Detective Conan World
MeitanteiConan4869

Worst Movie

82 members have voted

1. 1. What is your least favorite movie?

• Movie 1
    • Movie 2
    • Movie 3
    • Movie 4
    • Movie 5
    • Movie 6
    • Movie 7
    • Movie 8
    • Movie 9
    • Movie 10
    • Movie 11
    • Movie 12
    • Movie 13
    • Movie 14
    • Movie 15
    • Movie 16
    • Movie 17

Movie 2 would've been better if the graphics were better... but then again, that was wayyy back when (I'm exaggerating xD). I thought movie 9 was pretty good though xD Kogoro wasn't acting like such a big idiot so... yea :3

I loved Reiko and the soundtrack for movie 12, but otherwise HATED it. The first half to 11 was good but the second half? Meh at best.

I think I need to watch the first six in Japanese to really appreciate them, but I have to admit that of all the movies, the one I don't really want to see again is movie 6. I know, BLASPHEMY RIGHT?!? But I have a bias against 'going into video game!11' plots in the first place. Ugh.

I can relate to that. I disliked movie 6 because of this video game idea which just doesn't fit with the Conan universe. Besides, the case was really shallow and frankly quite boring, the moral of the movie seemed out of place and annoyed me, and Jack the ripper looked ridiculous. However, the graphics of the city of London were still very nice and the soundtrack was pretty decent.

• Upvote 1

Hi there guys, I'm new here :)

Anyway, back to the topic.

For me, about the drawings and animation, obviously the worst ones r the first movies. Sometimes I find it annoying when they r not as professional as the later movies. But then, I agree that they r more exciting and better based on the story lines. I enjoy watching all of them, however, the worst one is probably 5th and 14th. 13th might be my best. I unno why, but... Yeah, it is like that *LOL*

Hi there guys, I'm new here :)

Welcome to DCW! :)

This is the wrong section for doing so, though. mellow.gif

however, the worst one is probably 5th and 14th.

This I can understand.

This...not as much. The 5th was a pretty decent movie overall.

For me, about the drawings and animation, obviously the worst ones r the first movies. Sometimes I find it annoying when they r not as professional as the later movies.

ROFL. True, but...

But then, I agree that they r more exciting and better based on the story lines.

...this makes a lot of the difference.

13th might be my best. I unno why, but... Yeah, it is like that

The presence of Gin in any movie tends to make that movie good.

Welcome to DCW!

This is the wrong section for doing so, though.

Oops, sr there about it :)

This I can understand.

yup, i was expecting more when I saw it from the trailer.And about that way the airship went below the bridge... I don't know what to say :) However, I really love the KaiShin moments :)

This...not as much. The 5th was a pretty decent movie overall.

well, yeah, it is. No defense about it. I like the other more though. *that's my only reason I could think of* (__"_) if I could add another one, i'd be movie 11. I couldn't find the best subtitles until I found this page :)

For me, about the drawings and animation, obviously the worst ones r the first movies. Sometimes I find it annoying when they r not as professional as the later movies.

ROFL. True, but...

But then, I agree that they r more exciting and better based on the story lines.

...this makes a lot of the difference.

Lol, for me, the graphics make a lot of difference, too. :) It suddenly hit me. Wasn't the 7th movie is the first one that has the best graphic? :)

The presence of Gin in any movie tends to make that movie good.

Lol. Yeah. Gosho Aoyama should OFTEN make some B.O-related movies :)

mewmew... Gosho has NOTHING to do with any of the movies EVER!

I shall stand by my assessment that 9-11 were all horrible, getting worse and worse as they continued. 7 and 8 were bad but still enjoyable (relatively). I'm putting them on the list just to state why I didn't like it.

For those curious here are my reasoning for each movie and my hatred towards them.

7 - Simply put there was more talk about relationships than there was about the actual mystery. This would have been FINE if it was made by Gosho and was thus canon. Seeing as it wasn't it was tripe in my eyes. As I said though... It wasn't all bad, but I still didn't like it.

8 - Where was the mystery?! The actual mystery encompassed an entirety of about 30 minutes. The rest was action, and there was no mystery to whom Kaitou Kid was. This KILLED it for me. You want to make KK and Shinichi looking similar into a joke? Fine! But don't make it into a movie, it takes most of the fun out of KK's character! Use that in OVAs don't base movies off of it... Kid was enjoyable though in his character... But really it should have been done so much better....

9 - I actually would have enjoyed this more if it wasn't so contrived and forced. I did like how Kogorou out did Conan... But still the negatives out weigh the positives... Like Kogorou's motivation... Conan's epic failure... And all the contrivances that drove the plot (though they were far worse in 14, to be discussed later)

10- Again... ACTION MOVIE! There was no mystery! And what they passed off as a mystery was SO FORCED it was painful. Not to mention the fact that every character appearance felt forced in and of themselves. There was NO NEED to put EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER into this movie. There were better ways to celebrate the 10th anniversary of anime than to do it this way. Also, Kaitou Kid's appearance was wasted. Though at least that was done better than movie 8. Though still the fact that there was no mystery and a forced plot make it one of the worst movies in my opinion. Though the Movie theme was good (I do love the B'z)

11 - I honestly have no idea what to say... PIRATES?! REALLY???? Where was the mystery? THERE WAS NONE! It was a movie about friendships if anything, but that doesn't belong in a movie where a mystery is expected. This was a treasure hunt movie. And honestly Conan... you need to leave that to Indiana Jones! (Worst Movie Ever in detective conan at least)

13 - What was the point of... what was it...? Irish?! Irish is Bourbon that was killed! I mean really... They used a macguffin too! several.... the chip and Irish figuring out his identity... I'm really against MacGuffins... Especially when they lead ABSOLUTELY NO WHERE! Oh right and this had possibly the most ridiculous scene EVER! Conan destroying a helicopter like that? Ran dodging a bullet? ARG! I want to see alternative scenes where the characters die when they do stupid things like that!

14 - Where to begin... First off the entire plot was based off of a MacGuffin and wasn't really a mystery... They made it into a mystery which in and of itself was ridiculous. Know what? the only good thing I can really say about this movie is Conan's defenestration scene. He totally deserved it too!

I realize that I hate HALF of the movies... Wow... Btw, if I watched them recently I might be able to say more, but I refuse to watch them again.... Each of these movies were watched only once where as 3-6 were watched several times... 3-5 especially.

• Upvote 3

13 - What was the point of... what was it...? Irish?! Irish is Bourbon that was killed! I mean really... They used a macguffin too! several.... the chip and Irish figuring out his identity... I'm really against MacGuffins... Especially when they lead ABSOLUTELY NO WHERE! Oh right and this had possibly the most ridiculous scene EVER! Conan destroying a helicopter like that? Ran dodging a bullet? ARG! I want to see alternative scenes where the characters die when they do stupid things like that!

14 - Where to begin... First off the entire plot was based off of a MacGuffin and wasn't really a mystery... They made it into a mystery which in and of itself was ridiculous. Know what? the only good thing I can really say about this movie is Conan's defenestration scene. He totally deserved it too!

OK Don't call me stupid but what is a "MacGuffin" ? :D

@Kyuu:

mewmew... Gosho has NOTHING to do with any of the movies EVER!

@@ Wow, really, I've never known. Or did I? (_ _!)

Um... I see you r unsatisfied with HALF of them until now =='. But then... i unno, do these say that Gosho has nothing to do with them? No offense here, but it gives me a weird feeling ==' Anyway, I agree that movie 11 seems to be off. The only best part is when Conan kicks the chain to get the ship out of the cave. But still... looks strange for me, though :)

Actually, I can't say anything about it 'cuz I enjoy almost all of them. He he.

Glad to know that u like from 3-6. I really like some of them. Really :)

One questiom: what is MacGuffin?

@Black Demon:

OK Don't call me stupid but what is a "MacGuffin" ?

Lol. I thought I was the only one who'd asked :)

A MacGuffin is basically a plot element that is created for the express purpose of catching the audiences attention and/or moving the plot forward.

So the "deadly virus" that wasn't a virus (AKA the 90% of the plot in M14) was a MacGuffin. It put something on the line, and lead to absolutely nothing while moving the plot forward. Basically you could take out the virus, replace it with bombs, and nothing would change, or anything else that would jeopardize the lives of many people, especially the main character.

Irish's character and that chip were MacGuffins. They had no bearing on the overall story and were created for the sole purpose of making the movie exciting and moving the actual plot forward.

I don't know why I should answer though... I thought Chekhov MacGuffin would swoop in and explain it (or people would at least look up the origin of her name which is Anton Chekhov and MacGuffin iirc).

I hope that helps :). I should note that I don't mind MacGuffins if the plot of the movie is just that good that the presence of the MacGuffin doesn't really matter. Like the movie Pulp Fiction (the briefcase was a MacGuffin). Sometimes they work, but not when the plot IS the MacGuffin (ala M14)

Please refer to the tvtropes MacGuffin page.

i hate no DC movies.

but i dont like M6 very much.. :( :(

(it's popular in my country, Japan...)

no, no! IT'S NOT DC!!!!

You didn't like M-6?!

Out of all the movies you chose M-6 not to like?

M-6 is actually one of the more popular ones...

You didn't like M-6?!

Movie 6 is meh :3 It wasn't one of the better ones, in my opinion xP

A MacGuffin is basically a plot element that is created for the express purpose of catching the audiences attention and/or moving the plot forward.

So the "deadly virus" that wasn't a virus (AKA the 90% of the plot in M14) was a MacGuffin. It put something on the line, and lead to absolutely nothing while moving the plot forward. Basically you could take out the virus, replace it with bombs, and nothing would change, or anything else that would jeopardize the lives of many people, especially the main character.

Irish's character and that chip were MacGuffins. They had no bearing on the overall story and were created for the sole purpose of making the movie exciting and moving the actual plot forward.

I don't know why I should answer though... I thought Chekhov MacGuffin would swoop in and explain it (or people would at least look up the origin of her name which is Anton Chekhov and MacGuffin iirc).

I hope that helps :). I should note that I don't mind MacGuffins if the plot of the movie is just that good that the presence of the MacGuffin doesn't really matter. Like the movie Pulp Fiction (the briefcase was a MacGuffin). Sometimes they work, but not when the plot IS the MacGuffin (ala M14)

Please refer to the tvtropes MacGuffin page.

Oh so that is MacGuffin... Yeah, I don't like it either.

Thanks for explaining :)

You didn't like M-6?!

yeah, i don't like M6. and yes, i know it's popular. ;)

but i feel it's not the work of DC!

surely, i think it's interesting that the field is London (though it is not real).

we couldn't imagine Conan was in London until recent London stories.

i think DC's fascination is the philosophy Conan & other characters NEVER ALLOW ANY MURDER(i.e. contains suicide)

this Conan speech expresses it the best. and what he feel guilty about Akemi also does.

'a detective who corners a culprit with their reasoning and drives them to suicide in front of himself is no different than a murderer.'

M6 ALLOWS A LOT OF DEATH UNDER THE NAME OF SELF‐DEVOTION.

especially, i HATE the last scene, Conan says to Hiroki, 'Rest In Peace'.

i think they don't match DC's attitude so i dislike M6 (even if it doesn't mean real death).

and i wonder if the reason is the M6 playwright, Hisashi Nozawa, didn't understand well the philosophy.

but if it is, i'll never like this work.

thank you.

Edited by chiro

I can now see your argument, but M-6 in my eyes will still be one of the best DC movies.

Sure, it was well off the beaten track, and it focused more on action and drama rather than mystery, but it was still better than most of the other movies.