38 members have voted

1. 1. Is Kaito Kid overrated?

• Overrated
    • A little overrated
    • Not overrated or underrated
    • A little underrated
    • Underrated

does anyone agree with me ?? :?:

everyone (almost everywhere) always talks about kaito kid being soo cool. I don't think he's that cool. He's too arrogant and sure of himself. I wish he would get caught at least once!

It's not that i hate this character, but.......

• Upvote 1

The reason he's arrogant is that he can't be caught. He's proven himself time and time again. You may be sick of him but the fact remains that in the conan universe he's the greatest thief ever.

You know Dick maybe you're right. I guess all this time I was jealous of Kid for being a better theif than me, but now I realize that it's not that he's a better thief it's that he's a better man, JK. But seriously Dick I thank you for being so great.

Well thanks for the compliment DCF you're awesome as well and hey it's alright if you don't like Kid to be honest his manga kind of sucked so I don't think he's good on his own but as rival I think he's alright. (Touching music plays as Dick75 and Detectiveconanfan hug in front of sunset.)

uh... ok...... that was weird..... i think their's ok as rivals, but i wish Shinichi would catch him at least once. the only reason he hasn't is 1) either he's still conan 2) he has no authority to order others to do stuff (like make a trap or something, when he conan or shinichi) 3) he's being nice. i mean he always figures out his plan, you know?

It was joke man relax.

As for why Shinichi hasn't caught him it's because he can't. Conan figures out his plans when they're pretty much over. Kid is smarter than him maybe not by a lot but by enough.

What would you expect from a person who is a good combination for Shin'ichi: detective vs. thief. Besides, he looks like Shin'ichi which makes him cooler, I guess. I did somewhat agree with Conan when he first saw Kaitou Kid (although I believe this was done on purpose by scriptwriter [or the author of the manga]) that it was (forgot those words but I am sure I agreed to it Dx) having the cape and all that.

He almost always has a trick to get away and that is what makes him great. The first meeting for example, when he changed out of his ran disguise, he tossed underwear at conan and told him that she was probaly cold without it. That is a pretty amazing way to force an escape IMO. He has contingency plans that other criminals do not and that is what makes him as good as he is.

What would you expect from a person who is a good combination for Shin'ichi: detective vs. thief. Besides, he looks like Shin'ichi which makes him cooler, I guess. I did somewhat agree with Conan when he first saw Kaitou Kid (although I believe this was done on purpose by scriptwriter [or the author of the manga]) that it was <blah blah blah> (forgot those words but I am sure I agreed to it Dx) having the cape and all that.

well i guess, but i still think he's annoying. Xd but i have to say he is an ok opponent

I did somewhat agree with Conan when he first saw Kaitou Kid (although I believe this was done on purpose by scriptwriter [or the author of the manga]) that it was <blah blah blah> (forgot those words but I am sure I agreed to it Dx) having the cape and all that.

you mean when he was thinking that he looked really confident and stuff?

The first meeting for example, when he changed out of his ran disguise, he tossed underwear at conan and told him that she was probaly cold without it. That is a pretty amazing way to force an escape IMO. He has contingency plans that other criminals do not and that is what makes him as good as he is.

i guess he is creative and smart, but so is shinichi in a way... so why does everyone like kaito instead?

I agree. I never understood the hype around Kaito Kid.

Don't get me wrong, he's a fun character. I don't hate him, but I never LOVED him either.

Actually, when I first started watching the show (I was about 4 or 5) I remember being incredibly confused about who he was, what he was doing and why he was doing it. It's not until now that I'm actually starting to figure out who he is.

So even from back then, to me, he was just a really weird guy.

Well, right now I'm actually reading the manga for the first time, so maybe once I'm done I'll be converted too. But for now, he seems a bit overrated...

In my theory, the reason why Conan can't caught him is that there is something far more deep on Kid's acts. Even though he is a thief, he is acting a detective as well, just like in episode 219 or movie 3 or movie 10. He is far more than just an intelligent thief. If the police happens to caught him, that means losing an exceptional detective rather than defeating an elusive thief.

I agree that Kaito Kid's annoying and arrogant. I don't like it how he acts like he's the right one. that's not true! Those lines he said i forget when, "Thieves are great artists planning their plan[...] and detectives are nothing but mere critics trying to point out their flaw." gosh. he is a brat. Shinichi-niichan is not a brat [exclusively said for mori-san to hear]. I have nothing more.... ^^

In my theory, the reason why Conan can't caught him is that there is something far more deep on Kid's acts. Even though he is a thief, he is acting a detective as well, just like in episode 219 or movie 3 or movie 10. He is far more than just an intelligent thief. If the police will caught him, that's means losing a exceptional detective.

My opinion is, that Kid always uses hard or complicated tricks that takes time for Conan to solve. Even if Conan did solve it, Kid always have a back up plan such as in chapter 634. Kid's plan was solved by Conan but then, Kid used his back up plan to escape. Its not that I am supporting Kaito kid but he is not that bad. He actually saved George's live and Kid never steal. He always returns the things he took. His aim was only to compete with Conan.

ya he is a little over rated not to much in most of the chapters he is in . . . . . . . but i have only read to the 400's they might make him TOO cool

ya i just got to the 500's i have no idea why this matters but still is the same day i made this post

But then, remember that he once saved Sonoko's uncle(sorry... i forgotten his name...)'s dog from his safety box. But I do agree that he is a bit overrated. But those who are a really big fan of Conan Edogawa will really hate him as 1412( :lol: ) stunned Edogawawith the electric stun gun...

Oh! Its the episode where Sonoko's uncle's dog was trap in his safety box. Conan didn't capture 1412 as he was helping Sonoko's uncle to rescue his dog and it was the uncle himself who invited 1412 . :lol: