Detective Conan World
Akazora

Is Snake's "Organization" the same as the Black Organization?

Okay, so there have been a lot of rumors about Snake's Organization being the Black Organization. For those who are confused, Snake is the main antagonist of the Magic Kaito series. He killed Toichi Kuroba, the first Kaitou Kid. Ever since, Jii (and later Kaito), dressed as Kid in order to lure out the elusive Snake and the rest of his comrades. It is known that Snake is looking for an immunity potion in the form of a gem. The only other Organization member that works with Snake is a man named Rose who appeared in OVA 4. Snake's other nickname is Jackal and he wears all black, just like Gin and Vodka. In my opinion, I don't think Snake is part of the Black Organization, but I do hope that he is. His name doesn't fit unless you consider snake wine, and Rose doesn't fit unless you consider rose alcohol which is a stretch. Also, his motive isn't all that consistent with the Black Organization's. He is looking for a gem that grants immortality. Though the Black Organization could also be searching for immortality, they appear to use science rather than myth. Though it seems that Snake isn't part of the Black Organization, I really hope his is. He looks evil, he has the right personality, and he has a great name to tie it all up. But that's just my speculations. What do you think? Is Conan's organization and Kaitou Kid's organization one and the same? Or are they completely different things?

I don't think so. Let's not forget that Gosho wrote about Snake almost 20 years ago. Could Snake have been one of his inspirations for the Black Organization? Most definitely. But I don't think he's a member.

My thoughts are no. Magic Kaito's Pandora thing isn't canon to DC other than Kaito Kid making vague references to jewels not being what he is looking for. Kaito Kid doesn't have any relevance to the DC main plot either; his only appearances are "fillers". Also the Magic Kaito Org was considerably less cautious than the DC Black Org: Snake casually revealed his codename and the fact he killed Toichi to Kaito, and the boss revealed the Pandora mission outside where anyone could eavesdrop.

The Pandora story doesn't make much sense either. If the comet appears once every 10,000 years than that means its last pass predates (by thousands of years) written history and the required gem cutting technique to put one cut stone in another, so how could the Pandora legend exist and not be forgotten or warped beyond recognition by thousands of years of oral tradition? Even if someone was immortal, unless immortality also comes with resistance to disease, cancer, and mortal wounds, there is a good chance anyone using it would have died due to some accident or another well before the 10,000 year mark.

The MK org was the likely inspiration for the Black Org. Gosho gutted the magic in order to harmonize the mission with "science" because magic and detective fiction don't mix, made the Black Org more serious, and redesigned it so it could be unraveled over many mysteries and plot arcs.

The MK org was the likely inspiration for the Black Org. Gosho gutted the magic in order to harmonize the mission with "science" because magic and detective fiction don't mix, made the Black Org more serious, and redesigned it so it could be unraveled over many mysteries and plot arcs.

Exactly. I tend to think this way, too. Gosho probably also understood how much of an interesting character he had in Kaitou Kid, coupled in with the fact that he never actually finished Magic Kaito... and there you go. Hence, I truly doubt Gosho will do much with Kaitou Kid's ending.

Actually I remember the inspiration for the B.O. being from another manga, the name of which I can't remember at the moment, about a police officer (whom, if memory recalls, looks similar to Inspector Nakamori) who had his body shrunk by two mysterious people (whom later became Gin & Vodka. Only he wasn't turned into a kid, more like a man who shrunk. At least according to the DC digests that is.

My guess is that Anokata might be influenced by that organisation but I don't think Aoyama will go deeper into the origin of the organisation. He will just write about the present org...

Actually I remember the inspiration for the B.O. being from another manga, the name of which I can't remember at the moment, about a police officer (whom, if memory recalls, looks similar to Inspector Nakamori) who had his body shrunk by two mysterious people (whom later became Gin & Vodka. Only he wasn't turned into a kid, more like a man who shrunk. At least according to the DC digests that is.

That's from a short story that Gosho himself wrote. Are you sure about that?

My thoughts are no. Magic Kaito's Pandora thing isn't canon to DC other than Kaito Kid making vague references to jewels not being what he is looking for. Kaito Kid doesn't have any relevance to the DC main plot either; his only appearances are "fillers". Also the Magic Kaito Org was considerably less cautious than the DC Black Org: Snake casually revealed his codename and the fact he killed Toichi to Kaito, and the boss revealed the Pandora mission outside where anyone could eavesdrop. The Pandora story doesn't make much sense either. If the comet appears once every 10,000 years than that means its last pass predates (by thousands of years) written history and the required gem cutting technique to put one cut stone in another, so how could the Pandora legend exist and not be forgotten or warped beyond recognition by thousands of years of oral tradition? Even if someone was immortal, unless immortality also comes with resistance to disease, cancer, and mortal wounds, there is a good chance anyone using it would have died due to some accident or another well before the 10,000 year mark.The MK org was the likely inspiration for the Black Org. Gosho gutted the magic in order to harmonize the mission with "science" because magic and detective fiction don't mix, made the Black Org more serious, and redesigned it so it could be unraveled over many mysteries and plot arcs.

My answer is a bit wishy-washy.

First of all, Snake isn't a wine name, is it? Nor is Rose.

However, they do have similar attire, and Conan seems to know Jackal (Snake).

It just seems that two secret organizations may have something to do with each other: wouldn't they notice the other eventually?

My thoughts are no. Magic Kaito's Pandora thing isn't canon to DC other than Kaito Kid making vague references to jewels not being what he is looking for. Kaito Kid doesn't have any relevance to the DC main plot either; his only appearances are "fillers". Also the Magic Kaito Org was considerably less cautious than the DC Black Org: Snake casually revealed his codename and the fact he killed Toichi to Kaito, and the boss revealed the Pandora mission outside where anyone could eavesdrop.

The Pandora story doesn't make much sense either. If the comet appears once every 10,000 years than that means its last pass predates (by thousands of years) written history and the required gem cutting technique to put one cut stone in another, so how could the Pandora legend exist and not be forgotten or warped beyond recognition by thousands of years of oral tradition? Even if someone was immortal, unless immortality also comes with resistance to disease, cancer, and mortal wounds, there is a good chance anyone using it would have died due to some accident or another well before the 10,000 year mark.

hmmm.... if that's so, what do you think would happen to Kid in the end? arrestd or what?

maybe when gosho wrote about snake's org, it wasn't connected to the black org but now that he created the black org, maybe gosho made a connection like snakes a part of the gem department or something. since the black org seeks for eternal youth, it's possible that they researched every field, be it mythological(pandora) or scientific(aptx4869)...

I have my own very vague theory how Gosho could tie these together...

Something happened to Vermouth that made Boss of BO in DC start the BO's main reseach project (which eventually led to APTX) and hired dudes to protect the project and keep it secret using any means necessery while using their skills to get more money for the research.

somewhere along the Line someone (other than BO) noticed Vermouth didn't age and as a silly joke she told them how she has lived almost 10 000 years and how she got the immortality from certain gem and how some greeks started naming her Pandora and made the myth based on her.Then she told them how the gem is inside other gem and could be identified by only looking it in moonlight and how it would shine red.

the guy took it seriously and as how indifferent towards life BO is they just laughed at their sillyness and didn't correct them...and MK Org is born...from a joke...

;D

and somewhere along the line Touchi got inlvolved, Vermouth found out,told the truth or Touchi digged it up...and as he tried to make the MK org realize it...they killed him...for "trying to make fun of us" or something like that...

And when Vermouth meets KID she'd tell him it...and Kaito would probably get REALLY MAD...

but I believe that if Gosho wants to involve MK characters to DC he'd have to tell the story a bit differently...cut the supernatural elements...

They may have some kind of connection ,or he may be a part of the organization. That is because they both want immortality . :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: And who knows kid's appearance in the manga could also have reasons like uniting Conan and him .I think Snake has definitely has a connection. :?

I think they aren't the same organisation, it's just too odd if they are. Honestly, the MK organisation is REALLY dumb while the BO is REALLY smart.

However, I do think that they might be related in some way, like the BO using them without them knowing. :D

There is still the possibility that it is true. For example, the "boss" is also unknown, and the 2 series seem very connected now. I'm wondering if Gosho is planning to link them up together before the series ends, since Shinichi was also in one of the Magic Kaito episodes.

There is still the possibility that it is true. For example, the "boss" is also unknown, and the 2 series seem very connected now. I'm wondering if Gosho is planning to link them up together before the series ends, since Shinichi was also in one of the Magic Kaito episodes.

He was? Which one? Where do you find the MK episodes? I could only find ep 1.dry.gif

He was? Which one? Where do you find the MK episodes? I could only find ep 1.dry.gif

If you want to find more episodes of M.Kaito ...check this site

http://dctp.ws/

Also i haven't seen shinichi in anime but he has come in a chapter of m.kaito

http://dctp.ws/All/selectKidV4.html

Read the black star chapters .

If you want to find more episodes of M.Kaito ...check this site

http://dctp.ws/

Also i haven't seen shinichi in anime but he has come in a chapter of m.kaito

http://dctp.ws/All/selectKidV4.html

Read the black star chapters .

Sorry, I meant the manga...

Hey guys! A big major news. Some magic Kaitou kid's episodes label as Detective Conan after they are aired in DC episodes. Chev I know you stick to your theory, but you really going to deprive the idea of it be taking part in Detective Conan episode when Gosho felt there's potential to create story altogether? Episodes for DC from Kaitou kid's point of view created. Detective Conan and Kaitou kid crossover manga also created. One of the episodes were created and based on that crossover comic. This is cover what it looks like...

Photo2347.jpg

I don't think so. Let's not forget that Gosho wrote about Snake almost 20 years ago. Could Snake have been one of his inspirations for the Black Organization? Most definitely. But I don't think he's a member.

but i just don't get it, maybe he's like Vermouth, like, he never age. if i remember, there was a time that he talked to Gin.

but i just don't get it, maybe he's like Vermouth, like, he never age. if i remember, there was a time that he talked to Gin.

Snake and Gin haven't anywhere near each other ever because the MK Org has never appeared in DC so far.