Detective Conan World
CarpetCrawler

Movie 15, "Quarter of Silence"

I've seen the final action-sequence of the movie and... my gosh, we haven't seen anything like this in any other Conan movie. It's tremendous and the danger is REAL. This is the first time of the franchise I felt Conan could actually die, not like the action-sequences of the other movies where we know he would survive.

In fact, he almost dies at the end of the movie. He doesn't survive the events like nothing happened like in the other movies, he's seriously injured.

I've seen the final action-sequence of the movie and... my gosh, we haven't seen anything like this in any other Conan movie. It's tremendous and the danger is REAL. This is the first time of the franchise I felt Conan could actually die, not like the action-sequences of the other movies where we know he would survive.

You already watch the raw!? I'm dying to watch it...

In fact, he almost dies at the end of the movie. He doesn't survive the events like nothing happened like in the other movies, he's seriously injured.

YES IVE SEEN THE SPOILER. >__< I mean the last part of the movie... WHERE CAN I WATCH IT?! I don't mind if its the raw, I can understand a little bit. >__< WHERE?!?!?!

I was also amazed by

how they use the Detective Conan main theme during this scene to turn it into something incredibly epic and deadly. It's just one of the best rendition of that song, it's amazing.

I have to resist temptation to watch the leakage on youtube. (It's like having the last page of a book, but not having the rest of it yet...)

This is why I'm not watching leakage.

Movie 15 was released in Korea on the 3rd of August. According to Box Office Mojo it grossed $3,179,708 in 2 weeks with 518 303 people attending (2,630,000 went to see the movie in Japan, ticket prices are much lower in South Korea though). After 2 weeks, Movie 14 and 13 had grossed $2,371,444 and $2,676,684 respectively. Just to compare Conan's populariy in Korea compared to other franchise, here are a few other numbers : the 31th movie of Doraemon grossed $868,967 in its entire run, Pokemon's 14th movie (last year's movie) grossed $2,353,831, One Piece Strong World grossed $852,420 and this year's Shin-chan movie grossed $2,183,236.

The first time they released a DC movie in Korea was in 2008 (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-05-05/detective-conan-solves-his-first-case-in-korea), at that time movie 6 was released and grossed $601,061 with 49 screens in its opening week-end, this year's DC movie had 344 screens in its opening week-end and, as you can see, the gross has really increased in 3 years.

Basically, movie 15's gross in the Korean box office is quite good for an animated movie.

I saw spoiler in youtube. It seems to be the final part,

when Conan's in danger and Ran finds him in the snow,... It's really moving!

Hope to watch the full movie soon.

Edited by CarpetCrawler
It would probably be a good idea if you'd avoid spoiling everyone. Thanks.

Guess what? They release raw on internet, there's no subtitle. The movie finally release on animeultima.tv. Yesterday I was online looking for movie but it's Japanese.