Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

Japanese Classroom

Just pointing this out so it can get corrected but on this page there's a typo it says:

...With Thge Japanese Language...

instead of:

...With The Japanese Language...

I just noticed it when I was reading through half the pages on the website and hoped you could fix it...

yup

No, I am not.

New section created especially for this?

Never thought this thread could have grown so big...

Hehehehe. I asked Maurice for this :-D He agreed that it should be made into a section. ;-)

Glad to see you back, Kenny! :D

then where is she from?:huh:

You don't have to know : P

This is not a place to talk about me. If you are not here to attend, then don't come.

Seriously when are you going to do the katakana

Please be patient icon_e_wink.gif We're currently still working on until 'YA' lesson, and we still have RA and friends, WA and friends, then 'N'. After that we'll go to 'Katakana' smile.gif

If you can get the hang of hiragana, katakana will be a cinch. They're all the same letters pronounciation-wise, but they're just written differently and they're used only for nouns.

• Upvote 1

The worst way to learn a new language is by memorizing it. You have to learn and understand it like how you understand english (or whatever your first language may be). It takes time (and often an appropriate environment) but it isn't as hard as your brain makes you think it is.

May I join? I know about zero Japanese. (but I know what a lot of kanji mean because they're just Chinese characters. However, I only know how to pronounce a few like 'ryuu' (dragon) and 'tsuki' (moon) but there are so many different ways to pronounce things that I get confused.) I'm going to try to learn Japanese, Chinese, and work on my Spanish this summer. (haha... And learn to draw, write more, study up Algebra II/Trig, AP Chem, read stuff for Honors English, biology... Oh boy. Summer's going to be tough.. I'm not even in high school yet..)

If you can get the hang of hiragana, katakana will be a cinch. They're all the same letters pronounciation-wise, but they're just written differently and they're used only for nouns.

Listen to Kenny! :D

The worst way to learn a new language is by memorizing it. You have to learn and understand it like how you understand english (or whatever your first language may be). It takes time (and often an appropriate environment) but it isn't as hard as your brain makes you think it is.

Yeah... I don't take a special time memorizing anything. It will eventually stick to your mind whenever (and how frequent) you hear/see/read them! :D

May I join? I know about zero Japanese. (but I know what a lot of kanji mean because they're just Chinese characters. However, I only know how to pronounce a few like 'ryuu' (dragon) and 'tsuki' (moon) but there are so many different ways to pronounce things that I get confused.) I'm going to try to learn Japanese, Chinese, and work on my Spanish this summer. (haha... And learn to draw, write more, study up Algebra II/Trig, AP Chem, read stuff for Honors English, biology... Oh boy. Summer's going to be tough.. I'm not even in high school yet..)

Well, of course, Ayera-chan! Welcome in! Your knowledge of kanji will be very helpful! xD

No romaji. There's 5 points off of your final grade.

xD

When I typed in romanji the rules said "ONLY ROMANJI ALLOWED". Ask Kaoko-san >_<

Well, I thought that some people don't have Japanese system installed in their machines so they can't view the Japanese characters we write. That's why I thought it would be better to put in romaji as well... umm, and I didn't say 'only romaji allowed' xD I said, 'it would be better to type in romaji, too'.

Oh, and, Kenny-sensei. There's something I wanna ask again :-D! Wait, wait... let me get the things.