Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

What's on Your Mind?

Very true. It's great to know that in a decade or two humanity as a whole will be a lot more accepting of others regardless of how they look, who they love, and how people just live their lives in general. It just kinda sucks knowing some of the people who are currently in power want to do everything they can from letting the world get to the point though. (Fox example, because of the Supreme Court ruling, a county in Alabama isn't issuing marriage licenses at all currently--not even to straight couples.  :huh: )

Exactly! I mean, think about far humanity's come; the fact that we're talking and have the ability to converse through a virtual international forum was completely unthinkable a century ago! It's just really bemusing to think some parts of the world are still so violently anti-LGBT. I could get them still being intolerant of homosexuality and stigmatizing it but the fact that it's illegal is very unsettling.

Yup. Hope people would just mind their own business someday as long as they're not causing mayhem or ain't asking for any help.

The example you give, gosh, overdramatic haters everywhere.

Yeah. Very true! Couldn't do anything about it. It's probably completely ingrained to their personal belief that they must not tolerate genders that aren't male or female.

---

On My Mind: I kinda hate how some people doesn't know that they're opinions or jokes are already offensive.

not ded ppl plz

i would definitely tread carefully on the whole lgbt decision, partially as a result of how it was achieved. the decision will definitely not be the be all and end all of this discussion. the aforementioned decision by a local alabama county government is a good example that the fight is not over. there are definitely people that are threatened that their system of belief is being attacked by an unforgiving majority, and those people will cling more desperately with this new decision. 

the supreme court decided this issue, not the individual states. most states were pressured by legal systems to instate same-sex marriage laws. while the majority of americans now support the new unions, the people that don't will see this as a systematic attack on their beliefs.

and here is where i might say something a little weird. in the lgbt discussion, i fall on the end that does not support it. i feel distinctly uncomfortable by the supreme court's decision, but will stand by the law - though no legal decision will ever change my opinion. i'm sure there are definitely people that fall in the same category, with varying degrees of extremities: some might be just a little uncomfortable, while others might fall a little more...radical.

what i feel is that as people gradually settle into a new position, they will try to squash out any opposing views - this decision might be an attempt at that, and that's not the way to go. when we put down people with opposing views, they will get more and more steadfast in their beliefs. and we see this happening still today, where the conservatives are gradually clinging more and more to their beliefs. and the validity of those beliefs is a different matter - the point is that trying to suppress the opposing side and refuse to listen to their beliefs, misguided as you might think they be, will only lead to further conflict. avoid the tyranny of the majority - it's a frightening thing.

everyone has a right to believe what they want, regardless of how repulsive they might seem to another. by all means, if you are going to try to convince them, dissolve their beliefs with logic and appeals, not use their belief as a basis for a personal attack.

now, i'm not saying that such stuff is going on here. it is going on, however.

(i barely looked over this when typing it up, probably contradict myself in at least a few points here hehe)

• Upvote 2

not ded ppl plz

i would definitely tread carefully on the whole lgbt decision, partially as a result of how it was achieved. the decision will definitely not be the be all and end all of this discussion. the aforementioned decision by a local alabama county government is a good example that the fight is not over. there are definitely people that are threatened that their system of belief is being attacked by an unforgiving majority, and those people will cling more desperately with this new decision. 

the supreme court decided this issue, not the individual states. most states were pressured by legal systems to instate same-sex marriage laws. while the majority of americans now support the new unions, the people that don't will see this as a systematic attack on their beliefs.

and here is where i might say something a little weird. in the lgbt discussion, i fall on the end that does not support it. i feel distinctly uncomfortable by the supreme court's decision, but will stand by the law - though no legal decision will ever change my opinion. i'm sure there are definitely people that fall in the same category, with varying degrees of extremities: some might be just a little uncomfortable, while others might fall a little more...radical.

what i feel is that as people gradually settle into a new position, they will try to squash out any opposing views - this decision might be an attempt at that, and that's not the way to go. when we put down people with opposing views, they will get more and more steadfast in their beliefs. and we see this happening still today, where the conservatives are gradually clinging more and more to their beliefs. and the validity of those beliefs is a different matter - the point is that trying to suppress the opposing side and refuse to listen to their beliefs, misguided as you might think they be, will only lead to further conflict. avoid the tyranny of the majority - it's a frightening thing.

everyone has a right to believe what they want, regardless of how repulsive they might seem to another. by all means, if you are going to try to convince them, dissolve their beliefs with logic and appeals, not use their belief as a basis for a personal attack.

(i barely looked over this when typing it up, probably contradict myself in at least a few points here hehe)

This is true. Shoving a decision on someone/a group of people is never the way to go. It causes more mayhem than anything. Since the pro-LGBT got the upperhand, they might just as well completely ignore or suppress Anti-LGBTs without listening to them. These Anti-LGBTs, on the otherhand, might go backlashing on the decision and on how they are completely ignored. They'll most likely persecute the LGBTs more instead of completely adhering to the law. One example is what machine shared, a county in Alabama isn't issuing marriage licenses at all currently not even to straight couples.  This thing would like pressure those straight people to go against the decision just for the sake of having the issuance of marriage licenses back. This really just goes to show how some people can go inhumane if they do not get what they want. Bunch of Psychos.

WARNING! Very sensitive religious topic! Do not open if you are a religious person!

Everyone has right to believe what they want to believe as long as they're not causing any problems to someone else, if they are, that belief must be changed no matter what. I dunno if you are an atheist, agnostic, pantheist, deist or what not, I hope you are either of the one since the next sentences I will write are completely against theists.

Anyways, The thing with religious people is that they live and breathe their religion so it's not like a matter of musical taste where you can change it completely if you want to. If I can compare religion with anything in this world, I would say that it's like being in love with a person who you know is using you. You have like 5000 evidences supporting that the person is using but you still refuse to believe because you are completely obsessed already and you already became dependent to the person. Also, some religious people are scared of what their "God" might do to them if they do not adhere to the laws written in a book. So yeah, arguing with them is completely pointless. No matter how much logic and evidence you input in your argument, they'll never change their minds. The only way we can do is study their religion and find loopholes on their laws, like for example, in the bible, there's nothing there that exactly states that homosexuals should not be tolerated, as far as I know. Use this as an argument to the Clergymen or to the religious about their anti-LGBT stance, it'll be easier to talk them down coz this one is not an attack to their system of belief but rather, just a clarification of their own beliefs. You still let them believe what they want to believe.

No one is really offended in this way. Everyone will be happy happy.

o gawd first the thing in the science thread and now here, I'm unintentionally starting long discussions on very touchy, opinionated things
i'm sorry

not ded ppl plz

I don't believe I've talked to you before so before I possibly step on any toes on accident (in case I do, I apologize!), nice to meet you! :D

ahhh I gotta be careful how I word this
I'm not quite sure how to start this either so I apologize if this starts off a little crudely

I can see how some can see the Supreme Court's ruling as something that infringes on their beliefs. If I'm not mistaken though, due to the separation of church and state no religious establishments are going to be forced to perform same sex marriages if they don't want to. (Please correct me if I'm wrong! I'm short on time at the moment and was only able to briefly fact check this!) And that makes sense, it'd admittedly rub me the wrong way if churches and such were forced to perform marriage ceremonies. Because religious establishments can't be forced to perform the marriages I guess that's why I have a hard time fully understanding those who feel attacked. Those who feel attacked aren't necessarily personally affected by the decision either. It didn't take away anything from them. If they were in a happy, heteorsexual marriage a couple days ago, the same still stands today right? Even if you're against it personally I don't get why you should hold other couples back from getting the legal benefits of being married. Same sex couples are just as deserving of them right?

I didn't think too much about the way the same sex marriage decision was decided because it fell in favor of the side I support (agh that sounds arrogant...). Though looking back on it, the way it was legalized probably wasn't the best. A vote similar to what Ireland did back in May is probably the best way to go about such things. However, when reading through my local paper this morning I saw that while same sex marriage is now the law, in the state of Ohio's constitution, marriage remains defined as a union between a man and a woman. That won't be changed unless a vote is a held and the majority votes for it to be changed. If a vote is held and the majority votes to keep it as between a man and a woman, despite the law, it won't be rewritten. It won't change anything in the long run but depending if/when the vote happens and what the result ends up being there could be an inaccuracy left in the state's constitution. Assuming other state's constitutions will need to hold similar votes, I think it'll be the little things like those that will really show how the country feels about same sex marriage.

As you said, screaming at the opposite side that they're wrong and need to change how they feel about things isn't right. You can't always help how you feel about things. There does seem to be a lack of people on both sides who will calmly explain their view and try to get others to join their side. Even with the people who are like that, they might use feelings as the base of their argument and that doesn't always work. --It's an emotionally charged fight for both sides to be honest. As I've been doing in the LGBTQA+ thread, I've been trying (and hopefully succeeding) to be more factual than anything, hence why I source things a lot. Being that it's something that impacts me personally I'm sure some of the things I say do come across more opinionated than factual. If I come across the wrong way in that thread and here I do want to apologize as that's not my intention.

As said previously I'm short on time so if I skipped anything or accidentally misread anything I'm sorry! If you want me to address anything I will when I have the time. Due to the fragility of the topic, if it goes deeper I don't know how comfortable I'll be expanding on my thoughts on the matter so sorry if me cutting myself off here or in the future causes any inconvenience! If this is where our conversation ends, it was nice talking to you and let's agree to disagree on some things ok? c:

uh,, I think that's all I wanted to say here. That being said, @MK I'll read and respond to your posts later 

............What D:

My real FB account. :V Plus, I already deleted my other FB account if you forgot.

On My Mind: The heck this youtuber advertisers on twitter, following random people just to promote their channel lol :P

My real FB account. :V Plus, I already deleted my other FB account if you forgot.

On My Mind: The heck this youtuber advertisers on twitter, following random people just to promote their channel lol :P

It's not cool have twitter account. <_<

Why not? And even if it's not cool, I have to coz I need it.

---

On My Mind: Lol, Greece is bankrupt xDDD Never heard a nation going bankrupt before :P :P

---

On My Mind: Lol, Greece is bankrupt xDDD Never heard a nation going bankrupt before :P :P

I assure it's not funny, Zeus is not amused :P . Also the population is distressed and stuff. =X

OMM: why are long car rides so tiring? All I did was sit in a car for like 6 hours, why am I tired? tumblr_m42qykugn91r58lid.gif

---

I know I won't get to LGBTQA+ thread today but I wanted to mention while I still had the link that it does look like some other countries are going to try to follow the US in suit of it's recent marriage equality decision c: I hope the countries trying will be successful in their efforts c:

And shhh don't listen to them, twitter's totally cool. Just don't do what I did by following hundreds of people and get to the point where your timeline's almost unreadable but you're too attached to everyone to unfollow anyone

Oh god they're really bankrupt? tumblr_m42rfuU9LL1r58lid.jpg I heard they weren't doing well but wow.. I hope that won't affect the rest of the world's economy too bad and that it'll get sorted out soon since Greece is a pretty cool, historic country 

OMM: I was looking through my old stuff from grade school and I found a bunch of stuff from 8th grade including the little autobiography I had to write for the little yearbook-esque thing my entire grade got and I started off my one paragraph with "I don't know if you've heard about this thing called the internet but it's pretty much my favorite thing."

tumblr_m42qwlOnrQ1r58lid.gifwhy didn't anyone stop me

nothing good has ever come out of digging through middle school stuff

I'm not proud of my middle school self, nor do I want to be reminded of that.

It's kinda like scrolling through your Facebook timeline and wishing that your past self never even discovered the internet, haha

and in 10 years, I'll look back to my high school self and think, "man, was I an idiot"

--

OMM: I can't eat or sleep anymore, ahaha......hah.......

but to think that I'm going to have to deal with this for the next six months, possibly longer

ah, I'm a wreck

also, what's so great about twitter

OMM: why are long car rides so tiring? All I did was sit in a car for like 6 hours, why am I tired? tumblr_m42qykugn91r58lid.gif

I know I won't get to LGBTQA+ thread today but I wanted to mention while I still had the link that it does look like some other countries are going to try to follow the US in suit of it's recent marriage equality decision c: I hope the countries trying will be successful in their efforts c:

And shhh don't listen to them, twitter's totally cool. Just don't do what I did by following hundreds of people and get to the point where your timeline's almost unreadable but you're too attached to everyone to unfollow anyone

Oh god they're really bankrupt? tumblr_m42rfuU9LL1r58lid.jpg I heard they weren't doing well but wow.. I hope that won't affect the rest of the world's economy too bad and that it'll get sorted out soon since Greece is a pretty cool, historic country 

Haha, popular voting in my country would surely work but I dunno, no one is trying here to make that happen other than the LGBT people themselves.

I kinda talk to them actually ^___^; I feel bad that they are DMing or tweeting at me, begging for views, and me be just like ignore them so I told them I'll try looking at their videos lol. Every startup youtuber is now flooding me though :V And, I followed everyone who followed me back. I'm getting attached to them T__T

Yeah. They weren't able to pay their debt in time. They closed every banks in there, I heard. Poor Greeks.

Well, it kinda affected the global market badly. Saw it in the news. Just goes to show how countries today are so dependent to each other. I also hope that they recover from it.

I assure it's not funny, Zeus is not amused :P . Also the population is distressed and stuff. =X

Zeus has been sending thunderstorms lately :P

Yeah, kinda feel evil that I laughed about it knowing that a lot of people will be suffering D:

---

On My Mind: Welp, June is almost over. Overall, nothing much good happened in my life.

----

also, what's so great about twitter

You've got to meet new people 100x more compared to Facebook. If you're an extravert like me, it's a great thing.

Edited by MKay

So after never managing to collect more than approximately ten PS2 games over three years I have been told to download them instead. Gee sir, you who knew you need to buy CDs to play on the PS2 after buying a PS2.

In other words I'm doing bad at school and anything I ask for isn't worth considering :Pmaybe if I didn't face the same situation when I get better grades I'd try harder :V

So after never managing to collect more than approximately ten PS2 games over three years I have been told to download them instead. Gee sir, you who knew you need to buy CDs to play on the PS2 after buying a PS2.

In other words I'm doing bad at school and anything I ask for isn't worth considering :Pmaybe if I didn't face the same situation when I get better grades I'd try harder :V

How the heck do you download a game into a PS2? :V Unless you have an emu or something. It's just BS lol.

On My Mind: This forum is deader than ever.

How the heck do you download a game into a PS2? :V Unless you have an emu or something. It's just BS lol.

On My Mind: This forum is deader than ever.

You burn ISOs or something.

Well I didn't kill it. We all did. :P

You burn ISOs or something.

Well I didn't kill it. We all did. :P

But Burned ISOs do not work on unmodded PS2 :3

D: DCW will never be the same again.

---

On My Mind: Been watching some startup youtubers. Some of them are actually good :D

D: DCW will never be the same again.

---

On My Mind: Been watching some startup youtubers. Some of them are actually good :D

Why?

--

You can be the next youtuber :3 \o/ I hope so. If you wish.

Lol who knows,for sing. And try to be funny.

Duh. If I ever do youtube, I'll do gaming commentary. :3 But gah.. even if I wanted to, I don't have a gaming PC.

On My Mind: Should be sleeping early again.

Duh. If I ever do youtube, I'll do gaming commentary. :3 But gah.. even if I wanted to, I don't have a gaming PC.

On My Mind: Should be sleeping early again.

I have gaming PC, but I didn't know what game should be commented in a video.

It is for me though ^_^. The only bad part is that my parents just have to use my sister's twitter account to see what I've been tweeting >_>. Can't they understand the meaning of private account?!

OMM: I know I'll get in trouble for this spiting passive-aggressively, but I personally like doing it ^^