming to the new members and is really closely knit like almost everyone talks to everyone. Everything was just so positively filled and friendly :P I also remember when I first joined, IU, some other members and some of my fellow new members were the actual ones who started conversing with me instead of me trying to reach out to them. Now, on the otherhand, not saying things become negative but it's just that this community became a stranger's site. No one even welcomes Newbies anymore nor anyone gives a care about them and established members rarely engage in convos with one another (at least publicly ).This place just became a post-my-thoughts forum which is sad compared to before where even a simple post on this thread can garner you a lot of replies from members that you have even never talked to. Then, basically, you get to know them, after that.

Also, I don't know if you remember the old UI of this site but it was pretty easier to talk to other people since you don't need to make a PM and send it to them, you can just leave a comment on their profile and do a back and forth thingy compared to now. (It's like an Instant Messenger)

xD That crapposting it was mostly me, KKLT and MM(IceCraze/Moonlight Magician) who had done that which caused Maurice to disable the post counting in the Game Forums. So if any newer member here wonders why me and KKLT have a really high post count, it was becoz of this thing. :P We spammed the Game Forums like nonstop till Maurice did the the thing. xD There was also a thing before were some of us newer members at that time were trying to beat each other's post count so like half of our post counts came from all those stupid craps.

Anyways, sorry for the long post reply thing, but I kinda just wanna reminiscent this stuff since I might as well leave too. All things must come to an end, I guess.

And, like you, since DCW have become so much of a part in my life. I'll also donate as much money as I can in the future to this site and to awesome Maurice once I have a proper income.

@DCW being quiet. That's pretty much expected. We lost the regular weekly translators for the series which keeps fans interested and coming back. There was a massive falloff in post volume because of that, here and at DCTP. Should a translator team return to regular release schedule, then more people will come out of the woodwork. Also the activity of the forums follows the plot pace. The plot has been quiet, and the novelty of Rum, Shuukichi, and the mystery child have worn off. (Until further changes)

Lastly and perhaps most importantly, the spike in Detective Conan's popularity has worn off. Back around 2009-2011 was peak posting volume here and at DCTP. It's declined steadily since in both places to 10% of what it once was. That's because in 2009-2011, all the people who saw the English dub Case Closed on Cartoon Network in 2003 as kids and middle schoolers became highschoolers and college students which are the most active crowd as far forum posting goes. Now most of the people who watched Case Closed are adults and adult life tends to take you away from hobbies and internet pursuits. The people who remain are those who like the mystery genre and anime in general and found it through Viz Volumes, fansubs, and scanlations rather than English dubs. Many are international, because their local dubs are still airing.

The chatroom gets quiet long before the general and manga subforums do because discussion there can take place at a slower place. The post quality is still very high. People are still discussing case solutions. The wiki edit rate has remained pretty steady, even though most of the major articles are nearing "completion". The site is nowhere near dying, and neither is the series. There is a lot to look forward to. I am sorry to see some of you leave. Detective Conan is a slow and steady series, and the fanbase is going match it.

I still feel really bad that I haven't contributed at all in terms of the actual goal of this site is. I kinda joined in discussions about DC related stuff when I first joined since that's the real reason why I joined at the first place and also when I returned back to this site not long ago.

Anyways back to what you are actually talking about, I should also add that DC is just basically becoming less and less popular to the newer generations. I do believe that one of the biggest culprit is that the length of DC itself. Of course, those newer ones who wants to watch or read the series from the beginning will be turned off by it since you have to invest a lot of time watching/reading it just to be able to reach the current timeline that we have right now. Plus, some plots in the series are just so repetitive which either makes you so bored that you quit watching the series or you just skip parts. And then, couple it up with how humans are generally getting more impatient as generations passes by, you're seriously gonna get lesser new people here.

The Wiki, I think, would still go on may it be with or without the forums. That part of this site is seriously active compared to the forums. I also believe that the General section of this Forum won't really die. Right now, it might look like it's on the verge of extinction but as you said, it just matches the intensity of the current plot. So yup, the General Section would have it's highs and lows but it ain't gonna die. But the Chatroom section, where the meaning of DCW community really revolves, would most likely die out completely or would become so inactive for the following years. It's just that no one can match the way that IU, Mohorovicic and some older members did to pull in members or new members who are just here to discuss DC related stuffs to actually talk and post in here in the Chatroom section.

Anyways, *sigh* Here it goes,

Welp, to anyone who's reading this, especially those people who knew me, well... the time has finally come. All things must come to an end. In otherwords, I'm really leaving this forum behind forever this time.  I have no intentions of coming back anymore. I know I've said goodbye many times before but I actually returned like a year after but this time, that's not gonna happen again. As my last will here, I'll post as much as I can till the end of this week and then I'll part ways after that.

I know this sound likes I'm just jump bandwagoning with Moho since he just also said his goodbye but I'm not, In truth, I don't intend on staying here anymore some time after new year's day. I was gonna silently leave but since Moho, here, wrote his goodbye message. I might as well do since I want to leave this site in a respectful way by writing a parting message.

So anyways, DCW have been a really big part of my life so I'll always treasure this place as one of those community which helped me grew as a person. When I first joined, I never expected that I'll stay for a very long time in this place. In all seriousness, I joined only to discuss DC related stuffs since I was a big DC fanboy at that time but stuffs happened and some awesome members sucked me in to the "DCW community" itself and here I am, I am the second top poster of this site. I don't regret every single spamming that I did to be in that place :P Haha, I dunno if I actually contributed anything to this site other than my obnoxiousness or if I contributed to any of the members' life who I became close with

Otherthan that, I have not much else to say, DCW specifically the members helped me through some of my rough times especially way when I was like 13/14, I was kind of a loner IRL at that time and the DCW people were one of the few outlets that I had to charge up my happiness. And then basically, things changed for me, I became a social person sometime after I left DCW.

Anyways, I don't want to prolong this any further and I'm just gonna say thanks really to everyone who I became friends and/or close friends with. I hope you guys remember me and just always take care. Life responsibilities are calling me now :P

To Akazora, Balthazar, AL, KtPT and whoever old members are still active or who drops by from time to time: Please take good care of the Forums and just please try welcoming and talking to new members more. Also, I know I had alot of heated arguments with some of you, I'm seriously sorry for that. It's just that I'm a person with really firm opinion on issues or just random stuffs. And, I know I know... I'm an arrogant and thinks he know-it-all bastard :P Also, can one of you please host DCW Secret Santa for this year? Since Moho is gone too, I see nobody hosting it.

To Ryo and Machine : You guys are one of those few newer members who consistently posts from time to time. Please keep it up as long as you can. Most likely there would still be alot of new members who will come in in the future whom will join in the fun. It's so sad that I never got to really get to know you both but still thank you for some of the post-convo we had here in the Chatroom.

To my FP Family: I would properly say goodbye on our FB group. Yeah, I also need to leave you guys.

To those members I became close with but grew apart: I'm sorry that I probably did something really stupid that made us grew apart or if I choose a path in my life where it caused me time from DCW or vice versa, I'm sorry also that it happened. I wouldn't name you guys anymore but if you got to read this, just sorry and thank you.

To those members who I never had a chance to talk to: I won't say anything other than I wish I had the time to get to know some of you.

And finally, to Kirsch: Hope you drop by soon but I dunno if you will still do so since you said before that you're only gonna stay for a year so I might be too late and I might be talking to an air here. :P But I seriously want to talk to you probably for the last time. I have so much to tell you and ask you at the same time before I leave this place. But if you're too lazy to drop by right now, all I can say is I hate you :P JK

Anyways, again, thanks everyone for the memories :') I'll put everything I wrote here on my bio on my profile page.

Here's MK the Great, signing off.

• Upvote 3

Anyways, *sigh* Here it goes,

Welp, to anyone who's reading this, especially those people who knew me, well... the time has finally come. All things must come to an end. In otherwords, I'm really leaving this forum behind forever this time.  I have no intentions of coming back anymore. I know I've said goodbye many times before but I actually returned like a year after but this time, that's not gonna happen again. As my last will here, I'll post as much as I can till the end of this week and then I'll part ways after that.

I know this sound likes I'm just jump bandwagoning with Moho since he just also said his goodbye but I'm not, In truth, I don't intend on staying here anymore some time after new year's day. I was gonna silently leave but since Moho, here, wrote his goodbye message. I might as well do since I want to leave this site in a respectful way by writing a parting message.

So anyways, DCW have been a really big part of my life so I'll always treasure this place as one of those community which helped me grew as a person. When I first joined, I never expected that I'll stay for a very long time in this place. In all seriousness, I joined only to discuss DC related stuffs since I was a big DC fanboy at that time but stuffs happened and some awesome members sucked me in to the "DCW community" itself and here I am, I am the second top poster of this site. I don't regret every single spamming that I did to be in that place :P Haha, I dunno if I actually contributed anything to this site other than my obnoxiousness or if I contributed to any of the members' life who I became close with

Otherthan that, I have not much else to say, DCW specifically the members helped me through some of my rough times especially way when I was like 13/14, I was kind of a loner IRL at that time and the DCW people were one of the few outlets that I had to charge up my happiness. And then basically, things changed for me, I became a social person sometime after I left DCW.

Anyways, I don't want to prolong this any further and I'm just gonna say thanks really to everyone who I became friends and/or close friends with. I hope you guys remember me and just always take care. Life responsibilities are calling me now :P

To Akazora, Balthazar, AL, KtPT and whoever old members are still active or who drops by from time to time: Please take good care of the Forums and just please try welcoming and talking to new members more. Also, I know I had alot of heated arguments with some of you, I'm seriously sorry for that. It's just that I'm a person with really firm opinion on issues or just random stuffs. And, I know I know... I'm an arrogant and thinks he know-it-all bastard :P Also, can one of you please host DCW Secret Santa for this year? Since Moho is gone too, I see nobody hosting it.

To Ryo and Machine : You guys are one of those few newer members who consistently posts from time to time. Please keep it up as long as you can. Most likely there would still be alot of new members who will come in in the future whom will join in the fun. It's so sad that I never got to really get to know you both but still thank you for some of the post-convo we had here in the Chatroom.

To my FP Family: I would properly say goodbye on our FB group. Yeah, I also need to leave you guys.

To those members I became close with but grew apart: I'm sorry that I probably did something really stupid that made us grew apart or if I choose a path in my life where it caused me time from DCW or vice versa, I'm sorry also that it happened. I wouldn't name you guys anymore but if you got to read this, just sorry and thank you.

To those members who I never had a chance to talk to: I won't say anything other than I wish I had the time to get to know some of you.

And finally, to Kirsch: Hope you drop by soon but I dunno if you will still do so since you said before that you're only gonna stay for a year so I might be too late and I might be talking to an air here. :P But I seriously want to talk to you probably for the last time. I have so much to tell you and ask you at the same time before I leave this place. But if you're too lazy to drop by right now, all I can say is I hate you :P JK

Anyways, again, thanks everyone for the memories :') I'll put everything I wrote here on my bio on my profile page.

Here's MK the Great, signing off.

Farewell, MK. Thanks for the memories...

I dont know about heated arguments, but we had a great time. Take care MK, lets not hope this is the last time. Spam one last time for old times sake

Now that i think about it, Chek is the only moderator Left.

Ill be honest, im not leaving. Its not like the old days, but there is still some great things here

• Upvote 1

Oh no I think machine just died - no, malfunctioned! RIP in pieces machine! you have been good so far bye bye and thanks very mucho - sehr very beaucoup de mucho meget!

For the 30min period I couldn't get the taste of moldy icing out of my mouth I felt pretty dead  :unsure: It wasn't a good experience.... 

There were like 5 different languages in that last bit and I only understand 3 of them

Oh geez... This is starting to sound like the last day of school or something and we're passing around yearbooks, writing out personalized messages in all of them. I wonder what the users who stop by occasionally will think if/when they come across all of this...

I'll be sticking around a while longer at the very least, feel free to say hello if you ever find yourself back here out of habit or curiosity! I regret that I didn't get to know most of you very well, but the year I've been here has been an enjoyable one thanks to the handful of you that have hung around. The vast majority of other places I frequent on the internet are very fast paced and highly populated, so I really appreciate how laid back and quiet it is and that you can actually have drawn out conversations here.

To those of you leaving for good, I hope our paths will cross again and that you'll have the best of luck wherever you end up going from here :)

Hate to see members go, but I understand. Hopefully you guys can stop by in the future, even it's just for a brief moment. Good luck with everything and it was cool exchanging convos with you guys while I've been here :blush:  :D

(oh dear, I didn't except my post to have ripple effects like this...)

I accidentally had sad music playing in the background while reading through all this and right now I'm just like:

pEJhrsR.gif

@Moho: It's sad to see you leave man.  You arrived here before I did and I've always seen you as someone wiser and more experienced than me, both as far as DCW and real life go.  I'm glad to have met you, and I wish you luck in your future endeavors!  Though you'll never post here again, feel free to stop by and just lurk around if you want.  You're always welcome here!  And don't you worry; I don't think anyone on here could forget you.

@MK: Aw damn, you too?  Y'all are gonna make me cry...  I'm just kidding, if you really feel that now is the time to leave, then so it is.  We're all going to have to move on anyway, though lots of people in the "Wondering, pondering..." thread and the "10 Years Later" thread a while back thought they'd still be active on DCW even in the far future.  Looks like that ended up not being the case, huh?  The Chatroom used to be so full of spam, but hell I loved it.  Your presence here is surely going to be missed.  Before you go though, you don't have to apologize.  I know we may have gotten into disagreements on occasion and argued a bit, but that's equally my fault.  I'll admit, sometimes I can be a bit of a prick with what I say and how I say things, so I'm sorry for those times I snapped at you.  That wasn't in good taste and I failed to take your feelings into consideration.  Life's too short for drama anyway; that's a lesson we can both take to heart.  That out of the way, I wish you the best of luck in the rest of your life!  As I told Moho, you're always welcome to stop by on occasion, if you're ever inclined to do so.

To both of you, farewell!

0b2820e0265c4f03f7ecf037b2790c26fa9d8a2b