Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

What's on Your Mind?

On My Mind #1: Nyaaa, super awesome day! :D I just had too much glucose. xD

On My Mind #2: I'm looking forward to the event tomorrow.

=====

Yeah, when I first joined DCW I didn't have any intention of making any internet friends. I only joined so I could discuss DC with others. Lo and behold, I ended up meeting some really awesome people, and I'm quite grateful for that as well. As long as you're not freely spilling out personal information and your social media, there's not much to be afraid of. I've encountered my fair share of psychos and pedos but all I had to do was flag or block them. I guess the experience of meeting them was a bit jarring but I don't think it's that big of a deal. I mean, for all you know, I could be a 67 year old serial killer under a teenage facade. I could be your worst nightmare.

Haha, it's a shame some of the old DCW members aren't as active anymore. I would've loved to talk to them. 

As for my "ordeal", long story short, I used to be a graphics artist on a YouTube channel. I made loads of friends on there and built the channel up enough to make myself a name in the community I was in, but the channel got hacked. I lost almost all contact with these people and it was as if everything I put into the channel never happened. Being a YouTuber was a good experience though since I learned a lot. Got my channel partnered, got paid for my work on occasion, and made a bit of money off of my videos. I'm just a little ticked off that my channel is gone now.

Since you said you were an Indie Developer, I assumed that you had something planned out already--which is why I mentioned the Kickstarter campaign. Isn't it kinda hard to gain followers if you don't have a project yet? That'd probably be my main concern at first. And I'm sure you know this already, but never beg for anything. Your reputation and humility is far more important than a few people who followed you out of pity.

A solo Dev? If I were you, I'd gather a team of people and start from there. Programmer, designer, treasurer/promoter, etc. Your project will end up getting a ton more exposure right off the bat, haha.

That's like every forumer's story :P They just wanna discuss stuffs and they end up leaving the community with a bunch of new friends. It's a cliche. xD
Yeah, true. One must avoid spilling info or they are in some danger, lol. Heh, I rather not make new totally anonymous internet friends anymore than to meet more people like this and kinda get attached and just end up knowing that they're just pure trolls.

I see.

Oh... I remember reading that in your bio. I mean the thing about you being a Graphic Artist. Welp, Did you report about this stuff on Google? I mean they could have probably tried helping you out. Oh btw, since your Youtube Account was hacked that means it's still active, isn't it?

Anyways, I remember watching one of the videos by Markiplier where he stated that he had a first youtube account where it reached a substantial amount of subscribers but thing is, he got banned by Google for violating Copyrights and he like gave up on the whole Youtube thing since he completely lost contact to the community he built. So he suffered the same thing as you did but difference is yours got hacked.

Anyways, his friends pushed him to make another Youtube account under the name that is somewhat close to his older account's. In all goodness, everyone who subscribed to his old channel before did really subscribe to his new channel. He reuploaded every video he had in his first channel and gah... those every single subscriber took time to 'like' every single video again. And this is amazing. And, hah, just look at his channel now. He's one of the most subscribed youtubers, currently.

Relating to your 'ordeal', I dunno. But did you try creating another Youtube account under a name that is somewhat close to your old one's and reuploaded every video you had? Those people who subscribed  to you before might have actually jumped back on to your new youtube account and things might have went smooth again. But I dunno. You probably done that already with no luck.

----

Of course, I always plan ahead. I never just dive in without any plans. Nah, thing is with Kickstarter is that you must be somewhat 18 (I read their terms and conditions) and they really verify that, I think. So yeah, I'm out of question. I don't want to get to any legal trouble even if other says they don't actually verify your age. Plus, I remember that Kickstarter doesn't support my country but yeah, of course there are alternative mass fund raising campaign websites out there that supports my country. Same thing tho, must be 18.

And also, haha, I just don't know what I would really do with the money that I will get from such campaigns since I don't have much idea about anything on Indie Development and I don't have a super intricate plan. I only plan ideas, generally.  Also, I don't think the idea that I have is appealing and will benefit anyone since it's just something something. So yeah, I'm sure that there will be no pledges made nor any exposure. Haha.

I already finished something and I didn't have any budget for it haha :P I didn't have actual solid plan on how I'll promote. I'm just like, screw it. I'll read an article about how to promote my thing with limited to no budget. Well tho, I realized it's almost impossible to do. You're never gonna get that much exposure no matter how hard you try without any actual financial investment (on advertising on google ads for example). There might be one to two in a million developers who somewhat gets lucky and just explodes but it's never gonna be you.

And I have actual long term projects in mind, thing is gah... parent's expectations. I feel like that I must prove to them withing a specific time frame that I made the right choice about dropping out of college by having a stable income or something. If I can't do that, I have no idea what's gonna happen to me really. So, I'm  like rushing everything out but thing is nothing good comes out of rush so it's really sad. Plus, just can't ask them for money. I mean I dropped out and asking for financial backing would be just too much BS for them.

Yup, haha. I know. I'll never trade my dignity for anything. I actually see some people who markets their thingies successfully by spamming others sad though, coz I'll never do that.

---

I know that having a team is better since there is an off loading of duties so one would just completely focus their attention on this and one on that. And there just tends to be more motivation when you are in a team compared to being alone. But as I said, I wanna learn the ropes on my own for now since if I'll ever be in a dev team. It's pretty sure already, I'm gonna be the acting leader :P (I just don't like working for others. I mean I can work for others but still. ( I know it's a bad trait. :P)) So yeah, some, of course, in the team will be like looking up at you and ask you what to do. And I don't want to be that person to say "I really have no idea what to do. I've never faced this before" since I'm the freaking leader.

And also, I'm still below the legal age. I'm still 17. So in majority of the country, I cannot work yet. (Here, I can) Heck, I don't even have a paypal or bank account. Everything, actually, is on the behalf and approval of my older brother. I use his paypal to recieve monies and he is also the one who's gonna receive the cheque if I ever earn anything. He's the only one that I could really rely on to this stuffs.

Welp, summary is my life is freaking hard right now. :V I just hope nothing or no one adds more to the problem.

^Didn't check for any spelling or grammatical errors.

jk, I was always 16...I think...

OMM: What happens in the afterlife? Or do we reincarnate? Maybe, my whole life was just a dream...

Everyone is not who they claim to be D:

On My Mind: Going to some occasion today. Hope its going to be great :D

OMM: I'm going to a party hosted by my classmates. I only know like 7 of them and am friends with 1.

sayno-257x300.png

OMM: What happens in the afterlife? Or do we reincarnate? Maybe, my whole life was just a dream...

Row row row your boat

Gently down the stream~

Merrily merrily merrily merrily

Life is but a dream~~~

(inb4 the stream is the river Styx and this thread becomes 3deep5me)

OMM - Sleeping while eating? Such a boss.

OMM2 - Wonderful schedule for tomorrow! Have to be at university by 9 AM and last class is up 'til 9 PM! Woopee!

After-effect of caffeine bruh. :P

---

On My Mind: I'll probably play some Horror Games right now.

OMM: whoa, Nintendo's president Satoru Iwata just died. He was only 55 too... RIP

"On my business card, I'm a company president... But my mind's that of a game developer... And at heart, I am a gamer." -- Satoru Iwata, December 6, 1959 - July 11, 2015

Not gonna lie, this is getting me very very emotional.  Crap, I think I'm going to cry.........

Facebook's definitely a lot more private.  Anyone with enough dedication could dig through just about anyone's twitter. Due to how casual twitter is though, anyone willing to snoop would probably have to dig through a lot of mundane tweets before finding anything interesting. Yeah if don't feel the need to share little things that happen throughout your day or don't want to be active in a fandom, personal twitters aren't that appealing and are easy to forget about. those kinds of tweets are what make twitter great though

Almost 2 million euros? Wow... that's a ton of money and the fact that it's not even close to the goal is mindblowing. It is pretty amazing some average guy set it up and random samaritans donated to it despite there being no way it would reach the goal though.

No one seems to know what'll happen to Greece. It sounds like Greece leaving the euro would be bad but them staying on the euro is probably hurting the euro (...maybe? I'm assuming it would. I don't understand economics). It also seems that this is a problem that Greece has had for a while so fixing its economy will probably be a long process  :wacko:

lol, that's pretty much the reason why I don't have a Twitter. I used to be in a few fandoms (just thinking about it makes me want to shoot myself), but I think tumblr would be more fitting? I've always wanted to try out tumblr (some of the posts I've seen are absolutely golden) but I'm afraid that my productivity levels will drop quite a bit if I decide to join (jk, my productivity levels are practically nonexistent at this point). 

I have little to no knowledge about economics (planning to take the class this coming school year) so I don't have much to say about Greece's crisis. Most people around here aren't making a big deal about it though, so it's kinda hard for me to get an idea of how serious it really is. I googled it and some think that it's worse than the Great Depression?

I wish I could stay in bed all day. Actually I do. Most of the day. Then I get out at night.

just wanted to comment on your username, lol

That's like every forumer's story :P They just wanna discuss stuffs and they end up leaving the community with a bunch of new friends. It's a cliche. xD

Yeah, true. One must avoid spilling info or they are in some danger, lol. Heh, I rather not make new totally anonymous internet friends anymore than to meet more people like this and kinda get attached and just end up knowing that they're just pure trolls.

I see.

Oh... I remember reading that in your bio. I mean the thing about you being a Graphic Artist. Welp, Did you report about this stuff on Google? I mean they could have probably tried helping you out. Oh btw, since your Youtube Account was hacked that means it's still active, isn't it?

Anyways, I remember watching one of the videos by Markiplier where he stated that he had a first youtube account where it reached a substantial amount of subscribers but thing is, he got banned by Google for violating Copyrights and he like gave up on the whole Youtube thing since he completely lost contact to the community he built. So he suffered the same thing as you did but difference is yours got hacked.

Anyways, his friends pushed him to make another Youtube account under the name that is somewhat close to his older account's. In all goodness, everyone who subscribed to his old channel before did really subscribe to his new channel. He reuploaded every video he had in his first channel and gah... those every single subscriber took time to 'like' every single video again. And this is amazing. And, hah, just look at his channel now. He's one of the most subscribed youtubers, currently.

Relating to your 'ordeal', I dunno. But did you try creating another Youtube account under a name that is somewhat close to your old one's and reuploaded every video you had? Those people who subscribed  to you before might have actually jumped back on to your new youtube account and things might have went smooth again. But I dunno. You probably done that already with no luck.

----

Of course, I always plan ahead. I never just dive in without any plans. Nah, thing is with Kickstarter is that you must be somewhat 18 (I read their terms and conditions) and they really verify that, I think. So yeah, I'm out of question. I don't want to get to any legal trouble even if other says they don't actually verify your age. Plus, I remember that Kickstarter doesn't support my country but yeah, of course there are alternative mass fund raising campaign websites out there that supports my country. Same thing tho, must be 18.

And also, haha, I just don't know what I would really do with the money that I will get from such campaigns since I don't have much idea about anything on Indie Development and I don't have a super intricate plan. I only plan ideas, generally.  Also, I don't think the idea that I have is appealing and will benefit anyone since it's just something something. So yeah, I'm sure that there will be no pledges made nor any exposure. Haha.

I already finished something and I didn't have any budget for it haha :P I didn't have actual solid plan on how I'll promote. I'm just like, screw it. I'll read an article about how to promote my thing with limited to no budget. Well tho, I realized it's almost impossible to do. You're never gonna get that much exposure no matter how hard you try without any actual financial investment (on advertising on google ads for example). There might be one to two in a million developers who somewhat gets lucky and just explodes but it's never gonna be you.

And I have actual long term projects in mind, thing is gah... parent's expectations. I feel like that I must prove to them withing a specific time frame that I made the right choice about dropping out of college by having a stable income or something. If I can't do that, I have no idea what's gonna happen to me really. So, I'm  like rushing everything out but thing is nothing good comes out of rush so it's really sad. Plus, just can't ask them for money. I mean I dropped out and asking for financial backing would be just too much BS for them.

Yup, haha. I know. I'll never trade my dignity for anything. I actually see some people who markets their thingies successfully by spamming others sad though, coz I'll never do that.

---

I know that having a team is better since there is an off loading of duties so one would just completely focus their attention on this and one on that. And there just tends to be more motivation when you are in a team compared to being alone. But as I said, I wanna learn the ropes on my own for now since if I'll ever be in a dev team. It's pretty sure already, I'm gonna be the acting leader :P (I just don't like working for others. I mean I can work for others but still. ( I know it's a bad trait. :P)) So yeah, some, of course, in the team will be like looking up at you and ask you what to do. And I don't want to be that person to say "I really have no idea what to do. I've never faced this before" since I'm the freaking leader.

And also, I'm still below the legal age. I'm still 17. So in majority of the country, I cannot work yet. (Here, I can) Heck, I don't even have a paypal or bank account. Everything, actually, is on the behalf and approval of my older brother. I use his paypal to recieve monies and he is also the one who's gonna receive the cheque if I ever earn anything. He's the only one that I could really rely on to this stuffs.

Welp, summary is my life is freaking hard right now. :V I just hope nothing or no one adds more to the problem.

^Didn't check for any spelling or grammatical errors.

I've already spilled enough info about myself around here, haha. And I've never actually met a catfisher before, or at least I don't think I have? It's way too much work to pretend to be someone you're not, so I generally trust people when they talk about themselves. DCW doesn't seem like the kind of place that attracts catfishers either since this forum is pretty laidback. You're probably not going to end up meeting any "pure trolls" around these parts.

My channel was suspended from violating their guidelines even though I wasn't active on my account the day before. I received an email saying that there was a suspicious sign-in, which led me to believe that I was hacked, and that it was the hacker who got my account suspended. Google was absolutely no help when I contacted them about this. I managed to get my account back for one day, then they suspended my account again without warning even though I had proof that I was hacked. So to answer your question, nope. Everything's gone. Videos, channel, everything. 

I've seen loads people restart their channels, but rarely any of them were successful in bringing their channels back to their former glory. Plus, I was entering my junior year at the time so there was no way in hell I'd have time to restore my channel. I've accepted that it's gone now. I'm just really grateful that I was fortunate enough to be able to experience what it was like to be a YouTuber. I've also learned quite a bit from this experience (lots of RL uses in ways you'd never expect).

I guess you would use that money to hire people and buy the equipment you'd need to build your project, haha. If people like your idea, they'll donate (you would need really good advertising and perks though). And you never know unless you try! Maybe give it a shot once you're of legal age and try another fundraising campaign since Kickstarter doesn't work in your country, lol.

Hmm, why not get a job then? It's good that you have some long term projects in mind, but if I were you, I'd feel a lot safer if I had a job to fall back on--even if it's minimum wage. I know you mentioned that you're below the legal age (weird, since the minimum age around here is 14), but you also mentioned that "here I can". So does that mean you can get a job?

It's also good that you're a natural born leader, but it's a lot easier when the work is split evenly throughout the group. Asking for each other's help will be a lot easier because if you don't know how to do something, someone else might. And if no one knows how, you guys can problem solve as a team. I like being on equal terms with everyone because it feels more like a teamwork project rather than having one person pulling all the weight. I don't enjoy bossing people around, nor do I enjoy being bossed around (mainly depends on the circumstance though). To each his own, lol.

The only reason I have a PayPal is because of YouTube. I was forced to get one if I was going to get paid. Which also led me to getting a debit card so I could reap the full benefits of the site. Definitely get one. I've had instances when my sister had to borrow my PayPal account because she didn't have one, haha.  

Well, whatever you end up doing, I hope it goes well! 

OMM: whoa, Nintendo's president Satoru Iwata just died. He was only 55 too... RIP

"On my business card, I'm a company president... But my mind's that of a game developer... And at heart, I am a gamer." -- Satoru Iwata, December 6, 1959 - July 11, 2015

Not gonna lie, this is getting me very very emotional.  Crap, I think I'm going to cry.........

;~;

>enters into fetal position

Edited by Kenzi

Crap, I think I'm going to cry.........

I got real close to crying earlier because of this picture and because my tumblr dash is almost entirely iwata stuff currently

tumblr_nrejewTX9x1qjfcy0o1_540.png

lol, that's pretty much the reason why I don't have a Twitter. I used to be in a few fandoms (just thinking about it makes me want to shoot myself), but I think tumblr would be more fitting? I've always wanted to try out tumblr (some of the posts I've seen are absolutely golden) but I'm afraid that my productivity levels will drop quite a bit if I decide to join (jk, my productivity levels are practically nonexistent at this point). 

I have little to no knowledge about economics (planning to take the class this coming school year) so I don't have much to say about Greece's crisis. Most people around here aren't making a big deal about it though, so it's kinda hard for me to get an idea of how serious it really is. I googled it and some think that it's worse than the Great Depression?

;~;

>enters into fetal position

Fandoms are only bad if you don't know how to avoid the fans that are really loud. If you can find people around your age though, fandoms can be pretty enjoyable. Tumblr's pretty great and you can't really find similar humor on any other site (at least not to my knowledge..) but it is really time consuming orz

Yeah it is kinda hard to gauge how serious it is since the news hasn't been as focused on it lately. With the Great Depression comparisons, I don't know how accurate they are but at the pique of the Great Depression, the US's unemployment rate was just below 25% and Greece's current unemployment rate is 25% (not linking because you can literally google it) so they do share some similarities 

posts unwanted opinion on social media accounts here*

I mainly use my personal Twitter account, because I like how you can just tidbits of thought there that nobody will understand (heck, I think when I look back at those tidbits, I will have absolutely no idea what I was referring to). Posting consecutively doesn't feel annoying like it does on Facebook (which I barely use).

Ask.fm is no. Who's liking all these Selena Gomez and Pakalu Papito posts?? I will find you, and KILL YOU!

DCW's like this secret haven that my parents don't know about because they would kill me if they found out I still use this. :/

On the topic of fandoms, Tumblr might be the best place to go. It contains nice fanart of just about every fandom. However, I don't think you could have a coherent conversation about the work there. I'd go to a forum dedicated to this work (like DCW) or 4chan for that. 4chan has a bad rep, probably because of /b/ and the trolls there, but once you get used to on the rude atmosphere, you can get coherent conversation.

OMM: Heyy, Gravity Falls is returning!

OMM2: About to lose bragging rights :(

OMM3: @AL: username :o

On the topic of strawberries and bananas, I prefer the former. Bananas I only like fried (and that annoying person likes bananas, aughh).

OMM: The fact that I did not see a future version of me during those moments means one of these things:

1. Time travel will not become a reality in my lifetime.

2. Time travel does not work like how I think it works.

3. I was not allowed to time travel to those moments.

OMM 1: tornado warnings are always fun, especially when they wake you up from your nap tumblr_m42quperIZ1r58lid.jpg

OMM 2: happy (belated) national french fry day!

I've already spilled enough info about myself around here, haha. And I've never actually met a catfisher before, or at least I don't think I have? It's way too much work to pretend to be someone you're not, so I generally trust people when they talk about themselves. DCW doesn't seem like the kind of place that attracts catfishers either since this forum is pretty laidback. You're probably not going to end up meeting any "pure trolls" around these parts.

My channel was suspended from violating their guidelines even though I wasn't active on my account the day before. I received an email saying that there was a suspicious sign-in, which led me to believe that I was hacked, and that it was the hacker who got my account suspended. Google was absolutely no help when I contacted them about this. I managed to get my account back for one day, then they suspended my account again without warning even though I had proof that I was hacked. So to answer your question, nope. Everything's gone. Videos, channel, everything. 

I've seen loads people restart their channels, but rarely any of them were successful in bringing their channels back to their former glory. Plus, I was entering my junior year at the time so there was no way in hell I'd have time to restore my channel. I've accepted that it's gone now. I'm just really grateful that I was fortunate enough to be able to experience what it was like to be a YouTuber. I've also learned quite a bit from this experience (lots of RL uses in ways you'd never expect).

I guess you would use that money to hire people and buy the equipment you'd need to build your project, haha. If people like your idea, they'll donate (you would need really good advertising and perks though). And you never know unless you try! Maybe give it a shot once you're of legal age and try another fundraising campaign since Kickstarter doesn't work in your country, lol.

Hmm, why not get a job then? It's good that you have some long term projects in mind, but if I were you, I'd feel a lot safer if I had a job to fall back on--even if it's minimum wage. I know you mentioned that you're below the legal age (weird, since the minimum age around here is 14), but you also mentioned that "here I can". So does that mean you can get a job?

It's also good that you're a natural born leader, but it's a lot easier when the work is split evenly throughout the group. Asking for each other's help will be a lot easier because if you don't know how to do something, someone else might. And if no one knows how, you guys can problem solve as a team. I like being on equal terms with everyone because it feels more like a teamwork project rather than having one person pulling all the weight. I don't enjoy bossing people around, nor do I enjoy being bossed around (mainly depends on the circumstance though). To each his own, lol.

The only reason I have a PayPal is because of YouTube. I was forced to get one if I was going to get paid. Which also led me to getting a debit card so I could reap the full benefits of the site. Definitely get one. I've had instances when my sister had to borrow my PayPal account because she didn't have one, haha.  

Well, whatever you end up doing, I hope it goes well! 

Well, I guess so. I probably won't meet any ":pure trolls" here.

I see now. Meh, just expected from Google. This is really why it's hard to work with large corporations like this. They just can cut you off without giving much detail on why they did that. But, oh well.

Hmm... Okay then.

I already have some plans on using Kickstarter in the future actually when I'm in the legal age. I mean it's not like I'm risking something if I give it a shot.

Haha, I can but I'm too lazy to do so. I would definitely get a job, I think. Also, it's not that easy to get a job even for a minimum rate since as I said, I'm not studying college right now which for some freaking reason is a requirement even for most of the minimum waged jobs but thanks for reminding me anyways. I'll probably checking on some stuffs, right now :P

I would surely split the work load and that's the reason why I'll make a dev team & pursue business, in the future. I mean what's the point of making one if I'll do it all by myself? :P

Meh, I don't enjoy bossing around other people either. It's just that I believe that allowing people to do what they want to do and allowing them to make mistakes really does improve people and also promotes creativity and positivity. I mean I can be authorative if like someone breaches the boundaries I have placed but other than that, I'm gonna be surely democratic. But well, I still like to be the one who has the final say in everything or the main decision maker, whatever.

And, Haha, who likes being bossed around anyways? Everybody hates bossy individuals. They're like the ones who accumulates alot of secret haters and death threats. :P

I thought you also need Credit Card other than Debit one for PayPal? But anyways, I would surely do soon since I would really need it plus where in the internet age :P. I'm gonna have to make a bank account and get a credit card first tho which costs something something and I also have to ask my parents about this first since it needs parental consent if you're under 18. :V

Well, thanks again :3

---

On My Mind: Welp, for some reason my laptop's wifi module is malfunctioning this time around. Why are my gadgets starting to rally against me? D:

OMM: Finally started playing Splatoon a few days ago, and though I sucked initially because I've never truly played a third person shooter before, I'm hooked.  Real bad.  Like, drugs bad.  Like, alienated all my other video games to play it bad.  Somebody help me...........

post-26233-mickey-mouse-up-all-night-gam

OMM 1: hour 29: fridge still malfunctioning, my hope that most of the food in there will make it through this dwindles with each coming hour.

this house is literally only 10 months old why are all the new kitchen appliances breaking this isnt fair

OMM 2: I've had this really strong urge to play acnl recently but I haven't been on in over a year and I'm scared,,,