Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

What's on Your Mind?

@MK: Do you think reading a book or watching a movie while in bed helps? I've never tried that, so I don't know. Otherwise you'll just have to try not to think and focus on sleeping instead, if you know what I mean. Like emptying your mind. I've tried that a few times and it's worked for me.

Then again I've never had insomnia, just bad sleep-cycles.

I believe there is going to be a World War III at the end of this year..

What kind of BS "believe" is that? :V

@MK: Do you think reading a book or watching a movie while in bed helps? I've never tried that, so I don't know. Otherwise you'll just have to try not to think and focus on sleeping instead, if you know what I mean. Like emptying your mind. I've tried that a few times and it's worked for me.

Then again I've never had insomnia, just bad sleep-cycles.

I do believe so. I sleep easily more when I watch something before I go to sleep.

Haha, does counting sheeps still work? :P

I have insomia since I was a child.

OMM 1: "400. That’s an error. Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request. That’s all we know." ....I don't know what I did but that's a fairly ominous error message 

OMM 2: gonna try to shrink one of my shirts in the washer 

hope I don't mess this up because I haven't even gotten to wear it yet

That's true. Well their interests doesn't really matter. It's just that if I have never talked to them before, I think I shouldn't follow them. It's just like FB all over again :P Befriending bunch of random people xD

Yeah now that I think about it, having a bunch of people you don't even talk to on your timeline does seem a little pointless  :blink:

Well I was it was after I triggered the flag for the School Friend to talk to him about a confession plan (there is a hint of a galge in it between the 'gaming' visual novel bits) but I turned it off after saving after climbing the seventh floor of Tartarus. OTL I only have two Personas, want to collect a bit more before I try out the fusions. I don't know why I play this when I refuse to play Pokemon anywhere besides GBA/NDS. :P

I've read Persona 4's manga, maybe I will depending on how long it takes to finish Persona 3's both parts (Journey + Answer).

confession plan..? Are you talking about Kenji? The irritating kid with the crush on the one teacher?

Also, when you need to start saving people in Tartarus, you might want to use a guide to make sure you don't skip any because if you miss certain ones you'll lose the chance to get certain social links. --What version of P3 are you playing btw? I played P3 Portable. 

And ah I see. I haven't read the P4 manga but I'm assuming it doesn't stray too far from the game itself. I found P4 a lot more enjoyable than P3 to be honest. Like P3's not a bad game at all but P4 was a lot easier for me to sink more time into. 

I do dislike my high school self to an extent. It's just that I don't spend much time dwelling on it, haha.

Yeah, I sometimes catch a few people posting some really cringe-worthy statuses whenever they're in a mood on fb. Especially ones that dive into personal problems in the most passive aggressive way possible. I understand that the same could happen on practically all social media, but I feel like it's a bigger problem on sites like Twitter since your whole timeline is basically dedicated to whatever you tweet+retweet (same could be said for fb, but status posting usually isn't as frequent).

And I heard that Greece is being cut off of sites like the Apple Store and PayPal in order to prevent money from leaving the country. yikes.

ahaha, marionettes?

interesting idea, I'll keep it in mind

thanks!

I don't try to dwell on it too much but the ignorant things I said when I was 14 still haunt me a little bit

People not using their actual names on twitter probably does make it more likely for anybody to say something personal. But from what I've noticed at least is that quite a few people have fandom accounts and then locked, personal accounts that they only let their friends have access to. Because of that, if people do post stupid stuff, a lot of it seems to be on those personal accounts so there's not too many consequences. There's also favorites on twitter which a lot of people seem to use instead of RT-ing more personal things. If you scroll through Cross the Line's page, most of the tweets probably have higher favorite counts than RT counts so it's possible to have personal things connected to your account without it being super noticeable.

That being said, that's just my experience. Twitter's accessibility and casualness does make it really easy to post embarrassing stuff though. I have no idea if posting too much personal stuff is a problem for people who use twitter similarly to facebook. 

Oh wow, really? I didn't hear they'd gone as far as to cut off certain companies in Greece. It just seems like things are worsening there with each coming day. On the national news earlier, Greece's current crisis was compared to US's Great Depression which really puts things into perspective since it pointed out that after 5 years, the US was on the rise again economically whereas Greece's situation over the past couple years has not been improving. With the recent vote showing 60%+ voting "no" to a bailout I wonder what sort of agreement the talks with other countries will reach since it sounds like them not reaching an agreement would worsen the situation tenfold.

I'm very tired so I hope that's not too incoherent

And np!

OMM: I don't know why, but my newest Firefox update wasn't compatible with to DCW forum. OMM2: Waiting for Rukia Kurosaki to return to DCW

I have the latest Firefox but I can browse DCW like right now. You should tell the mods about this.

Yeah now that I think about it, having a bunch of people you don't even talk to on your timeline does seem a little pointless  :blink:

*thumbs up*

On My Mind: Haven't been sick in a long while, yay! :D

Like P3's not a bad game at all but P4 was a lot easier for me to sink more time into. 

p4 brought the ability to pick which skills to pass on in fusion. that's all i care about lol.

(hundreds of resets for the perfect messiah ahahahahahaha)

Lots of people here are MIA right now.

hehe.

to my credit i visit dcw at least once every month or so. that's pretty good, no? :V

Today was the first time I fainted in front of people.

What happened? You okay now?

OMM: Jumping into the Persona discussion, I find that P3 and P4 each make up for what the other's lackluster in. Persona 3's story and overall atmosphere is infinitely better than Persona 4's imo but Persona 4's gameplay utterly murders Persona 3.

I played P4G first but I enjoyed P3 a lot more despite the graphical downgrades. :P

Yup. Still shipping them :3 Tho, I haven't seen Akazora/MH in awhile.

Is he MIA? D: Nooo

I posted a while ago that I was vacationing to Disney World, but it seems that OMM went unnoticed by most.

So yeah. it's been about two weeks but I'm pretty much back.  Need to catch up on my animu, though.

OMM: Marathoning all these episode ones of summer anime is so satisfying.  It's so good to be back home!

hehe.

to my credit i visit dcw at least once every month or so. that's pretty good, no? :V

Usually good, mine's a week or two

OMM: Just draw some signature here.

realbadman_by_kaymanovite-d90e8vs.png

nayemnik_by_kaymanovite-d90dpnd.png

gtava_by_kaymanovite-d90e4jh.png

Currently working on custom desktop with my CS6

Today was the first time I fainted in front of people.

Why?

hehe.

Pretty good :3 Considering that you're busy nowadays.

I posted a while ago that I was vacationing to Disney World, but it seems that OMM went unnoticed by most.

So yeah. it's been about two weeks but I'm pretty much back.  Need to catch up on my animu, though.

Oh. I actually don't read others' post for most of the time that isn't targeted at me, especially those ones accompanied by contents that are a conversation thingy.

So yup, I most likely noticed your post but didn't read it.

---

On My Mind #1: Going through Game Jam produced Games. They're pretty amazing considering that they're made in a short period of time..

On My Mind #2: Another event to attend to on Sunday! :D Hope that it's going to be fun.

On My Mind #3: For some reason, it's always raining, lately. :V I'm one with the nature right now :P

We're actually the same. I rarely even update statuses in FB or post anything other than changing my DP once in awhile. I just PM my RL friends or comment or lurk on random pages. Duh. I rarely even visit it.

Anyways, FB is really designed for a more personal use and twitter on the otherhand is for publicity. Just compare the word "friends" with "followers". So yeah, would like to keep my FB as personal as possible and will only be for those people who I actually know and trust. On the otherhand, one of the uses of my twitter would probably to meet new people.

---

Well, if you remember, I dunno if you actually read my bio before, I am already working as an Indie Developer (or programmer/coder whatever you want to call it) :3 so I use twitter, mainly, as my Dev's Platform to reach out other people and people who are also indies like me. Plus, some other people related to the field.

Thing is, you cannot just find these people on just social medias like Tumblr and the likes. Twitter is like the destination of those big professional peoples so that's the only place to contact them. Example of those biggies are game/app reviewers from a certain website. They might have email but expect a freaking slow response... so yup, Twitter is the answer. :P

Anyways, wouldn't give anymore info other than me being an Indie Dev and having a twitter. That's just it. :3

Aside from that one photo I tagged a bunch of people in a month ago, I don't think I've posted anything in years (except for changing my profile pic every once in a while). I'll make occasional comments on other friends' posts if that counts as anything. But I still check my fb daily since I use the chat function regularly.

Ehh, as promising as that sounds, I'm not really interested in making any more new "internet" friends since I still feel a bit scarred from my last ordeal. In hindsight, I should've made a Twitter back then so I could keep in contact with them and tell them what happened instead of abruptly disappearing, but it can't be helped anymore.

Twitter is a good way to update people, but there are loads of other ways to publicize your project. Kickstarter campaigns tend to help a lot (UnderTale is a great example; I'm anticipating its release). And, well, the thing with Twitter is that these people usually make an account only after they've made a name for themselves. Anything before that just seems like desperate begging for publicity if they're just starting and/or have nothing planned out yet (unless it was a personal account to begin with). Ahh, but then again, your description was really vague so I don't know if what I just said was even relevant, haha.

Regardless, best of luck to you and your adventures as an Indie Developer, lol.

Is there anyone you're working with?

People not using their actual names on twitter probably does make it more likely for anybody to say something personal. But from what I've noticed at least is that quite a few people have fandom accounts and then locked, personal accounts that they only let their friends have access to. Because of that, if people do post stupid stuff, a lot of it seems to be on those personal accounts so there's not too many consequences. There's also favorites on twitter which a lot of people seem to use instead of RT-ing more personal things. If you scroll through Cross the Line's page, most of the tweets probably have higher favorite counts than RT counts so it's possible to have personal things connected to your account without it being super noticeable.

That being said, that's just my experience. Twitter's accessibility and casualness does make it really easy to post embarrassing stuff though. I have no idea if posting too much personal stuff is a problem for people who use twitter similarly to facebook. 

Oh wow, really? I didn't hear they'd gone as far as to cut off certain companies in Greece. It just seems like things are worsening there with each coming day. On the national news earlier, Greece's current crisis was compared to US's Great Depression which really puts things into perspective since it pointed out that after 5 years, the US was on the rise again economically whereas Greece's situation over the past couple years has not been improving. With the recent vote showing 60%+ voting "no" to a bailout I wonder what sort of agreement the talks with other countries will reach since it sounds like them not reaching an agreement would worsen the situation tenfold.

I'm very tired so I hope that's not too incoherent

I've never had a Twitter account, so I don't have much say in this. I just prefer fb's variety (and the fact that most of my friends use it). Plus, it's also possible to make your account private on fb, making it a lot harder for outsiders to stalk profiles. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've seen it seems really easy to pry through Twitter accounts that aren't on private. And while it's true that it's easy to access past posts with fb's timeline feature, if you're not fb friends with the person it's rather hard to "stalk" him/her. Even if I were to get a Twitter, it's most likely going to sit in the dust, haha. It's not in my nature to tweet or post statuses in the spur of the moment. I can't help but feel bad for the people who end up having their posts pedestaled and ridiculed by the internet for posting something like "i want my first daughter to be a girl." 

Hmm, well the Indiegogo campaign didn't reach it's goal but it's not like that was unexpected. I was more surprised from the money it actually managed to raise. Still not even close to the goal, but nearly 2 million euros? That's freaking insane. And the fact that some random guy from the UK set this up himself. I think that's pretty noteworthy, so good on the people who donated. I'm not sure what's going to happen to Greece at this point, but I guess there's not much we can do other than wait it out.

geezus, comparable to the US's Great Depression?

OMM: Marathoning all these episode ones of summer anime is so satisfying.  It's so good to be back home!

omg yey ur bak

marathoned a bit myself, hehehe..

Ping Pong the Animation best animu

OMM: Just draw some signature here.

realbadman_by_kaymanovite-d90e8vs.png

nayemnik_by_kaymanovite-d90dpnd.png

gtava_by_kaymanovite-d90e4jh.png

Currently working on custom desktop with my CS6

The first two images look like you kinda just toyed around with the hardness of the eraser.

For the first one, I think giving the character a bluer offset could help a bit. Either that, or altering the hue of the background to give a greener tint.

For the second one, maybe make Conan and Ran fit in with the setting more by utilizing hardlight or a sepia filter, and just go off from there.

The third one just looks like a bunch of pasted renders so I'm not too sure what to say for this (maybe add drop shadows?).

Oh, and some flares. You can never go wrong flares, heh.

This is just in my taste, but overall not bad.

How long have you been using CS6?

I like how clean most of your renders are. Erza could use a bit of sharpening though.

--

OMM: wtf it's July already

The first two images look like you kinda just toyed around with the hardness of the eraser.

For the first one, I think giving the character a bluer offset could help a bit. Either that, or altering the hue of the background to give a greener tint.

For the second one, maybe make Conan and Ran fit in with the setting more by utilizing hardlight or a sepia filter, and just go off from there.

The third one just looks like a bunch of pasted renders so I'm not too sure what to say for this (maybe add drop shadows?).

Oh, and some flares. You can never go wrong flares, heh.

This is just in my taste, but overall not bad.

How long have you been using CS6?

I like how clean most of your renders are. Erza could use a bit of sharpening though.

Well, it depends on the theme on the signature. I can do glow effect in the same time.

Two years I'm using CS6.

Aside from that one photo I tagged a bunch of people in a month ago, I don't think I've posted anything in years (except for changing my profile pic every once in a while). I'll make occasional comments on other friends' posts if that counts as anything. But I still check my fb daily since I use the chat function regularly.

Ehh, as promising as that sounds, I'm not really interested in making any more new "internet" friends since I still feel a bit scarred from my last ordeal. In hindsight, I should've made a Twitter back then so I could keep in contact with them and tell them what happened instead of abruptly disappearing, but it can't be helped anymore.

Twitter is a good way to update people, but there are loads of other ways to publicize your project. Kickstarter campaigns tend to help a lot (UnderTale is a great example; I'm anticipating its release). And, well, the thing with Twitter is that these people usually make an account only after they've made a name for themselves. Anything before that just seems like desperate begging for publicity if they're just starting and/or have nothing planned out yet (unless it was a personal account to begin with). Ahh, but then again, your description was really vague so I don't know if what I just said was even relevant, haha.

Regardless, best of luck to you and your adventures as an Indie Developer, lol.

Is there anyone you're working with?

Same same. :P Haha, I also do that. I mean I write comments on the statuses of my friends from time to time but that's just that.

Well, I'm also not that interested in making new friends anymore with a "completely anonymous Internet person", actually :P I never ever ever really joined another social site or forums or whatever on the internet, for the sake of making new friends or discussing a bunch of stuffs, other than this site. It's just that I have developed this unexplainable fear throughout my journey on the internet that the person I'm talking to might be actually a psycho, a criminal, a schizophrenic person, a backstabber or any other crap or just someone who is a fake or using escapism. Haha, I could actually be one of them since you don't have any actual proof that I'm a real person. :P

Heck, the old members here who is still active knows how many times I've left DCW. I never stated any actual reason behind but the truth is, I left DCW becoz of these stuffs getting into my head. Still, I return to this place lol, after awhile :P

But I'm still open to befriending Internet people as long as they have a logical proof that they're someone you can trust just as much as a person IRL. Just like a startup youtuber in twitter who has their voice and facecam on videos. I just don't think these kinds of people could actually be a criminal or an escapist, lol. Just who the heck is dumb enough  to show off their identity knowing that they're actually not real? :P Same goes with other internet people who does stuffs which really risks their real identity or their reputation.

(GAH... THIS IS GONNA BE A LONG POST AGAIN :3)

Heh, I'm also curious... ehrmm... may I know what this last ordeal is? :3

----

Twitter is also a good way to have a personalized news source :3 Kinda true about Kickstarter campaigns but the thing is the real purpose of it is to raise money and also one must has a really appealing project.

On Twitter being a platform for those people who are already established, yes, that's actually true. Most of the people who joins are already established but as for me, who of course is just starting up, I didn't make my twitter account to actually beg for publicity or beg to be followed. I made my twitter in case that in the future if I ever become somewhat established ("IF" :P I'm not delusional.), I don't need to hassle myself in making a twitter account and knowing how to tweet lol. :P

Plus, it's Advertising 101. xD Have a twitter or any social media platform so that if you ever have gathered a following who actually follows you for your product and if you are about to release something new, you don't actually need to promote your product super hard like when you started. Just tweet/post about it and your product will have a guaranteed success. :P

----

Haha, I already encountered some people who actually begs for follow or retweets lol :P I really feel bad about them lol since only few actually gives in to their requests :P

---

Nah, I'm a solo Dev and I'm still very new.  :P Well, I don't think I'll be working with anyone in the near future haha. it's not because I'm egoistic or something or I'm Mr. I can do it all. xD

It's just that I want to learn the ropes on my own, for now. I'm currently doing everything by myself lol. Development, Promotion and some other related stuffs. It's super tiring. But yeah, ofc, I'll form my own Dev Team and work with other people in the far future and probably start a business on it and cause a chain reaction, lol :P

Meh... I'm chattering.

---

On My Mind: Didn't know that there is a typhoon right now.

Why your parents "stalk" you? Talk with your parents about privacy and how it is good!

I don't like to stalk my sister ( but I have her passwords) And she have twitter,and I am her older sister,even so I don't like to see what she think or twitting.

OMM: R.I.P to all the money I spent on books this year .__.

They won't listen :(

OMM: No. Shut up. The paintings are actually good! That's Over the Garden Wall, that's FOB, that's HS, that's the Night Vale Podcast! Stop making her an excuse for your stupid Illuminati theories!

OMM: No. Shut up. The paintings are actually good! That's Over the Garden Wall, that's FOB, that's HS, that's the Night Vale Podcast! Stop making her an excuse for your stupid Illuminati theories!

I'm just laughed at these conspiracy wackos.

Lol. Reminds me of my sister. :P She doesn't want us, her older siblings, to see what she does on her twitter.

Maybe I AM your sister.

OMM: It's that feeling when your batch has a batch group on Facebook for ALL the campuses (campus-only batch groups are normal), a Spotify playlist that is powered by Facebook comment suggestions, a twitter account that is linked to the facebook account, an Ask.fm, and a soon-to-rise Tumblr; but you choose not to join in the madness by not participating in any of them.