Detective Conan World
detective jama

what does we are god and the devil, we are trying to raise the dead against the flow of time mean.

ZOMBIES!!!

Anyway must people already came to the conclusion that they are trying to achieve immortality. Shinichi becoming a 7 year old is proof of their progress. They could be trying to revive the dead. It may as well just be Gosho trying to make another cool statement in the story that will often be quoted. :rolleyes:

Besides the immortality thing, I think it could mean that the BO wants to be the ultimate authority over humanity... they want to be the ones who decide who lives, who dies, and how they're going to torment anyone they choose to.

we are god and the devil, we are trying to raise the dead against the flow of time. im guessing it means that the drug haibara made was actually meant for immortality.

haibara is make not Sherlock poll.Atsushi is make Sherlock poll or APTX 4869.The APTX 4869 is make immortality human you most take the sherlock over and over.

haibara is make not Sherlock poll.Atsushi is make Sherlock poll or APTX 4869.The APTX 4869 is make immortality human you most take the sherlock over and over.

So basically, I guess that you want to say this : The one that made APTX 4869 is ATUSHI, not Haibara. And to be immortal, you must take APTX 4869 repeatedly...

But as a Detective Conan fan, you must know that you shouldn't jump into silly conclusions, unless you want to be Mori jr. So, can you please tell us the reason why you think so?

So basically, I guess that you want to say this : The one that made APTX 4869 is ATUSHI, not Haibara. And to be immortal, you must take APTX 4869 repeatedly...

But as a Detective Conan fan, you must know that you shouldn't jump into silly conclusions, unless you want to be Mori jr. So, can you please tell us the reason why you think so?

if thats mean i get to be on the show than i don't mind 069.gif (its finally 2011 in here) anyways i think that APTX-4869 was made to rise the dead 8c460310.gif because of "we are trying to raise the dead against the flow of time mean." plus in some BO related episode conan says "could it be that it was meant for zombies" or something like that 3070242c.gif

I think that means that the B.O. wants to have immortality. That also xplains why Haibara's name was found on the logbook of those who participated in the Mermaid Festival in the And There Were No Mermaids episode. The B.O. must have heard that if anyone eats mermaid flesh, they will have immortlity.

^I thought that the name written down on the logbook was Haibara's sister.

I agree with the idea that the BO is trying to gain immortality. With Sherry making drugs to kill people, it'd only be a matter of time before they'd eventually have discovered a way to reive people. Judging from how Kudo and Haibara shunk I'm guessing there was some sort of chemical which can be used to reverse your growth. That chemical in question would later be used for further tests on gaining immortality.

we are god and the devil, we are trying to raise the dead against the flow of time. im guessing it means that the drug haibara made was actually meant for immortality.

Taken more literally the quote would imply zombies, taken more metaphorically, it might imply resurrecting the past or restoring things to a former state. It would be nice to see the quote in Japanese.

It pairs with a quote from Haibara: “You can’t rush things. Humans can never go against the stream of time. If man forcibly tries to change that there will be punishment” – (original 20-1, 380.17, 37-8)

Quoting some old stuff I wrote on the topic...

I’m favoring the idea that immortality or anti-aging is one of the ultimate goals of the organization.

1) The anti-aging side-effects of APTX 4869 probably indicate main intent of the drug. It probably was just a useful side effect that it happened to leave no trace in the victim’s body, and was employed as a poison. Supporting this is Ai’s line, "Kudo-kun? You would probably never even dream that you are already part of a project the Black Organization has been working on already for half a century." (V19-9 or file 191/ep 130-131) APTX 4869 is the only known intersection between Shinichi and the B.O. Also, APTX4869 was called the "incomplete detective" - which means its true purpose has not yet been achieved.

2) According to Haibara’s description about APTX (V24-10), it messes with telomerase and “the reproductive potential” of cells. A non-biologist like Gosho constructing the story might latch onto the idea that adding telomerase would increase the lifespan and number of divisions a cell could undergo, lengthening the organism’s lifespan.

3) Shiho Miyano’s name was on the raffle list for the immortality arrows in the mermaid case in Fukui (279-283)

4) Failure of Vermouth/Chris Vineyard to age. (She hasn’t changed much since she murdered Jodie’s parents twenty years ago [433]) If this didn’t have some important plot related reason behind it, it would be quite out of place.

5) If the organization from Magic Kaito is the same Black Org, then the search for “Pandora’s box” (the jewel for immortality) pretty much gives it away; however the MK org is almost certainly not canon to DC. Gosho himself confirmed in an interview somewhere that the two Orgs are not related at all, so this point is moot.

The computer/programming aspect of the B.O. kind of bothers me. It is known they have some involvement with computer viruses (Night Baron); however, it may also be related to the main biochemistry agenda. Whatever it is, it prompted Itakura to say that he didn’t want to complete his program “for the sake of humanity” (380.12). That would imply that it has some negative purpose, and could affect a lot of people. It could be another computer virus meant for a wide scale attack, but there are other possibilities as well especially since they were interested in a program by game designer Itakura.

Itakura’s program is something an ordinary person would program; specifically someone who programmed games. It probably was a personal project of Itakura's as he was able to stop developing it on a whim; something he wouldn't be able to do so easily if he was paid to make it. If it is a personal project, it doesn't have to be specifically related to games. It could be something related to game development like artificial intelligence, networking, modeling, rendering, etc, or it could be something completely different. That the BO could find out about it in the first place probably indicates that Itakura didn't keep it secret. That means it probably not a virus or something highly illegal Itakura would not want to speak of, although modified it may have those applications.

I don't really have any ideas of what the computer agenda is, other than I suspect it's different than the biochemistry agenda: i.e. not a tool to come up with better APTX prototypes. Going along with the immortality agenda, it might be some kind of AI, perhaps one designed to be a replica of a person allowing them to live forever on a computer. Another idea is some kind of "omniscience program" which appeals to the bad for humanity part.

• Upvote 2