Detective Conan World
Toni-kun

I want (Ran / Haibara) to be with Shinichi

I want (Ran / Haibara) to be with Shinichi  

179 members have voted

1. 1. I like ______ to be with Shinichi

It is like Harry Potter when Hermione, who was supposed to court Harry, ended up with Ron. The only thing different this time is that I support ShinRan.

I'd possibly present the same argument in this case too, Conan and Haibara or Shinichi and Shiho are good together. Both 'may' be like their exact counterparts too in terms of forensic sciences and intelligence, but it does not mean that both have to be in a romantic relationship or something. Why not stay good 'ol best friends, like Harry and Hermione? It is just that ShinRan seems to prosper more in the storyline and their relationship has a direction, it is advancing, unlike Conan and Haibara where one doesn't seem to be interested at all and the other is just plain confused.

Idk if ur statement is a rebuttal to mine, but I'll just go with it anyways

I completely agree with u, just because someone share similar interests and personality traits, does not mean they should end up together. As I said, I have a liking towards opposite attraction romances, (not in this case) so I'm not saying that conan and ai should be in a relationship (I ship it, but i acknowledge rans existence as well, and I don't want Shinichi to lose interest towards her and just to go with Ai). I was simply stating a flaw from the previous persons content.

But i must say that conan and ais relationship may not be developing as two lovers, but as two good friends, they seem to trust one another more, and conan has recognised ai as his partner, so I wouldnt say their 'relationship' hasnt advanced or developed throughout the series.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, VVN2004 said:

Idk if ur statement is a rebuttal to mine, but I'll just go with it anyways

I completely agree with u, just because someone share similar interests and personality traits, does not mean they should end up together. As I said, I have a liking towards opposite attraction romances, (not in this case) so I'm not saying that conan and ai should be in a relationship (I ship it, but i acknowledge rans existence as well, and I don't want Shinichi to lose interest towards her and just to go with Ai). I was simply stating a flaw from the previous persons content.

But i must say that conan and ais relationship may not be developing as two lovers, but as two good friends, they seem to trust one another more, and conan has recognised ai as his partner, so I wouldnt say their 'relationship' hasnt advanced or developed throughout the series.

No offense. I was completely unaware of your post and even if it seemed contradictory, I wasn't replying to anyone specifically.

However, this post of yours strikes an interesting debate and I completely agree with it. It would be worth to note that Conan and Haibara have begun to trust each-other more than they did previously. The Professor even seems to get a romantic vibe from their current relationship and he doesn't oppose to the direction it is going.

It seems inevitable though, at least to me, that Shinichi would end up with Ran. The things that bring two people closer are not supposed to be 'similar' qualities but 'complementary' traits. Ran's traits complement that of Shinichi. The common ground he finds with Ai is just a connection she feels, an undefined one, for now. Ai would completely go for Mitshuiko, but again, what about Ayumi?

edogawa conan + haibara ai is kudou shinichi miyano shiho of date love like kiss phone message boyfriend/girlfriend wadding/marring husband/wife future detective conan chapters 1-???? episodes 1-???? ovas 1-12 movies 1-??  specials 1-? manga anime watch 1996-20?? :D:);)<_<

7 hours ago, Kaushik Majumdar said:

No offense.

None taken

Of course, just like you said, the end result is bound to be shinichi and ran ending up together, otherwise gosho's work on them would be a total waste of time. And I agree with you that people need traits that complement one another.

For Haibara, i think she would either end up alone, die, or find a new person.

But if it was the latter, I would want her to end with Rei, or akai

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, VVN2004 said:

For Haibara, i think she would either end up alone, die, or find a new person.

But if it was the latter, I would want her to end with Rei, or akai

This way Mitshuiko and Ayumi can be together. But wouldn't it be awkward for Ai to be in love with her late sister's boyfriend. As for Rei, it is possible. I want Akai to reunite with Jodie. Then again, if all the new characters courted one-another, then the story would shift to the state it formerly was and if Conan never existed. Shinichi courts Ran. The story is back to Genta, Mitshuiko and Ayumi. For Genta, I think he will find someone like him eventually.

All the 'Conan-effect' will be non-existent in the future, nullifying all the adventures. Though, in the future, Genta, Ayumi, Mitshuiko and Shinichi might come together as a Detective Group again. I'd want Ran, Ai, Akai to be part of this group too.

I wish shinichi would end up with shiho. But i understand that in the end shinichi would likely end up with ran. Shinichi and ran always have this deep bound between their hearts, but i couldn't ignore the fact that the shinshiho relationship is getting deeper as the time goes. What i like most is actually how gosho aoyama put the love stories in a smooth manner. I like how everything's progressing especially for shinichi and shiho. And the fact that shinichi and ran already being a couple while it has not reach the final chapter yet, i kinda wish the ending would be different.