Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

Movie 15, "Quarter of Silence"

Well, my guess about what the story of Quarter of Silence could be is

Conan and his group will be trapped in a house or in a village in a snow mountain where murders will occur every 15 minutes (it could be the meaning of the title and of the "I have to survive, no matter what !"). And because of a snow storm, there will be no way out.

At least, I really hope it will be the come-back of a murder story (no disaster movie this time, please !) and of a more serious plot than the previous movie.

Title: 沈黙の15分

English Title: Quarter of Silence

(Direct Translation: 15 Minutes of Silence, but it will be called Quarter of Silence)

Release Date: April 16

Tagline: 生き延びるんだ、 絶対に。。。 I have to survive, no matter what...

Supervising Director: 山本 泰一郎 Yasuichiro Yamamoto

Director:静野孔文 Kobun Shizuno

Written By: 古内一成 Kazunari Kochi

Music: 大野克夫Katsuo Ono (As Always! :mrgreen: )

Trailers:

Preview/ Teaser Trailer(Released With Movie 14)

First Official Trailer (Released 12/4)

Since the manga styled poster by Gosho has been featured in this thread, it would be silly to repost it, so here's a preview poster:

Warning: this may contain spoilers!

Well, It's not really that spoiler-filled. It's only a couple of images in case you're curious, and it doesn't give away much of the plot.

Spoiler Poster

Edit:There's a New Preview Poster! It pretty much contains the same pictures, but there is color to the images!

(This is my guessing from back in November, to read the updated one just click on the spoiler tag below my silly rambling here)

I'm looking forward to this one. Movie 14 was really funny, but it lacked plot and a mystery, so hopefully this one will bring some mystery to it! Based on the poster image, the title, and the poster tagline, it looks like a new mystery involving something with snow, a clock, trying to survive, and 15 minutes... a bombing mystery at some clock tower maybe? Maybe not, since there already has been one bombing movie before (two if you count the Black Organization bombing the towers in Movie 5...) I'm not too sure the BO will be back in this movie since they were in movie 13 (but who knows, it's the 15th anniversary of the anime and movies. Anything could happen). Kaito Kid was the main star of the last movie, so obviously there won't be a whole movie about him for a while, so I wonder what they'll do. Certainly since this is the 15th movie this movie is bound to have something exciting happen, so the only thing I can think of that hasn't happened in the movies for a long time now is Conan reverting back into Shinichi, but who knows.

As for the clock, I'm curious. In pretty much every movie poster so far, each part of the poster has something to do with the movie (or it is a teaser for the movie, like the Movie 14 poster!) Every time I look at the face of the clock, the first thing that pops into my head is Big Ben (though that would be strange if that's what it was meant to be, since we just went through a London arc)

Also, as I said, snow seems to have a role in this movie, since the movie's logo is this:

.news-conan15emefilm_s.jpg

Well now a new person (specifically Kobun Shizuno) is taking over the roll of director that was formerly held by Yasuichiro Yamamoto for a LONG time, so maybe we'll see something new. Hopefully there will be a mystery this time around, and maybe some appearances by characters we haven't seen in a while (although we've pretty much seen everyone in Movies 13 and 14 since they managed to incorporate nearly every important character, unless you view Hakuba Saguru the same way you view characters like Heiji, Sato, etc., in that case there are people we haven't seen in a while...)

So far, the movie website hasn't been updated, so no more information is available currently, but usually in December, information comes FLOODING in! I remember last year, where within a few days the website was updated, new information came out, and trailers began to appear, so soon enough we'll find out more! (Edit:I crossed this out since the site has now been updated!):wink:

This is my January talk about the movie here, so there's not a lot of general information, mostly just guessing!

So now here's my updated theories and thoughts on the movie for January. Now that we've seen the first trailer and both the manga and theatrical posters, it's quite easy to assume the plot. According to the site, there's a threat note towards Governor Asakura, and although the threat has been handled, Conan, Ran, Kogoro and the Detective Boys head off to the Niigata Prefecture to find the culprit, only to find a dead corpse in the snow! Maybe the corpse has something to do with the bomb threat? Not to mention that it seems Ran gets herself in a sticky situation and calls out for Shinichi? Will Conan turn back into Shinichi and rescue her, or will he just have to save her as himself? So many questions! As for what appears to be the Detective Boys falling off a cliff on a sled in the trailer, I'm sure somehow they'll survive that one, considering that I'm sure they won't kill off a main character in the movie. And... Kogoro found the culprit? Probably not, unless Conan gave him a hint that would help him. It seems there's an exciting mystery afoot this time once again, which is good to see! Like I said before, although movie 14 was funny, it lacked... pretty much the main genre of Detective Conan: mystery. And now it appears we finally are going to get back to the good old days where Conan movies actually had mysteries in them, and were not just all about, well, I don't know how to describe it, but pretty much how the plot of Movie 14 went, with no mystery, only comedy (and shipping :mrgreen: ) and maybe a little bit of suspense(Though I admit it's great to see those too! It would just be good if there was mystery and comedy combined!)

Edit 12/4:

The Official Movie Website has been updated for Movie 15!

The Website Includes: (Click the Spoiler Tag below if you want to know!)

News- New Information About the Movie

Story- I put it as a spoiler since it talks about the movie, and contains HUGE spoilers about what the story is about, so do know this before reading

15 Seconds Before a Subway Explosion!

On A December Day there is a mysterious threat note sent to Governer Asakura . That day, the tunnel exploits a newly open railway! However, thanks to Conan learning about the note from Kogoro, the case was closed without any injured people, but...

The Truth Lies in the Snow Country

Perhaps the crime was planned by someone who hates Asaukura?To go after the criminal could cause tragedy. Is it someone working to build the dam who has a grudge against Asakura?Conan and the others will go to the Niigata Prefecture where the dam was built...

The Tragedy From 8 Years Ago

To Celebrate a 5 year old town, many people have gathered. Perhaps the criminal is amongst them? When Conan starts to investigate, he finds an unknown corpse in the snow! Is there a relationship between this case and the subway explosion?The accident from 8 years ago that wounded the hearts of the people... the tragedy presents itself and now strikes the people with disaster!

CCQ (Or Conan Cinema Quiz)- This is the page that talks about Dr. Agasa's question...but this time there are two questions! The first one is from Dr. Agasa, and the second one is from Ai.

Trailer- This pretty much shows the trailer for the movie! Translation: (I put it as a spoiler just in case, but it's the translation for the trailer):

Takagi- A threat note? To Tokyo's Governor?

Megure- What? A bomb?

Conan- Ah!

Mother- You Recovered!

Boy- Mother...

Ai- We have to hurry!

Conan- I know!

Kogoro- The culprit... Is You!

Genta, Mitsuhiko, and Ayumi- AH!

Ran- Shinichi... If you are near, save me... SAVE ME!

Conan- Detective Conan Movie- Quarter of Silence!

Edit 12/26: New Movie Poster! (the official movie poster!!)

movie_15_poster_in_color_by_anita_hailey-d35m25s.jpg

Edit 3/4

There's a New Movie Trailer out here, and the website has been updated with the official movie poster and more, including info on the suspects!

It seems the new theme song will be "Don't Wanna Lie" by B'z, who you might know from a few Detective Conan Openings, Endings, and Movie themes.

I put what's new on the sight in the spoilers below:

New Home Page

Includes the official Movie Poster!

Aoyama Comments (Introduction)

Hello, it's Aoyama! The scene this time is in the snowy mountains on winter! It's a bit off season for Golden Week... (Note: The movie premieres in April a little before Golden Week) But at least it's good anyways (laughs)

The main point of this film is "action followed by more action!" I find it to be one of the most exciting movies of them all... but don't try performing dangerous stunts with a snowboard like Conan.

To find out about the danger I am speaking of, you have to see the film! (laughs)

Characters

So here are the guest characters that appear in the film:

Yuichiro Asakura (66)- In charge of Asakura. He is the one who designed the dam.

Shougo Hikawa (34)- Investigating on Kitanosawa town that was buried in the lake.

Keisuke Yamao (34)- 8 years ago he surrendered to the police after he hit Mizuki Toun's younger sister. He just got out of jail.

Fuyumi Tachihara (34)- She cares for her son Touma after he fell off an abyss when he went looking for swans.

Takehiko Mutou (34)- He disagreed on the burial of the town for the construction of the dam. He now lives in the mountains.

Mizuki Touno (33)- From the shock of losing her younger sister, she left town and moved away from her parents. She now tends to her younger sister's grave.

Touma Tachihara (15)- The son of Fuyumi. He was unconscious for 8 years because he fell into the abyss. He woke up, but has lost his memory and has no idea what happened.

The question on the left of this page says, "One of them could be the culprit!?"

Theme Song

As I said before, the theme song will be "I don't wanna lie" by B'z! This song will also be an anime Opening starting April 30 according to the page (this is a first...)

Guest Actor

I'm certain you've heard of this already, but the guest actor will be Watanabe Youichi.

Also, the OFFICIAL trailer has been released now. The link is here

and here's the translation (in spoilers because the official trailer may or may not contain scenes that spoil parts of the movie)

Conan: A mysterious threat note is sent to the Governor of Tokyo. Also...

Megure: A bomb?

Takagi: Eh?

Conan: What is the connection between the explosion in the underground tunnel and the tragedy in the snow?

Conan: The person who has the key is a boy who has been asleep for 8 years...

Conan: What?

Touma: What's this... I've seen this light somewhere before...I can't! I can't remember!

Conan: The remaining time is only 15 minutes

(this is where "Don't Wanna Lie begins playing for those who are interested in hearing it. :) )

Mitsuhiko: Ayumi-chan!

Ai: You can't always perform miracles.

Conan: The case of surival will take place at a dam surrounded by snow!

Kogoro: What are you planning?

Ran: That's dangerous!

Conan: If I live...

Shinichi: We will meet again.

Conan: Watch for the 15th Anniversary Detective Conan movie, "Quarter of Silence".

Ran: NOOOOOOOO! :shock:

Definitely something to look forward to! We now know the theme song and more!

• Upvote 2

Title: 沈黙の15分

English Title: Quarter of Silence

(Direct Translation: 15 Minutes of Silence, but it will be called Quarter of Silence)

Release Date: April 16

Tagline: 生き延びるんだ、 絶対に。。。 I have to survive... no matter what

Supervising Director: 山本 泰一郎 Yasuichiro Yamamoto

Director:静野孔文 Kobun Shizuno

Written By: 古内一成 Kazunari Kochi

Music: 大野克夫Katsuo Ono (As Always! :mrgreen: )

Since the manga styled poster by Gosho has been featured in this thread, it would be silly to repost it, so here's a preview poster:

Warning: this may contain spoilers!

Well, It's not really that spoiler-filled. It's only a couple of images in case you're curious, and it doesn't give away much of the plot.

Spoiler Poster

I'm looking forward to this one. Movie 14 was really funny, but it lacked plot and a mystery, so hopefully this one will bring some mystery to it! Based on the poster image, the title, and the poster tagline, it looks like a new mystery involving something with snow, a clock, trying to survive, and 15 minutes... a bombing mystery at some clock tower maybe? Maybe not, since there already has been one bombing movie before (two if you count the Black Organization bombing the towers in Movie 5...) I'm not too sure the BO will be back in this movie since they were in movie 13 (but who knows, it's the 15th anniversary of the anime and movies. Anything could happen). Kaito Kid was the main star of the last movie, so obviously there won't be a whole movie about him for a while, so I wonder what they'll do. Certainly since this is the 15th movie this movie is bound to have something exciting happen, so the only thing I can think of that hasn't happened in the movies for a long time now is Conan reverting back into Shinichi, but who knows.

As for the clock, I'm curious. In pretty much every movie poster so far, each part of the poster has something to do with the movie (or it is a teaser for the movie, like the Movie 14 poster!) Every time I look at the face of the clock, the first thing that pops into my head is Big Ben (though that would be strange if that's what it was meant to be, since we just went through a London arc)

Also, as I said, snow seems to have a role in this movie, since the movie's logo is this:

.news-conan15emefilm_s.jpg

Well now a new person (specifically Kobun Shizuno) is taking over the roll of director that was formerly held by Yasuichiro Yamamoto for a LONG time, so maybe we'll see something new. Hopefully there will be a mystery this time around, and maybe some appearances by characters we haven't seen in a while (although we've pretty much seen everyone in Movies 13 and 14 since they managed to incorporate nearly every important character, unless you view Hakuba Saguru the same way you view characters like Heiji, Sato, etc., in that case there are people we haven't seen in a while...)

So far, the movie website hasn't been updated, so no more information is available currently, but usually in December, information comes FLOODING in! I remember last year, where within a few days the website was updated, new information came out, and trailers began to appear, so soon enough we'll find out more! :wink:

BO BO BO BO BO

• Upvote 1

WOW. People have some good ideas about whats going to happen...

Hopefully Conan turns back in to Shinichi... i think its also about time Ran finds out who Conan really is... even if it does put her life at risk... but Conan is smart so he can protect her... but i don't know.