Detective Conan World
Southpaw

Movie 13: The Raven Chaser

so... DCTP released their translation of movie 13 this weekend, and I decided to create this thread so we can talk about it.

Personally, I think it was awesome. This is the first time anyone from the Black Org has been in a movie since the 5th one (Countdown to Heaven), and it was a really compelling story. I came across a raw copy about a week ago, so I watched it... after watching the subbed version, I was surprised at how well I was able to follow what was basically going on (my Japanese isn't very good), but as has happened with other raws, I was happy to be able to fill in the gaps.

I'm not sure what else to say about it at this point, so I guess I'll wait until you all have had a chance to see it, and then we can have a real discussion :)

I have just seen the movie a while ago and boy, it kicked ass! Especially the fight scenes!

Well, though, I expected more of it, I'll still give it an 8/10 rating. I think I can't say anything more about the movie now, huh. I don't want to be a spoiler for you guys. :lol:

Just try watching it now. It's really cool. :D

the movie went to theaters during Golden Week, which is in the spring (that's when all the DC movies have been released)

DCTP had to wait until it was out on DVD before they could release a subbed copy

I liked it it was interesting the mystery was a bit to easy though. It seemed like they just really wanted to work in the BO for the movie but it worked. and now there's another movie out in a year which is always good.

hahaha.. me too... i already watch it.... it's cool!! and it plot great too... but i wonder on the next movie, will gin hire someone to find out about conan?? coz, after conan attack the helicopter, gin said "who's that boy is??" hmm.. i don't think the next movie have a BO... and 100% i'm sure that kaitou kid appear all time in the movie 14...

hahaha.. me too... i already watch it.... it's cool!! and it plot great too... but i wonder on the next movie, will gin hire someone to find out about conan?? coz, after conan attack the helicopter, gin said "who's that boy is??" hmm.. i don't think the next movie have a BO... and 100% i'm sure that kaitou kid appear all time in the movie 14...

Did Gin see Conan's face? If I remember correctly, Conan was hidden in the tower. But I'm not really sure :(.

Lol, no, Gin never did see Conan's face, in fact, he didn't even say "boy", so he was once again, clueless.

[: I'm actually quite pleased at the movie, it's my favorite out of the ones I've seen (which has been most). I really liked the action, suspense, and overall mystery of this one, and the ending was sublime. It was a pity that Irish had to go though, it seemed like he'd be another good addition to the series, like Vermouth, in the subject that he would know Conan's identity but wouldn't hold back.

Another impressive movie, but I must say, the beginning was actually my favorite part ('cause I just adore the scenes that are so tense like that). I didn't think it was really happening in the first place, but if Gin and Vodka had known.. that would have been the ultimate (if not confusing) twist, haha. In fact, I think I'll watch the movie again another time, just to relive the experience and the awesomeness that makes that movie and the series never get old.

actually, I didn't like this movie though. because the story was not very thrill (I guess)

the only part that I like is when happen a fight between gin and irish & conan :blink:

I really liked this movie. I was sorta disapointed a little because it wasn't really what i was expecting. I was expecting more BO action but it was okay i guess. It could have been worst. I really liked the song puzzle :D. I give the movie 8/10. And they sorta rushed the movie a little if you ask me tho. It was still enjoyable.

This movie wasn't really what I was expecting, I think I'd give it a 6/10 rating, but it wasn't too bad either.

• Upvote 1

The beginning (when gin chocked conan)shocked me. I almost dropped my glass.

The beginning makes me giggle, though I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's just because I adore when the 'bad guys' get a chance at 'winning'--despite that that was just a false dream.

The beginning makes me giggle, though I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's just because I adore when the 'bad guys' get a chance at 'winning'--despite that that was just a false dream.

I was expecting it to be good old Hattori. But suddenly a Humongous Man with evil sharp eyes jumped in front of the Screen and I was like "It's GIN!!!"

I was expecting it to be good old Hattori. But suddenly a Humongous Man with evil sharp eyes jumped in front of the Screen and I was like "It's GIN!!!"

Haha! When I first saw Gin, I literally let out a yelp. Gin scares the living shit out of me. haha.

Haha! When I first saw Gin, I literally let out a yelp. Gin scares the living shit out of me. haha.

lol. It almost made me buy a grave to bury my body which almost died of heat attack.

I heard some people didn't like it. Don't ask me. I thought it was amazing, partly because of the B.O. If it didn't have them in it, I feel like it would have been a lot worse. The helmet thing with the helicopter at the end was probably the coolest thing I've seen in my life. I seriously watched the mike like 5 times in a row when it was released. :) Unfortunately, I feel like Detective Conan has pretty much hit its prime and from here on out it will be downhill (hence movie 14). It seems like they're running out of ideas ad it's going to definitely be hard to top they're previous stuff. Detective Conan has done some pretty amazing things. Let's just hope for the best. :)

I loved this one, too! I'd have to say this was the most excited, especially at the end. Some people say that it was boring and confusing, but I thought it was great. I mean, I guess they were trying to be a bit more realistic (except at the end) unlike the previous ones where they land planes without prior knowledge, crumble castles with only a fire (I mean, how did that happen?), fly cars across skyscrapers, play some unthinkable video game, etc. I thought this had a new feel, and I liked it!

I loved the 13th movie, and nothing will convince me to say otherwise. I was freaked out at first when Gin appeared, but when I calmed down I was pretty sure it was a dream. I kind of wish that Irish had kidnapped Conan though, it would've made the plot a whole lot more interesting.

I hope they make more BO movies/chapters. I kind of think that things will be going downhill from now and the story will be coming to an end, but I really hope it won't.

Hopefully the next movie will be just as awesome!

I wish that Conan was kidnapped as well... And I wonder how they made it out of that helicopter? Hm... I also like how all the police officers were in this movie, along with the fact how they were talking about Conan at the meeting.

It amuses me that some people don't like this movie yet love 5, which is the same movie except 13 has

1. no OOC Haibara

2. more B.O.

3. a more interesting mystery

4. references to other cases so that it feels like a continuation of stories (even if it kinda isn't) instead of a random non-canon movie

5. YAMAMURA-KEIBU

It amuses me that some people don't like this movie yet love 5, which is the same movie except 13 has

1. no OOC Haibara

2. more B.O.

3. a more interesting mystery

4. references to other cases so that it feels like a continuation of stories (even if it kinda isn't) instead of a random non-canon movie

5. YAMAMURA-KEIBU

Fixed. :)