Detective Conan World
Glass Heart

Spider-man (2012), directed by Marc Webb.

Some pictures from the movie:

Andrew Garfield as Spider-man:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MovieAddict/news/?a=27886

Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=26209

Casting:

Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/Spider-man

Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy

Rhys Ifans as Dr Curt Connors/Lizard (villain)

Martin Sheen as Ben Parker

Sally Field as May Parker

Denis Leary as Cpt George Stacy

Irrfan Khan as Van Adder (villain)

Campbell Scott as Richard Parker

Julianne Nicholson as Mary Parker

Chris Zylka as Flash Thompson

Miles Elliot as Billy Connors

Kind of glad they're re-booting the franchise, but IMO, some of the casting is kind of dubious. Sally Field as Aunt May? If it was a voiceover, then yes, but there's no way someone like her would LOOK like a convincing Aunt May?

Then again, none of the movies have ever gotten Peter Parker right (he's supposed to be a nerd, not an attractive hunk, guys,) so expecting them to get it right on this go-round is too much, I guess.

Kind of glad they're re-booting the franchise, but IMO, some of the casting is kind of dubious. Sally Field as Aunt May? If it was a voiceover, then yes, but there's no way someone like her would LOOK like a convincing Aunt May?

Then again, none of the movies have ever gotten Peter Parker right (he's supposed to be a nerd, not an attractive hunk, guys,) so expecting them to get it right on this go-round is too much, I guess.

True, I also agree that they make Peter look a bit too good. But the movies have always been great. Especially the action and the suspense and the climaxes at the end. They always please me. I'm hoping this will be the same story. I'm looking foward to it.

Why re-boot the franchise? i don't understand, and were those web shooters in the Spidey costume :blink: ? They are going backwards, no web shooters! The costume isn't that great in general either. I'm not sure i will like this movie... :(

Andrew Garfiled sucks as Peter Parker.

All the girls are probably excited about it, but he totally sucks as Peter and is way too hot to be him.

And yes, Spidey always used webshooters but I liked it how it was after the 2002 Spider-Man got released.

Awww. . . man!

All the girls are probably excited about it, but he totally sucks as Peter and is way too hot to be him.

And yes, Spidey always used webshooters but I liked it how it was after the 2002 Spider-Man got released.

Awww. . . man!

I agree with the actor, but perhaps it will be fine.

As for the 2002 vs web shooters... Web shooters ALL THE WAY! Here is why... Having unlimited web created by his body is a cheap cop-out. It doesn't allow him to use his awesome chemistry knowledge, and it doesn't force him to be clever. In the comic books Spiderman out wits his foes by using minimal web, because he knows he can't waste them... On top of that... it explains why he puts his fingers the way he does. It is basically another challenge that makes everything more interesting.

Well, I understand what you mean, but I don't think Andrew Garfield is "just" a good-looking actor like we could say of Robert Pattinson from the Twilight saga. I've seen some extract from The Social Network and the guy is incredibly talented.

But this teaser shows Peter Parker as someone really reserved, almost depressive, as he is at the beginning of the movie, not really as the man he becomes after his transformation into Spider-man. But I like the idea of a guy who finds the hero within after he tries to uncover the secret surrounding his parents' disappearance.