Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

Movie 15, "Quarter of Silence"

Like the rest of you, I can't wait for this "dark" movie either.

I'm looking forward to many many deaths and a lot of action.

M-14 was a disaster.

It didn't have deaths or action.

Just some funny rendition of Home Alone except it was Conan on an airship.

That idea was just doomed from the start.

Like the rest of you, I can't wait for this "dark" movie either.

I'm looking forward to many many deaths and a lot of action.

M-14 was a disaster.

It didn't have deaths or action.

Just some funny rendition of Home Alone except it was Conan on an airship.

That idea was just doomed from the start.

No death, no real danger, no detective elements, not even a story to begin with ! Just gags which only make kids laugh, action sequences inspired by Home Alone and a huge lot of fan-service (the whole Kaito Kid/Ran romance. The movie was almost entirely sold on that in the trailer).

But it seems that the new movie will be far better in term of storytelling and that the action-sequences will be more deadly than in most movies (and that's good, because it almost seems like Conan is immortal sometimes). With the return to a darker atmosphere and a murder story, it could well be the new The 14th Target or Captured in her Eyes (the two darkest movies of the series and the two most faithful to the ambiance of the manga).

Guys could some 1 tell me whats going on with DC manga series nr. 774 ? i have waited 2 weeks now, and its still not out yet or..? i know its not have something with the movie, but still :unsure:

I really want a movie where conan brings down the BO and tells ran the truth. With maybe some deaths too, in the BO.

That's impossible, it will mess up the manga plot, which should never happen in a movie.

I don't know if this topic should be here.

Agreed. There is a separate topic for Quarter of Silence. Our DCTP neighbors are already preparing for the tiring job, so please be patient. It isn't easy to sub everything.

The Main Theme of Detective Conan, Quarter version:

Main Theme - Quarter

Loving it!

The other OSTs from his movie seem to be really nice as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this song will be featured in the movie.

An interesting review of movie 15 :

Every year around Golden Week, which is a week in May where three national holidays fall close together, a new Detective Conan movie comes out. I have seen all three of the movies that have come out since I’ve been in Japan. This year marked the 15th movie to make its way to the big screen. Sadly, the 15th was by far the worst of the three I’ve seen here. The previous two movies featured important side characters to the series and had big stakes. This movie lacked either of those.

One of my favorite things that the previous movies did was find a way to use all of his various gadgets somewhere in the story. It was creative and fun and was a nice reminder of some of the gadgets that don’t get used as often. This movie showed all of his gadgets during the story recap at the start, but barely used any of them in the story.

Let’s compare the villains of the movies. In both the previous two, we know fairly early on who we are up against, but they are too powerful to take down. In the 13th movie Conan was chased up Tokyo Tower while being shot at from a helicopter. In the 14th movie he got a bit too cheeky with the big bad, who promptly picked him up and threw him out of the window of the blimp (which is probably my favorite Conan moment ever, click the link and watch it!). Both were shocking and showed that we were dealing with someone who meant business. This movie had a dude with a hunting rifle and a stun gun. Who could not hit Conan at fairly close range. He also blew up a dam, which I guess was a big deal, but he was a very standard crazy dude who tries to kill Conan when he gets caught and not some evil mastermind who could be a real threat.

Also the Junior Detective Boys played far too large of a role. Conan has a group of first grade friends, to help with his cover so everyone doesn’t think he’s the most antisocial child ever one assumes, who fancy themselves detectives as well. They occasionally “help” Conan on his cases. Far more often they just hang around and say childlike things that sometimes help Conan figure stuff out. I understand that they will always be in these movies. Children, who these movies are really for, cannot picture themselves as Conan who is really a high school student. But they can picture themselves as one of his friends. But in this movie they were around the entire time and were mostly doing trivial, useless things, like crashing snowmobiles. They work best as side characters and this movie had them front and center.

It wasn’t a bad movie, but it was really lacking in the things I have come to expect from a Conan movie. It just felt like a really long episode and not a movie. There wasn’t anything special about the villain or the setting or the crime. It was just another crime that Conan happens to be around for and solves.

My link

While she seems disappointed, the review actually seem mostly positive to me because a long DC episode is what I expect from a DC movie, the fact that the gadgets aren't overused in a lame fashion like in the previous movies is a good thing. Also, not having guest characters is fine IMO since we then avoid the crappy BO or Kid fanservice. The only disappointing thing in this movie seems to be the DB having a big role.

• Upvote 1

can any1 tell when can i watch the subbed movie online

Late Fall early Winter. The movie aired in Japan during golden week. After that all we can do at DCTP is wait for the rental of the DVD and Bluray, which comes out in the Fall, usually in September/October. From there we translate it and work our magic. So please be patient. :)

DCTP does work on Cam rips. Mainly because the quality is so god awful. The other reasons are that audio is not consistent, which is important for a dialogue heavy series like Detective Conan, and the visuals aren't consistent either, which is important for some of the textual clues or cues. So we don't bother :). (also, they are harder to come by)

While she seems disappointed, the review actually seem mostly positive to me because a long DC episode is what I expect from a DC movie, the fact that the gadgets aren't overused in a lame fashion like in the previous movies is a good thing. Also, not having guest characters is fine IMO since we then avoid the crappy BO or Kid fanservice. The only disappointing thing in this movie seems to be the DB having a big role.

Wow!! :D Thanks!! Now I know a little about Movie 15... A rep for you!!