Detective Conan World
Sign in to follow this  
tengaku squared

The Hunt - Prologue

The rain slides down the windows of the Porsche.

"When is he even coming?" Gin wondered. Gin had been waiting for 3 hours now, and he was getting irritated. His eyes darted around again, searching for people. He was still, on guard, as if a bomb may go off if he moved even an inch.

Then, Gin heard the roaring of a car, like a lion, getting closer. Instead of playing the role of the prey and running, Gin smoothly reached for his pistol and placed it in his lap.

The lion turned out to be a green Jaguar, which pulled up obnoxiously next to Gin's. The roar calmed down into a small grumble, muffled.

The window of the Jaguar opened slowly, and inside was a man wearing sunglasses. In response, Gin delicately pulls the switch, and the window slowly creaked down. While the window went down, his finger curled around the trigger of the pistol like a rattlesnake. He pointed the pistol out the open window, out of view from the man with the sunglasses in the Jaguar.

"Sorry to keep you waiting," the man remarks, taking off his sunglasses, revealing his blue eyes, which seemed to be able to pierce the soul.

"The promise was for 7. You came at 10. What kept you?"

"That's something I would wish not to say. Anyways, why did you call me, the Red Hawk?"

Gin folded back into a relaxed position. He pulled out the cigarette lighter from the dashboard, and pulled out a cigarette, the dim light from the lighter nudging the darkness of the night back. The lighter came to the cigarette, and went back into the dashboard. Gin placed the cigarette in his mouth, took a small puff, and sighed. "I have a little request for you." He took the cigarette out of his mouth, and faced the Hawk directly into the eyes, as if in a staring contest. Wordlessly, Gin pulled out an envelope from his pocket, and gave it to the Hawk.

The Hawk took the envelope with two fingers, and slowly opened it. From the envelope, he pulled out a small picture, and only then did he take his eyes off Gin and onto the picture. He smirked. "You can kill all these people, but not a kid?"

Gin coldly stared at the Hawk. "What do you expect? He is a detective."

"You're lucky he didn't tattle you and your organization to the police," the Hawk remarked snidely.

Gin loosened his composure and said, "Who would believe him? The police are like the prey, lost in the endless fog. We are the predator, with the scent of the prey already found in the fog, and ready to strike."

The Hawk smirked again. "Anyway, you want me to find this person, and finish the job that your little poison didn't do?" He crossed his arms, as if he just won an argument.

Gin stiffened. "You know a lot about us, don't you?"

The Hawk simply grinned in response. Then his composure became more businesslike. "Don't worry. I keep the information of my clients secret." With that, he closed the window, and turned on the engine of his Jaguar. He threw the car into gear and sped away, his Jaguar making a cleavage through the curtain of droplets.

Gin started his car as well, the engine rumbling to life.

"I will find you, Kudo Shinichi. And you…Sherry…"

Revised version's up! Enjoy!

• Upvote 2

kyaaaa write more write more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

make it an aicon/shinshi love story as well as a story where they are escaping from the clutches of the syndicate XDD

kyaaaa write more write more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

make it an aicon/shinshi love story as well as a story where they are escaping from the clutches of the syndicate XDD

That probably won't happen. The next chapter is going to be called Conan VS. The Red Hawk - The Black Claw Seizes.

I'll leave it up to you to predict what will happen.

Thanks! This is my first fanfic!

That probably won't happen. The next chapter is going to be called Conan VS. The Red Hawk - The Black Claw Seizes.

I'll leave it up to you to predict what will happen.

Thanks! This is my first fanfic!

ok then, good luck! i can't wait to read more!

haha, i guess i just reaaaaally want conan to end up with ai! i look for even teh minute details of a story for little hints of a persons feelings for another... especially tween my fav couple! anything that has to do with conan and ai, well be sure that i'll probably some sort of romance behind it, even if it wasn't intended ;) its just me and my dreaming!

anyways, can't wait for the next part!

• Upvote 1

nooooooooooooooooo :( conan's identity have been discovered!!!

how? when? where?

all the i can say is:

KEEP UP THE GUD WORK AND I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pretty good. Gin has always been my fav character. Keep up the good work

Check my About Me page for updates on how well the next *spoiler* two *spoiler* chapters are going...

Sorry for the double post, but I need to make an announcement:

The next chapter is close to being finished.

Here are a few snippets of the next chapter:

Kaitou Kid makes an appearance to steal a jewel at an aquarium, and gets nearly killed when the BO make a horrendous mistake...

Ran is kidnapped by a mysterious entity known as "the 7-year old Heisei Holmes".

Agasa's house is blown apart by an explosive, and Agasa and Haibara are both critically hospitalized...

Before I officially publish the chapter, I would like to ask you a simple question:

Should the FBI be present at Kaitou Kid's target? Please vote on the poll!

Interesting beginning, but plz don't make it AiCon! I hate that couple and despite my best efforts, unless Ran doesn't exist in a fanfic, I usually stop reading once I get to that point now. I prefer ShinRan forever! Keep on writing!

Interesting beginning, but plz don't make it AiCon! I hate that couple and despite my best efforts, unless Ran doesn't exist in a fanfic, I usually stop reading once I get to that point now. I prefer ShinRan forever! Keep on writing!

Ha ha ha. It can't be AiCon if Haibara *dies* ahem. icon_twisted.gif

• Upvote 1

Ha ha ha. It can't be AiCon if Haibara *dies* ahem. icon_twisted.gif

you do realise, that if you kill ai and don't make it aicon, i will hunt you down, find you, and burn you alive right? *angelic face with a hidden evil intent*