Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
Inspector Gin

Important Matter

Hi, everyone :) .

Last night I realised something which it very important to this website and the members.

When I first joined this website I was amazed for how good and friendly the members were and open to each other. But recently some events happened and which changed some of the members :( . Like a lot of them are now hardly visiting this website (the regular members from before). I'm not talking about everyone. I'm sure you noticed it, too. So I was thinking that those who does wrong to someone should apologize to the one they offended. For example, 2-4 (or more) members in particular seems to be offended real bad (they don't seem as normal as they were).

So forget the past and let's start a new page. What do you think?

• Upvote 4

Hi, everyone :).

Last night I realised something which it very important to this website and the members.

When I first joined this website I was amazed for how good and friendly the members were and open to each other. But recently some events happened and which changed some of the members :(. Like a lot of them are now hardly visiting this website (the regular members from before). I'm not talking about everyone. I'm sure you noticed it, too. So I was thinking that those who does wrong to someone should apologize to the one they offended. For example, 2-4 (or more) members in particular seems to be offended real bad (they don't seem as normal as they were).

So forget the past and let's start a new page. What do you think?

I'm still alive...

Although i don't know what "events" you are talking about besides the Onion War, I think it would be a good idea.

And, I think the saying is --> Turn over a new leaf.

Let's lighten up the mood. ^^ I just heard this song: http://www.aimini.ne...sUCug9oiJy34d4B a while ago and thought it represents DCWorld. XP

So many faces, so many races

Different voices, different choices

Some are mad, while others laugh

Some live alone with no better half

Others grieve while others curse

And others mourn behind a big black hearse

Some are pure and some half-bred

Some are sober and some are wasted

Some are rich because of fate and

Some are poor with no food on their plate

Some stand out while others blend

Some are fat and stout while some are thin

Some are friends and some are foes

Some have some while some have most

Every color, every hue

Is represented by me and you

Take a slide in the slope

Take a look in the kaleidoscope

Spinnin' round, make it twirl

In this kaleidoscope world

Some are great and some are few

Others lie while some tell the truth

Some say poems and some do sing

Others sing through their guitar strings

Some know it all while some act dumb

Let the bassline strum to the bang of the drum

Some can swim while some will sink

And some will find their minds and think

Others walk while others run

You can't talk peace and have a gun

Some are hurt and start to cry

Don't ask me how don't ask me why

Every color, every hue

• Upvote 1

I'm sure I've pissed people off, and people think they've pissed me off (I'm not that easy to piss off, first of all)... my moderating style is to go after behavior, so if a person does something that goes against the guidelines we've set down, I'm gonna go after them (BUT IT'S NOT PERSONAL!!!!). If I ask you to stop a particular behavior, I expect that you won't keep asking me in different ways whether you can keep doing it (that will piss me off)

and apparently I'm too important to be allowed opinions on things... but I'll have you all know that just because it's my opinion doesn't mean it's the law! In fact, far from it! Take my opinion as simply that... I won't go after people for doing things that annoy me

Well, it was small. It involved Southpaw not liking Onions or something...can't remember, and Kaoko getting a bit huffy...but...What else can I call it?

Nah... now that I think about it, it wasn't that much f a big deal anyway miss-bone-221.gif. Just call it some little argument miss-bone-135.gif It was just some disapproval between members.

And for that, I'm sorry in general if I offended anyone :).

• Upvote 2

Let's lighten up the mood. ^^ I just heard this song: http://www.aimini.ne...sUCug9oiJy34d4B a while ago and thought it represents DCWorld. XP

So many faces, so many races

Different voices, different choices

Some are mad, while others laugh

Some live alone with no better half

Others grieve while others curse

And others mourn behind a big black hearse

Some are pure and some half-bred

Some are sober and some are wasted

Some are rich because of fate and

Some are poor with no food on their plate

Some stand out while others blend

Some are fat and stout while some are thin

Every color, every hue

Some are great and some are few

Others lie while some tell the truth

Some say poems and some do sing

Others sing through their guitar strings

Some know it all while some act dumb

Let the bassline strum to the bang of the drum

Some can swim while some will sink

And some will find their minds and think

Others walk while others run

You can't talk peace and have a gun

Some are hurt and start to cry

Don't ask me how don't ask me why

Every color, every hue

Love that song. Too bad the singer is now dead. For the benefit of others, this song is entitled "Kaleidoscope World" sung and written by Francis Magalona...may he rest in peace...

Back to the topic, the reason that I wasn't that active like before is that I was very busy this semester with college that I seldom go here, but I still read the email notifications.

Not sure what happened but if I in any way offended anyone - I'm more than happy to apologize - I love DC too much to want to see the site go away

PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD!

You have GOT to be kidding me!

Alright, so it's been a while, and I find that Detective Gin's status is the following:

I had a lot of fun in this website, but now it is time to say good bye everyone.....

What's up with this? Something stunk in the air once I read the comments on Detective Gin's and CarpetCrawler's profiles...

This one's from Officer Kaoko's profile:

Claiming that you're able to ban me in more than one instance isn't playing around. Neither is telling other users to come to you if they have a problem with the forum. That is outright impersonation, and will not be tolerated.

And a comment by Officer Kaoko:

He said he was 'offended' D: D:Guessed that we played too much on him D: D:

And these posts bother me...

CC: The fact that you would go and lock your threads and then leave is an absolutely astonishingly immature way to react to a situation in which you should be lucky that you were even GIVEN a second chance in the first place. On other boards, member impersonation is a no-no and would result in a perma-ban. I would've been fine with the dumb "Vice President" stuff, but you felt the need to go to everyone and claim that they could go to you if they had a problem on these boards, AND claimed that you had moderator power that you simply did not have. That's going a few steps way too far, and you know it. Leaving isn't going to make anything different.

CC: Maybe a one month leave or absence, or even just a week, is exactly what you need, but leaving "forever" is pointless, and asking us to lock your threads is completely childish. BTW, I am not locking any of your threads, and neither is Maurice, nor Southpaw. Though you created the threads yourself, they belong specifically to the community, and other members have contributed in them.

CC: Take a week off, and then come back.

DG: I only went to one member and said she\he could come to me four help, because she\he was offended by one of you staff and I only said to you that I had power, and do you know what that power was? it was to take of all your stars....

DG: You make it looks like I am the bad guy. Although you were also playing around. Using moderator's ability against me.

Looks to me like the atmosphere around DCW is sickening...because of one incident...

Although I don't know the nitty-gritties of the situation, I know enough.

What the heck happened, CarpetCrawler?

I think we need a ruling on this by CarpetCrawler or Maurice...

We of DCW need to know!

• Upvote 2

I learned about the situation a couple hours ago and there's currently a discussion going on about this. I'm waiting for Detective Gin's side of the story before saying anything. But I wouldn't say it is a major issue or anything. The situation only concerns one member, and it is NOT a war between many members like people seem to imply. There's absolutely no need to overreact. So, please, everyone just relax and stay calm until everything gets settled.

Thank you!

• Upvote 3

I learned about the situation a couple hours ago and there's currently a discussion going on about this. I'm waiting for Detective Gin's side of the story before saying anything. But I wouldn't say it is a major issue or anything. The situation only concerns one member, and it is NOT a war between many members like people seem to imply. There's absolutely no need to overreact. So, please, everyone just relax and stay calm until everything gets settled.

Thank you!

May I state I am trying to contact Detective Gin, telling him to show his side...

And sorry if I overreacted: I didn't know what was really going on...

Thank you!

Thank you. Said it better than I ever could. Everyone, please heed all of Maurice's words. I will say something as well soon, but right now the staff would prefer that everyone just stop making this sound like it's the end of DCW. Let's all relax until word comes out. Thank you.

May I state I am trying to contact Detective Gin, telling him to show his side...

We would rather you didn't do that. We'd rather that he talk to the DCW staff. Thank you.

We would rather you didn't do that. We'd rather that he talk to the DCW staff. Thank you.

Apologies if this wasn't clear:

I am suggesting DG to tell his story to the DC staff...if it can help...

But if this is something I shouldn't do, then it is Ok..

Apologies if this wasn't clear:

I am suggesting DG to tell his story to the DC staff...if it can help...

But if this is something I shouldn't do, then it is Ok..

Oh, no, that's fine. I thought you meant something else. My apologies.

Oh, no, that's fine. I thought you meant something else. My apologies.

No apology is necessary.

Off-topic post:

I am watching a video on the Mario Strikers Charged game....it looks fun...

I'll be the witness... no, no... the JUDGE

I got this terrifying vision of the theme to "The People's Court" starting up...

*The hilarious People's Court theme starts playing*

"And here is our judge... would you please all rise for the honorable Judge Kaoko!!"

16569314185182253662210.jpg

Kaoko: ORDER!! 040.gif ALL RISE!!040.gif040.gif040.gif040.gif

*later*

Kaoko: YOUR OBJECTION HAS BEEN OVERRULED!! df13952b.gifdf13952b.gifdf13952b.gifdf13952b.gifdf13952b.gif

*later*

Kaoko: 069.gif069.gif069.gif069.gif069.gif069.gif069.gif

*case is over*

Kaoko: LOOKS LIKE ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL DAY FOR JUDGE KAOKO!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 70bff581.gif70bff581.gif70bff581.gif70bff581.gif70bff581.gif70bff581.gif

*later still*

Kaoko: ... finally... time to relax and enjoy my favorite food ever... now that no one is looking...

d5f02ecd.gifOnionRings.32153123_std.jpgd5f02ecd.gif

MMMMMM!!!

d5f02ecd.gifd5f02ecd.gifd5f02ecd.gifd5f02ecd.gifd5f02ecd.gif

• Upvote 4

This was hilariously awesome 026.gif!! I love it (+1) f529a952.gif...

Crawler, you have no idea how I tried to stuff in my laugh for this! This was awfully funny 071.gif! My sides hurts..

This is one of the most hilarious jokes ever done by you! In fact for a second, I can't believe that this actually your post 8c460310.gif!

You actually used Onions, too th_089_02.gifJFBQ00184070402A.gif? I believe this is for your first time 014.gif... at least here in DCW sillyp1.gif... you should do it more often th_053_XD.gif!

I almost forgot that I am actually using Reiko Kujo as my profile picture th_118_.gif!

And those onion rings as my favorite snack 016.gif... that just added more to my laughter miss-bone-48.gif!

Reiko Kujo + Kogoro Mouri + Onions = Kaoko 70bff581.gif

Hah, this should lighten up the atmosphere 154218d4.gif. You know me alright :P <3

PS. I hope you don't mind me quoting this to the Onion thread club :D. You are awesome, CRAWLER!!

Oh, and Maurice... I accidentally blurted 'Detective Conan World War 1' because I thought it was amusing XD but I didn't really mean it :o.

Alright, here's an official statement regarding the incident that occured on Sunday.

We normally wouldn't make such a statement, that describes the situation, who's involved and what actions we took but since the story seems to have had some (small) impact within the community, we found it best to talk about it here for public awareness (and return to "normalness").

Regarding the facts, I'll go straight to the point. Let's just say that Detective Gin misused the forum's title feature by changing his title to "Vice President of DCW" then used it to brag to many other forumers about powers and privileges he had on those forums. CarpetCrawler intervened and challenged him then eventually asked him to remove his title. There's also been some altercations between DG and some other user. But in the end, since these weren't terribly offensive incidents (for example, he didn't use that title to cheat other users into revealing sensitive information), we've decided to settle the case with some warning increase under the charges: "impersonation and improper conduct towards another member". That's it. Case Closed! (somehow interesting to be able to place those two words into the perfect context, isn't it? :P)

Anyway, I have nothing more to say about this case. Things happen. We solve them then move on. It's already in the past now. So, let's now go back to enjoying the world of DC, shall we? :)