Detective Conan World
Maurice

Need "Detective" game ideas!!

An RPG game would be cool, but how exactly would it work?

An idea I have would be to come up with different detective characters you could start with and your skills, experience, etc would be based on what that particular character is capable of. Basically what your character is capable of would involve that character's personal history, personal experience, their vices, their virtues, weaknesses, personality, physical abilities, limitations and so on. It would allow for a variety of different approaches to the game and would help reduce monotony.

An idea I have would be to come up with different detective characters you could start with and your skills, experience, etc would be based on what that particular character is capable of. Basically what your character is capable of would involve that character's personal history, personal experience, their vices, their virtues, weaknesses, personality, physical abilities, limitations and so on. It would allow for a variety of different approaches to the game and would help reduce monotony.

That's exactly what I was going to say...just kidding. icon_mrgreen.gif

That's the concept between making it like that Carmen game. Great idea!

I have an idea! How about, kind of like Conan, you have a choice of weapons and such? Every once in a while, you would run into a dangerous opponent who you have to defeat, and you get a certain number of 'lives' (a.k.a. chances) to knock them out before you have to start completely over. (you know, their health goes all the way up again.) Maybe you could make a map so you can re-do mysteries and the part of them you want to do, and you have to 'unlock' new mysteries. Just a question, how do you plan to draw it? It might be troublesome to do it all on the computer, as it's hard to do well. A lot of games I've seen online have poor art quality, and it makes it more than slightly lame. Oh, I have an idea! You'll get a chibi avatar, and a 'close-up' which is more detailed that you use while talking, and that way it'll be easier to animate and such. You could also make an online community so people could chat, or just make a forum. This is probably too hard, isn't it.... Oh well, I hope it helps you! I can't wait to play once it's finished!

This sounds like a great idea, if it's still active. I think there could be elements that you can play with friends- challenges like "Who can solve this code first?" Whichever friend wins can earn more of something, like coins or experience or whatever.

If you ever played the DS game "Detective Conan: Tantei ryoku Trainer," there are little brain-training exercises in that which are conducted as a showdown with two people. That's the kind of thing I'm referrring to. :)

Can we set up a riddle and quiz thread then everybody can share their quizes or riddles? Even if they have already been heard many times before, I think it would be quite fun! :)

such a thread already exists

maybe,you can buy with the money you have to buy hints,stolen evidence and even gagdets that help you search for few lost object that can help your investigation :mrgreen:

somehow, these ideas reminds me of the sixth movie, the phantom of baker street. It's a nice idea to create that kind of game. :-D

but i will support and play this game, if ever it will become a reality. :lol:

I like the idea! But I, to be compleateley honest with you don't like games where you are involved with people allot. So I was thinking that maybe you could make it a little bit more private, so you don't need to rush it.

Maybe you could make it like a sort of more strict game with an exciting storyline, wish can update itself. So that the riddles will be harder to solve and so on.

Maybe you could do it so that the user can make her/his own avatar.

But, I do like it when you can shat with people in the game, just because it's nice to speak with people with the same interests.

Of corse it doesn't need to be all that private, I meen, allot of people like to play with other users.

Perhaps you could do it so that people can shalenge eashother.

How About we use the Idea of Detective school Q

just let the player enter a school for detective which is officially allowed to bear arms.

Take entrance exam and add some cool detective friend or supporters

such type game.

how about if you make it like RPG game in 3rd person view...

then our detective can travel around and talk to every people...

(just a suggestion... :-D )

This doesn't sound realistic enough to me. This topic was started three years ago and I don't see any progress.

However, I surely have no idea if anything has been going on behind the scenes. Seems unlikely though.

Like kaRAN, I'm not trying to be 'mean' or anything :P

For me, I think it will be interesting if the game is about solving a case... and just like in the detective conan, there will be a mystery case and will only be solved at the end. everytime you solved a case, there will be a clue to the mystery case.. just like the black organization .. it's just my idea... :)))

I have an idea, and it's about APTX. There will be two game mode: one is trivia and second one is adventure. It's more of interactive game require less animation, because they all are questions based on your answer to move the game forward. The questions are basically based on characters, their traits or favorite we have known from DC.This game need at least 15-20 questions form for each mode. If you reach to level 5, you get APTX's cure and your form become 'Shinichi'. later there's a bonus game, it consist of many letters and see how many words you can find in wordsearch puzzles. It will continue in next game and this last two rounds' time and Shinichi turn back Conan. The points are based on answers, and how fast you are typing questions, finding words in wordsearch.

Adventure form is emphasize on speed. You can think of many games relate to speed, for example: keyboard typing. You have type a summary of deduction to catch the culprit, then word animation appear: case closed, cracked. There are many type of games can relate to speed, running after murderer with two buttons of arrow direction. and money collection after each round finished! Coins are used to buy Agasa's gadgets to fulfill each round to unlock new level. Before each stage is finished, you get APTX's cure, solve word search and one small scene from Detective Conan pop up for next challenge, and next is to piece the jigsaw puzzle to solve the challenge before move on to next stage. You turn back into Conan!

ADDED:

I also thought of second game, it's based on money deal.

It's a bit like Deal or no deal, what you do is to click the case and answer the questions based on movies. Hint maybe provided but few dollars will be deducted. If got the answer right, the money in case is yours. If it's wrong, you get zero and the game continued. When four lives are used up, you get previous amount earlier adding to your account. If got all questions right, you get bonus prize. If you decided to give up recent hard question, you get the recent prize from the case and get your answer check. Detective mystery can be included in, it will provide the question who done it along with answer.