Detective Conan World
Maurice

Looking for ideas and talent! :)

Hey all,

Since the community has grown quite a lot since 2009, I think it would be nice to start "prettyfying" and organizing the forum a little bit. And I think we could use your help for that!

What I was thinking we could do is implement new ranks and icons for members.

Right now, the only two ranks we have are: Members and Advanced Members (not including the staff like moderators).

We also have a special group called "Donators" (only one person in it so far).

It would be interesting to have more of them and eventually DC-related. For example:

0 posts and more => Novice

10 posts and more => Detective boy

50 posts and more => High-school detective

100 posts and more => Detective

etc...

or we could be original and have:

0 posts and more => Genta's friend

10 posts and more => Ayumi's friend

50 posts and more => Mitsuhiko's friend

100 posts and more => Detective Boys

500 posts and more => Ai's friend

1000 posts and more => Ran's friend

2500 posts and more => Gin's nemesis

etc...

You get the idea.

So, what I'm asking of you guys is to suggest nice/cool/fun ranks and then we'll choose the best ones (or do a vote, we'll see). Don't hesitate to think outside of the box!

As for the icons, you may have noticed that we only have:

x number of dots for members: bullet_green.png

Admin: admin.png

Moderators: staff.png

Once we decide on the ranks or if you feel motivated, we would really like some suggestions or designs for the icons as well. For example, it could be Genta's face for the "Genta's friend" rank, etc...

Again, any idea is welcome. Just let your imagination go wild! :D

I hope this is gonna be a successful little event here and that you guys have fun with it. ;)

Thank you and may the fun begin!

• Upvote 7

I think I like the first ranking system better than the second, but instead of going straight from high school detective to full detective, there should be other steps in between, like traffic cop (ie. Yumi), police officer, and then after full detective could be inspector... or something

• Upvote 1

500 posts shrunken high school detective or maybe 10000 posts blueberry's friend hehe nvm or maybe just like southpaw suggested

0 = Detective kogoro

10 = inspector megure

100 = officer takiki

500 = detective Hieji

1000 = detective Conan

but then some people will argue about who is better :|

I say for Genta's friend the picture should be Eel rice.

I think the one before Conan should be Okiya.

Some other people in my opinion:

Inspector Megure

Sonoko?

Kaitou Kid's Assistant?

FBI agents

Hey all,

Since the community has grown quite a lot since 2009, I think it would be nice to start "prettyfying" and organizing the forum a little bit. And I think we could use your help for that!

Right now, the only two ranks we have are: Members and Advanced Members (not including the staff like moderators).

It would be interesting to have more of them and eventually DC-related. For example:

etc...

etc...

You get the idea.

So, what I'm asking of you guys is to suggest nice/cool/fun ranks and then we'll choose the best ones (or do a vote, we'll see). Don't hesitate to think outside of the box!

Once we decide on the ranks or if you feel motivated, we would really like some suggestions or designs for the icons as well. For example, it could be Genta's face for the "Genta's friend" rank, etc...

I hope this is gonna be a successful little event here and that you guys have fun with it. ;)

hey hey sir maurice. Can you also add Shinichi's Girlfriend for us girls? :"> Kaitou's Lovey-dovey, Heiji's wife. hahahaaaaaaaa. OMG.

anyways, the idea sounds nice. see my post, sir. :)

But anyway, even after Ŧђǎт, we can still change the ranks ourselves right? Ŧђǎт's how I ended up with my rank ' DCW's greatest sniper' and I don't want Τ☺ lose it. Hahaha...

And I also agree with Blueberry, some people will just 'quadruple post' in order Τ☺ achieve a rank Ŧђǎт sounds cooler/ have more posts.

But anyway, even after Ŧђǎт, we can still change the ranks ourselves right? Ŧђǎт's how I ended up with my rank ' DCW's greatest sniper' and I don't want Τ☺ lose it. Hahaha...

True, you can edit it if you want but the icon will stay. And the icon shows which rank you're at. For example, if it's a detective icon, we know that you're at that rank level even if you change your rank name, which is totally cool. :)

As for quadruple posting, there are a few things we can do about that. First of all, if the person is seen to spam on purpose, he/she will be warned (there's a warning system integrated). And if it's too much abused, we could remove post counting from some forums like the General Chat one (i.e. post count won't increase). But really, there's nothing to win by spamming. It's just a rank name and that's it..

hey hey sir maurice. Can you also add Shinichi's Girlfriend for us girls? :"> Kaitou's Lovey-dovey, Heiji's wife. hahahaaaaaaaa. OMG.

YES YES YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE YOU'RE A GENIUS!!!! LOl!!!!

True, you can edit it if you want but the icon will stay. And the icon shows which rank you're at. For example, if it's a detective icon, we know that you're at that rank level even if you change your rank name, which is totally cool. :)

As for quadruple posting, there are a few things we can do about that. First of all, if the person is seen to spam on purpose, he/she will be warned (there's a warning system integrated). And if it's too much abused, we could remove post counting from some forums like the General Chat one (i.e. post count won't increase). But really, there's nothing to win by spamming. It's just a rank name and that's it..

how would you be able to know whether they're spamming on purpose?

YES YES YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE YOU'RE A GENIUS!!!! LOl!!!!

how would you be able to know whether they're spamming on purpose?

Yea, if like someone who is known for quadposting such as rjb, how will чöü know whether he is spamming or not?

Yea, if like someone who is known for quadposting such as rjb, how will чöü know whether he is spamming or not?

It's called "post quality". If the post that person creates is relevant, it's good. If he/she makes too many futile/irrelevant posts, then he/she may be labeled as a spammer.

The other thing you guys need to realize is that we're certainly not trying to put the emphasis on "posting more and more" or to create some kind of competition among forumers for who has the most posts. That's really not the goal of this event, and neither is posting on those forums in general. We're simply trying to have nicer names than "Members" and "Advanced members" cause, let's admit it, they're a bit boring. :/ And that's really all there is to it. We're not promoting spamming and if someone is found spamming, proper sanctions will be taken. :)

Oh, man... that guy for whoever he is, he is hilarious sillyp1.gif! His posts doesn't make any sense at all which so much makes me laugh 026.gif! He is one of the members here that I would really, really want to meet him/her in person cd08785a.gif! He is so... mysterious cd08785a.gif.

detectiveRJB:

Ow boy... how could Mitsuhiko be possibly Shiho's father 63d4808b.gif... and not to mention... Detective Boys VS the Black Organization 8c460310.gif??!

Oh, man... that guy for whoever he is, he is hilarious sillyp1.gif! His posts doesn't make any sense at all which so much makes me laugh 026.gif! He is one of the members here that I would really, really want to meet him/her in person cd08785a.gif! He is so... mysterious cd08785a.gif.

detectiveRJB:

Ow boy... how could Mitsuhiko be possibly Shiho's father 63d4808b.gif... and not to mention... Detective Boys VS the Black Organization 8c460310.gif??!

ROFLMAO man I agree I like reading RJB's posts they're totally hilarious!!!!!! Mitsihiku is shiho 's dad I loled reading this also his posts are all like "gin spy because help shuu" :D

I agree that we need new ranks, or at least more of them, it might make people more active. Not that I'm very active at the moment, my life got a little crazy around Christmas, hopefully I'll get back on track soon.^^ But it would be kind of fun with new ranks, I'll get back to you if I can think of a good one, but they should definitely be DC related^^

You can change your own ranks????ohmy.gif How?

0 posts and more = Corpse -?

Mysterious Person?

Oww... that's hilarious 026.gif! Yes, we should do that 014.gif!

0 -> 10 = Corpse

Oh, and as for my ideas and suggestions 04a97f13.gif...

How about like this. Make a group, like which group would we like to be in.

Group:

• FBI
  • Black Organization
  • CIA
  • Metropolitan Police Department
  • Detective Agency
  • Etc.

Because everyone of us have favorite groups, so, for instance, like if you joined the BO group, your title would be something referring to them 023.gif.

Black Organization:

• 0 -> 10 = Corpse/Tool/Guinea-pig/labs experiment/Shiho's Lab Testment/Gin's servant for brushing his hair, etc.
  • 11 -> 50 = New BO Agent/Scientist/Burglar
  • 51 -> 100 = BO Agent/Killer
  • 101 -> 500 = BO Middle Ranking Agent/Assassin/Thief
  • 501 -> 1000 = BO High Ranking Member/Skilled Assassin/Spy/Sniper/BO Expert, etc.
  • 1000 -> 1500 = Boss's Fav
  • 1500 -> 2000 = Vice Boss
  • 20000 -> more = Boss

Metropolitan Police Department:

• 0 -> 10 = Suspect/Victim/Corpse/Criminal/Prisoner
  • 11 -> 20 = Newbie Police
  • 21 -> 50 = Police
  • 51 -> 100 = Police Officer/Police Detective
  • 101 -> 500 = Inspector
  • 501 -> 600 = Vice Intendant
  • 601 -> 1000 = Super Intendant

Haha, and so on... :P

[edit] Oh and... I recommend to omit post counts from these threads:

OMG! I don't want to be either of them's wife/girlfriend/spouse 860e2a45.gif! Though I don't mind... Agasa, Megure, Kogoro, etc.

ROFLMAO man I agree I like reading RJB's posts they're totally hilarious!!!!!! Mitsihiku is shiho 's dad I loled reading this also his posts are all like "gin spy because help shuu" :D

Haha, aren't they 07baa27a.gif? They are hilarious. I hope he/she keeps posting more 014.gif.

OK, enough already, guys.

Oh, haha, sorry for going off-topic 3eb4e7b3.gif... MR M-O-D-E-R-A-T-O-R.

You can change your own ranks????ohmy.gif How?

Go to settings 023.gif and umm... there'd be a box saying 'Member Title'.

• Upvote 4

OMG! I don't want to be either of them's wife/girlfriend/spouse 860e2a45.gif! Though I don't mind... Agasa, Megure, Kogoro, etc.

what the!!!???9bbc76d5.gif first of all Agasa and Megure are a couple so... please we don't want anymore love triangleskiddy.gif and you like Kogoro wait that means Officer kaoko = Eri (how come you like the old men and not the young guysefb50fe2.gif)

Haha, aren't they 07baa27a.gif? They are hilarious. I hope he/she keeps posting more 014.gif.

yup th_099_.gif

Great idea! th_117_.gif

But what if you wanted to switch to another group? Would you have to build your rep/rank again? You've betrayed that first group, after all.. th_102_.gif

Umm.. haha. Well, you could, but you'll still have the record of the previous group you were affiliated with. For instance; Ex-Member of BO, Ex-Police Officer, Retired-Detective, etc.

Haha, I don't know. That's for Maurice to decide th_102_.gif.

Oh, and how about to that specific post counts, like as mentioned above. For example: 0 -> 10

How about you can choose your title? Like, give more choice to the specific levels. For instance, you have 5 post counts and you chose the BO group. You could choose between the titles for your level...

"Now you are in the 0 level of BO. Choose which title would you like to have df13952b.gif:

1. Corpse
  2. Tool
  3. Guinea-pig
  4. labs experiment
  5. Shiho's Lab Testment
  6. Gin's servant for brushing his hair

Did I make it clear enough efb50fe2.gif?

what the!!!???9bbc76d5.gif first of all Agasa and Megure are a couple so... please we don't want anymore love triangleskiddy.gif and you like Kogoro wait that means Officer kaoko = Eri (how come you like the old men and not the young guysefb50fe2.gif)

yup th_099_.gif

Hahahaha, yes! I love the... old dudes th_113_.gif. Wait, Megure already has Midori... so 098eb4a5.gif:

Kogoro

Megure

Agasa

Yusaku

Jii

Umm... I wonder if Jirokuchi Suzuki already has a wife sillyp1.gif.

Hey all,

etc...

etc...

You get the idea.

I really like the first ranking, but maybe include police detective before high school detective, as well as famous detective and Holmes after the ranking detective. for instance:

50 posts and more => Police Detective

75 posts and more => High-school detective

200 posts and more => Famous Detective

500 posts and more => Sherlock Holmes