Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

What's on Your Mind?

whoaa, you managed to get your hands on a telescope??

I got really lucky since it was fully overcast only before the moon entered the umbra. Drank some beer apple cider and ate some mooncake as well.

I managed to see a clear sky up until the middle of the eclipse. Then the smattering of clouds came along and blocked the view (only partially since they came and went). But I continued to stay outside anyway. I was staring at the clouds and stars ('twas a nice view) and talking with my sister over the phone about stuff. Life and everything. And then something started welling up inside of me.

It's a shame you couldn't see much of the eclipse because we had a pretty decent view for about an hour or so.

It was a relaxing experience; it made me rethink some things.

OMM: the clouds cleared up and I got to see the moon \o/ It was overcast all day so I was fairly certain I wouldn't get more than a couple glimpses here and there. The moon wasn't nearly as big as I thought it'd be though, it looks to be about the same size but man. .  .. . I haven't seen an eclipse in 10+ years so I'm happy enough with what I got. It's visible right across from my window too. And because there's not a shitton light pollution here I got to stargaze for a little bit and I just.. . .. what a nice end to my uneventful summer tumblr_m42rkciWcq1r58lid.png

i got a clear sky for this one, and since it seemed like i wouldn't be able to see another one like this for a while, i decided to take a look, and it was great.

Went to school at 2 am Monday morning to watch the moon. Looked at it through two small telescopes as well as through the big one in our observatory (then we turned it around and watched Venus rise). The sky was clear as well, so it was just awesome. ;D Well, except for the cold. Then we finished at around 6 am and I went to bed at around 6:30 to 7 am, sleeping for three hours only to return to school for classes beginning at 12 pm through to 3 pm.

@Kenzi: Yeah, I went to Case's "rooftop" observatory on the A.W. Smith Building with the Physics and Astronomy Club.  It's a dingy ol' thing, but beats squinting at the clouds with your eyes.

Everyone's posting about how they saw the moon and I'm just here like

tumblr_inline_my9txcd0yN1qc86gd.gif

(brb attempting to unrustle my salted jimmies)

Tried to see it, but it was too cloudy

k01UHWy.jpg

On My Mind: What a glorious day.

On My Mind #2: Got another 2 family dogs. OMG. Have 4 of them now.

JEALOUSSSS

OMM: An essay prompt asks what I would do in a scenario where someone is cheating, and I have the options to ignore it or go tell the teacher. It's like they're asking for generic responses :V

Wow my classes are spontaneously suspended for a week and now I am sitting aimlessly on what to do in these coming days.. ;_;

350x700px-LL-12029c95_Jimmies-Maximum-Ov

(why are people who don't know what to do with free time the ones who always have it while those who practically have a world to conquer barely have time to sleep??) 

OMM: The Smash Bros Fighter Ballot ends in a few days boiz!  Let your voice be heard and partake in the making of history!

JEALOUSSSS

OMM: An essay prompt asks what I would do in a scenario where someone is cheating, and I have the options to ignore it or go tell the teacher. It's like they're asking for generic responses :V

And we were given another puppy yesterday :P House is becoming a dog clinic :P

Haha, I used to ignore people who are cheating since I used to cheat a little too when I was in highschool. Don't judge me ;___;

On My Mind #1: Switched AVs and my freaking Laptop is lagging alot.

On My Mind #2: I'm not even halfway through on writing the thing :V Need to power through, today.

And we were given another puppy yesterday :P House is becoming a dog clinic :P

What kind of world is this. Do you know what breeds they are? I love dogs so much <333

What kind of world is this. Do you know what breeds they are? I love dogs so much <333

three mongrels (no real breed), one half breed Labrador and one Mini Poodle :3

===

On My Mind: Windows Update is eating too much freaking memory. I'm like what the heck are you updating bruh? :V

OMM 1: I watched a documentary on Louise Brooks and despite being a good 80 some years late, I'm kinda salty her career ended when it did. If she wasn't so adamantly against films with sound and if Paramount hadn't been as snide, she probably would've been a lot more successful and had a much larger impact.  

OMM 2: ...it's really cute how my cat comes and checks on me sometimes tumblr_m42rkciWcq1r58lid.png

damn, just ran into an old friend in the hallways of a testing center

haven't seen the guy in years so we walked around campus, ate lunch together, played catch-up, talked about how our lives were going

it was pretty nice

he also happened to have a OnePlus One on him, so I finally got to see the phone in person

it's a pretty slick phone

gosh, where did the time go; it's been years since I last saw him and he hasn't changed a bit, haha

even though he goes to the school, I honestly didn't expect to see him there

OMM: So COLD. It was like 70-80 degrees two days ago, and now my fingers are falling off.

I KNOW RIGHT?  ISN'T THIS GLORIOUS??  #THANKGODITSNOTSUMMER

(I'm not being sarcastic by the way, I hate the heat and I love the cold.)

OMM1: You know those really really windy autumn days when you wear less than you should on purpose so you can feel the cold biting at your skin?  Those are the best kinds of day.

OMM2: Blood-colored beer-scented barf on the bathroom floor made me take a shower an hour later than usual last night.  Thanks a lot, floormate.

11352185_905414726205058_2038581462_n.jp

(ooh, bonus points for the 4-combo alliteration I made)

OMM 1: I can't believe forgot to post this on Oct 1st (or even yesterday for that matter)

Happy Halloween Eve(x27)

I've already seen xmas stuff out in stores, only a few aisles away from where all the candy is being displayed

OMM 2: I just bought the first two Over the Garden Wall comics; I hope they won't get too bent/wrinkle while they're being shipped....

OMM 3: My favorite arc in the Haikyuu!! manga is gonna start in an episode or two and I'm just really excited to see a bunch of the newer characters animated tumblr_m42rkciWcq1r58lid.png

I can't speak for every depressed person, including Daniel, but I can confirm that that's not a good thing to ask the vast majority of depressed people. Being reminded of your own constant state of unhappiness isn't fun and depending just how ok you're doing the day you're hit with that question, it can throw you off pretty badly for the rest of the day. That and being told or having it implied that one's depression is a bigger problem for someone else than it is for the depressed individual are the main two things I can think of to never say to anyone dealing with the blues. 

Maybe, most people do take little jabs at themselves every once in a while. I'm just being skeptical here but I doubt all of them had no idea Daniel wasn't doing well. You said Ryan's the one he was closer to so I'm assuming that's also who his roommate was. A level of intimacy does come with living with someone since you're now with that person x many hours of any given day. I'm not saying it's impossible they were all in the dark about it because if they didn't know the signs, were busy or out a lot of the time, or if Daniel didn't fit the mold of most severely depressed people or was surprisingly good at hiding it, it's likely his state could've flown under the radar but, you'd probably at least still suspect there's something up with your roommate and close friend. We'll never really know though and whatever the case was won't take any weight off the other guys' shoulders. If anything, if they didn't recognize any of Daniel's possible shown symptoms, they probably just feel worse about not noticing anything despite being around him so much. I feel like I worded this horribly and if I did, I apologize.. . . . 

Yeah, if I'm not mistaken at the time of the video Mark said he was back in Cincinnati and was going to head to where the Cyndago guys' families are to spend time with them. (I think he said it was one of the Carolinas....?) And with Ryan, if he was Daniel's roommate, who knows. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up moving before even considering making videos again. At the very least I imagine he'll probably make appearances in Mark's videos from time to time or help Mark out with behind the scenes stuff like the other guy. If he and the other guy do decide to make videos again, I wonder where they'd go with it. 

Really? Man... That fact just kinda feels like salt in the wound. I hope his friends decision to do a charity event for that kind of organization of all things offered at least some solace to Daniel at the time

Nope, it's just one of those words I use frequently as a sort of less personal term of endearment and a gender neutral term/nickname for others in general. And I might be wrong but, I think you're older than me so there's no way I could be older than someone in their 20s haha

Markiplier is returning back tomorrow! Yayayayay! :P He's also adopting a puppy to lighten up the atmosphere in his workplace :D And the two guys and Mark, from what I heard, will all be returning and staying on one house again back in LA. I'm really glad for Ryan since he's like the one who've been really hit hard by this event.

===

Yeah. I'm gonna agree with you that Daniel's friend somewhat knew his state but I'm gonna say it was a repetitive kind of depression. They have been probably putting it off since it was "repetitive" and they got used to it. Mark and Matt seems to be doing fine now but Ryan (I know that I keep repeating it :P), on the otherhand, he still hasn't moved on (by looking at his twitter. He still posts melodramatic messages).

Ryan won't be moving, from what I've heard from Mark. He'll be staying with the other two and will be making vids with Mark so it's all goods and is way better than being alone on his own. Being an optimist, this may end up being a good thing to his career since Markiplier is a really big and popular channel. So, who knows what's in store for him?

Mark will be making a charity event for Dan's family, which I think is way too much. He doesn't need to do this, IMO ^^;

===

Wait. Aren't you older than me? I'm just 17 and I think almost everyone here is older than me so I deduced, that you are too lol.