Detective Conan World
Officer Kaoko

Japanese Classroom

Hi, can I join? All I know at the moment are the things I've learnt from the anime e.g. neechan, arigato things like that :mrgreen:

Gorgeous! Welcome, Stopwatch th_095_.gif! That's useful knowledge you got there :).

I hope you benefit from here B) . Ask anything here about Japanese :D.

You may want to start from the first lesson ->

The most annoying character is ん... Trips me up every time.

Although it doesnt show stroke order. It significantly helped me memorize the characters when looking at them.It shows you stroke order later tho im pretty shure

Lmao Thanks Kaoko-sensei

Ive learned:

a,e,i,o

no,oh,to,ko

Thats pretty much the characters ive learned:D

Now i can add U to the list :D

LOL! Oww... that's so kind, Cheesus-kun 4e5dd44a.gif... but I'm not suited to be called 'sensei' yet 7f5341cc.gif. I'm just a student sharing my knowledge as I move on 015.gif. But you can just call me 'Kaoko-senpai' f529a952.gif.

This is helping me...Rosetta Stone doesn't exactly show stroke order...

Arigatou! Rosseta Stone?

The most annoying character is ん... Trips me up every time.

Although it doesnt show stroke order. It significantly helped me memorize the characters when looking at them.It shows you stroke order later tho im pretty shure

ん is pretty easy... it has the same sound as 'n' and it looks a bit like it :) .

Oh mY GOSH,I'm done lesson1 100 times in my text book,on to lesson 2

OMG 074.gif! You have no idea how I am happy to hear that th_084_.gif, Hatsu-chan!! That's amazing!! You are an awesome student! I'm very glad 016.gif... I hope everyone's doing like her :o .

WHAT!!!th_089_02.gif This is such a pain in the you know where! NOOO!!!064.gif HAVE TO GET BACK TO STUDYINGth_096_K.gif Finally I memorize it 1b38f9e2.gif On to lesson 2

You write that 100 times but you still hasn't memorise it :o ? You have to echo the sound of 'a' all the time you write/repeat the 'a' character :o .

I guess I should do lesson 4 today...

Hiragana: Lesson 4 - 'え' [e]

100px-Japanese_Hiragana_kyokashotai_E.png

Pronunciation:

'え' is pronounced 'eh' as in 'net, set, bet, etc'

Word Beginning with 'え':

1. 円 = ん (en -> yen (Japanese money))
  2. いごく (engoku -> United Kingdom)
  3. 駅 = き (eki -> station)
  4. 演劇 = んげき (engeki -> drama, play)

Strokes order:

200px-%E3%81%88-bw.png

Hiragana_%E3%81%88_stroke_order_animation.gif

The hiragana え is made with two strokes:

1. At the top, a short diagonal stroke proceeding downward and to the right.
  2. At the bottom, a stroke composed of a horizontal line, a diagonal proceeding downward and to the left, and a rightward stroke resembling a tilde (~).

Note: Same as the previous lessons, you shall write 'え' at least 50 - 100 times in your textbook (again :P). Now following the same method; after you do that, write 'あ', 'い', 'う', 'え' each after each (あ, い, う, え, あ, い, う, え, あ, い, う, え, etc.) 100 times (sorry if I'm killing you right now! But this how it should be if you want to stick it in your brain :(!).

VERY IMPORTANT: You have to echo the sound of the character each time time you write/repeat it :o .

• Upvote 2

They are both Sensei :D

Nice:

VOWELS - COMPLETE!

but the thing with ん

is when im figuring out a word like:

おんとこのこ

It always trips my up at first. I mean i find it hard to hear the pronunciation.

BTW

Rosetta Stone is a Language program

Also to reinform people. I posted a Hiragana Book before. Here's what its like:

kdm001_panel03_large_ha.png

@Officer Kaoko: are you the sensei or is it Pr1me 101?

Chigau wa yo! Kenny-sensei is... I'm just teaching what I have learnt :D . You can call me 'senpai' though shake.gif.

They are both Sensei :D

Nice:

VOWELS - COMPLETE!

but the thing with ん

is when im figuring out a word like:

おんとこのこ

It always trips my up at first. I mean i find it hard to hear the pronunciation.

BTW

Rosetta Stone is a Language program

Also to reinform people. I posted a Hiragana Book before. Here's what its like:

kdm001_panel03_large_ha.png

LOL! No, I am not 154218d4.gif~ I am just a senpai miss-bone-143.gif.

What does 'ontokonoko' means efb50fe2.gif? As for the pronunciation, yeah... I guess some people finds it hard :(. After we finish learning the Japanese characters, I would see if we could do Audio lessons th_053_XD.gif. And yeah! I downloaded the file (arigatou gozaimasu) and it was awesome! I'm gonna read it when I find the comfortable time! Thanks again for sharing it with us, Cheesus-kun :D !

Posting the 5th lesson in a bit...

What does 'ontokonoko' means

ooo close. Its otokonoko. I may have typed it wrong.

otokonoko = boy

onnanoko = girl

おんとこのこ = boy

おなのこ = girl

Hurrah lesson 5 coming :D

Hiragana: Lesson 5 - 'お' [o]

100px-Japanese_Hiragana_kyokashotai_O.png

In Japanese writing, the kana お (hiragana) and オ (katakana) occupy the fifth place, between え and か, in the modern Gojūon (五十音) system of collating kana. In the Iroha, they occupy the 27th, between の and く.

Pronunciation:

'お' is pronounced 'oh'.

Word Beginning with 'お':

1. 女 = んな (onna -> woman)
  2. 男 = とこ (otoko = man)
  3. いしい (oishii -> delicious)
  4. れ (ore -> me (casual))
  5. まえ (omae -> you (informal))

Strokes order:

200px-%E3%81%8A-bw.png

Hiragana_%E3%81%8A_stroke_order_animation.gif

The hiragana お is made with three strokes:

1. A horizontal line from left to right.
  2. A stroke consisting of a vertical line, a small diagonal line going upwards and to the left, and an open curve heading right and downwards.
  3. A small curved stroke on the right.

Note: Don't mistake between 'お' and 'あ'... it can easily be mistook for how they are shaped :mellow: .

Same as the previous lessons, you shall write 'お' for at least 50 - 100 times in your textbook (again :D ). Now following the same method; after you do that, write 'あ', 'い', 'う', 'え' and 'お' each after each (あ, い, う, え, お, あ, い, う, え, お, あ, い, う, え, お etc.) 100 times. Echo the sound of the characters in your mind each time time you write/repeat it down :o .

PS. Now that we learnt the 5 vowels (and also new 5 characters) I'll be making a test ;) -> Lesson 1 - 5 Revision

I'm gonna say the same thing about the pronunciation guide on this one, that was said before on a previous one

... the "o" in "odd" is more like "aw"

the sound you're going for here is more like in "owe"

otokonoko = boy

onnanoko = girl

おんとこのこ = boy

おなのこ = girl

Thank you :P ! That is some useful tips you provided :D .

I'm gonna say the same thing about the pronunciation guide on this one, that was said before on a previous one

... the "o" in "odd" is more like "aw"

the sound you're going for here is more like in "owe"

Oh, thank you for pointing out my mistake :o . I couldn't think of any other word >.< and 'odd' was the first word that got in mind.

Umm.. how about 'orange, OK, all, etc.'?

But... I'm stunned you are here :o ... are you here to point my mistakes? Teach? Advice? Edit? Learn? Which?

just observing... I was trying to learn Japanese on my NDS (need to go back... I kinda stopped on level 30)

and I'm not sure "orange" would work... it's still not the same hard "o" sound

just observing... I was trying to learn Japanese on my NDS (need to go back... I kinda stopped on level 30)

and I'm not sure "orange" would work... it's still not the same hard "o" sound

Good, good (level 30, that sure is high level :) . Does that mean you'd already master the characters :o ), may I add you to the list if you don't mind :) ?

Oh, ok... then how about... 'Osaka' :o ?

@Officer Kaoko: are you the sensei or is it Pr1me 101?

We're both sensei's. Kaoko's just teaching everybody on here the basics. We're also working on an archive for those who joined during the middle who wants to start from scratch.

BTW, while Kaoko is teaching hiragana (and eventually katakana) feel free to ask any questions regarding translations, phrases etc... I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

We're both sensei's. Kaoko's just teaching everybody on here the basics. We're also working on an archive for those who joined during the middle who wants to start from scratch.

BTW, while Kaoko is teaching hiragana (and eventually katakana) feel free to ask any questions regarding translations, phrases etc... I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

OMG, that was an awesome compliment I got from Kenny-sensei shake.gif. Thank you :)!

Oh, I forgot to point that out. Yes, everyone is free to ask questions even though there are lessons going on :D. Kenny-sensei will answer them to best of his ability B) . And if you don't mind, Kenny-sensei, I might want to help out if you are not available :) .

I don't mind, due to me being in a different time zone I might not be able to answer every question in real-time. Though it looks like Cheesus did a great job.

otokonoko = boy

onnanoko = girl

おんとこのこ = boy

おなのこ = girl

Girl is written as おんなのこBTW. You forgot the ん.

Also, this is how they are written in kanji (with hiragana mixed in).

男の子

女の子

There's another way of writing them (just remove the no and change the pronounciation).

Danshi 男子

Jyoshi 女子

We'll go into the different pronounciations later though. Hope you don't mind that I kinda taught an advanced lesson Kaoko.

• Upvote 1

OK, Kenny-sensei, here's the second page of the story 'fukinotou'. Please see if my translation is correct :).

Story 'fuikinotou' Page 2:

どこかで、 小さな こえが しました。 『よいしょ、 よいしょ。 おもたいな。』

竹やぶの そばの ふきのとうです。

雪の 下に あたまを 出して、

ゆきを どけようと ふんばって いる とこです。

『よいしょ、 よいしょ。 そとが 見たいな。』

Romanji:

Dokoka de, chiisana koe ga shimashita. "Yoisho, yoisho. Omotaina."

Takeyabu no soba no fukinotou desu.

Yuki no shita ni atama wo dashite, yuki wo dokeyouto funbatte iru tokoro desu.

"Yoisho, yoisho. Soto ga mitai na."

My English translation:

"Yoisho, yoisho! It's heavy," came a cry from somewhere.

It was the plants near the bamboo forest.

It heads popped out from beneath the snow, it tried it best to move the snow out of its way.

"Yoisho, yoisho. We want to see the outside world!"

And your explanation is good. It's simple and informative :D.

Good, good (level 30, that sure is high level :) . Does that mean you'd already master the characters :o ), may I add you to the list if you don't mind :) ?

Oh, ok... then how about... 'Osaka' :o ?

I wouldn't say master, since it's been a while since the last time I worked on it and only a few stuck with me... but level 30 is I think out of 100 or so (or more :P ) ... I guess you can add me to the list, although I don't really intend to put any more effort into this version than the version I have here at home.

and "Osaka" is a Japanese word, so of course it's gonna make the right sound :P

I wouldn't say master, since it's been a while since the last time I worked on it and only a few stuck with me... but level 30 is I think out of 100 or so (or more :P ) ... I guess you can add me to the list, although I don't really intend to put any more effort into this version than the version I have here at home.

and "Osaka" is a Japanese word, so of course it's gonna make the right sound :P

There added :D. そして、 だいじょうぶ だよ, you don't have to :P . The current lessons is for absolute beginners, learning Japanese characters. I hope we could come up with nice lessons in the future :unsure: .

But I'll make you participate with us after this :P

Southpaw, have this: すごい、 ソウパウ-さん... だけど、 30 lv アウト 100 どういう いみ :o ?

Ummm (LOL :lol:)... if not 'Osaka', then what should we put :mellow: ?

aww nooo

See i always miss the ん.

GETS ME EVERYTIME!

Nice translation

Kaoko-sensei

LOL! Daijoubu da yo, Cheesus-kun. You'd get use to it in no time :P .

As for the translation, nah... it's lame. Too literal... I mean... it just doesn't sound natural. I wanna be a translator like Kenny (the one he did before this [i will take Abs. place :P ]).

Trivial fact: When I typd 'Japanese Classroom Forum' in Google, this thread come first :o .

Will be posting a new lesson in awhile [hopefully]...