Detective Conan World
Akazora

DC Opening 30 - Tear Drops by Caos Caos Caos

The opening theme song was released not too long ago, and now the official video came out. This is the best video I could find on YouTube --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQsyTTR7oqw. If there is a better link, please share it!

These are my thoughts on it:

Pros:

-Great song

-Very ShinRan (could be good or bad)

Cons:

-Very few characters. The only characters that move are Conan, Ran, Shinichi, and Kaito Kid. The others characters are just in the picture at the end when Conan says the sponsors.

-Dancing girl is in the opening (who I suspect is the lead singer in the new all girls band Caos Caos Caos)

-Not very exciting (except for the song. It's the pictures that aren't very exciting)

In my opinion, this wasn't the best opening, but it was alright. I think Caos Caos Caos will be very successful in the future as long as they keep their bond with the DC corporation. This song was great. They're getting off to a very good start in their singing career.

Now you guys can share your opinions. What did you guys think about the 30th opening? Share any thoughts!

• Upvote 1

My thoughts, copied and pasted from the entry on DCW's Facebook page.

Oh my god. This is AWFUL. The song is good and all, but... WOW. Who actually thought THIS would be a great idea for an opening sequence? It just looks so cheesy and forced. There are barely any scenes in this one, and most of them are just rehashes of what we've been getting with the other openings. Wow. And the dancing... that's the worst part. I'd be embarrassed to be caught watching this during that scene. It just looks SO bad.

"Hilariously awful" is a good term I'd use to describe Opening 30. Another term would be "I'd be embarrassed to be caught watching this."

• Upvote 1

Caos Caos Caos is a 5 member (all girl) group. They're also dance group so that explains why there's an animated version of their leader dancing, abit too much. You can't blame them though, Japan's top selling artists are your usual singing and dancing idol-type acts (AKB48, Arashi etc..) their manager or A&R must've asked Gosho to put that in.

Not exactly the best intro DC's had, but not the worst either. Guess OP's and CS's are a hit-or-miss when it comes to non-Giza studio acts like B'z and Breakerz.

I think the song is good, but the dancing... are they serious? It's cute and all but DC is not about being cute, it's solving crimes and being hunted by an evil organization... I don't think that's cute. I guess there are some things in DC that are cute, but putting a dancing schoolgirl in the opening might give the wrong impression, they should have put BO in instead, but not doing the dance... great, now i can't get the picture of a dancing Gin out of my head...not cute...

• Upvote 1

...but putting a dancing schoolgirl in the opening might give the wrong impression, they should have put BO in instead, but not doing the dance... great, now i can't get the picture of a dancing Gin out of my head...not cute...

That was hilarious 014.gif! Gin dancing 5c745924.gif? LOL! Just imagining his hair dancing with him sillyp1.gif I couldn't hold my laughter! Mwahahahaha 026.gif!

Glad you thought it amusing Kaoko, I'd especially like it if he did that part when she made a heart with her hands,^^ did you imagine him in the school uniform or his black coat?

I'm sorry if I offended anyone earlier, i might have been a little upset because i wanted more suspense in the opening

My apologies

Like I said, a lot of J-Pop groups have a dance for almost every song they release. It's like ever since the K-Pop invasion and Soulja Boy boom, everyone needs a dance to a song for it to become a hit.

Glad you thought it amusing Kaoko, I'd especially like it if he did that part when she made a heart with her hands,^^ did you imagine him in the school uniform or his black coat?

I'm sorry if I offended anyone earlier, i might have been a little upset because i wanted more suspense in the opening

My apologies

I imagined it in both and both were hilarious sillyp1.gif! It's hard to imagine Gin's smiling face though. LOL! I just imagined the whole BO members dancing! Fabulous f529a952.gif.

If you ever watched Naruto, there's also a OP/EN theme song when Naruto and some of the main characters were dancing. And it was really awkward! Especially when I watched the fan made version of it th_093.gif.

This is the original one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XleZhyB3vK0

This is the fan made version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcocfhtKOG4

Which is worst? The DC one or this th_116_.gif?

Haha, maybe Kaito Kid was entered in there to show that the lead singer of Caos Caos Caos stole the opening from the other characters. But seriously, I actually like the song, though it's not my favorite overall opening. I did LOVE the part where Shinichi is walking away from the glasses, bowtie and whatnot.

I'm not watching Naruto, I've only seen a couple of episodes, so I'm not as offended by that as I was by the DC opening, and isn't Naruto supposed to be funny anyway?

It is suppose to be funny 1b38f9e2.gif... but it's dramatic at the same time ^_^. You were offended by this? LOL! I actually liked this dance better than Conan's one from Koi Thrill Love th_095_.gif.

I hope that group paid them to use the dancing girl... I like the song, but would have preferred seeing the characters that are actually in the anime performing action shots - the heart thing was cute, but would've been cuter if Ran (then Ai, then Ayumi) were to have been doing it. And maybe even a short shot of Sonoko making the heart at Kaito Kid. The rest of the dance could've been left out entirely... as could the girl.

That would have been cute, but still DC related, however I do prefer action in the opening, but maybe that was getting old and they wanted something new. I don't think I liked the opening with Conan dancing either, but at least you see him in more than the opening.

LOL 071.gif!

Anyway, the only thing I don't like in this opening is... they didn't future most of the characters. Only Ran, Conan, Shinichi, and Kaito who were ever shown (if my memory is correct). As for the dancing, I think the more I see of it the more crazy I go over it (because of the super awesomeness). I don't know but, I think the dancing is really, really cute and cool th_095_.gif074.gif.

I loved the song and the ShinRan epicness, but I can't believe they didn't have Heiji and Kazuha! They are must haves!

I'm also a bit pissed they didn't feature the BO... I mean, I know they are bad guys and all, and the music was a bit too upbeat for that, but in Magic they at least featured Gin!