Detective Conan World
Pr1me 101

Suggestions (Wiki wish list)

Character wiki

We need a article about people who now about kid's identity on the Kaito Kuroba article instead of a link which open a another page so that it is easily noticeable.

Anime wiki

We need chapter references for the episodes, not just volumes and the chapter references in that volume.

Well, I was thinking about that "Detective Conan in other countries". It should be larger than what it is now. If I had some time, I would make it in Finnish. And if someone could help me with this (like Tsukiko or someone else from here Finland) it could be great page. And someone from another country could make about that country.

Well, I was thinking about that "Detective Conan in other countries". It should be larger than what it is now. If I had some time, I would make it in Finnish. And if someone could help me with this (like Tsukiko or someone else from here Finland) it could be great page. And someone from another country could make about that country.

Nice... But what would you put in it?

Since we have articles listing characters who know the true identities of Conan and Kaito Kid, why don't we create an article listing everyone who knows Ai's true identity (or at least her true background)? Off the top of my head, this article will probably consist of the following people:

-Dr. Agasa

-Conan/Shinichi

-The Kudo parents

-Heiji Hattori

-Vermouth

-Pisco

There may be one or two more people, but I'm not sure who else.

Why Heiji Hattori who knows the identity of Ai Haibara is Shiho Miyano (Sherry) without a confirmation?

Why Heiji Hattori who knows the identity of Ai Haibara is Shiho Miyano (Sherry) without a confirmation?

Conan told him sometime offpage if I am not mistaken. I don't remember the chapter where Hattori discusses Ai however. It might be in the Vermouth arc.

It is true that the way Heiji learned about Ai's true background is undocumented. However, the following serves as evidence that he does indeed know:

-In the introduction to Movie 7, Heiji introduced the characters (up to that point) who know of Conan's true identity, and in the process of doing so, he mentions Ai and her background as an ex-member of the BO and the inventor of APTX-4869, and her shrinkage.

-During the Desperate Revival arc, after Shinichi collapsed on stage upon solving a case, Ai (disguised as Conan) told Heiji what had transpired after Heiji left the hospital, and based on that, Heiji directed all people at the scene to remain silent about that particular case.

-Before Heiji and Conan went to investigate Jodie, he mentioned Conan and Ai's incident with the BO at the Haido City Hotel, in which Conan had deduced the presence of another BO member, namely Chris Vineyard (Vermouth). He knew that they were going to investigate whether or not Jodie == Chris Vineyard, so he must have been told all the important details of the Haido City Hotel incident.

-Heiji was a key participant in the head-to-head battle with the BO, and was well aware of the key elements of the plan, including Conan's plan to disguise as Ai to confront Vermouth. Afterwards, when Conan disguised as Ai again to "test the waters," Heiji thought to himself whether or not Conan was taking too much of a risk in what he's doing and whether or not he would allow Conan to do so if he were in Ai's shoes.

-During the Shiragami arc, Heiji refers to Ai as a "little nee-chan" - note the use of "nee-chan" here: this implies that he knows that Ai is in fact older than she appears, even older than himself (18 vs 17).

are you sure “nee-chan” implies that? I thought it was just a general term you could use to refer to girls

I'm 100% positive about that. "Nee-chan" means older sister, while younger sister would be "imoto-chan." If Heiji was unaware of Ai's true age, he would have referred to her using "imoto-chan" instead of "nee-chan."

On Sonoko's article, I highly suggest including a relationship analysis between her and Ran. Their friendship is one of the most underappreciated relationships.

Hello, I'm french, and I wanted to know if I could create new pages in which I translate the pages of the wiki in french.

Thank you, and sorry for my bad english, I'm just french :)  

@perimgui: Changing the wiki to a wiki family for internalization would be a great idea, but the amount of work needed to be done is also great. As far as I know, it's possible to switch to a wiki family without losing everything, but I don't think that the administrators would want to do that. Let's hear what they say.

What do you think is the most important missing piece or part of the wiki that needs the most work right now? Are there any critical missing features that would make the wiki more convenient? I want to know what you think editors should be focusing their efforts on most right now.

I was thinking of a special "search section" that compiles a list of episodes with certain characters in them (I am aware that there is an "appearances" section of the wiki)

Ex. Maybe someone wants to find episodes that have both Vermouth and Yukiko in them. This person could enter those names into the search and these episodes would pop up:

I feel like this would be convenient especially if they might have to dig through a list of characters that have an extensive number of appearances (like someone who wants to find episodes with both Sonoko and Heji in them) or if someone needs to find episodes that contain more than two preferred characters (ex. someone wants to find episodes with Vermouth, Yukiko, and Shinichi in them)

Creating a search like this would be time consuming, so obviously, please don't feel obligated to make this. Having this kind of search isn't a life or death situation but it would make searching for episodes a bit easier.

• Upvote 2

I was thinking of a special "search section" that compiles a list of episodes with certain characters in them (I am aware that there is an "appearances" section of the wiki)

Ex. Maybe someone wants to find episodes that have both Vermouth and Yukiko in them. This person could enter those names into the search and these episodes would pop up:

I feel like this would be convenient especially if they might have to dig through a list of characters that have an extensive number of appearances (like someone who wants to find episodes with both Sonoko and Heji in them) or if someone needs to find episodes that contain more than two preferred characters (ex. someone wants to find episodes with Vermouth, Yukiko, and Shinichi in them)

Creating a search like this would be time consuming, so obviously, please don't feel obligated to make this. Having this kind of search isn't a life or death situation but it would make searching for episodes a bit easier.

+1 rep

But i think it can't be implemented since we're talking about coding(the search stuff) and I believe Maurice is the only one who has permission to edit over it. but if we have, it's pretty easy to implement.

I was viewing the Detective Boys page on the wiki... There is a Trivia section in the end... There is a comparision of Detective Boys and Doraemon's Characters... Idk why but it kind of seems irrelevant... Cuz only the appearance is what matches (somewhat) and there is no counterpart of Haibara... as far as Intellects are considered, Nobita was compared with Conan... :P

Its just a point of view... But I dont think it sits there right...

I was viewing the Detective Boys page on the wiki... There is a Trivia section in the end... There is a comparision of Detective Boys and Doraemon's Characters... Idk why but it kind of seems irrelevant... Cuz only the appearance is what matches (somewhat) and there is no counterpart of Haibara... as far as Intellects are considered, Nobita was compared with Conan... :P

Its just a point of view... But I dont think it sits there right...

Well there's an interview from Gosho where he compared the DB boys to them... so I think it's fine
  • Upvote 1

Hmm... I was thinking on the other day that we probably need a page similar to the vehicles but for cellphones... After all with the technology we have nowadays, those are quite relevant and when we were(and still are) identifying the middle brother of Akai family, the appearance of cell phone has been used as a clue.

Hmm... I was thinking on the other day that we probably need a page similar to the vehicles but for cellphones... After all with the technology we have nowadays, those are quite relevant and when we were(and still are) identifying the middle brother of Akai family, the appearance of cell phone has been used as a clue.

I'm pretty sure there was a cellphone page. I remember reading through it...

EDIT: Found it ---> http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Phones_in_Detective_Conan

It's very short, but it's there. Someone needs to update it with the middle brother.

Would it be worth adding to the wiki that the english language dub of Movie 2 is apparently now considered rare

and going on websites like Amazon and E-bay for over $100

Amazon :$125 : (for some reason the amazon link refuses to appear)

E-bay : $115 : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-Closed-Movie-14th-Target-Good-DVD-Detective-Conan-/271915546016?hash=item3f4f6df5a0

I'm having a really hard time locating it on any other websites, and when I do, the lowest I have seen is like $70

Movie 1 has sometimes been listed as close to $40

All of the other movies are still around $7-$15 at worst

Apparently Funimation no longer sells movie 1 or 2 on their website at all.

http://www.funimation.com/search?q=Case+Closed#products

I was thinking about something that could be added to the episodes infoboxes, in those that consist of two parts or more. Like sometimes different episodes of the same arc use different ending songs (I'm not sure if it has happened with openings as well). In the infobox, when you write the closing song you can put just one link- I tried writing more than one and it wasn't possible without making it look really ugly.

The one episode in which I know it happens is Conan and Heiji's Deduction Magic, which uses June Bride as the ending for the first episode and Sekai Tomete for the other two. I'm kind of sure there might be more. Would it be possible to modify the episode infobox or write more than one link for the closing song? Personally I think the page should mention both songs and not just the one which appeared in the first episode of the arc.

I was thinking about something that could be added to the episodes infoboxes, in those that consist of two parts or more. Like sometimes different episodes of the same arc use different ending songs (I'm not sure if it has happened with openings as well). In the infobox, when you write the closing song you can put just one link- I tried writing more than one and it wasn't possible without making it look really ugly.

The one episode in which I know it happens is Conan and Heiji's Deduction Magic, which uses June Bride as the ending for the first episode and Sekai Tomete for the other two. I'm kind of sure there might be more. Would it be possible to modify the episode infobox or write more than one link for the closing song? Personally I think the page should mention both songs and not just the one which appeared in the first episode of the arc.

I'll try to do something.

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/The_Girl_from_the_Black_Organization_and_the_University_Professor_Murder_Case

What about adding back/forward arrows next to the “Episode 129” in the infobox with links to the next and the previous case? This should be really easy to do… I think “Episode #” redirects to that episode’s page, so you could just have it done automatically– if it’s “Episode 129” then → will be “Episode 130” etc.

Edit: I didn’t notice this was already at the bottom of the Infobox, lol.

Hi everyone,

I noticed that there are two different formats for the ratings of the episodes :

X,Y0% or X,Y%

For example :

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/A_Crab_and_Whale_Kidnapping_Case (17.30%)

http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/The_Man_Obstructed_by_the_Steel_Frame (10.5%)

It's not a big deal but I think a standard format should be chosen for past and future episodes in the name of consistency and because it will just look better.

• Upvote 1

On the "Characters" page there is an "Other" section at the bottom

I don't really think that Hideo Akagi Belongs there, shouldn't he go on the "recurring manga characters" "celebrities section" with all of the other soccer players

Also Maybe the Unknown Child can be moved from the "Other" section to the "Family and Friends" section of the same page

Even if we don't have 100% confirmation on who she is, she will still turn out to either be family of, or friend of, the Akai family.

Also maybe moving Fusae Campbell to the "recurring manga characters" because she doesn't appear often enough to really be on the main cast page. 

Also potentially since the "Scar Akai" listing on the character page blatantly says that it is Bourbon in disguise, maybe we could move it to the BO listing?

"The Criminal" is really the only unique continuously recurring "Other" character in the series.

I may go ahead and move Hideo Akagi and Fusae Campbell, feel free to move them back if you wish