Detective Conan World
hopes

What Music Do You Listen To?

Being a music lover, I love all kinds of music! As long as it's clean and has meaning to it.

But what I'm mostly into is J-Pop, and J-Rock music. I also have a few favorite K-Pop artists and songs too. But mostly, I'm all J-Pop/Rock. My most favorites are Acid Black Cherry and Breakerz.

Oh, and I also adore Vocaloid. My most favorite vocaloids are Hatsune Miku and Megurine Luka.

Being a music lover, I love all kinds of music! As long as it's clean and has meaning to it.

But what I'm mostly into is J-Pop, and J-Rock music. I also have a few favorite K-Pop artists and songs too. But mostly, I'm all J-Pop/Rock. My most favorites are Acid Black Cherry and Breakerz.

Oh, and I also adore Vocaloid. My most favorite vocaloids are Hatsune Miku and Megurine Luka.

Music lovers! FTW! :D

I had a longstanding relationship against rap, but recently I've warmed up to it. I'm sticking to Eminem though -- don't think I can take on the others just yet...

Basically anything as long as it sounds good and genuine.

Mostly rock though.

I had a longstanding relationship against rap, but recently I've warmed up to it. I'm sticking to Eminem though -- don't think I can take on the others just yet...

Eminem's great (: Most other rappers I've heard were rather boring in comparison

Eminem's great (: Most other rappers I've heard were rather boring in comparison

Yeah, something about the way he puts the emphasis in his words... Can't believe I hadn't realized how amazing he is sooner. I mean, the first time I saw the guy was in The Interview. It wasn't the best first impression, but the fact that he's been reigning on the charts for years should've told me something.

Yeah, something about the way he puts the emphasis in his words... Can't believe I hadn't realized how amazing he is sooner. I mean, the first time I saw the guy was in The Interview. It wasn't the best first impression, but the fact that he's been reigning on the charts for years should've told me something.

lol, by "The Interview" I thought you meant Weird Al's "interview" of Eminem.

But yeah, there's a sort of power in his voice that makes him that much better, and his music is excellent for exercising.

Em is nowhere at the level where he used to be. Your missing out on a lot of great artists. 

Recs?

Rap-wise: Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole, Vince Staples, Chance the rapper, Big Krit, etc. There's more but I don't wanna bore you. A lot of dope young guys right now. 

Whoa. You're listening to Eminem now. Welcome to the world of rap. :P (It's not like I listen to lots rappers) Emphasis on words? I think I know what you mean. He seems to have this strong pronunciation on words when he's rapping it out adding emotions to it.

I'm not gonna agree with Ryo tho saying that he is nowhere he used to be, I think he's better now than he was before, content wise. But impact wise, he dwindled down. His songs became cliched. His older songs tho was worse and was violent, nasty and immature which I'm happy that he stopped lately. Courtesy to the controversial song "Kim" which almost made his ex-wife commit suicide. Never tried listening to it.

===

Anyways, What music do I listen to? Genre wise, I used to be stuck only with Alternative Rock but like last year ago, I became open to any genre. I don't really discriminate any kind of music but normally, I look for songs that have meaning to it as opposed to those songs that talk about nonsense, drugs and youknowwhat.

But, of course, my preference is still on Alt. Rock specifically those infused with jazz, RnB, soul genre or new wave. It's just that my top favorite band (The Script) for a really long time now is on that genre. They really set the bar of my preference, really. Train has probably the most identical sound with them then Maroon 5 then those other  Alternative Bands out there that are my fave too. Anyways, that answers the question of what type of music do I listen to.

Whoa. You're listening to Eminem now. Welcome to the world of rap. :P (It's not like I listen to lots rappers) Emphasis on words? I think I know what you mean. He seems to have this strong pronunciation on words when he's rapping it out adding emotions to it.

I'm not gonna agree with Ryo tho saying that he is nowhere he used to be, I think he's better now than he was before, content wise. But impact wise, he dwindled down. His songs became cliched. His older songs tho was worse and was violent, nasty and immature which I'm happy that he stopped lately. Courtesy to the controversial song "Kim" which almost made his ex-wife commit suicide. Never tried listening to it.

Lol, he's no longer where he used to be. There's actually guys who are way better than him and it's not even close. On the "immature" part, you can still find on that on his recent songs. His albums as of late are not on par with his earlier work. So many guys would wash Em lyrically. 

Lol, he's no longer where he used to be. There's actually guys who are way better than him and it's not even close. On the "immature" part, you can still find on that on his recent songs. His albums as of late are not on par with his earlier work. So many guys would wash Em lyrically. 

Well, personally for me, I just prefer his present music compared to the older ones. And on the immature thingy, I meant like those songs where he is purely aggressive and nasty and purporting violence. As I said, the song "Kim" speaks for that. That song is outright a death threat. Then the song "cleanin' out my closet", to a lesser extent, is also pure aggression. I find it hard to believe that alot of people praises those songs especially the former.

As for using alot of obscene language on his songs, that's really fine to me. It's not immature. Those are just meaningless words. It's hypocrital for me to hate on him for that.

Anyways, I only know few songs from Eminem and mostly of them are those popular ones so better not take me seriously here.

And also, I wouldn't argue with you. We are entitle to have our own preference and opinions here, man.

Well, personally for me, I just prefer his present music compared to the older ones. And on the immature thingy, I meant like those songs where he is purely aggressive and nasty and purporting violence. As I said, the song "Kim" speaks for that. That song is outright a death threat. Then the song "cleanin' out my closet", to a lesser extent, is also pure aggression. I find it hard to believe that alot of people praises those songs especially the former.

As for using alot of obscene language on his songs, that's really fine to me. It's not immature. Those are just meaningless words. It's hypocrital for me to hate on him for that.

Anyways, I only know few songs from Eminem and mostly of them are those popular ones so better not take me seriously here.

And also, I wouldn't argue with you. We are entitle to have our own preference and opinions here, man.

Actually, you can. Other artists are criticized for doing the same thing, but Em gets away with it effortlessly. It's not meaningless words when you're a grown man bashing women in your lyrics. I probably haven't cared for his music since 04. 

Absolutely correct on preferences/opinions, but hip-hop isn't defined by that guy. Idk why everyone ignores every "rap" artist except him. 

It's not even an argument man, I just like having music discussions lol I'm a music junkie  :)

Actually, you can. Other artists are criticized for doing the same thing, but Em gets away with it effortlessly. It's not meaningless words when you're a grown man bashing women in your lyrics. I probably haven't cared for his music since 04. 

Absolutely correct on preferences/opinions, but hip-hop isn't defined by that guy. Idk why everyone ignores every "rap" artist except him. 

It's not even an argument man, I just like having music discussions lol I'm a music junkie  :)

I was talking about him using obscene language not him violently bashing woman or any particular individual. The former is fine to me but the latter, definitely not.

I don't really listen to pure rap/hip-hop that much coz the current stigma brought up by the popular rappers that defines the genre is that it is all about drugs, nonsensical and youknowwhat stuffs. And also, I just don't really dig in the genre of rap. There's no real melodic singing to it. In all honesty, Rapping is just talking really quickly with instrumentations at the back. It's just boring to me (sorry that I said that.) The only thing that makes me wanna listen to a rap song are the awesome poetic/story-oriented lyrics which Eminem struck really well. But anyways, I only know few rappers so I might be wrong.

Well you found a match, mate. I'm also a music junkie :P but a different one, I'm not the kind of junkie who goes in lengths to find a great artist to listen to.

I was talking about him using obscene language not him violently bashing woman or any particular individual. The former is fine to me but the latter, definitely not.

I don't really listen to pure rap/hip-hop that much coz the current stigma brought up by the popular rappers that defines the genre is that it is all about drugs, nonsensical and youknowwhat stuffs. And also, I just don't really dig in the genre of rap. There's no real melodic singing to it. In all honesty, Rapping is just talking really quickly with instrumentations at the back. It's just boring to me (sorry that I said that.) The only thing that makes me wanna listen to a rap song are the awesome poetic/story-oriented lyrics which Eminem struck really well. But anyways, I only know few rappers so I might be wrong.

Well you found a match, mate. I'm also a music junkie :P but a different one, I'm not the kind of junkie who goes in lengths to find a great artist to listen to.

Oh, there's a ton of artists who fit that, but like you said, you only know a few rappers. I think there's more depth to the genre than just labeling it as instrumentation, followed by a rap. There's a ton of rap artists who are promoting certain things, but they won't have the longevity, so they shouldn't define the genre. It might not be what is was  15-20 years, but there's a lot of talented guys who have emerged. If anything, some of the best albums over the past few years have been from hip-hop. It beats hearing the same bubblegum pop songs on the radio every day tbh. I'm kinda disappointed in Rock as well, these bands are nothing like the ones from the past. 

A match you say?

giphy.gif

On 5/15/2016 at 9:54 PM, Ryo said:

Oh, there's a ton of artists who fit that, but like you said, you only know a few rappers. I think there's more depth to the genre than just labeling it as instrumentation, followed by a rap. There's a ton of rap artists who are promoting certain things, but they won't have the longevity, so they shouldn't define the genre. It might not be what is was  15-20 years, but there's a lot of talented guys who have emerged. If anything, some of the best albums over the past few years have been from hip-hop. It beats hearing the same bubblegum pop songs on the radio every day tbh. I'm kinda disappointed in Rock as well, these bands are nothing like the ones from the past. 

A match you say?

giphy.gif

I just don't really prefer rap and hip hop on its own. I'm sorry. I love rock with a mixture of hip hop or rap.  IMO, I don't think it's fair to say that the best albums came from the Hip Hop genre coz it's a matter of preference.

On the rock tho, It seems like rock is dying now and the rock bands are trying to change their sound to fit the current preferred genre. I'll beg to differ tho on you saying that the (Alternative) Rock bands we have now suck. With the exception of the new Maroon 5 and Coldplay, almost every current rock bands we have now are still as good as they were.( but they're pretty few now.) It's just that they don't do, you know, the classic lineup which just uses electric guitar, drums, bass and vocals. Bands nowadays would always use too much synthesizer (the electronic sound) on their music to make it more livelier and appealing.

Maroon 5 is a great example of this.  they would only use electric guitar and piano/keyboard on their music before. Now, they're a full blown electronic pop rock band. But they're kinda sucky now anyways. Their music has now this "dance club song" vibe compared to their old "cafe-type song". I mean just listen to "She will be loved" then listen to "Moves like jagger", you'll get what I mean. One thing that I still love about their music tho is that they still retained that jazzy sound eventho they jumped genres.

I dunno if you heard the new OneRepublic song but it seems like they're going down the same road where Maroon 5 headed. I hope they really don't. They're one of the remaining few good bands out there.

Also, the current mainstream music isn't that completely bad that I would write it off. I mean you have musicians like Adele, Sam Smith, John Legend, Charlie Puth, Bruno Mars, Ed Sheeran etc etc who reigns the charts and all of them are phenomenal singer-songwriters.

1 hour ago, .MK. said:

I just don't really prefer rap and hip hop on its own. I'm sorry. I love rock with a mixture of hip hop or rap.  IMO, I don't think it's fair to say that the best albums came from the Hip Hop genre coz it's a matter of preference.

On the rock tho, It seems like rock is dying now and the rock bands are trying to change their sound to fit the current preferred genre. I'll beg to differ tho on you saying that the (Alternative) Rock bands we have now suck. With the exception of the new Maroon 5 and Coldplay, almost every current rock bands we have now are still as good as they were.( but they're pretty few now.) It's just that they don't do, you know, the classic lineup which just uses electric guitar, drums, bass and vocals. Bands nowadays would always use too much synthesizer (the electronic sound) on their music to make it more livelier and appealing.

Maroon 5 is a great example of this.  they would only use electric guitar and piano/keyboard on their music before. Now, they're a full blown electronic pop rock band. But they're kinda sucky now anyways. Their music has now this "dance club song" vibe compared to their old "cafe-type song". I mean just listen to "She will be loved" then listen to "Moves like jagger", you'll get what I mean. One thing that I still love about their music tho is that they still retained that jazzy sound eventho they jumped genres.

I dunno if you heard the new OneRepublic song but it seems like they're going down the same road where Maroon 5 headed. I hope they really don't. They're one of the remaining few good bands out there.

Also, the current mainstream music isn't that completely bad that I would write it off. I mean you have musicians like Adele, Sam Smith, John Legend, Charlie Puth, Bruno Mars, Ed Sheeran etc etc who reigns the charts and all of them are phenomenal singer-songwriters.

How is it not fair? I said some of the best albums over the years, so that doesn't diminish any album from other genres. Plus, I didn't say rock bands suck, you did that just now lol I said they aren't like the ones of old. There's some decent bands, but a lot of them aren't really pushing the envelope. Like Prince said (RIP) we live in a singles driven country now, where a lot of artists don't focus on the idea of a complete album anymore (some still do.) That's how I feel about Maroon 5. I'll enjoy their singles, but their albums as a whole? I'm never a fan. There's too much filler in music now, and it's obvious when you listen to albums now a days. I'll always be a Coldplay fan, but those last albums just don't compare to their earlier work. IMO, their reached their ceiling was Viva La Vida. I feel the same about the Killers and The Strokes. Face it, there's a ton of artists now who can make catchy music, but we don't have as many creative geniuses as we did in the past. 

As for One Republic, I heard the new song. It's decent. I generally enjoy their music, and I hope they stay true to themselves.

Those are great artists you mentioned, but I said bubblegum artists,  and that doesn't fit what I was talking about :D

We're in the catchy music era. A lot of artists are struggling to find their own sound. 

Most of the time I listen to punk rock bands like Green Day, blink-182, and Fall Out Boy, or alternative rock bands like My Chemical Romance, Panic! At The Disco, and twenty one pilots, and I’ll occasionally listen to rap/hip hop, mostly Blackbear. Also, I listen to the best jingles and mostly listen tv commercial jingles.