Detective Conan World
Inspector Gin

Something confuses you? Come here!!

I have decided to make this topic so that we can help each other, for example if we get stuck or confused in a chapter or an episode or anything to do with Conan.

I am sure a lot of Conan fans get stuck some where or something to do with DC

How does this topic works?

The topic work like this: someone asks something to do with Conan and the other answers, it could be more than one that can answer, after the questions are answered someone else can ask another question.

Thank you and have fun. :grin:

Edited by Detective Gin
  • Upvote 1

I have many and many to ask, OK, I'll pick one, why there is so many foreign in Detective Conan, especially Americans, are there lot of them in Japan too? Just wondering.

idk y they use a lot of foreigners but it is actually good....

my question is: what is Gin and Vermouth's relationship? I was reading some stuff about Vermouth and it is said that they had a "sexual relationship with one another" but I am still wondering what their relationship is and how they got together...

• Upvote 1

my question is: what is Gin and Vermouth's relationship? I was reading some stuff about Vermouth and it is said that they had a "sexual relationship with one another" but I am still wondering what their relationship is and how they got together...

The part of the Conan Drill that has been translated doesn't clarify past that they have made it to home base with one another. There might be more about it in there, but until it gets translated, who knows? If Gin and Shiho were also together, it's possible that Gin was two timing them.

1. why did Toichi became kid?!?!? he should have at least thought about what will happen to his wife and son if he got captured and he was rich (if he's the worldwide known magician he gotta be rich)did he just want to show off?

2. how come Ran baths with Conan even if she thinks that he's a kid ITS STILL AWKWARD i know that I would never bath with a 6 or 7 years old kid even if its a girl!!

3. how come people travel around at any moment they feel like it Shinichi and Ran went to America in an airplane by themselves!! Heiji and kazuha keep coming to Tokyo just to visit Conan, Ran and kogoro! seriously...

4. what happened to professor Agasa's family!?!?

5. and finally oh boy I'd do anything to know what that computer program was about!!!

also one more thing

6. Conan bow tie I don't understand it there are billions of voices! how can he know which is Kogoro's !

1. why did Toichi became kid?!?!? he should have at least thought about what will happen to his wife and son if he got captured and he was rich (if he's the worldwide known magician he gotta be rich)did he just want to show off?

2. how come Ran baths with Conan even if she thinks that he's a kid ITS STILL AWKWARD i know that I would never bath with a 6 or 7 years old kid even if its a girl!!

3. how come people travel around at any moment they feel like it Shinichi and Ran went to America in an airplane by themselves!! Heiji and kazuha keep coming to Tokyo just to visit Conan, Ran and kogoro! seriously...

5. and finally oh boy I'd do anything to know what that computer program was about!!!

also one more thing

6. Conan bow tie I don't understand it there are billions of voices! how can he know which is Kogoro's !

1: I think it was something involving Yusaku...

2: Um....let me get back on that...

3: Like Cheesus said; its a TV show

4: They all died...icon_twisted.gif, jk.

5: I bet it has a computer virus or something...

6: Um...the dials change the frequency, and Conan has perfect pitch...so, its really trial and error.

It's unstated at this point I think. I don't think it was answered even in Magic Kaito

Public baths in Japan are still used, so I assume there is a higher cultural tolerance for seeing other unrelated people naked.

Shinchi and Ran went to visit with the Kudo parents in LA and then Yukiko got musical tickets so she had them fly to new York directly after that. It isn't weird to fly overseas without adults at their ages anyway, especially if they are going to meet up with more parents at their destination. Judging by Shinichi's house, his family is probably rich enough to afford it. As for Hattori and Kazuha, a quick scope of fares for flights and bullet trains between Tokyo and Osaka look to be about 10000-13000 yen. That's not that bad, and I doubt their families are hurting for cash either. They probably also visit to go shopping and things, so it's not totally just to harass Conan and Ran.

See his wiki page. It has all the known info about his family in it.

Assuming you mean Itakura's program, I have a theory on that. Three years previous, Itakura stopped developing CG due to poor eyesight. Two years ago Tequila showed up at his office to say he didn’t need him anymore. One year later, he was later forced to develop a program with a year deadline. He didn’t want to complete the program “for the sake of humanity.” (380)

Itakura’s program is something an ordinary person would program; specifically someone who programmed games. It probably was a personal project of Itakura's as he was able to stop developing it on a whim; something he wouldn't be able to do so easily if he was paid to make it. If it is a personal project, it doesn't have to be specifically related to games. It could be something related to game development like artificial intelligence, networking, modeling, rendering, etc, or it could be something completely different. That the BO could find out about it in the first place probably indicates that Itakura didn't keep it secret. That means it probably not a virus or something highly illegal Itakura would not want to speak of, although modified it may have those applications.

I suppose it's a matter of spin the dials to try out voices and see what matches. The system must be pretty intuitive because Conan somehow can quickly match voices on the fly.

It's unstated at this point I think. I don't think it was answered even in Magic Kaito

well thats why I am asking about it

Shinchi and Ran went to visit with the Kudo parents in LA and then Yukiko got musical tickets so she had them fly to new York directly after that. It isn't weird to fly overseas without adults at their ages anyway, especially if they are going to meet up with more parents at their destination. Judging by Shinichi's house, his family is probably rich enough to afford it. As for Hattori and Kazuha, a quick scope of fares for flights and bullet trains between Tokyo and Osaka look to be about 10000-13000 yen. That's not that bad, and I doubt their families are hurting for cash either. They probably also visit to go shopping and things, so it's not totally just to harass Conan and Ran.

well going from Japan to America with a friend to meet with his family is not a normal thing I would understand if Shinichi is her cousin and went to visit her aunt or uncle but just going all the way to America just to visit your friend's family.......

1: I think it was something involving Yusaku...

2: Um....let me get back on that...

3: Like Cheesus said; its a TV show

4: They all died...icon_twisted.gif, jk.

5: I bet it has a computer virus or something...

6: Um...the dials change the frequency, and Conan has perfect pitch...so, its really trial and error.

1. that doesn't answer my question....

2. okay take your time

3. actually that answers almost all of my qustions

4. YESSSSSS jk

5. how much do you bet? :P

6. okay

1) Why not become kid

2) IDK

3) Cause its a tv show.

4) it should be on the wiki otherwise its not released yet what happened to the fam

6) He practises :D

1. yeah right why not become a thief that flies and jumps off

Skyscrapers nothing weird about it

2. OK

3. I never knew :P

4. yup I checked it out

6. really?

*4:00 a.m.*

Conan : time to practice how to change voices!

I have many and many to ask, OK, I'll pick one, why there is so many foreign in Detective Conan, especially Americans, are there lot of them in Japan too? Just wondering.

Whom you referring to? FBI in for their work and that's it. I though about Ray too, but since Soccer isn't all out popular in Japan I have no wander why he must be a foreigner

I confirm this answer.

Public baths in Japan are still used, so I assume there is a higher cultural tolerance for seeing other unrelated people naked.

Actually it's pretty usual for adults to bath with children. It's also not unusual for a father to bath with his daughter untill she becomes a teen. That may sounds unapropriate in western culture (I didn't check where you are from) but that's a part of the japanese culture.

And in fact, Ran has also the role of the big sister who looks after Conan. So that explains - I guess - why she wanted to take a bath with him.

I'm really interested to know where you found the airplane ticket from Osaka-Tokyo for 13000 yens. It's really cheap.

Usually the prices are the same by plane or by shinkansen. I know a Shinkansen Ticket cost about 26000 yens for a university student. That's really expensive for only 3 hours. So I understand blueberry's question.

But the Osakans can do it because they are the children of the head police chief of the Osaka district and his subordinate (= Kazuha's father - which is not a detective as you mentionned in the wiki). So they can have a lot of money from their parents.

And I totally agree with your explanation about Shinichi and Ran. Even if Ran hasn't so much money, she actually was invited by Shinichi's mother so...

Well Aoyama should have never thought about that! XD

I'm really interested to know where you found the airplane ticket from Osaka-Tokyo for 13000 yens. It's really cheap.

Usually the prices are the same by plane or by shinkansen. I know a Shinkansen Ticket cost about 26000 yens for a university student. That's really expensive for only 3 hours. So I understand blueberry's question.

I was talking about one way flights which wasn't the most accurate way to state the info. I pulled the info from here: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2364.html and a couple of other tourist aimed websites from around the web I can't track down again. It was probably a mistake to rely on those. I have to say though that looking up fares from various travel websites yields much higher fares (like ~50000 yen for a round trip coming back a week later starting on saturday), so my info could be very incorrect, or else I'm looking during an expensive time...

isn't it discounts for foreigners? Like the japan railpass there aren't available for japanese residents or foreigners residents.

I expected you could introduce me a good way to travel to Tokyo very cheap T__T

The only way I know is the night bus (which cost only 6000 yens) but it takes all the night to go to Tokyo and I unfortunately have motion sickness so I can't take it... Too bad.

isn't it discounts for foreigners? Like the japan railpass there aren't available for japanese residents or foreigners residents.

I expected you could introduce me a good way to travel to Tokyo very cheap T__T

The only way I know is the night bus (which cost only 6000 yens) but it takes all the night to go to Tokyo and I unfortunately have motion sickness so I can't take it... Too bad.

I wish I could help you and thanks for explaining that I had the wrong info on how much it costs to get between the two cities. I didn't realize there were discounts that only foreigners could get. I wonder why those exist?

飛行機【JAL・ANA】

(伊丹~羽田) 22600円 1時間10分 当日OK 正規運賃の場合

1万円以上安い格安チケットもあり

また株主優待券があれば半額!

格安飛行機【スターフライヤー】

(関空~羽田) 20800円 1時間10分 当日OK 格安航空会社のチケットです

※伊丹までと関空までは同料金

These are the usual prices from the 2 airports in Kansai Area. But actually they say there are cheaper flights... But the two Osakans always decide to come to Tokyo very suddenly so I don't really imagine theme looking for a cheaper plan.

Foreigners often come for tourism. In Japan, it's really expensive to travel. Usually people prefer going to China or Korea because it's cheaper than traveling in Japan. So I guess they created the Railpass to develop the tourism.

But actually I was also surprised you said a 12000 yens ticket was not so expensive for a teen. Well, in my opinion, it is. Could it be a different point of view because we live in different countries?

But actually I was also surprised you said a 12000 yens ticket was not so expensive for a teen. Well, in my opinion, it is. Could it be a different point of view because we live in different countries?
I think it reflects more on me who tends to save money fastidiously and strategically. My family background is half Scottish and fits the thrifty penny-pinching stereotype. ;) And in case you were wondering, no I haven't had any haggis.

Ano... I am not sure if my confusion should be posted here but... I may sound stupid to ask this... but anyway!

When Chris and Sharon Vineyard was discovered to be one and the same person in episode 345... back in episode when they showed a flashback of Chris's mother, Sharon's funeral; If Chris and Sharon were actually the same person, then who on earth was lying in the coffin at the funeral?! Who's inside e111de78.gif!? Can you answer to this, Professor Chekhov 044.gif?

When Chris and Sharon Vineyard was discovered to be one and the same person in episode 345... back in episode when they showed a flashback of Chris's mother, Sharon's funeral; If Chris and Sharon were actually the same person, then who on earth was lying in the coffin at the funeral?! Who's inside!? Can you answer to this, Professor Chekhov?

The coffin was closed in the manga panel it appeared in (Volume 34 file 5 / 344 Chapter pg 10, anime ep 279, Hooligan's labyrinth), so it could be no one was in it. If there was something in it, my guesses would be someone else's body disguised as Sharon (The BO could most likely procure one easily) or a wax sculpture (which are creepily lifelike).

also one more thing

1. To be world famous

2.She's a psychopath...jk

3.They go to Tokyo usually during the summer breaks(if my memory serves me right, it is always during the summer holidays when they go to Tokyo) and why won't they want to go to America to watch a performance-A world class performance?

4. Parents-dead

wife-didn't manage to get one with his crazy brain

child-since he don't have a wife, it means that he can't have a son... Although he adopted a daughter,AI.

5.About Gin's affairs...jk

6.He uses Kogoro's everytime. So, he must've remembered which number Kogy's voice is in.