Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

What's on Your Mind?

OMM: Thought my sister was gonna teach me how to knit over the holiday weekend, but she ended up teaching me how to felt. I literally spent about 4 hours total today just stabbing clumps of wool into certain shapes with needles. I made two dogs though so that's pretty neat   

@machine: Good luck with Thanksgiving, hah! q:

Thank you! It went pretty alright, the main difference was that we couldn't bake rolls this year, but everything else was able to be prepared fairly close to the usual way. I was actually pretty surprised how smoothly things went haha

OMM1: There are only three letters I can use to describe people these days: smh. This planet is a sick place. Everything is unfair. Kindness is so rare these days that when you show an act of kindness, people think you like them. We fight for equality, yet people disagree. Then when someone mistreats them, they blame the government for not being fair and equal when it was their decision. "No, our generation is fine." "We don't need to change anything." Wrong. Our world is mean. Cruel. I do not believe in human perfectibility. We are only more active, not any wiser than we were 6,000 years ago. So people should stop acting like they are. They need to think for their future, for their children's future. I don't want to live in a world so depressing to the point that you will only help someone out of you like them. People need to see the other side of things. They need to stop looking at the mask the world puts on. This generation is messed up. We need help, they need to change. Life was much simpler back then. But something changed us. And we'll have to undo it.

OMM2: And don't tell me I'm wrong because trust me, I know what I'm talking abt. But on the other side of things, my day was great. Except for the fact that I'm stressed out bc I have a lot of hw due on Monday and I didn't even start. Eh, I work well under pressure at the last minute tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD0x7ho_IYc

This may be a bit long, but I recommend you watch this.  It'll put things into better perspective for you.

OMM 1 Only 8 school days until the semester is over...man it flew by, but I just wanna catch up on sleep/anime that I had to neglect due to HW lol

OMM 2 Christmas is approaching soon, which means I gotta figure out what to get my siblings *starts list*

OMM: Thought my sister was gonna teach me how to knit over the holiday weekend, but she ended up teaching me how to felt. I literally spent about 4 hours total today just stabbing clumps of wool into certain shapes with needles. I made two dogs though so that's pretty neat

YOUR FELT DOGS ARE SUPER CUTE! GIMME GIMME! How'd you make them?

OMM2: Will there be a Secret Santa thing this year?

OMM: I'm behind in so many webcomics and have always had a hard time keeping up with webcomics and things that release weekly in general yet I keep starting more tumblr_m42quperIZ1r58lid.jpg

YOUR FELT DOGS ARE SUPER CUTE! GIMME GIMME! How'd you make them?

Thank you! tumblr_m42rkciWcq1r58lid.png

If I'm not mistaken, the hobby's technically called needle felting and the entire premise is just taking clumps of wool (not sure what kind specifically) and stabbing it into the shape you want with felting needles. To make the basic shapes, you'd just rip off a thing of wool, roll into the approximate shape you wanted, and start poking it. The needles have little grooves in them that help the fibers bind together so, for the most part, you don't really need any glue to fasten anything together. You can use a single needle to shape everything, but my sister has this pen that has three needles on it and it made the shaping process much faster. For the ears and snout, we had a pattern cut out and used those felt sheets you can find at most craft stores for like $1 to make them. (We were going off a book about felt dogs my sister bought so we would know what shape to make the patterns) Though the texture is different, you can still get it to stick if you poke it enough times. My sister said she bought the eyes and noses on Amazon. The eyes had little points on the back and were able to be pressed in, but the noses did need to be glued on. As for the mouths, we just used embroidery thread and a larger sewing needle. Because you are stabbing through something, you do need some sort of padding; we used a foam board, but some people use sponges. The main downside of felting though is that after a while, you'll just be stuck with all these little pointless critters that can potentially take up quite a bit of room. In an attempt to avoid this, my sister ended up crocheting all of her dogs little scarves and made them into ornaments, but mine are just chilling out on my desk taking up space haha If you can get over the frequent finger pricking, it really is a nice little craft. (It is fairly time consuming though. My sister said the first dog she made using a single needle took about four hours, the first one I made took about 2 hours, but I used the pen mostly and didn't have to any patterns or anything. Once you know what you're doing though, you can start and finish one in give or take 90 minutes.)

Kinda let me down a bit buddy

Have you seen the sports news

Ha, I don't watch the show, not really my type of comedy. Kobe? Yeah we knew it was coming, but man, it's tough to swallow that he's really leaving.

once he said it it became sad

We all knew after 5 games that it was over

I won't lie, it was hard to process. Especially after I watched his retirement speech.

I thought he would be more upset about it

Jim buss needs to go after kobe leaves

I didn't because he's realized that it's not worth enduring more pain as his body breaks down. Plus, Kobe is aware of the career he's had, and how you don't see many players share the same experience. It was cool to see him show emotion, and appreciate all that he's done for the NBA. Jim Buss needs to do what's best for the team, and go. Give the keys to Jeanie, and let her control the Lakers in the future. 

OMM Tempted to buy a Xbox One or PS4. Someone help me choose...

Just get a Wii U for its one of a kind first-party games and play the games you wanted to play on an Xbox One or PS4 on a PC instead.

But if you reaaaalllllyyyy don't want to get a Wii U (which means we can't be friends, btw) and are dead-set on either an Xbox or PlayStation, then I can't help you.  I'm not familiar with the similarities and differences between those consoles at all, so I wouldn't be able to give you very good advice.

OMM: My friend convinced me to download Neko Atsume and the app's so pointless--you just sit around and wait for new cats to visit your lot and then take pictures of them. I really like it though...

I hope Tubbs shows up soon