Detective Conan World
MeitanteiConan4869

Worst Movie

82 members have voted

1. 1. What is your least favorite movie?

• Movie 1
    • Movie 2
    • Movie 3
    • Movie 4
    • Movie 5
    • Movie 6
    • Movie 7
    • Movie 8
    • Movie 9
    • Movie 10
    • Movie 11
    • Movie 12
    • Movie 13
    • Movie 14
    • Movie 15
    • Movie 16
    • Movie 17

Since we all agree that the newer movies aren't as great as the older ones, which of the first seven movies do you think is the worst? (just out of curiousity)

Movie 7 is the worst in my opinion.

7 as well, though it's in the 'newer ones' category for me, since it was made using digital animation.

Well I was just categorizing the older ones as the first half of all the movies. So then how about the worst out of the first 6?

I like the first six but the worst for me is movie 5. And am I the only one who finds it ironic how the movie was released just months before 9/11? I mean the movie involved twin towers and explosions, so... coincidental much? :blink:

Well I was just categorizing the older ones as the first half of all the movies. So then how about the worst out of the first 6?

I like the first six but the worst for me is movie 5. And am I the only one who finds it ironic how the movie was released just months before 9/11? I mean the movie involved twin towers and explosions, so... coincidental much? :blink:

Honestly, its more coincidental than ironic.

Of just the first 7, the 7th is the worst. Followed by 1 and 2... (Granted, had I not read Agatha Christie, I'd have found the second movie to be better)

Honestly, its more coincidental than ironic.

Of just the first 7, the 7th is the worst. Followed by 1 and 2... (Granted, had I not read Agatha Christie, I'd have found the second movie to be better)

Agree with you there, though M-3 sometimes ends up in the same boat with those three you listed above. My order would be M-7, M-2, M-1, and occasionally M-3.

6 is the worst then. An average case and story and an idiotic social review.

My order of the worst movies of the first 6 would be...

Movie 5 because of how unnecessary the BO's appearance was and how unrealistic most of the scenes were, like when Conan jumped from one building to another using a skateboard and when Conan and the others used the explosion to propel the car back across to the first building. I know that every movie has an aspect of unrealism, but this one was just overboard.

Then movie 2 because I felt like the ending could have been much better. It was interesting how the choice of victim pertains to playing cards, but it felt rushed when the culprit attempted to just drown the rest of the victims. Then when the culprit was revealed, the climax scene where he held Ran hostage wasn't very climatic, if that makes any sense.

Then movie 1 primarily because of the corniness at the end. "I chose the blue wire because I didn't want to break the red wire that bonded Shinichi and I together!" or something like that. But that was really it... Other than that, I enjoyed the movie for the most part.

I don't dislike any of these movies above. Like I said earlier, the ones I did dislike were mainly the newer movies (11, 12, 9, 13, 7). But if I were to choose the worst ones out of the top 6, I would chose these 3.

My order of the worst movies of the first 6 would be...

Movie 5 because of how unnecessary the BO's appearance was and how unrealistic most of the scenes were, like when Conan jumped from one building to another using a skateboard and when Conan and the others used the explosion to propel the car back across to the first building. I know that every movie has an aspect of unrealism, but this one was just overboard.

Then movie 2 because I felt like the ending could have been much better. It was interesting how the choice of victim pertains to playing cards, but it felt rushed when the culprit attempted to just drown the rest of the victims. Then when the culprit was revealed, the climax scene where he held Ran hostage wasn't very climatic, if that makes any sense.

Then movie 1 primarily because of the corniness at the end. "I chose the blue wire because I didn't want to break the red wire that bonded Shinichi and I together!" or something like that. But that was really it... Other than that, I enjoyed the movie for the most part.

I don't dislike any of these movies above. Like I said earlier, the ones I did dislike were mainly the newer movies (11, 12, 9, 13, 7). But if I were to choose the worst ones out of the top 6, I would chose these 3.

Oi... I didn't regard the skateboard scene as unrealistic... It was just as realistic as Ran breaking a knife, Conan skateboarding on a rollercoaster, glasses being bulletproof (and then subsequently staying on his face, not to mention the frame not shattering or breaking), a relatively tiny motor on a skateboard being able to keep up with a car, the entirety of movie 6's premise... from the AI to the super advanced game (technically, for the time, that was the most unrealistic movie).... hmm... what else...? I'm sure if I rewatch them I could remember more... But a certain amount of ridiculousness in the movies are expected. But yeah... For the car scene, at least they tried to explain the science behind it, not that they would have survived the impact even while hitting the water at that velocity...

From a purely objective standpoint, Conan's glasses being bulletproof is the most unrealistic thing. The skateboard thing and the car thing are both more plausible (surviving is another story, but making the jump on the other hand is not). Remember the destination building was lower and that gave a bit more leeway. I'm not sure the trunk would have provided sufficient surface area to provide drag to do enough acceleration to make it though. Or if they would have survived the shock wave... But yeah... possible deaths are still trumped by M3s bullet proofglasses... Bulletproof glass is extremely thick and could not be fit in the frames of glasses. Conan should have died.

Oi... I didn't regard the skateboard scene as unrealistic... It was just as realistic as Ran breaking a knife, Conan skateboarding on a rollercoaster, glasses being bulletproof (and then subsequently staying on his face, not to mention the frame not shattering or breaking), a relatively tiny motor on a skateboard being able to keep up with a car, the entirety of movie 6's premise... from the AI to the super advanced game (technically, for the time, that was the most unrealistic movie).... hmm... what else...? I'm sure if I rewatch them I could remember more... But a certain amount of ridiculousness in the movies are expected. But yeah... For the car scene, at least they tried to explain the science behind it, not that they would have survived the impact even while hitting the water at that velocity...

From a purely objective standpoint, Conan's glasses being bulletproof is the most unrealistic thing. The skateboard thing and the car thing are both more plausible (surviving is another story, but making the jump on the other hand is not). Remember the destination building was lower and that gave a bit more leeway. I'm not sure the trunk would have provided sufficient surface area to provide drag to do enough acceleration to make it though. Or if they would have survived the shock wave... But yeah... possible deaths are still trumped by M3s bullet proofglasses... Bulletproof glass is extremely thick and could not be fit in the frames of glasses. Conan should have died.

First of all, your statements "Oi... I didn't regard the skateboard scene as unrealistic... It was just as realistic as Ran breaking a knife, Conan skateboarding on a rollercoaster, glasses being bulletproof" and "Conan's glasses being bulletproof is the most unrealistic thing" are contradictory; at first you say that you didn't regard the jump as realistic and that the jump and glasses are equally realistic, and then afterwards, you claim that the glasses is the most unrealistic thing. But that's besides the point. I never said the jumping from building to building scene was the MOST unrealistic thing in DC; I quote-and-quote said "I know that every movie has an aspect of unrealism, but this one was just overboard", meaning that out of all of the movies, this particular one had an overboard usage of unrealistic scenes (the "bungee" jump, the skateboard jump, the car jump). Although, I do agree that the bulletproof glasses not shattering/denting in Movie 3 is impossible, but considering that the audience acknowledges Agasa's brilliance with his series of unrealistic inventions, the glasses wouldn't necessarily strike to the audience as impossible (in the DC world). You could also say that about Shinichi's capability of doing anything (even if it means skateboarding from building to building), but this capability is too exaggerated in the movie (is he GOD???). That's why I consider Movie 5 as "overboard unrealistic".

It's not only the car and the explosion but the fact that Mitsuhiko is able to maintain Haibara in the air with one hand while Conan breaks the spikes with his soccer ball despite the fact that all that was supposed to last around 2 seconds.

It's not only the car and the explosion but the fact that Mitsuhiko is able to maintain Haibara in the air with one hand while Conan breaks the spikes with his soccer ball despite the fact that all that was supposed to last around 2 seconds.

Which further proves my point. :)

First of all, your statements "Oi... I didn't regard the skateboard scene as unrealistic... It was just as realistic as Ran breaking a knife, Conan skateboarding on a rollercoaster, glasses being bulletproof" and "Conan's glasses being bulletproof is the most unrealistic thing" are contradictory; at first you say that you didn't regard the jump as realistic and that the jump and glasses are equally realistic, and then afterwards, you claim that the glasses is the most unrealistic thing. But that's besides the point. I never said the jumping from building to building scene was the MOST unrealistic thing in DC; I quote-and-quote said "I know that every movie has an aspect of unrealism, but this one was just overboard", meaning that out of all of the movies, this particular one had an overboard usage of unrealistic scenes (the "bungee" jump, the skateboard jump, the car jump). Although, I do agree that the bulletproof glasses not shattering/denting in Movie 3 is impossible, but considering that the audience acknowledges Agasa's brilliance with his series of unrealistic inventions, the glasses wouldn't necessarily strike to the audience as impossible (in the DC world). You could also say that about Shinichi's capability of doing anything (even if it means skateboarding from building to building), but this capability is too exaggerated in the movie (is he GOD???). That's why I consider Movie 5 as "overboard unrealistic".

Hm... I think you missed the point... It was MEANT to be contradictory... Sorry if that was unclear... (Though I think when I wrote it I also intended it to mean that within the DCverse, all those things are extremely realistic) All the movies are extremely unrealistic. My point was that you can't gauge a movie in DC based upon that. If I were to do that, every movie would be utter crap. I can easily find several unrealistic things in each movie when I watch them. M5 was no less realistic than 1-14. The things that were unrealistic about it was merely bigger and easier to notice. Which is why I gauge DC movies on entertainment value, how interesting the plot is, and how much they DON'T annoy me.

Well actually that is incorrect.... M13 is by far the most unrealistic and ridiculous movie of the franchise... The rest all take several liberties while making it seem possible. But yeah... I kinda ignore that stuff... It hard to enjoy a DC movie if I'm thinking about what is possible and what is not. If I was doing a review I'd probably point them out, but as for personal enjoyment... I can't factor that in.

Hm... I think you missed the point... It was MEANT to be contradictory... Sorry if that was unclear... (Though I think when I wrote it I also intended it to mean that within the DCverse, all those things are extremely realistic) All the movies are extremely unrealistic. My point was that you can't gauge a movie in DC based upon that. If I were to do that, every movie would be utter crap. I can easily find several unrealistic things in each movie when I watch them. M5 was no less realistic than 1-14. The things that were unrealistic about it was merely bigger and easier to notice. Which is why I gauge DC movies on entertainment value, how interesting the plot is, and how much they DON'T annoy me.

Well actually that is incorrect.... M13 is by far the most unrealistic and ridiculous movie of the franchise... The rest all take several liberties while making it seem possible. But yeah... I kinda ignore that stuff... It hard to enjoy a DC movie if I'm thinking about what is possible and what is not. If I was doing a review I'd probably point them out, but as for personal enjoyment... I can't factor that in.

Oh, sorry if I sounded like I was gauging the movies. I actually LOVE movies 1-6. I only reasoned the unrealistic aspect of Movie 5 because that was the only problem that stuck out to me; it is hard to critique movies I generally enjoy. After all, the whole idea of the topic "worst movie" is to state the negatives about the DC movies, so I was fishing out as much issues I could from movies 5, 2, and 1.

I really don't understand why people dislike Movie 11 and 14 so much. I love them all although Movie 7 got boring after a while, it had a really awesome end eg. Shiratori keibu using a stick to knock out ONE criminal and the acting like he is the strongest of them all when Kogoro, Ran and possibly some others knocked out at least 3 criminal with no weapons, I always laugh at that bit, it makes up for the boring parts in the movie.

Movie 11 was a cute one, a murder that lead to an (almost) tragedy. Then we have Shinichi risking his life to save Ran. Aw. After that I think adding the treasure was a nice twist from the usual, bombing (I wonder why most of the movies involve bombing? eg M1, M2, M5, M9, M10, M12, M14 )

Movie 14 showed that Kaito Kid is really a good guy since he obviously risked a lot by working with Conan on the case. Plus, how Kaito Kid deals with Ran and how Ran figured it out at the end was quite funny.

Am I the only one who loves ALL the movies?? icon_mrgreen.gif

I really don't understand why people dislike Movie 11 and 14 so much.

Because some of us like movies with actual plotlines and interesting cases?

@vawli: unrealistic? how?

Movie 11 was the worst DC movie I have ever seen. Heck, it's probably the worst movie I've ever seen. Though that isn't saying much since I don't watch many movies.

I watched exactly 5 minutes. It is the only DC movie I have never been able to complete. I'm not even going to attempt it.

Movie 11 was the worst DC movie I have ever seen. Heck, it's probably the worst movie I've ever seen. Though that isn't saying much since I don't watch many movies.

I watched exactly 5 minutes. It is the only DC movie I have never been able to complete. I'm not even going to attempt it.

Why don't you want to watch it. If you ship Shinichi and Ran the ending has a cute ShinXRan moment.

Why don't you want to watch it. If you ship Shinichi and Ran the ending has a cute ShinXRan moment.

Why don't I want to watch it? Those 5 minutes of supposed action were enough to discourage me from continuing.

Besides, I'm not a big pairings person. I do have a preference of ShinRan over AiCon, but as long as the pairing has some sort of basis, I'm fine with it. I could support AiCon just about as easily as ShinRan, and vice versa. Same with most pairings.

Why don't I want to watch it? Those 5 minutes of supposed action were enough to discourage me from continuing.

Besides, I'm not a big pairings person. I do have a preference of ShinRan over AiCon, but as long as the pairing has some sort of basis, I'm fine with it. I could support AiCon just about as easily as ShinRan, and vice versa. Same with most pairings.

But besides that the ending was sweet not because of ShinRan though, the ending was so cute (well sort of)

Wait. Am I the only person who likes Movie 11 and has watched it over 5 times (along with every other DC movie) here?

But besides that the ending was sweet not because of ShinRan though, the ending was so cute (well sort of)

Wait. Am I the only person who likes Movie 11 and has watched it over 5 times (along with every other DC movie) here?

I think that the plot of the entire movie was...kinda...for lack of better word, stupid. :/ Not to mention kinda cheesy. I like DC for the fact that it's a lot more realistic than 90% of the manga/anime out there. I can stand fantasy, I even like fantasy, but if you're going to add cheesiness to it, I won't last very long.

I don't think I'll finish watching it. Maybe someday I'll come back to it, but I doubt it.

*shrugs* I've watched all of the DC movies at least 5 times, except for 11. That I just can't seem to stand.

I think that the plot of the entire movie was...kinda...for lack of better word, stupid. :/ Not to mention kinda cheesy. I like DC for the fact that it's a lot more realistic than 90% of the manga/anime out there. I can stand fantasy, I even like fantasy, but if you're going to add cheesiness to it, I won't last very long.

I don't think I'll finish watching it. Maybe someday I'll come back to it, but I doubt it.

*shrugs* I've watched all of the DC movies at least 5 times, except for 11. That I just can't seem to stand.

Oh! Nice! How long did it take you?