Detective Conan World
MeitanteiConan4869

Worst Movie

82 members have voted

1. 1. What is your least favorite movie?

• Movie 1
    • Movie 2
    • Movie 3
    • Movie 4
    • Movie 5
    • Movie 6
    • Movie 7
    • Movie 8
    • Movie 9
    • Movie 10
    • Movie 11
    • Movie 12
    • Movie 13
    • Movie 14
    • Movie 15
    • Movie 16
    • Movie 17

Obviously, all the Detective Conan movies are great, but if you had to choose which one is your least favorite, which one would it be?

For me, movies 11 and 14 just didn't do it. They're both still and good and worth watching, but I don't get the same feeling I do when watch the other ones.

Like I said I don't hate it, it just didn't deliver. The beginning (first half) was extremely good. Up to the point where Conan and Kid jumped back on the blimp was exciting, but after that it just seemed to drag on. How he disposes of the terrorist group is pretty lame (Jirokichi's contraptions) and I felt like turning it off when, not only was the guy who was first to be "infected" (forgot his name) the leader of the terrorist group, stated that he had two other followers (the camera guy and the reporter). For him to secretly be the leader of the terrorists, and on top of that to be partners with the two other reporters seems ridiculous and highly unlikely, almost unnecessary. The scheme to steal the Buddhist statues was well-played and the soccer ball inflation at the end wasn't too shabby either. It just seems like they could have done a lot better job of following through. For example, I wouldn't have minded it so much if there really was an infection, or the two other reporters/whatever were just randoms.

Overall, Movie 11. The storyline, to me makes no sense.

Movie 14 was a tad disappointing, but it was the second movie I watched, so maybe I was a bit biased.

Movie 12 was satisfactory. However, the story seemed a bit clogged up and I actually wanted to get out of my chair.

Strangely, I find Movie 1 and 2 painful to watch. Likely because those two movies use the old graphics, which look awkward. The storyline is great, though.

Like I said I don't hate it, it just didn't deliver. The beginning (first half) was extremely good. Up to the point where Conan and Kid jumped back on the blimp was exciting, but after that it just seemed to drag on. How he disposes of the terrorist group is pretty lame (Jirokichi's contraptions) and I felt like turning it off when, not only was the guy who was first to be "infected" (forgot his name) the leader of the terrorist group, stated that he had two other followers (the camera guy and the reporter). For him to secretly be the leader of the terrorists, and on top of that to be partners with the two other reporters seems ridiculous and highly unlikely, almost unnecessary. The scheme to steal the Buddhist statues was well-played and the soccer ball inflation at the end wasn't too shabby either. It just seems like they could have done a lot better job of following through. For example, I wouldn't have minded it so much if there really was an infection, or the two other reporters/whatever were just randoms.

Well, I won't be that conciliant with movie 14.

It could appeal for some fans: there's a lot of fan-service in it (I could even go as far as to say "fan-service, that's all this movie has") and it could be fun to watch the first time.

I also imagine kids and young teenagers could enjoy it.

But the story is clearly the worst of the saga (even if movie 11's is not particularly good either). It's not even a question of delivering something or not, there's just "nothing" in it except for lame gags (the "traps" at the end, Sato and Takagi who think Shin' is Kid) which could have been funny if not poorly executed, and a lot of fan-service revolving around action sequences, Conan's gadgets and the character of Kaito Kid.

And I've never seen such a bad conclusion to a detective story. It just doesn't take his spectators seriously:

There's no virus because the clues make no sense at all (the stupiest conclusion ever !), the culprits appear almost from nowhere (there are no clues about it previously in the movie, Conan just understand it because "someone" is missing in the room, but it could have been anyone), and the whole hijack was... for stealing a statue in a temple (is this supposed to be a joke ?).

Can we even call that a detective story ?

What made Movie 14 a positive is that it wasn't Movie 11. That's how bad Movie 11 is.

I've commented on this disaster of a movie elsewhere, but it just bears repeating: it makes no sense. Sonoko is an idiot again, Ran forgets her karate moves, the villains are beyond dumb, Sonoko and Ran being the people to have to get the treasure was so lame, the treasure was super lame, the police were barely a factor, the entire movie was just DUMB. The first half an hour or so wasn't bad, but it got ridiculously stupid from when the bad guys kidnapped Ran and Sonoko to the end. It's the only movie I've never been able to sit through from the beginning to the end. I hope to never have to watch it ever again. Ever.

What made Movie 14 a positive is that it wasn't Movie 11. That's how bad Movie 11 is.

I've commented on this disaster of a movie elsewhere, but it just bears repeating: it makes no sense. Sonoko is an idiot again, Ran forgets her karate moves, the villains are beyond dumb, Sonoko and Ran being the people to have to get the treasure was so lame, the treasure was super lame, the police were barely a factor, the entire movie was just DUMB. The first half an hour or so wasn't bad, but it got ridiculously stupid from when the bad guys kidnapped Ran and Sonoko to the end. It's the only movie I've never been able to sit through from the beginning to the end. I hope to never have to watch it ever again. Ever.

I second that opinion.

Really? That's quite interesting... that's one of my favorite ones.

I remember from the podcasts. I was kind of taken back and confused. ^^;;

*shrugs* To each their own-?

So everyone hates Movie 11, huh?

Not just us. Movie 11 is notoriously known in the community for being the worst of them all. Even the fansubbing group that did the movie admitted to hating it, if I remember correctly.

Not just us. Movie 11 is notoriously known in the community for being the worst of them all. Even the fansubbing group that did the movie admitted to hating it, if I remember correctly.

Ah, I see.

That isn't much of a surprise, is it?

Isnt that how all murders happen? (Revenge)

Actually its now a tie between 11 & 12 for me

I actually liked movie 12. I don't know why. I thought it was nice.

You guys liked FULL SCORE OF FEAR???! o my head. Movie 13 was good IMO compared to 11&12

Full Score of Fear at least had a decent murder case going for it. Movie 13 was a complete bait-and-switch giant rip-off.

IMO, it was a step in the right direction, then Movie 13 came out and the movies took steps back, again.

IMO, Movie 14 completely took the wrong path. Movie 13...I don't really know.

Full Score of Fear at least had a decent murder case going for it. Movie 13 was a complete bait-and-switch giant rip-off.

Bait and switch? The constellation murder was good. I didn't like the reasoning behind the true culprit though.

I must say I disagree with you in this.

IMO, Movie 14 completely took the wrong path. Movie 13...I don't really know.

Movie 14 took leaps and bounds off the path. Movie 14 is on its own continent, where it's currently lost and confused.

Bait and switch? The constellation murder was good. I didn't like the reasoning behind the true culprit though.

I must say I disagree with you in this.

Don't shove the Black Organization all over the freakin' trailer if they're going to be in it for about ten minutes. The ending with Irish was so random that it might as well have been its own movie.