Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

What's on Your Mind?

I don't watch DC :)

v

Not possible :P When you joined DCW, my sister doesn't know how to use the internet :P Plus, she doesn't watch DC.

I don't watch anymore... Though I do want to catch up on bo cases...

omg yey ur bak

marathoned a bit myself, hehehe..

Ping Pong the Animation best animu

Yuuupp, we have a lot of catching up to do, hahah.

My next response is going to be unbelievably long, so sorry in advance...

I don't watch anymore... Though I do want to catch up on bo cases...

tumblr_n13kti1Dws1shtg7lo1_r2_400.gif

Kyuu randomly posting like it ain't nobody's business.

(Jesus Christ man, deactivate stealth mode already.)

OMM: Can somebody post something in this thread, even if it's kinda spammy?  I need to post my spring season final thoughts as well as summer season initial impressions.

I posted a while ago that I was vacationing to Disney World, but it seems that OMM went unnoticed by most.

So yeah. it's been about two weeks but I'm pretty much back.  Need to catch up on my animu, though.

OMM: Marathoning all these episode ones of summer anime is so satisfying.  It's so good to be back home!

huhhuh nice nice

What's DW like ;D Also, any anime you could recommend, if you don't mind?

Why. Why can my grandparents get an A/C they didn't even install but I can't get a laptop saying one with Windows XP will do.

Why. Why can my grandparents get an A/C they didn't even install but I can't get a laptop saying one with Windows XP will do.

They didn't know that the XP support was ended long time ago. Is A/C was a game?

huhhuh nice nice

What's DW like ;D Also, any anime you could recommend, if you don't mind?

It's nice, but Orlando in the summer is unbearably hot.  I'd recommend visiting during winter break, if you can help it.

As soon as I post my final thoughts on the spring anime in the Anime-This-Season thread, I'll write an initial impression review of the new summer anime which can also work as recommendations.

(after I post my quick reviews about the spring anime, I'm going to need someone to post something so I can write up my summer impressions without double posting)

Well, it depends on the theme on the signature. I can do glow effect in the same time.

Two years I'm using CS6.

I just edited your image to give you an idea of what I meant (sorry if it's a bit sloppy. I was kinda speeding through it with a mild headache)

CdMKW5L.png

-refined edges around Conan and Ran

-added an inner shadow to Conan and Ran

-evened out color pallet throughout image

-removed where username used to be

-added username to bottom right corner of image

and in case you aren't a fan of the even color pallet, I made another one that kept most of the original coloring:

YsnZjOv.png

-toned down Conan and Ran's jacket color because it stood out too much

-added graphic flare onto username

I'm not sure what your "theme" is, so these edits I made were just in my taste.

I used to use CS6, but the .dll file of the program got deleted after I cleaned out my PC (the computer thought it was a virus file and deleted it automatically even though I didn't have problems with my PC for months). I still have CS6 on my PC, but it's useless without the .dll file. I only have CS5 that's properly working now, but I do my main editing on Pixlr.

Well, I'm also not that interested in making new friends anymore with a "completely anonymous Internet person", actually :P I never ever ever really joined another social site or forums or whatever on the internet, for the sake of making new friends or discussing a bunch of stuffs, other than this site. It's just that I have developed this unexplainable fear throughout my journey on the internet that the person I'm talking to might be actually a psycho, a criminal, a schizophrenic person, a backstabber or any other crap or just someone who is a fake or using escapism. Haha, I could actually be one of them since you don't have any actual proof that I'm a real person. :P

Heck, the old members here who is still active knows how many times I've left DCW. I never stated any actual reason behind but the truth is, I left DCW becoz of these stuffs getting into my head. Still, I return to this place lol, after awhile :P

But I'm still open to befriending Internet people as long as they have a logical proof that they're someone you can trust just as much as a person IRL. Just like a startup youtuber in twitter who has their voice and facecam on videos. I just don't think these kinds of people could actually be a criminal or an escapist, lol. Just who the heck is dumb enough  to show off their identity knowing that they're actually not real? :P Same goes with other internet people who does stuffs which really risks their real identity or their reputation.

(GAH... THIS IS GONNA BE A LONG POST AGAIN :3)

Heh, I'm also curious... ehrmm... may I know what this last ordeal is? :3

----

Twitter is also a good way to have a personalized news source :3 Kinda true about Kickstarter campaigns but the thing is the real purpose of it is to raise money and also one must has a really appealing project.

On Twitter being a platform for those people who are already established, yes, that's actually true. Most of the people who joins are already established but as for me, who of course is just starting up, I didn't make my twitter account to actually beg for publicity or beg to be followed. I made my twitter in case that in the future if I ever become somewhat established ("IF" :P I'm not delusional.), I don't need to hassle myself in making a twitter account and knowing how to tweet lol. :P

Plus, it's Advertising 101. xD Have a twitter or any social media platform so that if you ever have gathered a following who actually follows you for your product and if you are about to release something new, you don't actually need to promote your product super hard like when you started. Just tweet/post about it and your product will have a guaranteed success. :P

----

Haha, I already encountered some people who actually begs for follow or retweets lol :P I really feel bad about them lol since only few actually gives in to their requests :P

---

Nah, I'm a solo Dev and I'm still very new.  :P Well, I don't think I'll be working with anyone in the near future haha. it's not because I'm egoistic or something or I'm Mr. I can do it all. xD

It's just that I want to learn the ropes on my own, for now. I'm currently doing everything by myself lol. Development, Promotion and some other related stuffs. It's super tiring. But yeah, ofc, I'll form my own Dev Team and work with other people in the far future and probably start a business on it and cause a chain reaction, lol :P

Meh... I'm chattering.

(spoilers to save space)

Yeah, when I first joined DCW I didn't have any intention of making any internet friends. I only joined so I could discuss DC with others. Lo and behold, I ended up meeting some really awesome people, and I'm quite grateful for that as well. As long as you're not freely spilling out personal information and your social media, there's not much to be afraid of. I've encountered my fair share of psychos and pedos but all I had to do was flag or block them. I guess the experience of meeting them was a bit jarring but I don't think it's that big of a deal. I mean, for all you know, I could be a 67 year old serial killer under a teenage facade. I could be your worst nightmare.

Haha, it's a shame some of the old DCW members aren't as active anymore. I would've loved to talk to them. 

As for my "ordeal", long story short, I used to be a graphics artist on a YouTube channel. I made loads of friends on there and built the channel up enough to make myself a name in the community I was in, but the channel got hacked. I lost almost all contact with these people and it was as if everything I put into the channel never happened. Being a YouTuber was a good experience though since I learned a lot. Got my channel partnered, got paid for my work on occasion, and made a bit of money off of my videos. I'm just a little ticked off that my channel is gone now.

Since you said you were an Indie Developer, I assumed that you had something planned out already--which is why I mentioned the Kickstarter campaign. Isn't it kinda hard to gain followers if you don't have a project yet? That'd probably be my main concern at first. And I'm sure you know this already, but never beg for anything. Your reputation and humility is far more important than a few people who followed you out of pity.

A solo Dev? If I were you, I'd gather a team of people and start from there. Programmer, designer, treasurer/promoter, etc. Your project will end up getting a ton more exposure right off the bat, haha.

Yuuupp, we have a lot of catching up to do, hahah.

My next response is going to be unbelievably long, so sorry in advance...

OMM: Can somebody post something in this thread, even if it's kinda spammy?  I need to post my spring season final thoughts as well as summer season initial impressions.

there's no need to apologize for that, lol

take as much time as you need!

and I gotchu, heh.

I can't seem to get on the DCTP forums or main site the last few days. Does anyone else have this problem?

1VuAGfz.png?1

--

OMM: Pixlr finally removed that obnoxious ad that covered up a third of the usual workspace :')

ty Pixlr, you da real mvp

even though you guys shouldn't have placed the ad there in the first place but hey, I ain't complaining

OMM 1: wait a second, I go back to school Monday. I'm not emotionally ready for my break to be over yet though tumblr_m42quycKpl1r58lid.gif

OMM 2: I asked the haircut lady for 3 inches off but I got like 4 inches off because she couldn't get it even and now I look like a middle aged mom

tumblr_m42rsz2qH91r58lid.png

I've never had a Twitter account, so I don't have much say in this. I just prefer fb's variety (and the fact that most of my friends use it). Plus, it's also possible to make your account private on fb, making it a lot harder for outsiders to stalk profiles. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've seen it seems really easy to pry through Twitter accounts that aren't on private. And while it's true that it's easy to access past posts with fb's timeline feature, if you're not fb friends with the person it's rather hard to "stalk" him/her. Even if I were to get a Twitter, it's most likely going to sit in the dust, haha. It's not in my nature to tweet or post statuses in the spur of the moment. I can't help but feel bad for the people who end up having their posts pedestaled and ridiculed by the internet for posting something like "i want my first daughter to be a girl." 

Hmm, well the Indiegogo campaign didn't reach it's goal but it's not like that was unexpected. I was more surprised from the money it actually managed to raise. Still not even close to the goal, but nearly 2 million euros? That's freaking insane. And the fact that some random guy from the UK set this up himself. I think that's pretty noteworthy, so good on the people who donated. I'm not sure what's going to happen to Greece at this point, but I guess there's not much we can do other than wait it out.

geezus, comparable to the US's Great Depression?

Facebook's definitely a lot more private.  Anyone with enough dedication could dig through just about anyone's twitter. Due to how casual twitter is though, anyone willing to snoop would probably have to dig through a lot of mundane tweets before finding anything interesting. Yeah if don't feel the need to share little things that happen throughout your day or don't want to be active in a fandom, personal twitters aren't that appealing and are easy to forget about. those kinds of tweets are what make twitter great though

Almost 2 million euros? Wow... that's a ton of money and the fact that it's not even close to the goal is mindblowing. It is pretty amazing some average guy set it up and random samaritans donated to it despite there being no way it would reach the goal though.

No one seems to know what'll happen to Greece. It sounds like Greece leaving the euro would be bad but them staying on the euro is probably hurting the euro (...maybe? I'm assuming it would. I don't understand economics). It also seems that this is a problem that Greece has had for a while so fixing its economy will probably be a long process  :wacko:

^ Look at you all grown up. :P

OMM: Not getting out of bed for an entire day brings about headaches, apparently. 

I wish I could stay in bed all day. Actually I do. Most of the day. Then I get out at night.

As for the guy dabbling with Photoshop making signatures, you should join a GFX forum. I don't recommend Sig-Lab since they got shit tons of members and barely anyone cares about new members form my experience. They got tons of resources though, used to download their +SLL Resource Packs. I'd recommend OneCanvas though, seems like a friendly community. Although, it isn't as active as Sig-Lab or say GFX200.

OMM - Bored af. Can't say I'm happy with all the time-wasting I've been doing.

We talkin' bout Twitter? Follow me y'all @_edzxc lol. Nah, just kidding 'tis my personal account.

_____

As for the guy dabbling with Photoshop making signatures, you should join a GFX forum. I don't recommend Sig-Lab since they got shit tons of members and barely anyone cares about new members form my experience. They got tons of resources though, used to download their +SLL Resource Packs. I'd recommend OneCanvas though, seems like a friendly community. Although, it isn't as active as Sig-Lab or say GFX200.

Psst... Can you go online on FB? I'll just tell you something.

I wish I could stay in bed all day. Actually I do. Most of the day. Then I get out at night.

And you just got 4000 post!

I make signature just for fun.

OMM: No F1 in my TV channel.

• Upvote 1