Detective Conan World
Toni-kun

I want (Ran / Haibara) to be with Shinichi

I want (Ran / Haibara) to be with Shinichi  

179 members have voted

1. 1. I like ______ to be with Shinichi

But then again Gosho has never been a guy with predicted plots. Most major cases tend to have a number of plot twists. The question is if that goes for the romatic part DC as well. I kind of hope so.The ending of Naruto and all the random couples that formed makes it easy to believe in the chances of that. I mean Sasuke and Sakura..? did not see that coming.

We know that more than half of the fans want Ran to end up with Shinichi.

Do you believe that Gosho will go against their will? I think not.

We know that more than half of the fans want Ran to end up with Shinichi.

Do you believe that Gosho will go against their will? I think not.

Yea the chance of that happening is not that large, but I still hope he does not give us very predicted couples. I mean Shinishi&Ran, Kazuha&Heji, Kaito&the Ran-lookalike, sato&takagi, and so on...don't you think it would be a bit boring? I would like to see some unexpected characters ending up with for example Haibara and Gin, and some people changing/losing their romatic interest or something. Otherwise it be completely drama-free and stiff in a way, even for a non-drama anime.

Yea the chance of that happening is not that large, but I still hope he does not give us very predicted couples. I mean Shinishi&Ran, Kazuha&Heji, Kaito&the Ran-lookalike, sato&takagi, and so on...don't you think it would be a bit boring? I would like to see some unexpected characters ending up with for example Haibara and Gin, and some people changing/losing their romatic interest or something. Otherwise it be completely drama-free and stiff in a way, even for a non-drama anime.

Lol Ran-lookalike, that girl is aoko. I think I'm fine with those pairing. But yeah, you're right, it's a bit boring but before something can happen, Gosho needs to twist something up big time.

Lol Ran-lookalike, that girl is aoko. I think I'm fine with those pairing. But yeah, you're right, it's a bit boring but before something can happen, Gosho needs to twist something up big time.

LOL, I can never remember her name xD But yes hope so too! Plot twists contribute with like 50% to the quality of a story for me. 

I would prefer if all the unexpected plot twists happened in the detective part of the series, while the romantic part stayed as it is; I don't think it would be boring at all. I would be really upset if any of the characters changed the romantic interest and switched from the first love to somebody else (I don't like that happening even in real life to be honest, so I hope at least in DC it won't end up like that).

But I hope he will improve the detective stories, so it will be harder to guess the murderers. In the detective part of the manga, more unexpected twists happen, better it is, here I agree.

• Upvote 1

I would prefer if all the unexpected plot twists happened in the detective part of the series, while the romantic part stayed as it is; I don't think it would be boring at all. I would be really upset if any of the characters changed the romantic interest and switched from the first love to somebody else (I don't like that happening even in real life to be honest, so I hope at least in DC it won't end up like that).

But I hope he will improve the detective stories, so it will be harder to guess the murderers. In the detective part of the manga, more unexpected twists happen, better it is, here I agree.

Yea that's true...let's at least hope the future romantic couples aren't childhood friends...it would be enough of a twist for me xD

i would like reading first meeting of yukiko and yusaku, now that we already know how chikage and toichi meet. they are not childhood friends, are they?  ;)

who? yusaku and yukiko? yes, they aren't as far as I know. Yusako met Yukiko when she was still an actress.

i would like reading first meeting of yukiko and yusaku, now that we already know how chikage and toichi meet. they are not childhood friends, are they?  ;)

Oh Kaito charachters? i'm pretty bad at that, but good to know that :P And yes it would be pretty interesting to hear the full story of how Yukiko and Yusaku met.

It might let us know more about shinichi and whether he would a suitable partner for Haibara..(totally not a connection to main topic attmept)

YusakuxYukiko is one of the best canon pairing, the fact that they aren't childhood friends make them a bit more original than the other pairings...

as for shinran well,we all know they will be together,so there's no need to discuss about another love interest.Gosho is predictable when it comes to pairings.

I think there are already too many childhood sweethearts and I find them repetitive and its effect has diminished on me, also I prefer Heiji/Kazuha, Shiratori/Kobayashi or Kaito/Aoko over Shinichi/Ran as for childhood couples. I also find ShinRan future possible marriage to end up as Eri and Kogoro marriage, in divorce, whereas I find Haibara could be the Watson to Shinichi (Holmes), with the addition of a possible romance, in contrast of Sherlock comparison.

Also, I think it would be interesting kill off a main character near Conan to make him realise that what he does is dangerous and he is not infallible, it would humble him and make him more human, also add a dark twist in the story and set him in a darker spiral would add more realism. 

I also find ShinRan future possible marriage to end up as Eri and Kogoro's marriage, in divorce

I hope they will get back together, will be very sad if that's not going to happen. But I think childhood sweetheart relationships are the best, because childhood is the most innocent period and people become closer when they grow up together. Even if there are too many of them in DC, it would be a unique case, because unfortunately in most anime and manga childhood friends lose to other characters or there is a harem/open ending. I hope DC will stay as a sort of little "childhood sweetheart paradise" :wub:

Even though I usually am not romantic or sentimental at all, but for childhood sweetheart romances I make an exception. It's like one of the last pure ideals in the corrupt society.

I feel like Ran & Shinichi will end up together in the end. Something along the lines of him taking down the BO, and conan reverting back to his body where Ran is disappointed but understands why he kept his identity secret. Personally, I like Haibara more. She's intelligent, and seems to keep him on his toes.

I hope they will get back together, will be very sad if that's not going to happen. But I think childhood sweetheart relationships are the best, because childhood is the most innocent period and people become closer when they grow up together. Even if there are too many of them in DC, it would be a unique case, because unfortunately in most anime and manga childhood friends lose to other characters or there is a harem/open ending. I hope DC will stay as a sort of little "childhood sweetheart paradise" :wub:

Even though I usually am not romantic or sentimental at all, but for childhood sweetheart romances I make an exception. It's like one of the last pure ideals in the corrupt society.

I also like the childhood sweetheart trope for the same reasons as you do, but I think there's a limit to everything before it turns out predictable and repetitive, I think there's nothing worst than a predictable and repetitive story, where the outcome usually is boredom. And I find more likeable other childhood sweetheart pairings than ShinRan :)
As the protagonist of the story I'd like him to have a different ending than the others, either ending alone (which I would prefer, puting and end to this battle over fan pairing) or not having a defined pair but open to other possibilities (I like the fresh air that Sera has brought to the story)
I found that in most manga/animes the childhood friend romance always prevails over opposing forces.

I also like the childhood sweetheart trope for the same reasons as you do, but I think there's a limit to everything before it turns out predictable and repetitive, I think there's nothing worst than a predictable and repetitive story, where the outcome usually is boredom. And I find more likeable other childhood sweetheart pairings than ShinRan :)
As the protagonist of the story I'd like him to have a different ending than the others, either ending alone (which I would prefer, puting and end to this battle over fan pairing) or not having a defined pair but open to other possibilities (I like the fresh air that Sera has brought to the story)
I found that in most manga/animes the childhood friend romance always prevails over opposing forces.

Yes, predictable is boring, but Detective Conan is also a collection of detective mysteries, I think that while in romance predictability can be excused, in murder mysteries it's a disaster: and in most of the cases we usually have the same pattern: extremely "evil" victim, "revenge" motive, 3 suspects, of which the most sympathetic and apparently less "bad" is guilty. I have been wondering forever, why does Gosho avoid other murder motives, like killing for inheritance, jealosy, power etc?

As for anime/manga, maybe it's just I haven't read that many, so got the impression childhood sweethearts usually lose. In manga you are right probably, but in anime I found only very few where the childhood friend has a "definitive win". I only remember Lamune, Hani hani, the Rihoko arc in Amagami, and the Haruka arc in Photo Kano. Could you suggest others by the way, I would be grateful, if here it's off-topic, maybe in PM?

Although my favorite character is Haibara, I go with ShinRan. Shinichi obviously has really strong feelings for Ran, and they've known each other since forever. And for some reason, Ai and Conan...I just can't picture them as a couple.

However, I do think they have a special bond, a strong one, even though it may not be romantic :3

• Upvote 2

I'd say Ran cause they had known each other since they were children and Ran means everything to Shinichi. Ai would go great with Conan, but it's just a bit weird to me.

I'd say Ran cause they had known each other since they were children and Ran means everything to Shinichi. Ai would go great with Conan, but it's just a bit weird to me.

Yeah... Like they would fit so well together, but Conan and Haibara? There's something weird about that.

Yeah... Like they would fit so well together, but Conan and Haibara? There's something weird about that.

damn, the ConAis are gonna be all over you now

...not that I disagree with your notion or anything.

damn, the ConAis are gonna be all over you now

...not that I disagree with your notion or anything.

I redeemed myself with a vote for ShinShi in the second favorite pairing.

They really have their moments (that I personally find more squeal-worthy than some ShinRan), but I can never imagine Conan liking Haibara.

Most of the childhood friends turning into romantic relationships in the series are quite beautiful. Kaito and Aoko

Heiji and Kazuha

The reason being that they have chemistry and its great to watch them interact. But the ShinRan relationship has dried up so long ago that I honestly turn away from the screen everytime Ran starts crying about him again.

Besides, as a viewer If I were given the choice between two relationships:

1: Two people whose relationship is built on love

2: Two people whose relationship is built on love, hate, guilt, shame, trust, loyalty.

I think there is an obvious choice.

So ShinxShi

Woah, woah, dangerous topic here. And the way you ask the question means we're supposed to give our own opinion and ignore what the characters wants.

Anyways, I'll definitely vouch for Haibara. It has a little chance compared to the original pairing, but I'm not giving up.

My reasoning; She gone through much more than Ran, and I prefer imagining Conan with her than with Ran. Plus, Ran is boring and is slightly too perfect (and too clingy). And also, I couldn't imagine Haibara being with anyone else (except maybe Akai or Kaito, but I still prefer CoAi).

Plus Shinichi has a better future in career with Haibara. She can help him in ways more than one.

On 2/19/2011 at 11:52 AM, Aeyra said:

I say ShinRan 4ever! Shinichi and Ai just don't mix, period. Personality wise, fire doesn't go with ice, just saying. On the other hand, fire does go with fire and therefore ShinRan works better three ways. Personality, look better together (for some reason I feel Shiho doesn't look pretty when she grows up, at least the way she was drawn.) and just go together better. Ai is just kind in the corner, and I'd prefer she stay away from Shinichi. She can go with Mitsuhiko. That would be absolutely adorable.

This is kind of confusing, youre saying that Shinichi and Ai are basically fire and ice, and Ran and Shinichi are fire and fire. But there's some questionable points in this argument.

First of all, if anything, Haibara is more like Shinichi than Ran. Haibara and Shinichi both like the same sport (soccer) they're smart, have interesting lives, both grounded each other, both understand each other, both attracts opposite genders, both know Sherlock Holmes (Ran does too, but she gets tired of Shinichis constant blabbering of him) and others things. Whilst Ran and Shinichi,  have the same ethical thoughts, attracts opposite genders, but that's about it, there may be others that i haven't covered but it still not as much as haibaras.

I admit that Shinran is 99.99% the end result, but I'm just stating the flaws of your statement. Sometimes, I even find opposite attractions my sweet, but ok.

• Upvote 1

On 10/24/2014 at 10:38 PM, mauru said:

Ne,  does anyone think that Shiho may end up with Rey a.k.a Amuro? I don't know why but i can't help but feel (or is it hope?) so.. :P

OMG YAS! I always thought that Rei would be with Haibara is Conan is with Ran! If coai isnt possible (highly likey) than I hope its rei and haibara.

• Upvote 2