1. 1. Who is best 4 Conan/Shinichi???

• Mouri Ran
    • Ai Haibara/Miyano Shiho
    • Yoshida Ayumi
    • Hattori Heiji
    • Kaitou Kid
    • Masumi Sera
    • Sonoko Suzuki

All Ran has done is act as his pretty little flower and cling to him, that'll only result in stroking his ego, and there's not much she'll be to him even in the future other than his pretty angelic flower.

Did you read the same series that I did? Shinichi is one of the few persons, to which Ran doesn't act all polite and friendly all the time. Read any of the cases with Shinichi and you'll see that she doesn't "act as his pretty little flower" all the time.

He has spent all these years with Ran and yet his ego is big and he is selfish

Shinichi is many things, but he is not selfish. He mostly cares for the well-beings of others more than for his own. And we have no indication in any of the flashback cases, that his ego was always as big like we've seen in the beginning of the series, because it was only then that the newspapers and television started to cover him and give him attention. And Ran knocks that down a notch in the first episode.

• Upvote 2

Did you read the same series that I did? Shinichi is one of the few persons, to which Ran doesn't act all polite and friendly all the time. Read any of the cases with Shinichi and you'll see that she doesn't "act as his pretty little flower" all the time.

Shinichi is many things, but he is not selfish. He mostly cares for the well-beings of others more than for his own. And we have no indication in any of the flashback cases, that his ego was always as big like we've seen in the beginning of the series, because it was only then that the newspapers and television started to cover him and give him attention. And Ran knocks that down a notch in the first episode.

Yeah, she acts okay, but nowhere near independent like Haibara does. We all know how the majority of her personality really is. She freaking offers to clean his room even when he is right there in the room.

Whatever she does, she doesn't help at all to control his ego, she is just his flower to protect. If by "knocks that down a notch" you mean how she angrily breaks a pole, then that's not going to do the job at all. And we're not talking about just one action here, it's up to how her attitude is, and the things they should go through with each other. Her clinging and damsel in distress persona is only going to inflate his ego more.

Offering to clean his room is not canon.

Anyway, I think you're blatantly misinterpreting the canon material we have, but I don't think arguing will change that, so let's just leave it at that.

So glad to see that I wasn't the only one to vote for Ai Haibara. Though, please let me state clearly that I have nothing against Ran. Pretty sure they'll end up being Canon... however, I just can't imagine things going well should she ever find out he is/was Conan Edogawa. When that happens there are high odds that she may feel betrayed because he never mentioned it to her... then add in the fact he was there to see a lot of things and learn many secrets she may have rather that he didn't know then you end up with rough terrain. Still, in the back of my mind I do still root for them... yet at the same time I do hope that Ai Haibara is a thing and let me explain a little to why.

They both are aware of what has happened to each other so there isn't that as a barrier between them. He won't have to disappoint her by giving fake reasons of there being a "case" he is working on where he can't come to do something with her. Seriously, how long can that last? There is not guarantee he'll be able to return to how he was, and should he/they not be able to, they'd both re-grow up together and they'd have a better chance at that point. Well, aside from that in their thought process they are very similar. Also, in  a fairly recent-ish episode where Ai had proved herself capable of solving a case... granted Conan did already give them the answer but they didn't quite pick up on his reasoning and he couldn't really explain himself so rather than call for the police as he'd instructed they went to check things out themselves. Oh well, things worked out either way. Basically, what I'm trying to say is they're both on the same wavelength to a higher extent than the other two aside from things like him being able to know where Ran would hide and what not.

In the end... I think I'd be a little heartbroken if Ran and Shinichi don't end up together, however, if Ai Haibara were the other candidate I think I'd get over it faster with because I could see that as a possibility. Do note though that I'm hoping for Shinichi x Ran and Heiji x Kazuha all the way I've at least got a back up pair in mind for one and find it impossible for the other... well unless Masumi Sera but that is seriously way off the mark. Ain't no way I really see that, she just passed through my mind for a similarity sort of thing.

• Upvote 1

Recently converted from ShinRan to AiCon. So Haibara, doi :P

I don't doubt for a second that Ran is endgame. And despite being an AiCon shipper, I would hate to see a ship that has been sailing for so long and successfully sink at Gosho's whim. I can't imagine him finding some way to execute a sudden change to AiCon without completely disregarding the characters' own, well, characterization, much less justify it for the fans that have been following the series for years and years and years. Unless, of course, Ran dies. I used to look down on people who suggests for this to happen, and I still dislike it albiet to a milder degree, but yeah, that's pretty much the only way AiCon can happen in canon. This is even worse for the ShinRan shippers though. (Anyone who has stayed with the series since its beginning pretty much has to be a ShinRan shipper to some extent, fending off those criticisms like crazy. Dropping a rock on it would be plain cruel.) I think it's safe to say that there's no hope for the AiCon shippers (and KaiShin, lol) to ever see their dream go canon.

Nevertheless, I stand by AiCon. She's such a complex character with a strong theme of finding a loving, nurturing environment to live and have a future in after being raised in the Black Org. She seems to have found that among the Detective Boys and Agasa, but if Conan is able to reciprocate her feelings for him, then gah. Sweetness overload. (I like the theory about Haibara refusing the antidote to relive her childhood too. But AiCon is sweeter. I mean, can you not see Shiho and Shinichi taking a walk in the park, holding hands and eating ice cream? While the DB goof around them and tease them for having a sappy smile on their faces??)

For those who like Ran for her loyalty, patience, etc etc, I don't know what to say. I respect your opinion, but I personally never judge a character by the same standards as I judge a person. For example, I love Lelouch, and he's a terrorist. Or Loki, and he's a bad guy (idk exactly where he stands in the newest material though). These characters are horrible people (for the most part), but they're interesting. Ran is an amazing person, but she's boring. Haibara is actually both an interesting and kind person, so I'm sold. And a plot twist like AiCon would definitely spice up the series, romance-wise. (Too many childhood friends-turned-lovers.....)

tl;dr: AiCon ftw

The question of who is best is different than who is it going to be. We all agree that ShinRan is endgame but that does not make it the best option. ShinRan is wrong for so many reasons and many people complain about the amount of childhood friends turned couples in the series but to me it's not really the issue here. When you look at couples like Heiji and Kazuha and compare them to shinRan you can a huge difference. Heijivand Kazuha have chemistry, which as a viewer is the most important aspect to a relationship and that's what ShinRan lacks amongst many other things.

Either Haibara or Shiho is a perfect fit for Shinichi and he for her. What makes them great isn't that they're similar, it's the fact that they completely fill the void in each others life. I can't imagine Haibara falling for anyone after him, not after all he has done for her. After all he's essentially the reason she can smile one day and so no other person will ever be able to rise to that level after Shinichi sat the bar too high.

As to why she would be perfect for him is because she knows the life that he's leading himself into. If you think about his future after the organization, I believe that it is safe to assume that he will never the same again. Being high school detective is just not gonna cut it anymore. He's working the FBI, CIA and the special police, and for a guy as ambitious as he is I can't imagine him going back to being the arrogant detective. The way I see it his life is going to keep getting more dangerous and soon there will be another organization and he will leave like he always does and that is not fair to Ran. She is willing to wait but in the end it's not worth it. She has nothing to offer him, he has nothing to offer her. The difficulties and struggles they face are completely different they can't understand each other. Their love is based on friendship. But he doesn't need that, not in the long run. He doesn't need someone to return to, he needs a partner right next to him, someone that can take care of themselves and him and there's only one person that can do that.

As to how it can happen, the way I see it there's only three possible scenarios where ShinShi happens.

1- Ran dies.

2- No antidote.

3- Ran breaks up with Shinichi.

Personally I prefer the third option. Having Ran witness the fight against the organization and the life Shinichi is leading may help her realize that their relationship they imagine is just a fantasy and that it would never work. To have her realize that there was already someone that knows him through and through, someone that can see right through him, someone that can help him grow and someone that can keep him safe. That's my fantasy.

Haibara opens more doors for Shinichi that Ran can ever hope to. If you stop and think about the possibility of Shinichi and Haibara joining the FBI for instance, you will realize how truly epic that would be.

• Upvote 1

She has nothing to offer him, he has nothing to offer her. The difficulties and struggles they face are completely different they can't understand each other. Their love is based on friendship. But he doesn't need that, not in the long run. He doesn't need someone to return to, he needs a partner right next to him, someone that can take care of themselves and him and there's only one person that can do that.

*claps* Well said :D I don't particularly agree with your theory on what would happen after the series ends or in whatever epilogue is thrown in (DC is targeted towards children and teens, so Gosho will probably make it so that whoever ends up together will stay together in adult life, despite that being pretty unrealistic statistically), but I would love to see that happen. Working together side by side to fight against evil seems like a much more promising premise for love than a childhood friendship.

Recently converted from ShinRan to AiCon. So Haibara, doi :P

I don't doubt for a second that Ran is endgame. And despite being an AiCon shipper, I would hate to see a ship that has been sailing for so long and successfully sink at Gosho's whim. I can't imagine him finding some way to execute a sudden change to AiCon without completely disregarding the characters' own, well, characterization, much less justify it for the fans that have been following the series for years and years and years. Unless, of course, Ran dies. I used to look down on people who suggests for this to happen, and I still dislike it albiet to a milder degree, but yeah, that's pretty much the only way AiCon can happen in canon. This is even worse for the ShinRan shippers though. (Anyone who has stayed with the series since its beginning pretty much has to be a ShinRan shipper to some extent, fending off those criticisms like crazy. Dropping a rock on it would be plain cruel.) I think it's safe to say that there's no hope for the AiCon shippers (and KaiShin, lol) to ever see their dream go canon.

Nevertheless, I stand by AiCon. She's such a complex character with a strong theme of finding a loving, nurturing environment to live and have a future in after being raised in the Black Org. She seems to have found that among the Detective Boys and Agasa, but if Conan is able to reciprocate her feelings for him, then gah. Sweetness overload. (I like the theory about Haibara refusing the antidote to relive her childhood too. But AiCon is sweeter. I mean, can you not see Shiho and Shinichi taking a walk in the park, holding hands and eating ice cream? While the DB goof around them and tease them for having a sappy smile on their faces??)

For those who like Ran for her loyalty, patience, etc etc, I don't know what to say. I respect your opinion, but I personally never judge a character by the same standards as I judge a person. For example, I love Lelouch, and he's a terrorist. Or Loki, and he's a bad guy (idk exactly where he stands in the newest material though). These characters are horrible people (for the most part), but they're interesting. Ran is an amazing person, but she's boring. Haibara is actually both an interesting and kind person, so I'm sold. And a plot twist like AiCon would definitely spice up the series, romance-wise. (Too many childhood friends-turned-lovers.....)

tl;dr: AiCon ftw

I fully totally entirely agree with you  :D 

I come from RanxShinichi to HaibaraxConan :)  I do think Ran and Shinichi making a very good pair, but I think Haibara and Conan make a PERFECT one :D  Even though Ran and Shinichi actually fit each other with their character, I find Haibara more interesting (like you said).

My heart is split into two, one for Ran and Shinichi, and one for Haibara and Conan. It will actually turn out to be interesting if Conan starts to notice Haibara. Though we all know that Ran and Shinichi will end up together. :D  :P  ;) Even though that being said, as to 'kill' Ran, is out of question. Despite being more an AiCon shipper than a ShinRan shipper, I will not wish any of them to be gone. It will be tragic and I will fall for ShinRan even more. It's like,you like a character and the role they play, but once they are gone, you love them more. kind of like that  :P Though, it's only my way of feeling things  :blush:  :blush:

KaiShin? Kaito x Shinichi?  :D I was about to ask the same thing actually, if anyone find Shinichi/Conan matching with many characters.

KaitoxShinichi, HeijixShinichi , and so on  :D (Shoujo, Shounen, Shounen ai, Tragedy: I'm a huge fan of all those types  :blush: , so I kind of match everyone with everyone, in a sense)  :blush:

AiCon <3 CoAi <3 ConAi <3 (the names I found so far on the net)  :wub:  :blush:

I actually have two different opinions on this topic. In the canon storyline, I am 100% in favor of Shinichi/Ran all the way. However, in fanfics, I am a big supporter of Ayumi/Conan (if done well). I am actually in the process of writing what will be an Ayumi/Conan fanfic series (though, at this point, I am just getting started and still working on chapter one). Actually, do any of you know a good site where I could post my fanfics (when they reach a presentable for, that is)? And is there even anyone who would want to read that?  For that matter, I could use a couple test readers to make sure it's acceptable before posting for general readership, if anyone is interested.

Team Shin/Ran! WOOHOO!

Team Ayu/Co! HOORAY!

Yay! ShinRan all the way! The best couple ever! Just watched an episode 600 something and I thought Ai would make a good pair for Conan and almost change to AiCon, but don't worry my heart stays with ShinRan AKA the young Kudo couple hihi

Sera masumi . 
She is the perfect one for shinichi , she has the most potential. 
She was forshadow by sonoko to being a POWERFULL love rival to ran and if we look at sera ,she trully is powerful.
She just fits with shinichi so much more then either haibara or ran, with the added bonus of having all that ran has and more ,she likes the things shinichi likes(like in the mystery train they both iterested in the deduction Quiz,also in blush mermaid  when she talkes about holmes. .) , both of them are detectives , and that is what I wanted for shinichi ,he always seems more alive with people who understands him ,with people that share his passion (like heiji).
Being a detective is not just a job for him ,it is  huge part of his personality  , or thats the way I see it ,so if he falls for someone that liked that about him but can never share it with him ,can never understand it,then he fell for someone that will never understands him completely at least,because ran understands shinichi but  it is an understanding that comes from growing up together, and in the end I forsee that after they end up together(if they do ) they will break up in the end ,because ran just don't get it.
Like on chapter 1 ,how she gets annoyed with him because he was talking about holmes, it's like they have no mutal interests, no wonder when heji first appeared he asked about if shinichi talked to ran about herself ,the answer was no ,he only talked about himself ,they said it's because he was near but really even if he knew every thing about her life he should miss talking to her as shinichi but he didn't because in the first place they have nothing in commen, they work as friends ,close friends even but not as a romantic couple.
Also ran is nice ,sweet and beautiful 
But she has no depth, sometimes shinichi becomes shallow for liking her because there is no unique reason for it ,her personality  is cute but still,they have no commen interest beside there childhood  friendship, and what's more it appears he liked her since the start which makes the sweet part about how them growing up made them like each other not true ,he met her ,then liked her ,without any reason behind it ,I would think it ok if she done something nice to him or anything .
Sometimes I wonder if ran was not so pretty will shinichi like her??I don't know ,because her looks seems like a huge part in why he likes her.

With haibara it's deeper then that ,it's more beautiful even , I would have said haibara was the best one for him if not for the fact that she needs to remain as haibara ,I want her to have something that is more important then a love interest,I want her to have a life that is better ,where trusting people comes easy ,where laughter Is the norm,I think that is why people prefer haibara to ran ,because disbite all that she went through she remained strong and did not break down even though she should by now ,while ran cries and pity herself because her childhood friend is working on case ,while he calls her repeatedly ,she seems silly in comparison and  with that people still call her strong!

Sera a have far more chemistry with shinichi then haibara does though ,I won't feel bad if he end up with either of them .,but I like him with sera better because she is more like him , and I see that shinichi admires her even though she is not a better detective he still admires her for something that has little to do with her looks and that is refreshing ,also I love how there relationship progressed from not standing her to behaving with her in way that sonoko discribes as the same way he behaves with heiji ,its cute ,and I like her personality.

So sera by tricking him in her first apearance became the Irene edler of dc while haibara is his Watson lol

Just so you know ,used to be a huge shinran fan ,not anymore though ,it's became boring (maybe always was ? )